Counter Strike: Global Offensive

• Thread starter Carlos
  • 55 comments
I haven't been playing as much as I wanted. I have so much to do, I haven't even had time to buy the Operation
Its quite fun with the Hydra Events that change weekly.

War Games, 2v2 and Weapon Expert all throw in a welcome mix of events to play. Along with the co-op campaign against Bot's and Heavy Bot's.

Definitely recommend to pick it up if you can. :D

I've been playing some co-op missions with some of my mates late at night and I will definitely pick the Operation soon, but I just didn't have the time to do so yet.

CS:GO Major in Krakow has just started and as always you can either watch it in-game via CS:GO TV or on Twitch.tv.

Also, all the information about the Major is posted over at HLTV.org.

You can also be lucky enough to earn drops by watching either ways. If you are watching through Twitch, be sure to link your Steam account in the settings.

@Phoenix In the other news, there was Cologne
ESL 2017 albeit its not a major. However whats special is it hosts the most atendees and many parties. Not to mention the amount of CS GO Youtubers attending, which basically all of them.

Just search for them on Youtube.

@Phoenix In the other news, there was Cologne
ESL 2017 albeit its not a major. However whats special is it hosts the most atendees and many parties. Not to mention the amount of CS GO Youtubers attending, which basically all of them.

Just search for them on Youtube.
I watched all of the ESL Cologne. I don't need to search for anything on Youtube.

However, ESL Cologne is just a tournament with a simple knockout setup. The Major is bigger and includes more matches via group stages and main events, and also prizes for players and viewers.

So you are infact wrong when saying that ESL Cologne had more attendees, when PGL Major Krakow have also have 16 teams competing, just over more matches.

To those who plays this game, how's the ping during normal gameplay? I tend to reach around 80-100 ping wise which's the lowest I ever had in a video game especially since Valve made an official server in Dubai couple years ago.

To those who plays this game, how's the ping during normal gameplay? I tend to reach around 80-100 ping wise which's the lowest I ever had in a video game especially since Valve made an official server in Dubai couple years ago.
I have matchmaking settings put to 40 ping maximum. Sometimes it goes over that but anything over 50-55 is horrible. Not to mention only 64 tick servers.

Usually get somewhere between 15 and 30 ping, which is alright.

My ping during matchmaking it usually 30-40. But I've been playing a lot of Cevo and Face It and I've been getting about 30-70 on there depending on the server location.

It depends on the server location. When I'm at Aveiro (where I study) I get about 15-30. When I'm back at home (Leiria) I get usually 40-60 ping.

Really disappointed in the whole CSGO scene.
Absolutely disgusting witch hunt that happend this evening without any kind of sportsmanship shown from fans and players.
Especially Fer, Magiskb0Y and S1mple should sit down and rethink their behaviour.

Really disappointed in the whole CSGO scene.
Absolutely disgusting witch hunt that happend this evening without any kind of sportsmanship shown from fans and players.
Especially Fer, Magiskb0Y and S1mple should sit down and rethink their behaviour.

I haven't been home to follow every game, so may I ask what happened?

I haven't been home to follow every game, so may I ask what happened?
The whole "jump bug" thing pretty much escalated after the BIG vs Cloud9 game.
Multiple players/teams came together to have a discussion about the jump bug, taking photos of it and posting them on Twitter.
Fer, Magiskb0y & S1mple all copy/pasted the same tweet, but Magiskb0Y and S1mple deleted theirs again.
Fer however still has his one up:

Players turned this pretty much into a witch hunt against BIG by making it look and sound like BIG didn't wanted to be any part of it. However, BIG couldn't be any part of it, because everyone waited till BIG left the stadium and no one even told BIG about it at all. They first saw it on Twitter as well.
Obviously I don't really know what happend at the stadium, but judging by the tweets it looks like Virtus.Pro had to get involved in this whole drama and was the only team that talked with BIG and asked them to come back to the stadium, which they of course did.

The thing about the bug is that it's been known for years and never got fixed or even banned from tournaments. Even at this tournament the admins decided it's legal. BIG was using it for weeks now, so it's not like other teams wouldn't have known about it. Beside all that, multiple players and teams have used this bug plenty of times in the past themselves, so there's not even a point for them to moan.

However, the bug itself wasn't even really used in the BIG vs C9 match. So I really don't understand why it escalated like that. BIG won the T-side 12:3 and there have only been 2 situations on both teams where the bug was used. 2nd half happend off stream, due to technical issues. BIG "lost" the CT-side 4:8. I don't know if and how often they used the jump bug, but losing the CT-side, where the jump does give you such an advantage, like that makes me believe that they probably didn't used it at all, or again just once or twice. Same thing about C9, no one knows how often they tried to use it on their T-side.

The saddest part is that BIGs reputation is now permanently damaged. Even without this bug they would've won against FaZe and C9, because they simply played better than FaZe and C9. The fact that they have to play against SK today doesn't help them at all. I don't think BIG has a chance to win against SK, no team really does at the moment. So if BIG lose everyone will feel confirmed that BIG can only win with bugs, which is plain nonsense.

Oh it was about the jump bug of BIG. I thought that was brilliant, it was used a couple of times, at least one time in banana on their T-side for sure. I loved their Inferno game against C9. Sadly I didn't watch their entire CT-side.

FaZe as is it sucks. rain is carrying that team so hard right now, karrigan can't strategize properly as he once did.

SK is so strong right now, they are a joy to watch, they try to bring something new to the table which is exciting. Hopefully BIG can cause an upset.

What a brilliant, exciting and crazy Bo3 Series BIG and Immortals gave us.
I really wish that would've been the final match up. Would've loved to see the banter and knifing continue for more maps :lol:

Hopefully BIG can cause an upset.
Yeeeeaaahhhh... That didn't happen.

SK is so strong right now, they are a joy to watch, they try to bring something new to the table which is exciting.
Lost 2-0 to Astralis, in the quarter-finals. Can't say I didn't expect more from SK but Astralis was too strong.

My Pick'Em crashed and burned when Fnatic, SK and BIG all lost their quarters.

Only VP can actually save my bronze Pick'Em now. But with all the upsets and incredible results in this Major, i'm not getting my hopes up.

What a brilliant, exciting and crazy Bo3 Series BIG and Immortals gave us.
I really wish that would've been the final match up. Would've loved to see the banter and knifing continue for more maps :lol:
That was some banter going on there...

The knife trade kills on Train was just amazing entertainment. :dopey:

That was some banter going on there...

The knife trade kills on Train was just amazing entertainment. :dopey:
It really was a great match overall. I'm just sad that BIG couldn't get their T-side going until Train. Sad to see them lose Train like that in the end :guilty:

If only people on Twitch and HLTV would finally grow up and start respecting other teams and players instead of just insulting everyone.
The CSGO community is just so toxic :indiff:

It really was a great match overall.
Indeed, all 3 maps was great to watch.

If only people on Twitch and HLTV would finally grow up and start respecting other teams and players instead of just insulting everyone. The CSGO community is just so toxic :indiff:
Will probably never happen.

It's the internet.

And it's not only the CS:GO community, but almost all the big communities are like that.

Indeed, all 3 maps was great to watch.

It's the internet.

And it's not only the CS:GO community, but almost all the big communities are like that.
Considering that I run at two large communities that is Racing Genre and FPS, I can say that. Its interesting to see that FPS guys will see your skill (SILVER NOOB) while Racing guys will see which franchise you on and bellitle for it. You cant argue with ignorance.

I bet for Astralis. But Faze got some sick players, albeit old at CS scene, but really pro.

Gambit vs Immortals in the grand final of the Major. :dunce:
Don't think too many would have even thought of that possibility.

Should be an open and interesting final though. 👍

Going to revive this thread because this is probably the biggest thing to happen to CSGO in a long long time

CSGO may finally be moving to the Source 2 engine

However the rumour mill had gathered extra steam at the end of February when Valve’s official CS:GO Twitter account changed its banner. Nothing too out of the ordinary. This was noticed in September and October of 2022 as well. Then on March 1st when Twitter accounts, including the popular @gabefollower, started to point out that NVIDIA drivers had introduced support for two new executables, “csgos2.exe” and “cs2.exe” tongues really started wagging.

Speaking under the condition of anonymity sources with a knowledge of the game’s development told us that indeed there was a new version of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on its way and that had been worked on for some time. The new version is almost certainly set to be released under the working title Counter-Strike 2 and the tentative release date for the beta is in this month of March with April 1st at the outside.

The sources explained that the creation of the game had been something of a priority for Valve’s team, which includes members that have overseen development of previous iterations in the Counter-Strike franchise. This, they said, should explain why some issues with CS:GO have been largely unattended to for some time. “The big priority is getting this out and then polishing it, fixing any bugs and bringing it up to the level people expect from CS.”

Specific details of the game included that it will, of course, be on the Source 2 engine, a move that should improve the optimisation and graphical fidelity of the game. That is likely to come at a cost of performance for players with low-end PCs, although Valve historically has always had a philosophy of empowering those with every-day gaming rigs to be able to play their games.

The big question for the community has been whether or not official servers would be 128 tick bringing it in line with rival title Valorant. The sources confirmed that this would be the case and that this feature would likely be ready at the launch of the beta.

The game is also set to include a much improved match-making system with features that it is hoped would make the need for third party pugging services unnecessary. Currently the community has had to suffer from uneven match-making and long times between rank ups. Most who want an experience more closely aligned with that of a competitive player are typically advised to sign-up for third party services such as FACEIT. These features will be an ongoing work in progress but the beta will launch with similar match-making features that are available in the current version of CS:GO.

The sources explained that the game was “about ready to go” and had said that it had even already been tested by an unnamed group of professional players that were flown out in secret to Valve’s headquarters in Seattle.

Counter Strike 2

1500x500

Summer 2023

THE NEXT ERA OF COUNTER-STRIKE BEGINS THIS SUMMER

Counter-Strike 2 is the largest technical leap forward in Counter-Strike’s history, ensuring new features and updates for years to come.

All of the game’s new features will be revealed when it officially launches this summer, but the road to Counter-Strike 2 begins today as a Limited Test for select CS:GO players. During this testing period, we’ll be evaluating a subset of features to shake out any issues before the worldwide release.

Counter-Strike 2 arrives this summer as a free upgrade to CS:GO. So build your loadout, hone your skills, and prepare yourself for what’s next!

Read on to learn more about some of the features of the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test.

How do I gain access to the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Players are selected based on a number of factors deemed important by the Counter-Strike 2 development team, including (but not limited to) recent playtime on Valve official servers, trust factor, and Steam account standing.

How do I know if I've been selected for the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?

If you are chosen to participate in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test you will receive a notification on the main menu of CS:GO.

If you receive an invitation select "ENROLL" and begin your download. When the download is complete launch CS:GO and select the "Limited Test" option to play the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test.

How often are players added to the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
More players will be added to the Limited Test over time. Keep checking your CS:GO main menu to see if you have received an invite.

Counter Strike 2 is officially here!

I got early access a few weeks ago and briefly played a few games. It seems nice lol, that that different from CSGO

I don't have much else to say about it since I've mostly been playing Valorant for the past few years

Back