Counter Strike: Global Offensive

• Thread starter Carlos
  • 55 comments

Carlos

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
Anyone downloaded this yet? Downloaded it today for 1200 points. Played very nice and I had alot of fun in all the old maps. Still loving the AK47, if anyone else is playing this game feel free to add me and if you liked the old CS you will like this one to.

Counter-Strike-Global-Offensive-Selector-Wheel.jpg

I play it on the XB ofcourse.

I bought this and can't aim for 🤬 so I just play with the bots for now, I don't think I'll get used to the fact you can't really aim down the sights.

I actually struggled to win a game of something (it's like COD's Search and Destroy mode) against the easy bots, I think it ended up 5-4 to us.

Got this on Saturday, many a day I spent on CS about 10 years ago lol, though I am disappointed that only half the old maps are there now

Got this on Saturday, many a day I spent on CS about 10 years ago lol, though I am disappointed that only half the old maps are there now

Hey come on, CS on the XBOX!!

I know what you mean, I want those maps to. But I'm happy we have CS on the XB, I was like YEAH when de dust started :D

Dust was/is indeed the greatest map, I used to go by the name *Dy3r5 3ve* on the CS servers but my favorite map was Assault, I really did p0wn on that map

I sucked so bad in Assault, you don't wanna know! I don't know what my username was on CS, stresschicken or something like that.. I was in a cool clan though, pwned. You must know them :D

Probably do, was never in a clan as I played mostly round at my friends house because my PC couldnt handle it, I'm getting a new gaming PC soon so might get the original CS for it :D

1.6?! I searched for it but didn't found it :( Found 2 copies of CSS though. Hope I have my 1.6 still somewhere laying around collecting dust.. Would anyone still play 1.6?

Yeah I thought you could. I bought it in the stores though many many many years ago for me and my dad but my dad didn't like it :lol:

Hmm Source isn't very much different than 1.6 but it's just newer, graphics are a bit better and I think newer maps but not sure anymore, it's been too long..

I have many fond memories of playing the original in 1999-2002 in my dorm room late into the night (yes I am an old man...). I wasn't any good, but might have to get this new one just for old times sake.

I let my rank decay big time from when I was playing a lot in 2014 and 2015 so I think I'm only GN1 as of the last time I played a few weeks ago. Been playing CS for the better part of 16 years now so I usually only do a few competitive games here and there when my friends feel like playing. Had to play some non-prime MM games with my silver friends a few weeks ago and the enemy teams were not happy.

What really got me out of playing regularly this past year is a stupid error I get seemingly every couple of hours where my connection to the VAC servers apparently has problems so I can't connect to official servers for about 15 minutes. Haven't been able to figure out if it's a firewall/antivirus/internet security thing, some other network config problem, or general crappiness on the part of my ISP but it's super annoying to get dropped during a comp match and not be able to reconnect to the server before getting a cooldown for disconnecting mid-game.

Last time it happened while I was playing with my friends and dismantling the other team. They see a VAC authentication error or something like that when you get dropped so the salty kids assume you got a VAC ban. It's all super lame.

Also, my Steam account turns 13 years old this week. Old enough to register for it's own GTP account! :lol:

I let my rank decay big time from when I was playing a lot in 2014 and 2015 so I think I'm only GN1 as of the last time I played a few weeks ago. Been playing CS for the better part of 16 years now so I usually only do a few competitive games here and there when my friends feel like playing. Had to play some non-prime MM games with my silver friends a few weeks ago and the enemy teams were not happy.

What really got me out of playing regularly this past year is a stupid error I get seemingly every couple of hours where my connection to the VAC servers apparently has problems so I can't connect to official servers for about 15 minutes. Haven't been able to figure out if it's a firewall/antivirus/internet security thing, some other network config problem, or general crappiness on the part of my ISP but it's super annoying to get dropped during a comp match and not be able to reconnect to the server before getting a cooldown for disconnecting mid-game.

Last time it happened while I was playing with my friends and dismantling the other team. They see a VAC authentication error or something like that when you get dropped so the salty kids assume you got a VAC ban. It's all super lame.

Also, my Steam account turns 13 years old this week. Old enough to register for it's own GTP account! :lol:
Its quite annoying indeed especially when on Matchmaking. Worse is when MM system place you to the worst server, you fail to connect, you then get cooldown for whats not your fault at all.

To fix the VAC authentication, you'll need to restart your computer. However said error shouldn't appear often.

Its quite annoying indeed especially when on Matchmaking. Worse is when MM system place you to the worst server, you fail to connect, you then get cooldown for whats not your fault at all.

To fix the VAC authentication, you'll need to restart your computer. However said error shouldn't appear often.

Oh trust me I can exit Steam, run the repair utility, run sfc /scannow from Windows cmd prompt, restart the computer, verify the CSGO game cache when I get back on, all before the reconnect timer is up. But it just gives me the error again and never lets me reconnect until another 10 minutes or so has passed. I seem to get it every couple of games I play.

The in-game error popup makes you hit okay and then minimizes the game to open this page https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ilzv-2837 but nothing on there really helps. The only application I have from their list of common causes is CCleaner but I only run that on-demand and have its automatic monitoring/cleaning stuff turned off.

Other related support pages suggest firewall issues with common Internet Security/Antivirus applications, but I've still gotten the error even with my software firewall disabled, and besides, CSGO and Steam were correctly automatically excluded in the software anyway so they should be able to make all the connections they need regardless.

Oh trust me I can exit Steam, run the repair utility, run sfc /scannow from Windows cmd prompt, restart the computer, verify the CSGO game cache when I get back on, all before the reconnect timer is up. But it just gives me the error again and never lets me reconnect until another 10 minutes or so has passed. I seem to get it every couple of games I play.

The in-game error popup makes you hit okay and then minimizes the game to open this page https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ilzv-2837 but nothing on there really helps. The only application I have from their list of common causes is CCleaner but I only run that on-demand and have its automatic monitoring/cleaning stuff turned off.

Other related support pages suggest firewall issues with common Internet Security/Antivirus applications, but I've still gotten the error even with my software firewall disabled, and besides, CSGO and Steam were correctly automatically excluded in the software anyway so they should be able to make all the connections they need regardless.
Must be severe. Check all of your programs that might be disruptive. So far for myself only need to restart machine everytime it pops up.

I'm currently between MG1 and MG2 but I've been having a couple of bad days lately. I miss my old shiny DMG rank before the rank reshuffle.

I haven't played in a few weeks because of World of Warcraft but I saw the latest patch notes. Definitely have to get on tonight for a few minutes at least to hear the new sounds for the main rifles. Also good to see all the work they've done lately on improving the synchronization of hitboxes with character models as well as things like mid-air firing accuracy.

New CS GO Operation is out!

It was about time. Was just about to give up CS:GO, but they saved it, just barely.

Hopefully they can do something about all the 3rd party cheaters also.
Being Prime doesn't help when VAC detects nothing, for several months.

Anyone who wants to play the Wingman mode in the Hydra Operation?

Need to be 2 people to play it. :odd:

Let me know if you want to play.

Back