Course maker drag tracks?

aGrenadeShark
aGrenadeShark
Anyone found a way to make a literal straight road with basically no turns/hills/bumps in it in the course maker?

I could really use the help. I need a straight line top speed test track or something as close as possible.

Le Sarthe, SSR7 have plenty of straight to get a car topped out and then some.

Return tunnel always seemed to net 1mph faster the. Any place else.

I have not seen anything close to straight and flat out of the course maker.

Le Sarthe, SSR7 have plenty of straight to get a car topped out and then some.

Return tunnel always seemed to net 1mph faster the. Any place else.

I have not seen anything close to straight and flat out of the course maker.

Well my problem is I need a starting line, then a straight. And the ability to restart quickly and get back to it.

Basically I restart the race 500 times and want to get back to the starting line quickly.

This is impossible and has been told at least a million times.

Having used the search function, there was only two threads talking about it. One saying there is, another saying there isn't.

The million times you speak of aren't listed in the search :(

Last edited:
I've made a long straight before but it was no where near the length of La Sarthe or SSR7.
It was about the same lenght as Fuji, maybe a little longer.
Online you can do a top speed test by using one of the glitches to get out of the track. TGTT glitch will probably be better as more cars can get through. Then just drive away from the track as fast as possible.

Well my problem is I need a starting line, then a straight. And the ability to restart quickly and get back to it.

Basically I restart the race 500 times and want to get back to the starting line quickly.

This cannot be done in Course Maker. The simplest I've ever seen is a very short oval someone made that was basically just two straights and a turn at either end. I can't seem to replicate his results for myself and it's a very, very short track with a total length of less than half a mile (full lap, not just the straight), as I recall. After that the most basic I've seen are triangles with rounded corners, which don't have particularly long straights and you still have to make a lap to get back around to the start/finish.

I would love a dirt oval. Oh how that could get interesting. I sorta got an oval. But it goes the wrong way and has sone hills. With no consistent corners. But it's still fun to dirt track around. I usually go backwards when alone.

Course maker tracks cant really make a good drag track unless you want to run the 1/8 mile or something really short. You'll always have atleast 2 corners, as there is no point to point option.

I would love a dirt oval. Oh how that could get interesting. I sorta got an oval. But it goes the wrong way and has sone hills. With no consistent corners. But it's still fun to dirt track around. I usually go backwards when alone.

Ive tried and tried to make a dirt oval, but I'm pretty sure its not really possible. all the dirt tracks are too long and any 2-4 turn track wont have any banking at all. The only time you'll get banking is on sharp turns (which you wont have any of when making an oval).

Eifel kart tracks make good small ovals, and alaska can also make ovals, sort of.

Back