Course Maker Track File Database (.ted)

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 6 comments
France
France
Following the discovery that custom tracks are now actually playable within custom events in the game, I decided to create a database for such files - calling for collaboration to preserve all of the tracks that were made before.

Track files can also be extracted from replays so if you have any let me know.
The database is accessible here, as of this thread creation there are 7.
https://github.com/Nenkai/GT6_Custom_Track_Archive

Track files can also be created from scratch using @eran0004 's track layout editor.

Simple tutorial to play on custom tracks (requires a modded console)
1. Extract your game's PDIPFS folder using https://github.com/Nenkai/GTToolsSharp/tree/master/GTToolsSharp.
2. Once done, /game_parameter/gt6/event will contain xml and fgp files. These are events in the game.
3. Grab your ted file, compress and convert it to base64 using the tool above. Copy the file contents.
4:
* Take any XML file, scroll down and edit the course_code to "coursemaker".
* Add <generated_course_id value=0>
*Also add <edit_data value="PASTE FILE CONTENTS HERE"/>
* Copy the file to a new folder, such as the folder is named yourfolder/game_parameter/gt6/<file>.xml

5. Repack the files. (Instructions in the tool above)
6. Transfer to the PS3.
This process will be greatly made simpler as I am currently working on an Event Generator.

Last edited:
Interesting.

As it happens, just for posterity, I saved replays of just myself driving 2 or 3 laps around some of my favourite CM tracks. I've just blown the dust off my PS3 to see if it still works, which it did, and there's 14 that I managed to save before the servers went off. Since I remember there being many hours of creation and tweaking that went into their making you're certainly welcome to try and use them.

A few example pics.
Circuit Sans Nom.pngDimrill Dale - GP.png Hammer Hill.png

Interesting.

As it happens, just for posterity, I saved replays of just myself driving 2 or 3 laps around some of my favourite CM tracks. I've just blown the dust off my PS3 to see if it still works, which it did, and there's 14 that I managed to save before the servers went off. Since I remember there being many hours of creation and tweaking that went into their making you're certainly welcome to try and use them.

A few example pics.
View attachment 965956View attachment 965957 View attachment 965958
The more the merrier. We're looking for as many courses as possible. I submitted my archive of 53 courses or so; I had this mindset that I wanted to remember and look back on some of my favorite creations that other people came up with using the Course Maker, either with the official Track Path Editor or other third-party tools developed by others. Now that it's possible to drive these courses again, including making your own custom event that involves their use, archiving them is that much more important!

Total bad luck for me... Unfortunately I had to replace my dead HDD back in December, so I lost many replays from beautiful tracks :indiff:

We're looking for as many courses as possible. I submitted my archive of 53 courses or so;
Not a problem, it seems stupid that they didn't patch it so you could at least access your own creations on the hard drive.

I'm probably being a bit stupid here, but how and where do I submit them? So far I've saved the replays to the PS3 system, copied them onto a memory stick and transferred to PC. Then? It's a question of where do I stick them. :)

Not a problem, it seems stupid that they didn't patch it so you could at least access your own creations on the hard drive.

I'm probably being a bit stupid here, but how and where do I submit them? So far I've saved the replays to the PS3 system, copied them onto a memory stick and transferred to PC. Then? It's a question of where do I stick them. :)
Mediafire/Google Drive will do. Thanks for helping!

Latest Posts

Back