Course Maker in GT6?

• Thread starter ffjjbb
  • 786 comments

When I put in F12013 I get qualifying, standing starts, great AI, all the stuff you'd want for racing, and I rarely qualify on pole because the AI is rather good. The problem is not the PS3, the problem is that rather than making a game that fit the hardware they made the game they wanted and tried to cram it onto hardware that couldn't accommodate it.

I didn't expect the game to be a Ferrari, but when many other games do a much better job of the actual game it's fair to expect the granddaddy of console games to get those things right. Sadly, the only thing they got right is the physics (arguably the best on any console, but not even close to being the best in the genre).

I did too, by not touching arcade mode any more.

GT6 had all kinds of content/features removed that was in the previous version. Shuffle racing, endurance racing, rally racing, trading cars, one-make races, the ability to adjust your map view, the ability to customize your horn, the ability to have a private lounge your friends could use even when you weren't online, etc. It's fair to expect these types of features to carry over from one version to the next, especially when these are arguably some of the most popular features.

Glad you can see it that way. Sadly, I can't. Pre-launch I was very excited about a lot of features that I still haven't got to experience, the features/content we did get were just rehashes of GT5/GT4/GT3 content but with a lot less of it. I played GT4 for YEARS and probably didn't complete half of it. Some people completed GT6 in a matter of days.

I understand that, but some people don't and that creates a problem when you're trying to create a game that people are still expected to be playing a year after launch.

That's neither here nor there. Having club features built into the game would have increased the number of clubs and thus increased the number of people playing for a longer period of time, that cannot be argued.

To my knowledge, PS4's will not support triple monitors and even if they do I'm not buying three of them. If I wish to continue to fully enjoy the hardware I've invested in my choice is obvious. And I didn't expect GT6 to be a leap, I expected it to be a more polished and refined version of GT5 and it is more like a lite version of GT6.

I won't argue that, and this is why I still play it. And FYI I don't use any aids, nice try though.

Rally racing, endurance racing, and shuffle racing are fluff? I guess by that definition all of the racing is fluff then, and by extension the whole game is fluff.

Consider yourself lucky. I have three different PS3's, two different models, two of them running digital copies, all of them kept clean and cool and all of them experience regular triple beep shut downs, and I'm not the only one (not by far).

It would have been so easy for them to double my enjoyment though.

If I was that bitter I wouldn't still be playing it several times a week. But by "playing" it I mean opening a lounge and testing cars for my club or driving around with a few friends. Outside of that the game offers little for me to enjoy. Excluding the Sierra mini-games I haven't touched any part of the single player game for probably six months or more, and probably never will again. If the racing was engaging and challenging and more than a few laps, I would, but it isn't. And GT7 will be fully ignored by me because I will not be purchasing a PS4. Even if GT6 had been a game I was able to enjoy more it still would have been my last go with the franchise because the PS3 is probably the last console I'll ever own. It's just sad to have it end on a sour note as we enjoy our last months together. Had PD just made a game that fit the hardware things would have been much better, but they set their goals too high and the game suffered greatly, as did some of their fans.

This has been a nice discussion but we're way too far off topic so this will be my final contribution. Enjoy the game. :cheers:
I won't read all of these sentences because it's boring, but I'll say this:
You won't win anything by complaining for facts mentioned 1000 times. Respect what you have at the moment and everything will come when it comes...

If you're saying we should be patient, we will get everything we want eventually, that is wonderful to believe... But for those of us that want more racing in our racing game, it depends on if GT is going to return its focus to racing or continue the shift toward casual racers who want more of a really great handling car show than a really good racing sim.

Back