Course Maker Toolbox

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 104 comments
Don't make them too long. If you are hex editing, make sure that the header matches the content of the file and beware of any typos.
I'm running into a problem in which after transferring a track created in your course maker into the game, it doesn't load properly, I.e. the course is just a black screen, but the game doesn't crash.

I'm running into a problem in which after transferring a track created in your course maker into the game, it doesn't load properly, I.e. the course is just a black screen, but the game doesn't crash.

Make sure you don't have any 0 length segments. Each segment (straight or corner) should be at least 6 meters long.

I keep getting the error : error line 147: constant ' single rocks 1' already exists, in 010 editor when trying to run the template. Any help?

@Mr Grumpy
I'm back home. I've installed the editor. Got it working according to the readme.txt.
Now, is there a 010 editor guide for dummies that I can use to get the basics to modifying a course?

@Mr Grumpy
I'm back home. I've installed the editor. Got it working according to the readme.txt.
Now, is there a 010 editor guide for dummies that I can use to get the basics to modifying a course?

What kind of modifications do you want to do? Just adding decorations, or do you want to do something more advanced?

What kind of modifications do you want to do? Just adding decorations, or do you want to do something more advanced?
@eran0004
My next step is to achieve the ability to add primarily restaurants as well as the decorations items listed in this post:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racks-discussion.337816/page-51#post-11751241
The only "advanced" thing I would like to do in the end, is to use the spectator bridges to make tunnels and under passes.
I hope I'm not asking for too much.

@eran0004
My next step is to achieve the ability to add primarily restaurants as well as the decorations items listed in this post:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racks-discussion.337816/page-51#post-11751241
The only "advanced" thing I would like to do in the end, is to use the spectator bridges to make tunnels and under passes.
I hope I'm not asking for too much.

How to create tunnels on Andalusia & Eifel

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/mr-grumpy.256315/

@Mr Grumpy I see, yet, I'm still very new to using this software. For example, I've got a .TED loaded up. This is what I've got:
Capture.PNG

Thing is, I don't know where to begin editing. What should I do?

Download the template (link is in the first post), then load it by clicking on Run template at the top of the tab. That will make more sense of the data :)

Cool. I tried that, Although I'm at this point. I'm still unsure as to what I'm doing.
Capture2.PNG

You are running the wrong template, you need to run GT6TPE_Ted.bt
20170619_183526.png

I see you have it open in a floating tab but you haven't run it in the main box

Last edited:
@eran0004 Is there any way you can remove the boundary checks on your TLC?
I have roads that have ends that are just outside the borders. And working with Sony's TPE is a pain to get the roads accurate.

@eran0004 Is there any way you can remove the boundary checks on your TLC?
I have roads that have ends that are just outside the borders. And working with Sony's TPE is a pain to get the roads accurate.

Yes, but I'm out of the country until August, so it will have to wait until then I'm afraid.

Guys, truly awesome work! :cheers: Want to have a go at this.

Alright, I have Python installed, eran0004's Course Creator installed, runs. (am on a Mac, 10.6.8)
Also I have the latitude & longitude .csv file (via google maps -> Maps to GPX -> Geocontext Profiler, but it doesn't load.

First the Shell said "Latitude or Longitude missing in header"

So I had a look at the provided example file "Tosaby Road" and copied the header data from there. Ummm … was that a good idea?

Now it says:
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/tkinter/__init__.py", line 1699, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "/Applications/Track Layout Creator 2.0/Track Layout Creator 2.0.py", line 2343, in importPath
reference_path = rf.importPath()
File "/Applications/Track Layout Creator 2.0/readfile_2.py", line 713, in importPath
latitude = float(string.split(',')[lat])
IndexError: list index out of range​

Am I outside of the map already? The stretch of road I want to replicate is only 6 km long:
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/47.3...1/@47.3519601,7.6112938,13z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

In case anyone would like to see why I want to create this road … have a look at the sweetest left-hander in the whole wide world: https://www.google.de/maps/@47.3630...4!1sXbysY1V68TanHZg3lYogEw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I attach the CSV file here in case anyone would like to point out what is wrong with it:

Attachments

• Passwang short.csv.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Guys, truly awesome work! :cheers: Want to have a go at this.

Alright, I have Python installed, eran0004's Course Creator installed, runs. (am on a Mac, 10.6.8)
Also I have the latitude & longitude .csv file (via google maps -> Maps to GPX -> Geocontext Profiler, but it doesn't load.

First the Shell said "Latitude or Longitude missing in header"

So I had a look at the provided example file "Tosaby Road" and copied the header data from there. Ummm … was that a good idea?

Now it says:
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/tkinter/__init__.py", line 1699, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "/Applications/Track Layout Creator 2.0/Track Layout Creator 2.0.py", line 2343, in importPath
reference_path = rf.importPath()
File "/Applications/Track Layout Creator 2.0/readfile_2.py", line 713, in importPath
latitude = float(string.split(',')[lat])
IndexError: list index out of range​

Am I outside of the map already? The stretch of road I want to replicate is only 6 km long:
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/47.3...1/@47.3519601,7.6112938,13z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

In case anyone would like to see why I want to create this road … have a look at the sweetest left-hander in the whole wide world: https://www.google.de/maps/@47.3630...4!1sXbysY1V68TanHZg3lYogEw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I attach the CSV file here in case anyone would like to point out what is wrong with it:

You get this error because the file you try to load only contains distance and elevation data. There is no latitude and longitude data.

The format of the file needs to be this:

Distance (m),Elevation (m),Latitude,Longitude
[distance],[elevation],[latitude],[longitude]

Right now, your file looks like this:

Distance (m),Elevation (m),Latitude,Longitude
[distance],[elevation],[latitude],[longitude]*
[distance],[elevation]
[distance],[elevation]
[distance],[elevation]
[distance],[elevation]

(*This line also seems to be from some other set of data, possibly you copied it when you copied the header?)

Thanks eran! :D

Very detailed answer & easy to understand.

* -> yes, that's correct I think.

And I thought there could be only latitude and longitude when importing
:dopey:

So that means as soon as I get the .csv in its correct form I'll have some basic elevation values included to start with? That's awesome.

On to some tinkering!
And thanks again for your help.

EDIT: It worked! Got my favourite Swiss Mountain Touge in it and am tracing my first track onto it now. Ah, but I get it: This is only top-down, so … the elevation values (although they are in the .csv file) will not be in the export, right? Have to add these somehow later I guess.

Last edited:
Here is an update to the Track Layout Creator!

Changes:
  • Added camber control for individual corners.
How it works:
In the toolbar, there is a new icon that looks like this:

camber.png

When clicking it, you toggle camber mode. While camber mode is active, you can left-click on a polygon point and drag up or down to adjust the camber angle of the associated corner. By default, the camber angle is set to Global, which means that the angle is calculated based on the global camber settings (you can find those in the left panel). When setting the angle to something else than Global, the selected camber angle overrides the global settings for that specific corner. Setting to Global is done by dragging down from 0 degrees.

Skärmbild (2).png

The savefile format has been updated to make room for the camber data. The new savefile format is called TRACK2 (*.trk2). You can still load old TRACK (*.trk) files, but all the tracks that you save will use the new format.

I tested for bugs, but there may be some that I haven't found yet, so please let me know if you find any bugs.

You can find the latest version of the Track Layout Creator here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/course-maker-toolbox.352281/#post-11706459

Back