Course Maker in GT6?

• Thread starter ffjjbb
  • 786 comments
I'd like the ability to change elevation, banking (and not in the crappy way GT5 implemented), runoff, and most importantly, where the starting line is and what direction you race. That way, you can make flat or mountainous tracks, have corners like those on High Speed Ring, etc.

As well, I would like it so you could add props to the track such as grandstands, lampposts, and signs. One thing I disliked about GT5's course maker was how bland the track's environments looked. Having placeable props would bring "life" to the tracks you make.

As well, I would like it so you could add props to the track such as grandstands, lampposts, and signs. One thing I disliked about GT5's course maker was how bland the track's environments looked. Having placeable props would bring "life" to the tracks you make.

^^^ This mainly, but most importantly the ability to place rumble strips where you want. Not having them in some corners or not in the correct position is frustrating. :ouch:

^^^ This mainly, but most importantly the ability to place rumble strips where you want. Not having them in some corners or not in the correct position is frustrating. :ouch:
Agreed with that. I'd like it a step further though, and have the option to choose between many different types of kurbs (width, height and shape). Sometimes the kurbs we get in GT5's creator are not inappropriate. Also it would be nice to choose colors for kurbs to help distinguish each of our tracks, but that's getting into cosmetics.

I'd like to see a bump map option for the track generator (if it's even included in GT6). A slider that when it's set to 0 the track is totally flat & smooth, but as you set the number higher the track becomes more bumpy like The Ring.

👍

VBR
I'd like to see a bump map option for the track generator (if it's even included in GT6). A slider that when it's set to 0 the track is totally flat & smooth, but as you set the number higher the track becomes more bumpy like The Ring.

👍

Can make for ridiculous jump tracks also.👍

I agree as well, except for rally stages of course. I'd love to see a more in depth rally course generator or creator in gt6, liege and Alaska left a whole lot to be desired. It would be cool to see a Forrest environment, and if they insist on keeping a generator, give us more control over the topography, just a few sliders for elevation and steepness would do.
A Forrest and dessert environment with seasonal options and more customization would add so much more to the rally part of the game, even if it was a generator, they could at least allow you to customize segments of the track after it was generated to add slopes and bumps to make it feel more like a rally.
Ideally, course creator would look like a high quality version of modnation. Allowing you to first morph the topography and then draw a track onto it. They could add all sorts of props, like houses, trees, barns, a variety of pit areas, bleachers, fence options, and of course more control over the edges of the track like sand pits. I doubt this will ever happen though, so a few more sliders and environments would be nice.

Im sorry but i didn't read any of what you guys are saying, lol i just kinda wanted to post what i wanted and be a little selfish :P

Anyway i would like if they put in elevation changes, and were you can actually draw out the course instead of the computer practically making the track that would be great as well
Ahh yes and bumps as well that would be sweet, like changing the condition the road is in and more landscape changes, i don't know if you can tell but i won't to be able to make a mountain road :D

Eks
^^Agreed. Bumps on tracks should not get too much bump-ier than the 'ring.

You know that they removed bumps and jumps from the 'Ring over time? Only two remain now, whereas there were more than five at one point. I don't think it's a good idea to use something that is, historically, in flux as a benchmark. Especially when you consider where the car industry will eventually end up, and what that means for driving enthusiasts, not to mention the current management of the Nürburgring's Nordschleife.

With that in mind, why would you pick one point in time as "definitive", when the enthusiasm for driving spans its entire history?

Anyway, I don't have a problem with silly jumps if they're not avoidable in some way, and if there are (optional) consequences for getting it wrong. Plus, that aerodynamic and rigid body model really needs some work before "air" (and the inevitable "landing") of any kind starts to look right.

I'm not sure we'll see the extreme levels of detail and wild freedom of Modnation Racers, but I am willing to bet that GT6 will improve the Course Creator to an above-satisfactory level.

This is a fun thread to read through for some great ideas. I'm especially keen on (hopefully) being able to create some:

* long, narrow, rut-filled point-to-point rally stages through the trees.
* autocross courses with a few big, flat lot templates (using any surface: asphalt/regular concrete/polished concrete/gravel/dirt/snow/ice) and the ability to place cones, paint lines, add walls, and set penalties.
* wide, exciting rallycross courses like you'll find in dirt2.
* semi-close recreations of some local and also some world-famous driving roads.
* short-track Ovals (like Eldora Speedway in ohio) of any surface.
* goliath F1-style road courses like the Circuit of the Americas in austin, tx.
* kart tracks of all sizes and styles. (you know you'd like to make a slick track with that polished concrete)
* full-on motorsports parks with any combination of created tracks placed within and around each other in one locale...

there could be some big fun waiting for us just around the corner.. 👍

Imagine if we got in depth course creator? Endless possibilities allowing us to duplicate real tracks that PD didn't put in the game? sweetness . Check.

I just came here today to see if there was a thread about this lol. I was going to make one if not.

I the track editor/course creator needs to be in the game and it need to be robust and deep. There is nothing better for a games longevity then the ability for it to give gamers the tools of creation. Allow us to make things and you 'll see (like photomode) some amazing and beautiful things in the future.

I really hope they put some time into the track editor this time around.

The GT5 track editor was a cool addition, would be much better if we had more options and more control but even as basic as it was with a little effort you could generate some pretty cool tracks. Heres to hoping they enhance it in the next release.

The GT5 track editor was a cool addition, would be much better if we had more options and more control but even as basic as it was with a little effort you could generate some pretty cool tracks. Heres to hoping they enhance it in the next release.

Agreed

Looking forward to the improved course maker, hopefully if can do long A to B country style roads or hill climb courses now 👍

Enhancements and improvements also extend to a much-improved course maker function, which will provide several kilometers of gorgeous scenery, including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía. The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game.

BKUWM1mCIAAfQIf.jpg:large

i just came here today to see if there was a thread about this lol. I was going to make one if not.

I the track editor/course creator needs to be in the game and it need to be robust and deep. There is nothing better for a games longevity then the ability for it to give gamers the tools of creation. Allow us to make things and you 'll see (like photomode) some amazing and beautiful things in the future.

I really hope they put some time into the track editor this time around.

strongly agreed

No, I was told you'll be able to create your own circuit from the city streets in the new Course Maker. 👍

This is what Jordan stated in another thread about course maker. So far I am liking what i'm hearing.

My guess is that's where the GPS data kicks in. We'll have a location pre-modeled by PD like the one shown above, and we'll be able to map out our own track layout within the city or location.

GPS to me means you could use a GPS device to drive on a track with your real car, and then import that data into the game to get a rough version of the track you drove on. Obviously it wouldn't be 100%, but close enough is good for me.

I'll second the motion that I hope the new improved course maker has a hill climb or better rally, maybe even point-to-point.

I find the GT5 system both too random and not random enough.

It's too random in that you have almost no control over the shape of the tracks.

It's not random enough in that the tracks all feel the same after a while.

I gave up on the Track Creator a long time back.

The ModNation system (which I saw in the video for the first time) is the other extreme. You control every aspect.

I won't buy MNR for other reasons but it certainly smokes GT in track creation.

I agree. It was a little too random and not really too random...

GPS to me means you could use a GPS device to drive on a track with your real car, and then import that data into the game to get a rough version of the track you drove on. Obviously it wouldn't be 100%, but close enough is good for me.

I'm hoping for this as well. All we need is a few people to visit their local tracks with a GPS and we could have dozens of new tracks to share. VIR, NJMP, Firebird International, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen... :)

Back