Course Generator

  • Thread starter Thread starter GagivaMan
  • 7 comments
  • 907 views
Messages
12
United States
United States
Messages
Cagiva Man
Does the course generator function and how do I use it?
 
I have to say, if it's the same type of thing that it was in GT5, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. I never played GT5, and I'm sure that course creator allowed for the creation of some fun and interesting tracks. But let's be honest and call it what it really was. A random course generator. I can't even attest to how random it truly was, but that's not my point.

With GT6 I was under the impression, from day one of my purchase that a Course Creator would be added in a future update that truly allowed ME to design a course to my liking. Finally, after playing the game for about 3 months, I decided to look on YouTube to see how user created courses looked on GT5. That's when I discovered the truth - you have zero input in the layout of the courses created in GT5 besides choosing a few variables.

Finally, back in December I was led to believe that I could capture GPS data and import that into Gran Turismo 6 and it would create a race course based on that GPS data (in a future update). I will be shocked if this EVER appears in GT6. It is a very ambitious feature even for the PS4, let alone the limited PS3.
 
Emphasis on soon.

Might not be your typical idea of "soon" though.

Kaz did state we'd have much more freedom than we did in GT5 back months ago before release, but the proof is in the pudding I guess, all we can do is wait and see.
 
@Streeto Well, that's good to hear about having more freedom than GT5 provided. I certainly hope so based on what I saw on YouTube video of GT5 custom tracks. I never payed any attention to Gran Turismo in any shape or form until the day I purchased my copy of GT6, so I never knew what to expect, what was missing from the game, what wasn't done right, etc... That's probably a good thing. It's why I'm never really complaining about the game. I had zero expectations going into GT6 and my experiences have been quite positive since day one.
 
Bruh.
 
Emphasis on soon.

Might not be your typical idea of "soon" though.

Kaz did state we'd have much more freedom than we did in GT5 back months ago before release, but the proof is in the pudding I guess, all we can do is wait and see.

I think the Japanese language has more versions of the word "soon" that English just can't translate well. "Soon", at least how I understand the word, would have meant that the missing features (including the Course Creator) would have already arrived.

The first year mark for GT6 will be here in the coming months; and when that happens, "soon" has already been long past. So, maybe "soon" is just the closest English word for "will be here sometime in the foreseeable future before most people start showing something in the aging process".

At least that's one of my theories (guesses). :D
 
I think the Japanese language has more versions of the word "soon" that English just can't translate well. "Soon", at least how I understand the word, would have meant that the missing features (including the Course Creator) would have already arrived.

The first year mark for GT6 will be here in the coming months; and when that happens, "soon" has already been long past. So, maybe "soon" is just the closest English word for "will be here sometime in the foreseeable future before most people start showing something in the aging process".

At least that's one of my theories (guesses). :D

The Eskimos have 32 different words for snow - maybe PD has different types of soon. I thought the new track Zahara was coming soon as well and the proper sounds to replace the place holders currently in the game.
 
Back