CR per HP

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_justin
  • 32 comments
  • 2,878 views
Messages
45
Messages
Unky1
Just seen the Alfa Romeo GUILA TZ2 65 race car and for 10 million credits you get just a 163 HP car which works out at over 63,xxx CR per HP.

Here is just a list of a few cars as an example.

Audi R10 TDI race car 06 4.75 mil CR / 649 HP = 7,318 CR per HP
VW Schwimmwagen 625,000 CR / 24 HP = 26,041 CR per HP
Zonda R 2.6 mil CR / 739 = 3,518 CR per HP

Just wondering if there is a worse car price per horse power in the game, also what's the best.
 
HP isn't the be all end all of cars, of course, but it's an interesting thought.
 
Indeed, HP isn't what you pay for in those cars, particularly the Alfa. You could get a Surpa with 1000hp in real life for $50,000, that doesn't make it better than a Ferrari with 500bhp costing $200,000.

Pointless thread.
 
classic cars are a b*tch aren't they?

Just watch a little Barrett-Jackson on Friday or Saturday night, you'll see.
 
But this is not real life, it's a comparison of what is in the game like for like.
 
Just seen the Alfa Romeo GUILA TZ2 65 race car and for 10 million credits you get just a 163 HP car which works out at over 63,xxx CR per HP.

Here is just a list of a few cars as an example.

Audi R10 TDI race car 06 4.75 mil CR / 649 HP = 7,318 CR per HP
VW Schwimmwagen 625,000 CR / 24 HP = 26,041 CR per HP
Zonda R 2.6 mil CR / 739 = 3,518 CR per HP

Just wondering if there is a worse car price per horse power in the game, also what's the best.

Interesting you should post this now. I bought the Alfa Race Car last night. After all the HP adders I was doing Suzuka slower than an Elise. So I guess it's for people who really like looking at it.
 
The Alfa race car is a prize car. Too bad you bought it.
 
I'd buy one even though I won one. I LOVE that car. My wife thinks I'm mad but I think its the best car in the game. Better than even the Ferarri P4.
 
The Bugatti Veyron has 1000hp, yet it's worthless on track.
 
Indeed, HP isn't what you pay for in those cars, particularly the Alfa. You could get a Surpa with 1000hp in real life for $50,000, that doesn't make it better than a Ferrari with 500bhp costing $200,000.

Pointless thread.

lol in a straight line it does
 
oh well, an Option Stream Z (750 or something hp), cost me about 180.000 cr, but you can outrace it in a 350 hp car (if the straights aren't too long :))
 
The Bugatti Veyron has 1000hp, yet it's worthless on track.

So many people say this, yet I keep having the exact opposite experience when I drive it. It corners amazingly.

I'm interested to see power to weight ratio per credit.
 
It would be better to compare CR/PWR (credits per power/weight ratio). It would be a fair way to compare and get the best for your money (or worst). Race cars may not be right at the top or bottom, because their PWR is way higher, but they cost more.
 
So many people say this, yet I keep having the exact opposite experience when I drive it. It corners amazingly.

I mean that it can beat every other road car, but cannot keep up with any race car with the same HP (even on racing softs).

Probably because of it's near 2-ton weight.
 
I mean that it can beat every other road car, but cannot keep up with any race car with the same HP (even on racing softs).

Probably because of it's near 2-ton weight.

It can't keep up with a race car because it isn't a race car. It's a production car, street legal, no areo parts.

The Enzo has a terrible top speed because it can't break the sound barrier like a fighter jet can. Apples and Oranges.
 
I mean that it can beat every other road car

I take it you haven't seen the episode of Top Gear where it was beaten round the track by a Zonda F Roadster, despite the latter being completely and utterly trounced in a drag race between the same cars. Seriously, that thing understeers like a pig.
 
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Bugatti Veyron SS 1.16.8
Gumpert Apollo 1.17.1
Ascari A10 1.17.3
Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear spoiler) 1.17.6
Noble M600 1.17.7
Pagani Zonda F Roadster 1.17.7
Caterham R500 1.17.9
Bugatti Veyron 1.18.3
Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4
Maserati MC12 1.18.9
Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0
Lamborghini LP670 SV 1.19.0
Ferrari 458 1.19.1
Ariel Atom 1.19.5
Lamborghini LP560 1.19.5
Ferrari Scuderia 1.19.7
Nissan GT-R 1.19.7
Lamborghini LP640 1.19.8
Porsche Carerra GT 1.19.8
Koenigsegg CCX 1.20.4
Corvette ZR1 1.20.4
Ascari KZ1 1.20.7
Mercedes McLaren SLR 1.20.9
Ferrari 599GTB 1.21.2
Audi R8 V10 1.21.6
Ford GT 1.21.9


Not counting the Veyron SS the Veyron is the 7th fastest, now how many of the car that beat it are in GT5? None. Therefore it can beat any of the other road cars. But look at what it did beat, yet it gets labled as having terrible handling.
 
That was on the TGTT though, with only a few corners. Put around a real racing track with lots of corners it has no hope.
 
First it sucks vs race cars, then it sucks around the TGTT, now it sucks around "real racing tracks".

Such as? I want to run some test, as I'm sure it will compete with the best of them.
 
Wouldn't the classic cars be the worst value? $20,000,000 for what, about 450 hp in either the 330P4 or the Ford Mark IV. EDIT: actually, they're a slightly better value than the Alfa.

I think the ZZ-II is probably the best value- 500hp for something like $59k?
 
Begin at 6:16.



Yet it still laps slower than the Roadster, on a track with barely any corners. The only reason for it going round faster than all those other supercars is its, admittedly exceptional, straight-line speed.
 
I'm not trying to be confrontational here, just name a fair track, so I can, for my own enjoyment, see if I can beat a Veyron.

Monaco? Suzuka?
 
I'm not trying to be confrontational here, just name a fair track, so I can, for my own enjoyment, see if I can beat a Veyron.

Monaco? Suzuka?

Suzuka is my favorite track so I'd pick it. It has a good balance of straights with two reducing radius curves, a hairpin and the "let's separate the players from the posers" esses.

Interesting, what IS the best non-race/rally/touring/tuner/race-mod street car? Some of the concept cars, like the Cadillac Cien have listed/adjustable downforce so they may not qualify as street cars. Also, you can add a rear wing to most street cars. Does that qualify? Actually, the Veyron has the wing that comes up when it brakes. Some cars are sold in real life as street cars but they are really race cars, like the Dodge Viper SRT 10 ACR. If it does qualify as a street car, I'd pick it as the winner. I think it would be between it and the TVR Speed 12. How about the Ford GT's. Which are street and which are race?

A lot of questions. Not that easy to categorize some cars.

Edit: I found this test at Car and Driver of the Viper ACR against other street cars, so I guess it's a street car.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._nissan_gt-r_porsche_911_gt2-comparison_tests
 
Last edited:
I'm not trying to be confrontational here, just name a fair track, so I can, for my own enjoyment, see if I can beat a Veyron.

Monaco? Suzuka?

The buggati handles fine, Some car reviewers said it just stuck to the ground. But with 1000 horsepower, Its competing with the very best, Zondas, Maserati MC12s, Koenigsegg and so on. Frankly compared to most of these supercars it cannot handle as well. The ferrari enzo can destroy this car in a hairpin. The top gear test track is said (By jeremy himself) a power-based track. how did the zonda beat it then? The reason some cars are able to survive with low power and good handling is because in a race, when entering a corner, your entry and exit speed can be higher then your bad handling muscle opponent. While exiting the corner at the higher speed, this is like a headstart, you'll be out quicker with a higher speed. The zonda was able to take advantage of those (6-8?) few corners and cut its times with better cornering ability. This is becoming more of of a speed vs handling debate, but overall, given the buggatis great power/weight ratio of around 500hp/ton, it still fails to perform in cornering like some 400-500hp can.



Suzuka is my favorite track so I'd pick it. It has a good balance of straights with two reducing radius curves, a hairpin and the "let's separate the players from the posers" esses.

Interesting, what IS the best non-race/rally/touring/tuner/race-mod street car? Some of the concept cars, like the Cadillac Cien have listed/adjustable downforce so they may not qualify as street cars. Also, you can add a rear wing to most street cars. Does that qualify? Actually, the Veyron has the wing that comes up when it brakes. Some cars are sold in real life as street cars but they are really race cars, like the Dodge Viper SRT 10 ACR. If it does qualify as a street car, I'd pick it as the winner. I think it would be between it and the TVR Speed 12. How about the Ford GT's. Which are street and which are race?

A lot of questions. Not that easy to categorize some cars.

Edit: I found this test at Car and Driver of the Viper ACR against other street cars, so I guess it's a street car.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._nissan_gt-r_porsche_911_gt2-comparison_tests

A street car is able to have wings or spoilers.. If your wondering what the best stock-street car is (in the game), then adding a wing would invalidate it.
Some cars are street cars that also have racing variants, some cars are street legal cars that could very well be race-grade cars like the gumpert apollo, Maserati MC12, CLKGTR street model. etc..
 
Veyron 16.4 does 7:40 at Nordschleife according to this article I found online which appears to be a magazine scan ...

Wheels-Veyron-Dec05-Pg3.jpg
 
Veyron 16.4 does 7:40 at Nordschleife according to this article I found online which appears to be a magazine scan ...

probably not an all out lap as in GT5 it can do 20s, about the same as an Enzo. granted GT5 laps cannot be taken as a fact but seeing most my laps in other cars match up to the real world time quite well, I think the Veyron can go faster in that test.

I don't think it is a great handling car, in mid corner yes it is stable, but braking and turning in is what you would expect with a car of this weight, you have to brake really early and settle the car down before you turn in, and the problem is compounded with any elevation change. It also isn't great with changing direction rapidly, the front would turn in but you then grab a load of mid corner understeer. Power on understeer is pretty much expected with high power AWD though.

The benchmark of great handling production car IMO is the NSX-R, the Veyron is only about 70% as good in corners, well in my impression that is.
 
I would say the Viper SRT8 is probably the best value. 100k for 600+HP. In real life, its probably the Shelby GT500.
 
Ehhh... I don't get the point. What does Cr for HP have to do with anything?
 
Ehhh... I don't get the point. What does Cr for HP have to do with anything?

Well, HP is a very good indicator of a car's performance atleast in some dimensions, so I would assume you would want a car that is good value for your money.
Also, another entry, Tommy Kaira ZZII.
 
Back