COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
Oldie but a goodie

Attachments

• A7ACA4C7-0811-46CA-B216-ECFE1FF3BECE.gif
    A7ACA4C7-0811-46CA-B216-ECFE1FF3BECE.gif
    226.5 KB · Views: 8
Abbott's up for re-election next year and he's probably laying the groundwork for a suit to enjoin federal vaccine mandate enforcement to keep the political spotlight focused on him.
Or is he making a future attempt to somehow make banning vaccine mandates nationwide a 2024 Election topic?

Abbott's up for re-election next year and he's probably laying the groundwork for a suit to enjoin federal vaccine mandate enforcement to keep the political spotlight focused on him.
Nuttiest logic I’ve seen from him if that’s the case. It’s only my experience but the people I’ve talked to all think Abbott is doing nothing for his re-election chances with the publicity he’s received over the last year. Man enjoys making an ass out of himself.

Last edited:
Mind boggling to still see, "only sick and old are affected" comments (on other sites) these days.

COVID No. 1 cause of death for 35- to 54-year-olds in September​

COVID-19 was the leading of death among people ages 35 to 54 -- and the second-leading cause overall -- in September, according to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Peterson Center on Healthcare.

The research also estimates that since June more than 90,000 U.S. deaths from COVID-19 could have been prevented with vaccines, and more than half of those occurred last month.

In January, COVID-19 was the nation's No. 1 cause of death, the analysis found. In July, before the delta surge, COVID-19 briefly dropped to eighth.

Mind boggling to still see, "only sick and old are affected" comments (on other sites) these days.

This teacher lost her 10 year old daughter to covid then had to deal with these knuckleheads.

Ah college of mine who is anti vax (reason: she doesn't want to fund big pharmacy companies, although she needs to be tested, and supports them that way, every three days now has covid, I wonder what she will do when she gets better. Is it a bad when I want her to get really sick?

Last edited:
Four months later:
The bizarre part is continuing to single out Fauci as a political activist in all this. The political activism around Covid was initiated & continually fomented by Trump & the Trumpers who took the position that Covid was a "liberal" conspiracy to take down the Trump administration ... instead of a unique public health emergency that was similarly affecting countries all around the world. Had the Trump administration simply acted sensibly from the start hundreds of thousands of American lives would have been saved, the economic consequences would have been relatively short term & Trump might conceivably have won the 2020 election.

Chicago's vaccine mandate for police went into effect today. It will take a week or so to sort out who is and who isn't vaccinated, but it could mean up to half the city's police force can lose their jobs. The police union is fighting the mandate and lawsuits against the mayor and the city are starting.

Morning radio is reporting looters are already renting U-Haul trucks and preparing to hit the Mag Mile and other spots around the city.

Good riddance.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/colin-powell-calls-trump-liar-says-he-skirts-constitution-will-n1227016
Powell, who served as secretary of state under former President George W. Bush and was previously chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told CNN's "State of the Union" that Trump is "drifting" away from the Constitution and said he's a habitual liar.

"We have a Constitution. We have to follow that Constitution. And the president's drifted away from it," Powell said, offering praise for military leaders who have spoken out against the president in recent days.

"The Republican Party, the president thought they were immune, they can say anything they wanted," Powell said. "And even more troubling, the Congress would just sit there and not in any way resist what the president is doing."

"The one word I have to use with respect to what he's been doing for the last several years is the word I would never have used before, never would have used with any of the four presidents I worked for: He lies," Powell added. "He lies about things, and he gets away with it because people will not hold him accountable."

Powell was hardly alone among retired military leaders criticizing the president on Sunday's political talk shows.

Some of you may or may not know who this is. I do not know his vaccination status, but I'd venture to guess he wasn't.

Also, I'm on a big road trip / vacation right now and the first thing I see when I get to my home town is anti-vaxxers standing on every corner near the hospital with their big "Jesus is my only savior" banners, etc. 🙄

Update: not doing so well. He said they are giving him 40 liters of pure oxygen every hour and its not doing much. Ventilator might be next. He was cracking jokes about his new 'stache though...

Screenshot_20211018-133423_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
I had to show it several times now, at Spa, restaurants, McDonald's, the movie theatre.

But only at McDonald's I also had to show my ID.

I haven't traveled much since the pandemic started. I'm normally overseas at least twice a year, sometimes more. And I'm in the Midwest and Southeast at least once a year each. I was just down at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) for a track event (southern Virginia, close to the North Carolina border) and it was pretty shocking. I complain how people in my own town in NJ have been somewhat cavalier with their social distancing protocols. But the area around Danville, VA--it's as if the pandemic was a long forgotten memory. I had dinner at the Oak Tree Tavern, located within the grounds of the race track. NO masks required and they had a buffet. :crazy: Unmasked people all hacking and coughing over the pot roast and sweet potatoes. And cut slices of pie spread out on an open table in a room full of unmasked patrons. WTH! I would have thought they would have at LEAST had servers behind the items serving.

It's no wonder the US is so far behind the curve.

Haven't had to show my vaccine card except when I got my 2nd and 3rd shots. (However, I don't really go anywhere either).

Incidentally, I got my third shot yesterday and thus far I have only had a slightly sore shoulder.
My mum just had her Pfizer shot no. 3. Only a mild fever but her arm really hurt this time.

Nick Rolovich, head coach of the Washington State handegg team, has lost his $3million/year job because he doesn't want to get vaccinated.

Back