COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
Is using 2002 - 2005 a solid reference? The world has changed a lot in regards to having things catered to you never leaving the house. I would wager grocery deliveries are more popular, easier, & cheaper b/c they've actually been expanded on tremendously in the last decade thanks to technology's advancements.

Last edited:
Is using 2002 - 2005 a solid reference? The world has changed a lot in regards to having things catered to you never leaving the house. I would wager grocery deliveries are more popular, easier, & cheaper b/c they've actually been expanded on tremendously in the last decade thanks to technology's advancements.
In the past 1-2 years alone it has changed a good bit. You have more services like DoorDash, and Uber Eats taking it on board now all fighting each other for customers with their prices. There's also Amazon as well - I've already been subscribed to Amazon Prime for years so it's convenient that I can now get free grocery delivery with that subscription.

Last edited:
Thats a keyword, sure. Not sure what it has to do here though because you just said you have no idea.

Well, I can assure you that deliveries are not free. Go ahead and spend those money if you don’t mind, but many people do mind.

It might have gotten cheaper, or it may very well not because inflation.

Your grocery stores charge for delivery? Huh, guess I'm lucky since our local supermarket will deliver for free within 5 miles. Sometimes it takes a bit, but it's so easy to do and means I don't have to go shopping. Target is the only store that I use where you have to pay, but it's pretty inexpensive and I get the stuff within an hour.

I do curbside pick up a bunch too. It's nice to be able to pull to a parking spot, say "I'm here" on an app, and then have someone load it into the trunk.

Well, I can assure you that deliveries are not free. Go ahead and spend those money if you don’t mind, but many people do mind.
Well I can assure you everyone is aware of that, no one has sad as much. It doesn't change the fact that you have no idea about something you're trying to argue against for whatever reason. Is that what you do about everything you get in a discussion about - Or is this a one-off situation? I mean, earlier you said you distrust things based on your perception of what is said, making it seem like you're not really using anything concrete to back that either.

Last edited:
Based on my own perception if things, and I don’t say this to come across arrogant.
So self-qualification.

I have to be honest I'm going to put far more trust in teh hard science.

I believe the pandemic has been given way too much attention for being a corona disease.
Prior to 2020 most people wouldn't be able to tell you that the common cold is a corona virus (and it's not a disease), and most of them are not dangerous, so that's simply not accurate at all.

These things existed before 2019, albeit in different forms.
And?

This may be more contagious but only marginally more lethal,
Citation required

so the implications of fighting it have gotten far worse than the disease itself.
It's not a disease, and no they haven't, but please feel free to cite hard data on this.

It might have gotten cheaper, or it may very well not because inflation.
It took me 30 seconds to find a Danish chain that charges £2.17/19kr/$2.89 for delivery (https://mad.coop.dk/), and its free if you spend over 1,200kr.

edit: Lots more here, with a kr800/£91/$121 spend being the norm for free delivery it seems https://globuzzer.mn.co/posts/the-many-different-supermarkets-in-denmark-to-shop-at

Last edited:
So self-qualification.

I have to be honest I'm going to put far more trust in teh hard science.

We were talking mainstream media flows, and now you’re talking science. There are more questionable variables to media than sceince.

Prior to 2020 most people wouldn't be abel to tell you the common cold is a corona virus (and it's not a disease)

Point being? Last time I checked, COVID literally stands for corona virus disease.

Citation required

The younger you are, the smaller the difference. Worth mentioning in this regard that I never objected to vaccinating the weak and elderly.

It's not a disease, and no they haven't, but please feel free to cite hard data on this.

Again, it is a disease. Cite hard data on what? That the world has been under varying degrees of lockdown since early 2020? It’s a widely known fact, and academia doesn’t require citation of widely known facts.

Well I can assure you everyone is aware of that, no one has sad as much. It doesn't change the fact that you have no idea about something you're trying to argue against for whatever reason. Is that what you do about everything you get in a discussion about - Or is this a one-off situation?

What on earth would be different if I had listed exact pricing? Then you’d just say it’s affordable enough, which is very much an individual decision to make.

I mean, earlier you said you distrust things based on your perception of what is said, making it seem like you're not really using anything concrete to back that either.

I don’t have to back up my own perception of things, as my perception isn’t meant to prove anything.

Last edited:
What on earth would be different if I had listed exact pricing? Then you’d just say it’s affordable enough, which is very much an individual decision to make.
What on earth would be different if you actually had some knowledge and information about something you specifically said? A whole lot. It's in bad faith what you just did, and I'm not sure why you're trying to spin it. You had absolutely no info, so why would you even say it as a counter argument?

Thats a strawman. You're making up a situation to validate yourself.

I don’t have to back up my own perception of things, as my perception isn’t meant to prove anything.
No, but when you literally admit you have no idea about things you yourself are saying, expect to not be taken seriously at all. Although I'm going to guess you're ok with that because this definitely wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:
What on earth would be different if you actually had some knowledge and information about something you specifically said? A whole lot. It's in bad faith what you just did, and I'm not sure why you're trying to spin it. You had absolutely no info, so why would you even say it as a counter argument?

Thats a strawman. You're making up a situation to validate yourself.

I do not agree with you.

No, but when you literally admit you have no idea about things you yourself are saying, expect to not be taken seriously at all. Although I'm going to guess you're ok with that because this definitely wouldn't be the first time.
I didn’t admit to any such thing. You’re really stretching things over some unknown local prices for grocery delivery charges. :lol:

It took me 30 seconds to find a Danish chain that charges £2.17/19kr/$2.89 for delivery (https://mad.coop.dk/), and its free if you spend over 1,200kr.

So delivery charges make up one sixth of what I normally spend on groceries elsewhere… Besides, COOP is one of the most expensive chains around here, and for that reason I try to avoid their stores.

edit: Lots more here, with a kr800/£91/$121 spend being the norm for free delivery it seems https://globuzzer.mn.co/posts/the-many-different-supermarkets-in-denmark-to-shop-at

Which is steep for just one round of grocery shopping.

Last edited:
Between 2002 and 2005 I worked in a supermarket, and virtually no one but physically challenged elders called for deliveries.
Spider Man Lol GIF

"You know what really grinds my gears? People in the nineteenth century. Why don't they get with the freakin' program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse."
I do curbside pick up a bunch too. It's nice to be able to pull to a parking spot, say "I'm here" on an app, and then have someone load it into the trunk.
This is what I do most often. Home delivery isn't expensive but I feel like this ends up being most convenient because I do it when I'm already out and about.

People in the nineteenth century. Why don't they get with the freakin' program?
For some reason I read this as "get with the freakin' pogrom". Because anti-vaxxers are the most victimised section of society since Kristallnacht, amirite?

You can't prove they aren't.

For some reason I read this as "get with the freakin' pogrom". Because anti-vaxxers are the most victimised section of society since Kristallnacht, amirite?

Ah yes, my grandparents and relatives who were targeted and killed during the Holocaust definitely had it better than the anti-vaxxers. :rolleyes:

Victims for rejecting something they don’t wan’t? Makes a ton of sense.

I do not agree with you.
I know you don't agree with me, that's what we're discussing. You just have no idea about what you're disagreeing with, You've admitted that. That's actually the problem.

I didn’t admit to any such thing. You’re really stretching things over some unknown local prices for grocery delivery charges. :lol:
I really don’t know how much it costs here
:confused:

I'm not stretching anything. You said it's expensive, and when asked is it anymore expensive than having to take multiple trips to the store a month compared to having to spend say, $9.99 a month for as many deliveries as you want, you said "I really don't know."

It's sad to see how you choose to go about things. It's a viable option, you don't agree, you just don't have any information as to why.

Last edited:
Ah yes, my grandparents and relatives who were targeted and killed during the Holocaust definitely had it better than the anti-vaxxers. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: That's my entire point. Nobody has a choice in whether to be born Jewish. Anti-vaxx is all about choice and self-entitlement. That's why comparisons to Hitler are misplaced and distasteful. I'd hoped that would've been obvious from my earlier posts, but I guess not.

It's sad to see how you choose to go about things. It's a viable option, you don't agree, you just don't have any information as to why.
"You can't prove it's not, though". Having come here from other threads this appears to be a running theme.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: That's my entire point. Nobody has a choice in whether to be born Jewish. Anti-vaxx is all about choice and self-entitlement. That's why comparisons to Hitler are misplaced and distasteful. I'd hoped that would've been obvious from my earlier posts, but I guess not.

"You can't prove it's not, though". Having come here from other threads this appears to be a running theme.
It was obvious. I didn't mean to go against you, I was referencing ANYONE who at all compares the pandemic management to any type of genocide.

You said it's expensive, and when asked is it anymore expensive than having to take multiple trips to the store a month compared to having to spend say, $9.99 a month for as many deliveries as you want, you said "I really don't know."
Such expensive, many cost, wow:

1638474756988.png

1638475097269.png

(to save converting, 45Kr is £5, 35Kr is £3, or about $7 and $4)

Last edited:
We were talking mainstream media flows, and now you’re talking science. There are more questionable variables to media than sceince.
So why are you basing your view on the media?

Point being? Last time I checked, COVID literally stands for corona virus disease.
Which doesn't answer the question.

The younger you are, the smaller the difference. Worth mentioning in this regard that I never objected to vaccinating the weak and elderly.
That source literally disproves your claim that Covid-19 is "only marginally more lethal", even the tag line visible in the preview states it's "far deadlier"

To directly quote your source...

"Whereas about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus' death rate is now at about 3.4%, based on the current numbers of cases and deaths."

...that's not marginally more lethal! That's 34 times more lethal

Again, it is a disease. Cite hard data on what? That the world has been under varying degrees of lockdown since early 2020? It’s a widely known fact, and academia doesn’t require citation of widely known facts.
That "the implications of fighting it have gotten far worse than the disease itself."

The fact we have lockdowns only establishes that we have had lockdowns, not that the lockdowns have been worse than Covid-19. as far as academia goes all you have done it presented a logical fallacy.

Last edited:
This is what I do most often. Home delivery isn't expensive but I feel like this ends up being most convenient because I do it when I'm already out and about.
I tend to do it on my lunch. It's so easy to get going and by the time I'm off work, a couple hours later, it's usually already there. Vast majority of my grocery list tends to be similar week to week so it's usually just one simple click to reorder a lot of the stuff. They put it front and center for easy access too.

Amazon has set times, but DoorDash and Uber Eats will basically get it to you whenever it is they get it done, which is always faster than the former.
Such expensive, many cost, wow:

View attachment 1097384

View attachment 1097385

(to save converting, 45Kr is £5, 35Kr is £3, or about $7 and $4)
So, to anyone that has any tiny bit of income, it sounds extremely viable. Especially if it removes driving cost for yourself in the process. If people don't want a vaccine, they still have an extremely easy way to get their groceries and the plus side is they hopefully stay in doors.

I'm going to assume that's also for a one time cost, rather than a monthly subscription price, which usually covers the fee for every single order, which likely wouldn't be much more expensive than a delivery charge or two but definitely less expensive than the cost of gas over a month doing that yourself.

Last edited:
In the past 1-2 years alone it has changed a good bit. You have more services like DoorDash, and Uber Eats taking it on board now all fighting each other for customers with their prices. There's also Amazon as well - I've already been subscribed to Amazon Prime for years so it's convenient that I can now get free grocery delivery with that subscription.
Let's see,I go to Costco, fill up my gas tank,go inside and buy a months worth of groceries. Put them in my freezer. 3 blocks from my house costs me nothing as I'm getting gas anyhow. Delivery,incredible. How is it free when your paying for Amazon Prime ?

Last edited:
Let's see,I go to Costco, fill up my gas tank,go inside and buy a months worth of groceries. Put them in my freezer. 3 blocks from my house costs me nothing as I'm getting gas anyhow. Delivery,incredible. How is it free when your paying for Amazon Prime ?
Wow, I wish gas was free for me. That's amazing.

How is it costing you nothing when Costco costs money to get into their building? Did you read the post you're responding to?

Last edited:
Let's see,I go to Costco, fill up my gas tank,go inside and buy a months worth of groceries. Put them in my freezer. 3 blocks from my house costs me nothing as I'm getting gas anyhow. Delivery,incredible.
Translation: "I wasn't paying attention to the person crying about a supposed inability to get food due to not having been vaccinated against COVID when delivery exists as an option in this exact situation."

I know you don't agree with me, that's what we're discussing. You just have no idea about what you're disagreeing with, You've admitted that. That's actually the problem.
I know what I disagreed with. Everything you said.
:confused:

I'm not stretching anything. You said it's expensive, and when asked is it anymore expensive than having to take multiple trips to the store a month compared to having to spend say, $9.99 a month for as many deliveries as you want, you said "I really don't know."
I said it’s expensive, but I didn’t know the exact price. I’ll never know how that is such a problem.
Listen to yourself already. This is the COVID thread and you’re losing it over some grocery delivery charges. Get real.

So why are you basing your view on the media?
I’m not. That’s the whole point.
Which doesn't answer the question.
What question? I asked you to elaborate a point, which you didn’t.
That source literally disproves your claim that Covid-19 is "only marginally more lethal", even the tag line visible in the preview states it's "far deadlier"

To directly quote your source...

"Whereas about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus' death rate is now at about 3.4%, based on the current numbers of cases and deaths."

...that's not marginally more lethal! That's 34 times more lethal
I take it you missed the comparison table showing fatality rates across different age groups? I specifically pointed out consideration for those and not total counts. Again, I never objected to vaccinating the elderly.
That "the implications of fighting it have gotten far worse than the disease itself."

The fact we have lockdowns only establishes that we have had lockdowns, not that the lockdowns have been worse than Covid-19. as far as academia goes all you have done it presented a logical fallacy.
Point out why I’m wrong then.

Denying access to grocery shopping is not humane. I can agree to demanding a negative test and a face mask, but cutting off access to food because people reserve the right to decide over their own bodies. Hitler would be proud. :yuck:

Listen to yourself already. This is the COVID thread and you’re losing it over some grocery delivery charges. Get real.

Why do I have to read the whole conversation? All I want to do is own the libs!

Even Nielsen didn't read the conversation apparently.

Translation: "I wasn't paying attention to the person crying about a supposed inability to get food due to not having been vaccinated against COVID when delivery exists as an option in this exact situation."
I wasn't quoting you. Stick to someone else's quotes. Don't translate for me either. Regardless put on a mask,get the shot,or go sit in a corner and starve. Is that better?

Last edited:
Back