could use a little help on a project if anyone has free time :)

@Ridox2JZGTE RS tune breakin in :19 is just piece of cake, but RH makes it probably something what average Joe will use for lawnmoving. Yes gonna try it, track is bit crazy for tuning, one of kind pavement on track, no other track is same semi slippery tarmac.

@Ridox2JZGTE RS tune breakin in :19 is just piece of cake, but RH makes it probably something what average Joe will use for lawnmoving. Yes gonna try it, track is bit crazy for tuning, one of kind pavement on track, no other track is same semi slippery tarmac.

I actually prefer SS tire on the car than RH, racing tires is snappier on the edge of grip.
Download the replay for 1:21s lap, see if you can build a tune that can beat it ( get into 1:20s ) :D

I actually prefer SS tire on the car than RH, racing tires is snappier on the edge of grip.
Download the replay for 1:21s lap, see if you can build a tune that can beat it ( get into 1:20s ) :D
I'm on point where any changes to improve time requires also more skill from driver.. 1:23 flat is last time with current easy to drive on RH, 589pp no oils.
Small preview to show how much I suck on apricot, really hate that track.

I'm on point where any changes to improve time requires also more skill from driver.. 1:23 flat is last time with current easy to drive on RH, 589pp no oils.
Small preview to show how much I suck on apricot, really hate that track.

Lock up during heavy braking and constant overload on front wheels ( red and smokes ) seems prevalent on the lap, these 2 needs to be rectified :)
Wish I could upload my lap on page 2 to youtube :( Much easier to just watch it online.

Apricot Hill is more like a point and shoot track, get the entry right, and exit should be a peach :)

The uphill right hander after the hairpin can be taken flat out if the entry is spot on, but it will be a bit dicey ( some slide ), the car should hit 210kmh before braking for the chicane ( if I remember correctly )

I was actually contemplating throwing the RH In the front, and SS in the rear.
I have done that before to rectify certain types of understeer, well, certain types of 'turn in' issues would be more accurate.
I am at work, brainstorming on break, lol.

@Ridox2JZGTE yep, known problems, coming from nearly stock reasons :)

Believe it or not, I haven't tried the stock suspension, when I got the car, I immediately installed custom suspension and applied base setup from GT5 build.

I was actually contemplating throwing the RH In the front, and SS in the rear.
I have done that before to rectify certain types of understeer, well, certain types of 'turn in' issues would be more accurate.
I am at work, brainstorming on break, lol.

Rear SS would be nightmare when online with tire wear :)

I got so used to going back and forth to this car, and doing my attempts at 1st on the seasonals, I wasn't thinking. When i said that, i was at work on break just trying to think of things i haven't thought of yet, lol.
Work is so long and boring, and worst of all, no gaming systems ^^

I would really like to take a minute to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped on this project.
I believe we all learned a few things about this car, and got some really good practice on problem solving. As well as learning how others approach issues that do not conside with your normal methods, but do work and are productive.
My friend will no doubt be very thankful as well.
I will be giving him 3 set ups, one for each tune slot.
I am going to try to hit not the fastest 3, but the 3 best that are of slightly different drive styles from each other. I figure, one of them will hit his specific drive style, and should be golden.

I am still trying to decide which 3, but I am sure it won't be too hard.
I will take advice on those choices if anyone has any input, but either way we should be all set.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
This community is the best, I said it when i first joined, and it still hold true. ^^

I would really like to take a minute to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped on this project.
I believe we all learned a few things about this car, and got some really good practice on problem solving. As well as learning how others approach issues that do not conside with your normal methods, but do work and are productive.
My friend will no doubt be very thankful as well.
I will be giving him 3 set ups, one for each tune slot.
I am going to try to hit not the fastest 3, but the 3 best that are of slightly different drive styles from each other. I figure, one of them will hit his specific drive style, and should be golden.

I am still trying to decide which 3, but I am sure it won't be too hard.
I will take advice on those choices if anyone has any input, but either way we should be all set.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
This community is the best, I said it when i first joined, and it still hold true. ^^

You're welcome, I hope the Buick can put up a fight :)

I just did simple test using my Feed ( Fujita Engineering ) RX7 replica build at Apricot Hill, tweak a little ( less power ), lighter weight, 393HP/400PS, 1150kg, mere 537PP, SS tire, not even RH, still use real car corrected gear ratio with 4.1 final, aggressive LSD like in replica, installed body rigidity, installed flat floor and added camber at 1.5 on both axle, still clocking high 1:22s on 1st lap :eek: Imagine it on RH and more race oriented setup.

The PP system really needs a lot of work :P

So, I ran it around a bit for lulz.

It's so broken. Nowhere near enough rear brake pressure can be dialed in, nowhere near enough weight can be kept on the rear, and by the time I gave up messing with it the setup was, well, strange would be far too kind.

Can't make my mind up about ballast. Helps feel but destroys any chance of turning while braking, ruins braking distance, and doesn't help exit enough. Car could definitely be fast at tracks with fewer transitions (and indeed a lower corner-to-straightaway ratio) but Apricot Hill is not that track.

Also, threw racing softs on the front and only the front before I quit, almost handled like a normal car. Almost. Still pushed. :lol:

The friend I was doing this for (well, not JUST him, us as well), likes to use abs=1. That helps a little bit on the braking issue, not much, but a little.
And yeah, between the 3 extremes I couldn't decide which was Better overall either.
Being mid weight all back 49/51, lowest weight 0 ballast, and highest weight rear.
The only good thing is, highest weight is useless, as 49/51 is the most any set up will allow, and that can be done WITH all weight reduction ON, just with ballast. So full rear transition can be done without turning it into a 1500kg sherman tank, lol. But I agree, getting the thing to drive decent is not the problem, we've done that various ways already, getting it to be A: competitive with others around this PP level, and B: easily repetitive on decent laps, is the issues that are almost at an impasse.
I appreciate you giving it a go man ^^

Back