CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

I was thinking the Medium tires might be the way to go. If I knew the course like the back of my hand and wanted to do the "Bat out of Hell" thing; I'd run the sorts for 1 lap. But seeing that I'm always making mistakes, Mediums it 8s.

The 2 laps i did, the softs were going a nice orangey red on the rears after 3/4 of lap 1, slip n slide all the way....I'll give it a go on mediums later, for sure they'll be more consistant. ;)

Well this week appears to be no different in my performance. I'm 9 seconds off the pace as usual.

The only new thing is, I had increase the FOV. With only 1 screen, I'd be driving blind at a 1:1 FOV.
42979582415_eaae8621c8_o.png

1:50.227

But that's the best I've got in the 40 or so minutes I had to run the sim and make this post.

43166580894_b40af7f74a_o.png

So if I'm faster than you, you're wrong!

:lol:

I'm going to stick with a 1:45.736 cause AC is really playing silly buggers on my PS4 - either the steering gets screwed up (180 degrees lock to lock) or it crashes loading the track. I've already reinstalled it once this weekend, but the problems are back.

Assetto Corsa_9.jpg

I'm going to stick with a 1:45.736 cause AC is really playing silly buggers on my PS4 - either the steering gets screwed up (180 degrees lock to lock) or it crashes loading the track. I've already reinstalled it once this weekend, but the problems are back.
If you're on the G29 there's a known bug in steering.
Don't go into wheel settings when you load the game (or when you load the TT), never go into the wheel or FFB settings; when you do the bug will occure.
Besides, whenever you drive a high/fast steering car (meaning low angle lock say like F1) and then you go directly to drive another regular car you will still have the same steering as in the F1 car.
That sucks and you will have to restart AC to be able to enjoy the regular steering in the regular car.
Hope that helps.

Desk didn't show up, PS4, cables, TV, and anything else i didn't mention still in several areas.....So no other chance to try and improve, never mind!! :P

Here's the results of the TT in the Lambo at Zandvoort:

@Georgeagea 1:41.188

@nosoks 1:41.752

@HammyMansell 1:43.342

@SpaceBreed 1:43.346

@Dopplegagger 1:46.269

@Slapped 1:45.736

Well done to you all.....The next AC TT will start from next Tuesday, the 14th of August!! ;)

Now that this time trial is over, I assume a discussion about Zandvoort is now appropriate. I rarely ran this track on my own, probably due to bad memories from playing TOCA back on the OG Xbox. I never gave this course a second chance. So I was very surprised to find the track to be one of the more enjoyable courses in the sim. It was also interesting to see how little time I spent in a turn if I hit the apex. Where turns seemed to drag on forever, like Mugello; Zandvoort's turns felt like minor inconveniences. One quick dip into the apex, and it was back on the throttle.

I am sure the Hurican had a lot to do with that as well, the car is incredibly stable. That gave me leagues of confidence when chucking it into a corner. It took a lot to upset the balance, and it also felt like it had grip even when the tires were howling. I was impressed.

I now have a new found respect for Zandvoort and the Hurican. Even though I am not completely smitten with the looks of the Hurican.

Now that this time trial is over, I assume a discussion about Zandvoort is now appropriate. I rarely ran this track on my own, probably due to bad memories from playing TOCA back on the OG Xbox. I never gave this course a second chance. So I was very surprised to find the track to be one of the more enjoyable courses in the sim. It was also interesting to see how little time I spent in a turn if I hit the apex. Where turns seemed to drag on forever, like Mugello; Zandvoort's turns felt like minor inconveniences. One quick dip into the apex, and it was back on the throttle.

I am sure the Hurican had a lot to do with that as well, the car is incredibly stable. That gave me leagues of confidence when chucking it into a corner. It took a lot to upset the balance, and it also felt like it had grip even when the tires were howling. I was impressed.

I now have a new found respect for Zandvoort and the Hurican. Even though I am not completely smitten with the looks of the Hurican.

Yes mate, Zandvoort is a great track. And it's the only one in the game that isn't laser scanned, it is in fact a modded track from PC, but Kunos were so impressed with its accuracy and detail, that they paid the developer that created it so they could put it in the game.

To me it's a great track to test cars on, as it has all types of corners, and is just plain fun too. The Porsche 911 R, the Alfa Stradale, and Ferrari 312 60s single seater are just super around there!!

By the way, does everyone here have the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack?

Last edited:
Yeah I have everything in AC and in PC2! I buy those DLCs to discover later that I barely drove half of those cars :banghead::lol:

I'm the same @Georgeagea .......I discovered the Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious 2 Eleven the other day on AC....A gem of a car around Nords and Mugello! I'd never driven it until now.....

Expect more DLC themed TTs coming up gents, both here on AC and PCARS 2 also.

The new Assetto Corsa TT is:

The 1967 Ferrari 312/67 At Mugello!!!

1200px-Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg

1200px-Mugello_Racing_Circuit_track_map.svg.png

Conditions:

Time: 12:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 28C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end next Sunday night, the 19th of August, good luck! ;)

Last edited:
It's a tad lively isn't it - so much so I found myself googling "Ferrari 312/67 lives claimed"

Hahaha you're right Slapped!! Like a wet dog on lino, slipidy slide indeed!

My opening gambit, 1:59.788

39146084_10217321379967760_82246343090765824_n.jpg

Real patience needed with this great car, point it straight, then gradually gas it, otherwise you're in the wall!!

Back