Course Maker in GT6?

• Thread starter ffjjbb
  • 786 comments
GT6 Spec 2.0 is coming and it will include all the promised features from the GT website.

Kaz's hints at a major update are such a deja vu, the same thing happened with GT5, and then we got Spec 2.0.

I may be wrong, but it's very likely that I'm right at this point.

Even if they do, what's the point? I'm sure at least half the people who bought this game have already shelved it or sold it. And probably half the ones that still play it are so bored with it that even a course-maker isn't going to add much to the game. Waiting 3-4 months for exciting, promised content is acceptable for most people, but it's been nearly a year since release and I'd guess after six months a lot of people lost their patience/hope. I know I have.

GT6 Spec 2.0 is coming and it will include all the promised features from the GT website.

Kaz's hints at a major update are such a deja vu, the same thing happened with GT5, and then we got Spec 2.0.

Is this just speculation, or is it a report?

Link / Source?

Is it 2.0 for the estimated years between launch and final delivery?

Even if they do, what's the point? I'm sure at least half the people who bought this game have already shelved it or sold it. And probably half the ones that still play it are so bored with it that even a course-maker isn't going to add much to the game. Waiting 3-4 months for exciting, promised content is acceptable for most people, but it's been nearly a year since release and I'd guess after six months a lot of people lost their patience/hope. I know I have.

When PoDi don't keep their promises, that's no good
When PoDi keep their promises, that's no good either.

Kaz promised about a year of update. So everything is ok.

Last edited:
Do you know when this update will come out ? :)

October, November, December or before the end of the year?
I trust @Shirrako. I think we will get the Spec 2.0 sometime in November. GT5 had reached the v1.13 before the Spec 2.0 got released one month before its first anniversary.

Cubic km? Don't you mean km^2? ;)

Last time i read about it, the info said 20x20km. That's 400km^2...and that's large, isn't it?
Haha, sorry for the nine-month-late reply, but I just noticed that. Not sure what i was thinking

But if the course maker is really a cube, maybe that will allow us to create tracks like this. :P
Speed-Racer-11.png

it appears that what @CTznOfTime is talking about in post #394 may be heading our way..

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/
icon_course-maker.png

Course Maker
This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.
icon_gps.png

GPS Visualiser

In a future update, we will add the GPS Visualiser. This is a feature that allows you to import Controller Area Network (CAN), used to regulate automobile systems, and GPS coordinate data from a real life car into Gran Turismo 6, and visualise the data as a replay in the game. The feature is planned to be compatible with the Toyota Motor Corporation’s CAN-Gateway ECU.

also, it looks like we may have the ability to do some SERIOUS Autocrossing in GT6. This stadium normally has a full track with a different surface (grass?) infield. They mention being able to remove barriers and place cones. Now look..

i18U9nFxPsJPe8E.jpg

I am excite!

Gosh dangit I feel like such a dupe...

:indiff:

I see it the exact opposite. Continuously giving me additional content has kept me more interested in the game than I would of been if everything was included at release, I'm always curious whats new every update. If everything was included at release this summer would of had no new content, at this point, nothing would be new. I also appreciate the game improvements so long after release that other titles don't get. If CM it would have been included at release it would of been no good (probably just like GT5) and it wouldn't be the thing keeping people playing at this point. If I have to wait so that when I do get CM it actually is a good feature worth using, so be it, and if some people cant wait it sucks to be them. You either like Gran Turismo 6 or you don't, it is what it is, spending a year or more complaining about how disappointed this or that has made you because your such huge GT fans of past titles is wasting a lot of time and effort. Im not saying dont voice your opinions or frustrations, by all means do. I'm saying repeating yourselves over and over for close to a year is not much about voicing disappointment in a game, some people just like to complain.

Last edited:
I see it the exact opposite. Continuously giving me additional content has kept me more interested in the game than I would of been if everything was included at release, I'm always curious whats new every update. If everything was included at release this summer would of had no new content, at this point, nothing would be new. I also appreciate the game improvements so long after release that other titles don't get. If CM it would have been included at release it would of been no good (probably just like GT5) and it wouldn't be the thing keeping people playing at this point. If I have to wait so that when I do get CM it actually is a good feature worth using, so be it, and if some people cant wait it sucks to be them. You either like Gran Turismo 6 or you don't, it is what it is, spending a year or more complaining about how disappointed this or that has made you because your such huge GT fans of past titles is wasting a lot of time and effort. Im not saying dont voice your opinions or frustrations, by all means do. I'm saying repeating yourselves over and over for close to a year is not much about voicing disappointment in a game, some people just like to complain.

I agree with you, but that is a minority opinion. The people of GTP represent a small portion of the people who have played the game and I'd guess a majority of casual gamers (the ones PD have watered the game down for) will play for a few months and then be done with it. They're not checking GTP every week to see what updates are coming or what new features have been added, they've already moved on to the next game or even sold their PS3 to get a PS4. Had they released the supposed community features within the first few months then clubs could have started forming which would have kept people playing, then release the course maker around the 6 month point and that would have kept people playing for a few more months and given new life to the clubs. Then around the one year mark release Spec 2.0 which kicks off all the hype again and keeps people playing for another 6 months. Instead, they got our hopes up for all kinds of exciting things and then pretty much left us to wait in the dark.

The diehards are still playing and patiently waiting for the game to finally be close to what we were expecting but we are the minority. And in the meantime the casuals (who probably make up at least 50% of the players) will have moved on and probably sworn off the series for good due to what's perceived as broken promises. To release the community features and much coveted course maker after a large portion of the players have given up on the game is not a brilliant strategy and at the same time take away some of the best features GT5 offered has even turned off people who used to defend/support the game (like me).

The people of GTP represent a small portion of the people who have played the game

That is very very true

and I'd guess a majority of casual gamers (the ones PD have watered the game down for) will play for a few months and then be done with it.

That is true, but I believe that releasing additional content in updates gives them reason to keep playing as there is constantly new content. The Senna pack was epic, and so was the Sierra update, I expect the CM to be good (probably Spec 2.0, but who knows)

They're not checking GTP every week to see what updates are coming or what new features have been added, they've already moved on to the next game or even sold their PS3 to get a PS4.

They don't have to, they can be on other forums getting info or GT official web site, the way PD has given content in most (not all) updates gives them the incentive to simply fire up GT6 without checking any internet info,and getting the update pop up when they run the game knowing there is a possibility will get new content pop ups at game start up.

Had they released the supposed community features within the first few months then clubs could have started forming which would have kept people playing, then release the course maker around the 6 month point and that would have kept people playing for a few more months and given new life to the clubs

This I doubt very much. Nothing that wasn't included has prevented any clubs forming, and nothing missing would of been anything that would of made club racing any better, I very much believe any clubs that would of formed, have formed, missing content having no real impact.

I would suspect CM could be a part of Spec 2.0 and I would expect Spec 2.0 around the 1 year mark.

The diehards are still playing and patiently waiting for the game to finally be close to what we were expecting but we are the minority.

That we are, many are waiting, not as many patiently

And in the meantime the casuals (who probably make up at least 50% of the players) will have moved on and probably sworn off the series for good due to what's perceived as broken promises.

This I disagree with, it seems they have gone nowhere, they have stuck around to make sure no topic goes without there disappointment being heard.

To release the community features and much coveted course maker after a large portion of the players have given up on the game is not a brilliant strategy and at the same time take away some of the best features GT5 offered has even turned off people who used to defend/support the game (like me).

CM in GT5 was a waist of space on my PS3 in GT5, they could of completely removed it and I wouldn't of even noticed. I didn't see the huge body of Members so into CM in GT5, had it been put out at release it would of been nothing keeping people playing.

I think the slow addition of content works for true fans & people enjoying the title, and if it takes a bit longer to make CM a feature worth using doing so is Brilliant. Releasing CM in a GT5 state of garbage or unfinished is not a brilliant strategy.

That is true, but I believe that releasing additional content in updates gives them reason to keep playing as there is constantly new content. The Senna pack was epic, and so was the Sierra update, I expect the CM to be good (probably Spec 2.0, but who knows)

This I disagree with. The Senna pack was anything but epic, a few hot laps on slightly modified tracks we already had. It was good for about 20 minutes of boring play and then never to be touched again. Pretty much the same with Sierra, about 30 minutes worth of play and then absolutely no reason to ever touch it again.

They don't have to, they can be on other forums getting info or GT official web site, the way PD has given content in most (not all) updates gives them the incentive to simply fire up GT6 without checking any internet info,and getting the update pop up when they run the game knowing there is a possibility will get new content pop ups at game start up.

I think you misunderstood. The Casuals I was referring to are people who just play the game and don't regularly visit forums. I have two friends that still play GT5 occasionally, they've never once visited any GT or gaming related forum, nor do they have any desire to. Those kind of players will be completely in the dark about possible future improvements to the game and after playing through all the content in a week they won't see any reason to ever put it in their console again, especially if they were expecting something that resembles racing and not just rabbit chasing.

This I doubt very much. Nothing that wasn't included has prevented any clubs forming, and nothing missing would of been anything that would of made club racing any better, I very much believe any clubs that would of formed, have formed, missing content having no real impact.

Again, you misunderstand. The only clubs that have formed are through sites like GTP and the Casuals I was referring to never, or very rarely, visit any site like this. The Community features that were supposed to be in the game last January would have been built into the game and not required third party websites with DIY clubs. If the feature is built in to the game then many, many more clubs would have been formed and many people would have had many reasons to play more regularly.

This I disagree with, it seems they have gone nowhere, they have stuck around to make sure no topic goes without there disappointment being heard.

Again, you're only referring to people on a gaming forum. Not all players visit gaming forums and those are the very ones who would have likely given up on this game some time ago.

CM in GT5 was a waist of space on my PS3 in GT5, they could of completely removed it and I wouldn't of even noticed. I didn't see the huge body of Members so into CM in GT5, had it been put out at release it would of been nothing keeping people playing.

I think the slow addition of content works for true fans & people enjoying the title, and if it takes a bit longer to make CM a feature worth using doing so is Brilliant. Releasing CM in a GT5 state of garbage or unfinished is not a brilliant strategy.

I was not referring to the course maker in GT5 (but I actually enjoyed it and spent many, many hours creating tracks), I was referring to things like tire/fuel wear in arcade mode (which made it much more enjoyable), rally racing, shuffle racing, one-make races with any car in the game, endurance races, car trading, these were the best things in GT5 and they've all been taken away with no explanation or mention of them returning.

Slow addition of content may work for true fans, but true fans make up a small percentage of the people playing. Casual players, the ones who play any and every kind of game for a month or two and then move onto the next new game, do not have the patience or desire for a drip-feed of content and it makes no sense to water the game down for these casuals and then take a content strategy that ensures most of them will never see the best parts of the game.

I'm not trying to bash you, through the life of GT5 I took the same position you're taking. But GT6 is such a disappointment that I can no longer hold that attitude toward the game or the franchise. Certain parts of GT6 are better, but a lot of parts are worse (or gone) and there is absolutely no reason for me to touch any part of the single player portion of the game. The only reason I still play it and organize races through here is because I can't quite afford a proper gaming PC, but the state of GT6 is basically forcing me to start finding ways to acquire a PC so I can enjoy some proper online racing.

This I disagree with. The Senna pack was anything but epic, a few hot laps on slightly modified tracks we already had. It was good for about 20 minutes of boring play and then never to be touched again. Pretty much the same with Sierra, about 30 minutes worth of play and then absolutely no reason to ever touch it again.

This isn't everybody though. You don't find much "replay value" in this stuff do you?

Sometime around the GT6 1 year anniversary, similar to GT5's Spec 2.0 update.

We'll see.

Thank you for your reply :)

---

@Gojira : I love you!

I love how PoDi works. I wish a tighter schedule but on the other hand, GT7 will come faster because we are still playing GT6.

About update, really, I haven't been disappointed with TS030, Red Bull Ring, Senna, Sierra - :drool: - and others !
On the remaining three features - B-SPEC mode, Course Maker, Community - I am confident about the quality ! 👍

Last edited:
I might be repeating myself here, but I am expecting that the idea is you literally have to travel to the correct real world PD designated location in order to make your GPS track. This would be similar to other niche features like recording your real drives around certain limited circuits in certain limited cars with certain limited accessories... but a lot less niche than those as you'd just have to live in the right area instead.

At the launch event they showed that the Course Maker will use terrain from selected real world areas, the one they revealed being Andalucia, which includes or runs alongside Ronda. They've said that they'll release the course maker first without the GPS feature, which can only mean making courses in Andalucia and any other specially prepared areas.

According to the website, the GPS feature will be patched in later, to me this doesn't scream a brand new feature that lets you make a course anywhere, but rather an additional tool for what they already will have already given us.

This isn't everybody though. You don't find much "replay value" in this stuff do you?

In the Senna and Sierra content? I see zero replay value in either of them, especially the Senna stuff. I have this game because I want to race other cars, not drive around an empty track or swerve around rolling chicanes. Neither of them were even hard, I got gold on my first try on most of the events and none of them took more than two tries. If they had provided actual one-make races then yes, I'd go back and race against F3 and F1 cars quite a bit as that's something I'd actually enjoy (even if they're just fancy rabbits). But alas, all we got was empty tracks and a stop watch.

Obviously some people enjoy doing this kind of thing over and over to see if they can shave a tenth or two off their best time, but that has zero appeal to me. Just my opinion though and nobody else has to agree with my opinion (though it's obvious around here that many do).

I had a feeling you might misinterpret what I meant. I didn't necessarily mean the events specifically but the content in general, which appeared to me was something you didn't care for when you finished the events. That's why I put replay value in quotations.

I disagree, I like the Senna cars & gear, & as a Die Hard fan a F1 car + F3 car in GT6 to me is as epic as its going to get. Sierra brings something to GT I've always wanted, a highway to cruise on, I don't hit it like the Nurb for hot laps, but I sure do enjoy cruising it & believe it will be a GT cruising hot spot for many titles. Hopefully with more additions like it in future titles.

In the Senna and Sierra content? I see zero replay value in either of them, especially the Senna stuff. I have this game because I want to race other cars, not drive around an empty track or swerve around rolling chicanes. Neither of them were even hard, I got gold on my first try on most of the events and none of them took more than two tries. If they had provided actual one-make races then yes, I'd go back and race against F3 and F1 cars quite a bit as that's something I'd actually enjoy

The Senna cars gives you 2 historic cars to one make race with, just set up some one make online races or run them in Arcade mode. Im not sure about the F3, but the 97T is all one make racing n Arcade lol and nothing stopping you from setting up a 97T race with all your GT6 friends...

I think you misunderstood. The Casuals I was referring to are people who just play the game and don't regularly visit forums. I have two friends that still play GT5 occasionally, they've never once visited any GT or gaming related forum, nor do they have any desire to. Those kind of players will be completely in the dark about possible future improvements to the game and after playing through all the content in a week they won't see any reason to ever put it in their console again, especially if they were expecting something that resembles racing and not just rabbit chasing.

CM & any "missing" content wouldn't of changed anything for the casuals, it wont be some revolutionary feature turning the casuals into die hards. Also the casuals like your friends who still play GT5 on the occasions the GT6 equivalents who play GT6, chances are on the occasions they fire up GT6 they have to update at game start and then surprised with new content, at that moment they may explore the new content, and thus they are enjoying the new content far after release, when if it was in at release it would be just another thing about the game they already lost interest in, nothing new to check out.

Again, you misunderstand. The only clubs that have formed are through sites like GTP and the Casuals I was referring to never, or very rarely, visit any site like this. The Community features that were supposed to be in the game last January would have been built into the game and not required third party websites with DIY clubs. If the feature is built in to the game then many, many more clubs would have been formed and many people would have had many reasons to play more regularly.

I doubt that. I believe any clubs that would have formed, have formed through third party sites.. IMO the third party element strengthens the clubs that form through them. I don't believe the "missing" community features has had any impact on club racing, or would of generated any more than there already is.

I was not referring to the course maker in GT5 (but I actually enjoyed it and spent many, many hours creating tracks), I was referring to things like tire/fuel wear in arcade mode (which made it much more enjoyable), rally racing, shuffle racing, one-make races with any car in the game, endurance races, car trading, these were the best things in GT5 and they've all been taken away with no explanation or mention of them returning.

Much of that is just GT, love it or hate it it is what it is. Id love a bunch of features or little things easy to add in that would make it better for me & I gripe when things I like for no reason to me get removed, I just get over it, GT has always been like that. The "best" things in GT5 depend on who you ask. None of the things you mentioned had any importance to me, and maybe why I don't care that any of them got removed. I guess I'm more of a target market for Kaz then you, he takes out the stuff you like BUT he and I don't.

Slow addition of content may work for true fans, but true fans make up a small percentage of the people playing. Casual players, the ones who play any and every kind of game for a month or two and then move onto the next new game, do not have the patience or desire for a drip-feed of content and it makes no sense to water the game down for these casuals and then take a content strategy that ensures most of them will never see the best parts of the game.

True fans like me have brought the title through 15 years, maybe hes just making stuff for us in this one before GT7 gives him a better venue to try and please more

I'm not trying to bash you, through the life of GT5 I took the same position you're taking. But GT6 is such a disappointment that I can no longer hold that attitude toward the game or the franchise. Certain parts of GT6 are better, but a lot of parts are worse (or gone) and there is absolutely no reason for me to touch any part of the single player portion of the game. The only reason I still play it and organize races through here is because I can't quite afford a proper gaming PC, but the state of GT6 is basically forcing me to start finding ways to acquire a PC so I can enjoy some proper online racing.

GT5 was the disappointment for me, and GT6 makes up for it. The one thing that brought me to GT1, and kept me into GT for all these years was missing from GT5 replaced with fluff, only to return in GT6 and much of the fluff of GT5 is missing. Given I do miss some of those missing features, like Performance Testing and stuff, but I think it might still get included, if not, oh well, I got better things to do then cry about features in that at the end of the day is just a video game

Last edited:
I disagree, I like the Senna cars & gear, & as a Die Hard fan a F1 car + F3 car in GT6 to me is as epic as its going to get. Sierra brings something to GT I've always wanted, a highway to cruise on, I don't hit it like the Nurb for hot laps, but I sure do enjoy cruising it & believe it will be a GT cruising hot spot for many titles. Hopefully with more additions like it in future titles.

The Senna cars gives you 2 historic cars to one make race with, just set up some one make online races or run them in Arcade mode. Im not sure about the F3, but the 97T is all one make racing n Arcade lol and nothing stopping you from setting up a 97T race with all your GT6 friends...

Could be, but seeing as arcade mode doesn't have qualifying or tire wear or fuel wear or damage, what's the point? Just chasing pretty rabbits, no thanks. Sierra is fine for cruising, something the game really needed, but the mini-game content was only good for a half hour of "fun" and the stupid jumps are.....stupid.

CM & any "missing" content wouldn't of changed anything for the casuals, it wont be some revolutionary feature turning the casuals into die hards. Also the casuals like your friends who still play GT5 on the occasions the GT6 equivalents who play GT6, chances are on the occasions they fire up GT6 they have to update at game start and then surprised with new content, at that moment they may explore the new content, and thus they are enjoying the new content far after release, when if it was in at release it would be just another thing about the game they already lost interest in, nothing new to check out.

Actually, one of my friends sold GT5 when he turned it on after 4-5 months and had a mass of updates to download. He said F this and got rid of it. Another one hasn't bothered with it for quite a while because he knows there's hours of downloading waiting for him. Because of this, neither of them have bought GT6 and I don't get to race with them anymore. And any new content people may find is only good for a maybe a half hour of exploring and then it's usually useless.

I doubt that. I believe any clubs that would have formed, have formed through third party sites.. IMO the third party element strengthens the clubs that form through them. I don't believe the "missing" community features has had any impact on club racing, or would of generated any more than there already is.

Thinking a system that requires people to visit a third party site and create their own clubs is more effective than having these features built right into the game is naive. A lot of people wouldn't even think to seek out a third party site for this type of thing, but if it was right in their face on the main menu then they certainly would check it out and get hooked and have all kinds of reason to play for a long time.

Much of that is just GT, love it or hate it it is what it is. Id love a bunch of features or little things easy to add in that would make it better for me & I gripe when things I like for no reason to me get removed, I just get over it, GT has always been like that. The "best" things in GT5 depend on who you ask. None of the things you mentioned had any importance to me, and maybe why I don't care that any of them got removed. I guess I'm more of a target market for Kaz then you, he takes out the stuff you like BUT he and I don't.

So you guys don't like racing? Because they took out the best racing that was available and now we have very poor racing with very limited options and all of the races are 24 minutes or shorter (MUCH shorter)

True fans like me have brought the title through 15 years, maybe hes just making stuff for us in this one before GT7 gives him a better venue to try and please more

I've owned every version of GT, but I won't own any more. Enjoy chasing the same rabbits in GT7. 👍

GT5 was the disappointment for me, and GT6 makes up for it. The one thing that brought me to GT1, and kept me into GT for all these years was missing from GT5 replaced with fluff, only to return in GT6 and much of the fluff of GT5 is missing. Given I do miss some of those missing features, like Performance Testing and stuff, but I think it might still get included, if not, oh well.

What on earth does GT6 have that GT5 didn't? Coffee breaks? :rolleyes:

I'm done, enjoy your weekend. :cheers:

Could be, but seeing as arcade mode doesn't have qualifying or tire wear or fuel wear or damage, what's the point? Just chasing pretty rabbits, no thanks. Sierra is fine for cruising, something the game really needed, but the mini-game content was only good for a half hour of "fun" and the stupid jumps are.....stupid.

Its all just chasing rabbits in virtual land of pixels and megabits, not much point to any of it. You ether enjoy what the game has to offer or move on to something else. Id like offline tire wear and fuel consumption as much as anybody. I got over it though ;) GT is what it is.

Actually, one of my friends sold GT5 when he turned it on after 4-5 months and had a mass of updates to download. He said F this and got rid of it. Another one hasn't bothered with it for quite a while because he knows there's hours of downloading waiting for him. Because of this, neither of them have bought GT6 and I don't get to race with them anymore. And any new content they find is only good for a maybe a half hour of exploring and then it's usually useless.

Well thats GT5 that did not bring any real new content through updates it used paid DLC, GT6 has a different approach and if even still your friend would get turned off having new stuff to download, there is nothing forcing him to download it, THAT being the reason for selling the title is bullshlaca

Thinking a system that requires people to visit a third party site and create their own clubs is more effective than having these features built right into the game is naive. A lot of people wouldn't even think to seek out a third party site for this type of thing, but if it was right in their face on the main menu then they certainly would check it out and get hooked and have all kinds of reason to play for a long time.

Its naive to think the missing features would of generated any more club racing at all.

Would you consider playstation official forums third party? Nothings stopping people making clubs over there. I think Third party sites like this have a better club racing following IMO but its really neither here nor there, I dont think the missing features would of had any impact at all on club racing.

So you guys don't like racing? Because they took out the best racing that was available and now we have very poor racing with very limited options and all of the races are 24 minute or shorter (MUCH shorter)

I play racing games for Video Game Racing, GT to me has never really been a "racing" game.

Not sure what "best racing that was available" your talking about. Hope its not the Enduro's

I've owned every version of GT, but I won't own any more. Enjoy chasing the same rabbits in GT7. 👍

No problem lol

What on earth does GT6 have that GT5 didn't? Coffee breaks? :rolleyes:

Physics better than GT5P, Body Roll, the choice of standard or racing brakes, an improvement in physics from previous titles as all previous titles (except Gt5) has had. :rolleyes: Car trading, and all the other stuff of GT5 missing from GT6 is pretty much fluff. GT6 has the Progression in Physics at the limit of the PS3 systems capabilities. GT5 could of had a million cars, every track on planet earth, trading, shuffle, tire wear and fuel consumption in Arcade/Offline, wouldn't of made a difference as every car in the game drove like a bad mix of GT5P & GT4 Physics. GT5 is the first time the previous title (GT5P) has had better physics than the current title (at the time GT5) GT6 is that step ahead of GT5P, its a leap on the limit of the PS3s ability.

Last edited:
Its all just chasing rabbits in virtual land of pixels and megabits, not much point to any of it. You ether enjoy what the game has to offer or move on to something else. Id like offline tire wear and fuel consumption as much as anybody. I got over it though ;) GT is what it is.

When I say "chasing rabbits" I mean the formula of putting you dead last on the grid with all the other cars spread way out in front of you and give you X laps to catch up and force your way past them. That's a terrible formula for "racing" and not the least bit enjoyable for some of us, and it also teaches many bad habits. If there was anything else for me to move onto, I would. But until I can afford a PC I'm stuck here. "GT is what it is" doesn't hold much water when the previous iteration feature tire and fuel wear offline.

[/quote]Well thats GT5 that did not bring any real new content through updates it used paid DLC, GT6 has a different approach and if even still your friend would get turned off having new stuff to download, there is nothing forcing him to download it, THAT being the reason for selling the title is bullshlaca[/quote]

GT5 had most of the content at release, it didn't remove content and then drip-feed it back to us over many months. The paid DLC was completely fresh content, not old content from the previous version. GT6's approach is like a car dealership selling a new, awesome car, but at first you only get the chassis, engine and wheels. Eventually you'll get some seats and a steering wheel, some time later you'll get a bonnet and boot lid, after year you'll get a windshield, and maybe another 6 months after that you'll get doors and seatbelts. Once it's all together it's awesome, but by the time you get to that point you will have suffered a miserable experience with bugs and rain in your face and possibly got killed to death because there were no doors or seatbelts to hold you in during those spirited drives (which is the reason you bought it in the first place).

I don't think my friend is wise for not wanting to bother with downloading the new content, but I guarantee there are many people out there who flip the PS3 on wanting to play and when they see they won't be able to play until after an hour of downloads they just turn it off and go play something else. People aren't always smart and get their panties in a bunch for no good reason, but this can negatively effect the number of people playing.

Its naive to think the missing features would of generated any more club racing at all.

Would you consider playstation official forums third party? Nothings stopping people making clubs over there. I think Third party sites like this have a better club racing following IMO but its really neither here nor there, I dont think the missing features would of had any impact at all on club racing.

I did not say the missing content would generate clubs, I said the missing Community features would generate clubs because that's exactly what they were designed to do. It was planned to basically be a GTP type area built right into the game, and when it's right there in the game a whole helluva lot more people are going to use it and join clubs. Whether those clubs would be better or worse than GTP clubs is neither here nor there, the point is that being part of a club opens a whole new world that keeps people coming back. I did say that the CM would help clubs because they would get to build their own tracks and share members tracks, these are things that would keep people playing the game. And yes, any forum that's not built directly into the game you view on your PS3 is third-party, or outside of the game. Example, I take a lot of pics with my phone and do some editing. I have Photoshop and it can do all kinds of wondrous things, but I end up doing most of my photo editing with apps on my phone. Why? Because it's right there, I can directly access the photos from my camera roll and don't have to offload them onto my computer and then open them in another program on a different device. Because of this I do WAY more photo (and video) editing than I would if I had to hassle with getting the content off my phone and onto my computer. In that vein, if the community/forum features were built right into the game I'd bet money that a LOT more people would use them. With a lot more people in clubs, a lot more people would be playing the game for a longer time.

I play racing games for Video Game Racing, GT to me has never really been a "racing" game.

Not sure what "best racing that was available" your talking about. Hope its not the Enduro's

I don't consider it a racing game either because there isn't much that resembles racing. But damn is it frustrating to have all these GT3 and SuperGT and Le Mans cars/tracks at our disposal and not be able to have a proper GT3 or SuperGT or Le Mans race with them unless we gather up some people and go online. And even then, it's a chore.

I liked the races that were more than 5 laps, but not the 12 or 24 hour races. I hate the 5-10 minute races that we get in GT6. For the last year of GT5 I did a whole lot of the rally racing and enjoyed it more than any other part of GT5. My next favorite was doing one-make races in arcade mode (with tire/fuel wear). I also really enjoyed the AMG Academy where you could do sections of the Ring, and then full laps with traffic. Sadly, all of that has been removed and now we just get the bite-sized racing where we have to force our way from last to first, with no tire/fuel wear.

Physics better than GT5P, Body Roll, an improvement in physics from previous titles as all previous titles has had. :rolleyes: Car trading, and all the other stuff of GT5 missing from GT6 is pretty much fluff. GT6 has the Progression in Physics at the limit of the PS3 systems capabilities. GT5 could of had a million cars, every track on planet earth, trading, shuffle, tire wear and fuel consumption in Arcade/Offline, wouldn't of made a difference as every car in the game drove like a bad mix of GT5P & GT4 Physics. GT5 is the first time the previous title (GT5P) has had better physics than the current title (at the time GT5) GT6 is that step ahead of GT5P, its a leap on the limit of the PS3s ability.

Yes, the physics are better, but that doesn't matter much when most of the ways to enjoy the physics are gone. And the GT6 physics still aren't all that good, really. I can still abuse the brakes and curbs in a very arcadey fashion. Car trading was fluff but it was very useful, especially for those of us who run leagues and like to give away prize cars. Shuffle racing wasn't fluff, rally racing wasn't fluff, endurance racing wasn't fluff, one-make racing wasn't fluff. And while GT6 may be on the limit of the PS3's ability, that's also what cause the triple-beep shutdown, something I never experienced on any game before GT6 and now it happens several times a month. So I wouldn't exactly call that an improvement.

Again, I'm not bashing your opinion or telling you you're wrong. If you enjoy this "game", great and more power to you. I've tried to enjoy it but the only way I can is by creating my own racing with my friends, which I still do at least twice a week. I'm just trying to explain why some of us are very bitter and jaded by the direction things have gone over the last year and the state GT6 is in. Having been a fan since the early days and played it religiously, almost daily, since the release of GT5, it's very sad and disappointing that it's come to this but by now I've given up hope and lost all faith in the franchise. I'll continue to play it until I can afford a PC, but it could very easily be so much better than it is and that's frustrating.

Releasing additional content is great, but we have no idea when or if anything is coming because PD does not believe in communication. Additionally, the promised "shortly after release" features have been so delayed, it creates uncertainty as to whether we will ever see them in GT6 at all. As we close in on 1 year since GT6's release - by all estimates well past "shortly after release" - this does little to help PD's reputation or consumer confidence going forward.

Also, I'm not sure I would call the Senna pack epic - it's basically glorified time trials with some info thrown in that could otherwise be found on Wikipedia and Google. Wouldn't it be cool if there were actual races to do so we could really follow in his footsteps? Of course, that would require better AI which is not possible because of PD's limited understanding of the PS3 (I mean the PS3's limited capabilities? ) - although the Red Bull races aren't all that bad so it would have been possible had PD made base versions of Senna's cars for the rest of the field. Instead, the Senna pack lives up to GT's tag line: the real driving simulator (or is it the real time trial simulator?).

I suppose the VGTs do count as regular content for those that enjoy driving fantasy cars in the real driving simulator, but for me they are just one and done rides to get time trial rewards and then sit in my garage collecting dust if not immediately sold. To me, the real content is the promised features we are still waiting for, and that has been sluggish at best to be realized.

Nothing that wasn't included has prevented any clubs forming, and nothing missing would of been anything that would of made club racing any better, I very much believe any clubs that would of formed, have formed, missing content having no real impact.

How do you know this? Has it been stated exactly what the community features are/will be? I'm asking genuinely as I am not aware of that info having been released.

I would suspect CM could be a part of Spec 2.0 and I would expect Spec 2.0 around the 1 year mark.

Sounds reasonable now that "shortly after release" has gone out the window.

That we are, many are waiting, not as many patiently

Everyone has a breaking point, and it's hard to remain patient when promises are so routinely broken without a care or the slightest explanation.

CM was a bit disappointing in GT5, but there were those who loved it. I enjoyed playing with it from time to time, and seeing what others could come up with. I think the main issue is that PD hyped up all these features leading up to GT6's release, and then only at the last minute mentioned that a host of them would not be ready - and now we are nearly a year in and are still waiting.

I think people are growing tired of waiting. I know I am. The biggest disappointment I find with GT6 is that there is so much content (cars and tracks) and no way to use it (lack of features/options - even some from GT5 have gone missing, bad AI, etc.).

When I say "chasing rabbits" I mean the formula of putting you dead last on the grid with all the other cars spread way out in front of you and give you X laps to catch up and force your way past them. That's a terrible formula for "racing" and not the least bit enjoyable for some of us, and it also teaches many bad habits.

Thats been GT and GT is only as good as the PS3 will let it be, PS4 opens the door to better Ai and more "racing" options, if you bail because of a PS3 titles short comings that's a shame. I do prefer it to Qualifying Pole position every race, and only seeing the Ai on the starting grid or when I lap them if RB doesnt keep hem close as if no other game uses RB.

If there was anything else for me to move onto, I would. But until I can afford a PC I'm stuck here.

Complaining about the product you can afford not being the product you want is lame. Its like a Ferrari fanboy who drives a Civic bitching at people on Civic boards enjoying their car because a Civic is no Ferrari.

"GT is what it is" doesn't hold much water when the previous iteration feature tire and fuel wear offline.

Its just the way it is, I would like tire wear and fuel consumption too. I got over it though.

GT5 had most of the content at release, it didn't remove content and then drip-feed it back to us over many months.

GT6 didnt have any content removed, there was a nonfunctional icon for a feature that was never active in the game removed. They have been adding new content that was not ready at release and not in the game at release, not the same thing at all.

Note on the side where it says the feature will be added in a future update, whats to say thats not coming in Spec 2.0, sooner, or after? It may never come, but as it is it still might, and never gave a date when it would be.

Thats not content that was removed lol

The only "New" content in GT5 really came through paid DLC.

The paid DLC was completely fresh content, not old content from the previous version.

GT6 New content is all completely fresh content, not old content from the previous version. F1, F3 and Sierra are still great examples.

GT6's approach is like a car dealership selling a new, awesome car, but at first you only get the chassis, engine and wheels. Eventually you'll get some seats and a steering wheel, some time later you'll get a bonnet and boot lid, after year you'll get a windshield, and maybe another 6 months after that you'll get doors and seatbelts. Once it's all together it's awesome, but by the time you get to that point you will have suffered a miserable experience with bugs and rain in your face and possibly got killed to death because there were no doors or seatbelts to hold you in during those spirited drives (which is the reason you bought it in the first place).

I don't see it that way, I got a full car, many in fact, and more to come.

I don't think my friend is wise for not wanting to bother with downloading the new content, but I guarantee there are many people out there who flip the PS3 on wanting to play and when they see they won't be able to play until after an hour of downloads they just turn it off and go play something else. People aren't always smart and get their panties in a bunch for no good reason, but this can negatively effect the number of people playing.

They dont have to wait 2 minutes, skip the update, problem solved. If they want to explore online features thats just the nature of the beast, you need to be on current firmware to access online features.

I did not say the missing content would generate clubs, I said the missing Community features would generate clubs because that's exactly what they were designed to do.

Missing features IMO is missing content.

It was planned to basically be a GTP type area built right into the game, and when it's right there in the game a whole helluva lot more people are going to use it and join clubs. Whether those clubs would be better or worse than GTP clubs is neither here nor there, the point is that being part of a club opens a whole new world that keeps people coming back. I did say that the CM would help clubs because they would get to build their own tracks and share members tracks, these are things that would keep people playing the game. And yes, any forum that's not built directly into the game you view on your PS3 is third-party, or outside of the game. Example, I take a lot of pics with my phone and do some editing. I have Photoshop and it can do all kinds of wondrous things, but I end up doing most of my photo editing with apps on my phone. Why? Because it's right there, I can directly access the photos from my camera roll and don't have to offload them onto my computer and then open them in another program on a different device. Because of this I do WAY more photo (and video) editing than I would if I had to hassle with getting the content off my phone and onto my computer. In that vein, if the community/forum features were built right into the game I'd bet money that a LOT more people would use them. With a lot more people in clubs, a lot more people would be playing the game for a longer time.

It was, it would of, all speculations from both of us, I feel the guys who would have formed clubs, have formed clubs.

I don't consider it a racing game either because there isn't much that resembles racing. But damn is it frustrating to have all these GT3 and SuperGT and Le Mans cars/tracks at our disposal and not be able to have a proper GT3 or SuperGT or Le Mans race with them unless we gather up some people and go online. And even then, it's a chore.

Wait for GT7, have a look at how PD does with their hands less restricted by hardware limitations, I think GT7 will be the leap you were expecting from GT5, Im just surprised people thought that leap was coming in GT6 on PS3...

Yes, the physics are better, but that doesn't matter much when most of the ways to enjoy the physics are gone.

I have been enjoying GT as I have every other aside from GT5, Im just glad they put out GT6 on PS3 and at least gave me a PS3 GT title worth playing until I get a PS4.

And the GT6 physics still aren't all that good, really. I can still abuse the brakes and curbs in a very arcadey fashion.

Compared to GT5 they are EPIC, and as far as on a PS3 they are the best that the PS3 will ever do. With stuff like ABS, Driving Line, suggested gear its not hard to drive arcade style, even with them all off its still a video game.

Car trading was fluff but it was very useful, especially for those of us who run leagues and like to give away prize cars. Shuffle racing wasn't fluff, rally racing wasn't fluff, endurance racing wasn't fluff, one-make racing wasn't fluff.

To me, all fluff I have as much of all that as I need in GT6, maybe in GT7 with the Next Gen GT on a Next Gen console that stuff might become interesting to e, currently its not.

And while GT6 may be on the limit of the PS3's ability, that's also what cause the triple-beep shutdown, something I never experienced on any game before GT6 and now it happens several times a month. So I wouldn't exactly call that an improvement.

Yeah, it does push the PS3 to the limits, I have no shut down, or 3 beep issues playing GT, but I keep a clean well maintained PS3.

Again, I'm not bashing your opinion or telling you you're wrong. If you enjoy this "game", great and more power to you. I've tried to enjoy it but the only way I can is by creating my own racing with my friends, which I still do at least twice a week.

Im glad you have a way you still enjoy the game a year after release.

I'm just trying to explain why some of us are very bitter and jaded by the direction things have gone over the last year and the state GT6 is in. Having been a fan since the early days and played it religiously, almost daily, since the release of GT5, it's very sad and disappointing that it's come to this but by now I've given up hope and lost all faith in the franchise. I'll continue to play it until I can afford a PC, but it could very easily be so much better than it is and that's frustrating.

To me that's no way to live life, especially getting bitter for nearly a year over a video game. It is what it is, and thats just a video game. GT6 didn't work for you, oh well. GT7 wont be ignored by you and that's for sure, hopefully you look into it a bit before buying and have a better awareness of promised content vs actual content. Adjust your expectations and you wont get disappointed as much, but in any case its not healthy for anybody to keep stuck on a disappointment from almost a year ago.

Last edited:
Thats been GT and GT is only as good as the PS3 will let it be, PS4 opens the door to better Ai and more "racing" options, if you bail because of a PS3 titles short comings that's a shame. I do prefer it to Qualifying Pole position every race, and only seeing the Ai on the starting grid or when I lap them if RB doesnt keep hem close as if no other game uses RB.

When I put in F12013 I get qualifying, standing starts, great AI, all the stuff you'd want for racing, and I rarely qualify on pole because the AI is rather good. The problem is not the PS3, the problem is that rather than making a game that fit the hardware they made the game they wanted and tried to cram it onto hardware that couldn't accommodate it.

Complaining about the product you can afford not being the product you want is lame. Its like a Ferrari fanboy who drives a Civic bitching at people on Civic boards enjoying their car because a Civic is no Ferrari.

I didn't expect the game to be a Ferrari, but when many other games do a much better job of the actual game it's fair to expect the granddaddy of console games to get those things right. Sadly, the only thing they got right is the physics (arguably the best on any console, but not even close to being the best in the genre).

Its just the way it is, I would like tire wear and fuel consumption too. I got over it though.

I did too, by not touching arcade mode any more.

GT6 didnt have any content removed, there was a nonfunctional icon for a feature that was never active in the game removed. They have been adding new content that was not ready at release and not in the game at release, not the same thing at all.

Note on the side where it says the feature will be added in a future update, whats to say thats not coming in Spec 2.0, sooner, or after? It may never come, but as it is it still might, and never gave a date when it would be.

Thats not content that was removed lol

The only "New" content in GT5 really came through paid DLC.

GT6 had all kinds of content/features removed that was in the previous version. Shuffle racing, endurance racing, rally racing, trading cars, one-make races, the ability to adjust your map view, the ability to customize your horn, the ability to have a private lounge your friends could use even when you weren't online, etc. It's fair to expect these types of features to carry over from one version to the next, especially when these are arguably some of the most popular features.

I don't see it that way, I got a full car, many in fact, and more to come.

Glad you can see it that way. Sadly, I can't. Pre-launch I was very excited about a lot of features that I still haven't got to experience, the features/content we did get were just rehashes of GT5/GT4/GT3 content but with a lot less of it. I played GT4 for YEARS and probably didn't complete half of it. Some people completed GT6 in a matter of days.

They dont have to wait 2 minutes, skip the update, problem solved. If they want to explore online features thats just the nature of the beast, you need to be on current firmware to access online features.

I understand that, but some people don't and that creates a problem when you're trying to create a game that people are still expected to be playing a year after launch.

Missing features IMO is missing content.

That's neither here nor there. Having club features built into the game would have increased the number of clubs and thus increased the number of people playing for a longer period of time, that cannot be argued.

Wait for GT7, have a look at how PD does with their hands less restricted by hardware limitations, I think GT7 will be the leap you were expecting from GT5, Im just surprised people thought that leap was coming in GT6 on PS3...

To my knowledge, PS4's will not support triple monitors and even if they do I'm not buying three of them. If I wish to continue to fully enjoy the hardware I've invested in my choice is obvious. And I didn't expect GT6 to be a leap, I expected it to be a more polished and refined version of GT5 and it is more like a lite version of GT6.

Compared to GT5 they are EPIC, and as far as on a PS3 they are the best that the PS3 will ever do. With stuff like ABS, Driving Line, suggested gear its not hard to drive arcade style, even with them all off its still a video game.

I won't argue that, and this is why I still play it. And FYI I don't use any aids, nice try though.

To me, all fluff I have as much of all that as I need in GT6, maybe in GT7 with the Next Gen GT on a Next Gen console that stuff might become interesting to e, currently its not.

Rally racing, endurance racing, and shuffle racing are fluff? I guess by that definition all of the racing is fluff then, and by extension the whole game is fluff.

Yeah, it does push the PS3 to the limits, I have no shut down, or 3 beep issues playing GT, but I keep a clean well maintained PS3.

Consider yourself lucky. I have three different PS3's, two different models, two of them running digital copies, all of them kept clean and cool and all of them experience regular triple beep shut downs, and I'm not the only one (not by far).

Im glad you have a way you still enjoy the game a year after release.

It would have been so easy for them to double my enjoyment though.

To me that's no way to live life, especially getting bitter for nearly a year over a video game. It is what it is, and thats just a video game. GT6 didn't work for you, oh well. GT7 wont be ignored by you and that's for sure, hopefully you look into it a bit before buying and have a better awareness of promised content vs actual content. Adjust your expectations and you wont get disjointedness as much, but in any case its not healthy for you to keep stuck on a disappointment from almost a year ago.

If I was that bitter I wouldn't still be playing it several times a week. But by "playing" it I mean opening a lounge and testing cars for my club or driving around with a few friends. Outside of that the game offers little for me to enjoy. Excluding the Sierra mini-games I haven't touched any part of the single player game for probably six months or more, and probably never will again. If the racing was engaging and challenging and more than a few laps, I would, but it isn't. And GT7 will be fully ignored by me because I will not be purchasing a PS4. Even if GT6 had been a game I was able to enjoy more it still would have been my last go with the franchise because the PS3 is probably the last console I'll ever own. It's just sad to have it end on a sour note as we enjoy our last months together. Had PD just made a game that fit the hardware things would have been much better, but they set their goals too high and the game suffered greatly, as did some of their fans.

This has been a nice discussion but we're way too far off topic so this will be my final contribution. Enjoy the game. :cheers:

When I put in F12013 I get qualifying, standing starts, great AI, all the stuff you'd want for racing, and I rarely qualify on pole because the AI is rather good. The problem is not the PS3, the problem is that rather than making a game that fit the hardware they made the game they wanted and tried to cram it onto hardware that couldn't accommodate it.

The problem is GT is not F1 2013, & not a racing game like F1 is. Ill tell you after playing F1 2014 all week the improvements from GT5 to GT6 are astronomical to the difference from 2010 to 2014 F1, GT has better physics, & graphics than all of the F1 titles. At the cost of dumb Ai? Maybe, but PD has prioritized visual and physics over Ai much more so than Coddie in the F1 series, that is more racing sim than GT. lets see what PS4 has to offer for both F1 & GT.

I didn't expect the game to be a Ferrari, but when many other games do a much better job of the actual game it's fair to expect the granddaddy of console games to get those things right. Sadly, the only thing they got right is the physics (arguably the best on any console, but not even close to being the best in the genre).

None of them are on the PS3, It can only be the best on the console, the console is a huge limiting factor. Wait until its on a competitive medium....

I did too, by not touching arcade mode any more.

Your choice, but I have most fun in Arcade Mode

GT6 had all kinds of content/features removed that was in the previous version. Shuffle racing, endurance racing, rally racing, trading cars, one-make races, the ability to adjust your map view, the ability to customize your horn, the ability to have a private lounge your friends could use even when you weren't online, etc. It's fair to expect these types of features to carry over from one version to the next, especially when these are arguably some of the most popular features.

It wasn't in GT6, it was in previous titles. your implying (intentionally or not) that they were actually in GT6 then removed, this is not the case. Its not fair to expect every feature you like to carry over, its not and has never been done like that. Maybe in an ideal world, but unfortunately the real world is not ideal.

I was disjointed by some stuff, wish the would of added some stuff I want, but I just didn't moan about it for a year, not worth the energy and negative vibe being negative brings. If its so bad I don't enjoy playing it I wont, move on, and that's it, life is not spent moaning for years.

Glad you can see it that way. Sadly, I can't. Pre-launch I was very excited about a lot of features that I still haven't got to experience, the features/content we did get were just rehashes of GT5/GT4/GT3 content but with a lot less of it. I played GT4 for YEARS and probably didn't complete half of it. Some people completed GT6 in a matter of days.

Buyer beware, I hope you learned your lesson.

I understand that, but some people don't and that creates a problem when you're trying to create a game that people are still expected to be playing a year after launch.

You are still playing it a year after launch, so am I and many here

That's neither here nor there. Having club features built into the game would have increased the number of clubs and thus increased the number of people playing for a longer period of time, that cannot be argued.

Maybe, maybe not. I feel all those who would have joined or formed clubs have formed and joined clubs.

To my knowledge, PS4's will not support triple monitors and even if they do I'm not buying three of them. If I wish to continue to fully enjoy the hardware I've invested in my choice is obvious. And I didn't expect GT6 to be a leap, I expected it to be a more polished and refined version of GT5 and it is more like a lite version of GT6.

Might be getting set to support 3 monitors on 1 PS4, who knows, still fresh tech. GT7 talk though, not for a few years.

I won't argue that, and this is why I still play it. And FYI I don't use any aids, nice try though.

Didn't say you did, but most who even turn off ABS still run driving line and or suggested gear. If you truly don't you are in the 0.01%

Rally racing, endurance racing, and shuffle racing are fluff? I guess by that definition all of the racing is fluff then, and by extension the whole game is fluff.

Yes, fluff to me, Rally Games like Dirt3 for Rally shuffle racing is sort of match maker, not the same exactly, but close enough to me, and yeah, fluff really.

Consider yourself lucky. I have three different PS3's, two different models, two of them running digital copies, all of them kept clean and cool and all of them experience regular triple beep shut downs, and I'm not the only one (not by far).

I must be, but being positive in life, positive energy, Im often just lucky like that.

It would have been so easy for them to double my enjoyment though.

Yeah, but what are you going to do, moan about it for a year? Oh lol yeah. What good has that done?

If I was that bitter I wouldn't still be playing it several times a week. But by "playing" it I mean opening a lounge and testing cars for my club or driving around with a few friends. Outside of that the game offers little for me to enjoy. Excluding the Sierra mini-games I haven't touched any part of the single player game for probably six months or more, and probably never will again. If the racing was engaging and challenging and more than a few laps, I would, but it isn't. And GT7 will be fully ignored by me because I will not be purchasing a PS4. Even if GT6 had been a game I was able to enjoy more it still would have been my last go with the franchise because the PS3 is probably the last console I'll ever own. It's just sad to have it end on a sour note as we enjoy our last months together. Had PD just made a game that fit the hardware things would have been much better, but they set their goals too high and the game suffered greatly, as did some of their fans.

I thought that was because you cant afford what you want to be playing? Anyways, its too bad for you, its what we got until GT7, if you like GT5 so much play it for a bit.

This has been a nice discussion but we're way too far off topic so this will be my final contribution. Enjoy the game. :cheers:

:cheers: yeah this multi quote stuff is too much

Last edited:
I'm still a big fan of GT6, and like many others, are eagerly awaiting the Course Maker feature to arrive. (I would place bets on November 2014)

However I am still dumbfounded by the introduction of the GPS Visualiser feature which requires a real car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) and only drivable on the Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and the Suzuka Circuit.
So much time and expense would have been wasted; Only a tiny fraction of GT6 users would have benefited.
Surely the Course Maker feature should have had precedence?

I'm still a big fan of GT6, and like many others, are eagerly awaiting the Course Maker feature to arrive. (I would place bets on November 2014)

However I am still dumbfounded by the introduction of the GPS Visualiser feature which requires a real car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) and only drivable on the Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and the Suzuka Circuit.
So much time and expense would have been wasted; Only a tiny fraction of GT6 users would have benefited.
Surely the Course Maker feature should have had precedence?

I agree. You make a perfectly logical and valid point, to which I can only respond: because PD. :banghead:

Back