CRAP Club Assetto Corsa Time Trials!! - New TTs, Sometime In The Future!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter HammyMansell
  • 1,533 comments
  • 153,232 views
I hate this car honestly

I'm actually finding it a bit more approachable than the last couple of AC cars that we've had, but yeah I know what you mean.

Anyway here's an invalid preliminary of 2:27.453 - invalid cause it's in practice mode (to hell with that ghost car). I've only done 4 laps so still need to learn the track properly.

Assetto Corsa_7.jpg
 
The old car does not take transitions well. Most of my effort was spent on trying to convince the car not to oversteer when going through turns 2&3, 4&5, 6&7, 10&11 and 13. Then the old tires made sure the sweepers were their own slices of hell. I didn't feel like I was moving fast at any point in my session. But I did manage to bring the historic car across the line at 2:24.340

42268527755_72b17d630d_o.png


Albeit on the last lap I ran, before beaching it in the sand outside of turn 3.

43172786861_e367d51a5c_o.png


This time, I'm not going to project what my ultimate time will be. I'm going to run hard, and accept the results. If I beat the 2:24.340 then I am happy, if not then this will at least be a learning experience. Now to get use to this car's character.
 
if you're using clutch and shifter on this one be sure to bring some extra gearboxes :D

Surprisingly, I'm not having a problem with shifting this car. Granted, I do not have a shifter so I am using the clutch pedal and the paddles on the wheel rim. Usually I'd grind the heck out of the gears in a manual, but I haven't missed a cog so far. Maybe I'm getting use to my Jerry Rigged setup?
 
@Dopplegagger if damage is on full you get 2 missed shifts and then your tranny is toast :indiff:

Here is my first go at this "sun in yer eyes" event, was up a bit before landing in the kitty litter 2:19.312

View attachment 748772

Slip those shades on man!! :cool:

I've got a rotten cold, haven't touched the PS4 for a week nearly. I hope to try tomorrow on Thursday if i'm feeling better, and tweek the FFB to see if i can get the feel back on AC, like before.
 
I had a 2'18.041 and thought that I had saved the replay, but I somehow failed at that, so I had to go back and beat that time. A 2'16 might be possible in the right hands, given enough time.

36732337_2133309043407405_673338296625004544_o.jpg
 
Is it me, or is anybody else unable to get the brakes to lock up? I changed the brake linearity curve, and still the brakes don't seem to be capable of locking. What gives? I tried to brake late, but when I do, I get the feeling that I'm trying to anchor an Aircraft Carrier with a spoon and an arm span of fishing wire.
 
I locked up the brakes easily, but then I am using the PS4 version.
 
Is it me, or is anybody else unable to get the brakes to lock up? I changed the brake linearity curve, and still the brakes don't seem to be capable of locking. What gives? I tried to brake late, but when I do, I get the feeling that I'm trying to anchor an Aircraft Carrier with a spoon and an arm span of fishing wire.

Yes mate, the car is very "soft", and maybe for being an oldie, the brakes aren't very effective (judging by the braking distances it's fair to say that :D ). I'm gonna give it a go today!!

Nice times chaps!
 
Yeah it's great isn't it, a car with ABS before ABS was invented ;)

I'm on PS4 and couldn't lock the brakes at all on when I was running in practice mode

And on that note I'm going to have to bow out of this one as this TT has happened on school nights, and I'm going to be way too busy doing RL things tonight.

See you all in the PC2 TT, which I assume is kicking off tomorrow.
 
Here's the results of the TT in the old Lambo Muira at Mugello:

@MasterGT 2:17.865

@nosoks 2:18.017

@HammyMansell 2:18.667

@Dopplegagger 2:24.340

Well done to you fellas that had a go, and as predicted, another 1 2 for the "Good Old Boys" :D The next Assetto TT will be from next Thursday, the 12th of July!
 
Life got in the way this week. Maybe next week I'll be able to get within a tire's diameter of you guys.
 
Under 6 minutes stock. Not a 5'25 though. :crazy:

 
Hmmm, I thought that I was posting in the CRAP TT thread. Are there two of them?
 
Hmmm, I thought that I was posting in the CRAP TT thread. Are there two of them?

Yep, one for AC and one for PC2 - the PC2 XJR-9 is happening here

But hey, I think we've all got mixed up at one point or another ;)
 
The new CRAP Assetto Corsa TT is:

The Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale at Vallelunga!!​

dsc_0203_1.jpg


Autodromo_Vallelunga.svg.png


Conditions:

Time: 11:00h
Weather: Clear
Temp: 28C
Track Condition: Optimum

To be done in "Hot Lap" mode using the above conditions, with stock setup, factory settings and 0% Stability Control, although you can adjust tyre compound, fuel and brake pressure. Post an in game screenshot of your time for it to count. This TT will end next Monday night, the 16th of July, good luck! ;)
 
Back