CRAP GT6 - GT500 Sat 7 Nov 9pm EST (GMT-5)Open 

well...

the first time, i started way back from the line. all the way back till the last corner despite clocking the fastest lap in a stealth GTR. barely half a lap, i got booted...

rejoined and heathen was kind enough to restart the race for me (sorry guys) delaying an already late game. i changed car knowing that there was a bentley speed 8 on track. we had a short 2laps qualifying which i clocked the fastest. yet again, i started at the exact same spot as the first time, wth?! race starts and my car was laggy throughout. couldn't judge the braking and entry points. i can see heathen asking for me but was too into the game trying to handle the lag and making up for lost time. 6 laps later, i got booted again.

sent a psn message to heathen telling him what happened and did not rejoin the lounge since i'm encountering problems andnot wanting to delay the race any further.

and that's my story...

Hmm. That's disappointing Ken. Although I can see the headlines now.

"CRAP forerunner's chances ruined at the inaugural CRAP Enduro by crap internet!"

tris_73
Hmm. That's disappointing Ken. Although I can see the headlines now.

"CRAP forerunner's chances ruined at the inaugural CRAP Enduro by crap internet!"

^^this = :lol: !!!!

I just did a lap on CH tyres LMAO!!! I don't recommend it :lol:

So kids. What was the wash-up for the enduro? Was it fun? Going on Ken's experience, did it work at all? Spa is up next, so it would be good to iron out any bugs before then.

Last edited:
tris_73
So kids. What was the wash-up for the endure? Was it fun? Going on Ken's experience, did it work at all? Spa is up next, so it would be good to iron out any bugs before then.

Apparently some racers could not see each other which was odd, aside from that & Ken's issues it went well. The Speed 8 unsurprisingly crushed our GT's & congrats to Johnny who raced very well.

A bit disappointed with the lack of drivers but that happens & I'm sure it don't be a regular thing.

Bring on Spa!!

there are some bugs but im not sure what they are. first Johnny couldnt get in the room, then we switched host and he got in, then ken gets the boot in the first race, we restart and ken gets the boot in the second race, then johnny explains after the race that he couldnt actually see me and someone else on track or in the classifications. i hope heathen got the right finishing order i saw, (mainly cause i finished 2). It'll all work out and we'll get this thing running like a well oiled machine eventually.

When the race started the first time I think I saw 4/6 cars, including myself. Second race I saw 3/6. I hope I didn't run any invisible cars over...lol. I'm usually good with connections, I am even hard wired with a CAT6 cable and this invisible car thing doesn't usually happen to me. I really enjoyed the track although the narrow technical part was tough to pass on, even when someone moved over to let you by...lol. Probably the best track creator track I've run on, good job Heathen.

I got the idea for the Bentley from you Ken...lol. I came into the lounge couple of days ago and I saw you and someone else in a Bentley and a Mazda 787B when I first got there and figured that's what everyone would be running. I ran a couple of laps in my GT-R and we ran a short race and then later I tuned up the Bentley for the track and ran it for a few laps and figured that was my car. I almost switched back to the GT500 car but I didn't have it set up for the track, it was a bit loose in the back end, had no time to tune it in the few minutes left before the race and I didn't want to struggle for 50 laps, so I went back to the Bentley.

Official results:

1st: Yuritardid
2nd: e10rice
3rd: BenNiven83
4th: davidb_165
5th: Heathenpride
DNF: ken4228

I have started a thread in the GT5 photo mode forum for all C.R.A.P racer to post and comment on photomode shots from endurance races and also all races you have shots from...even real cars or sim racing setups you have or want...

there are some shots from today's enduro up there now if anyones interested :)

OK. So because I am jealous that I couldn't be a part of the race this morning, I'd like to start thinking about the next one. So here's a suggestion for the floor to think on.

Spa - 50 laps
Any car with adjustable front and rear downforce (I feel that this is almost necessary for proper enjoyment of Spa), which is capable of getting to 600PP with the use of a maximum of 5% engine limiting.
RH or RM tyres

Thoughts?

Also suggestions of date and time would be great.

I have started a thread in the GT5 photo mode forum

Nice pics mate. 👍

OK. So because I am jealous that I couldn't be a part of the race this morning, I'd like to start thinking about the next one. So here's a suggestion for the floor to think on.

Spa - 50 laps
Any car with adjustable front and rear downforce (I feel that this is almost necessary for proper enjoyment of Spa), which is capable of getting to 600PP with the use of a maximum of 5% engine limiting.
RH or RM tyres

Thoughts?

Nice pics mate. 👍

thanks tris, i'll keep updating with new pics each endure, and any good ones I get while racing with our other C.R.A.P affiliate's :)

Johnnypenso
I got the idea for the Bentley from you Ken...lol. I came into the lounge couple of days ago and I saw you and someone else in a Bentley and a Mazda 787B when I first got there and figured that's what everyone would be running. I ran a couple of laps in my GT-R and we ran a short race and then later I tuned up the Bentley for the track and ran it for a few laps and figured that was my car. I almost switched back to the GT500 car but I didn't have it set up for the track, it was a bit loose in the back end, had no time to tune it in the few minutes left before the race and I didn't want to struggle for 50 laps, so I went back to the Bentley.

ya. i did tested a few LM cars and was able to shave 9 secs off what the GT500 can do on every lap. but i decided not to use them as everyone else are pitting GT500s.

ended up driving my stealth GTR in stock configuration.

perhaps i will share with u guys on a league that i had participated before.

1) same car category with PP capped
2) penalty @ light to penalise corner cutting and some cars contact.
3) person with highest bandwidth host will host with the maximum players capped at 12.
4) 1hr qualifying.
5) damage @ heavy.

in the end, players from all skill levels ranging from the pros to the 1hr/day players joined and found it really enjoyable.

the heavy damage works wonders imho. once damaged, the technical handicap stayed on permanently till the next pit. it kept all of us on our toes and especially on the first corner, everyone lined up nicely to pass through it. overtaking were also done in a swift and safe manner so as not to cause damage to oneself and others. some players even opted to start at the last of the grid to avoid the mayhem which usually occurs at the first corner.

in some races, even the pros finished slower than the average joes because they tend to push harder sometimes resulting in crashes which caused damage to their cars. they then have to decide pitting and losing a huge chunk of time or bear with it and drive on with a crippled car.

the above is just purely for sharing...
in the end, only fun factor and the company matters...

Ha, I just took a look at the pics on the photo thread and saw JohnnyPenso for the first time! After about the 3rd corner on the first lap my race score showed that I was breifly in first place, but I wasn't thanks to invisible Johnny! :lol:

It was weird. Even after the race when we were all chatting I coudn't see him in the results, and in the drivers list he appeared as if he was still loading (with the diagonal bars).

Again, thanks to everyone for a good race. Would love there to be more competitors though.

:)

Those are some really good points Ken, and some good reasoning behind them.

Definitely agree with this one.
Also agree with this. I think we should look at implementing penalties of some sort, at least in the 'organised' races. While this group is set up to allow casual people a place to race each other without the threat of being kicked for swapping a bit of paint, there's also learning to be a better racer. If all that happened when corners are cut or others bumped off-track is a "don't worry about it mate" then there is no incentive to learn.
3) person with highest bandwidth host will host with the maximum players capped at 12.
How would this sit with the current setup of the CRAP rooms
4) 1hr qualifying.
Seems a mite excessive since we are probably giving everyone a lot of notice as to the vehicle restrictions and track for the endurance races.
5) damage @ heavy.
Probably goes with my comments re the penalties, but as I'd probably spend most of each race limping back to the pits after meeting a barrier backwards, perhaps the magic mechanics of the light damage are better IMO.

Oh and no-one got any other suggestions about the spa enduro?

I would throw in a few any-car PP capped races for variety. I have seen a competitive but fun race in which a Ferrari 458 lost by <0.01s to a Schwimmwagen. :lol:
👍
👍
4) 1hr qualifying.
Uhm... I may not even make qualifying... :nervous:
5) damage @ heavy.
👍

in the end, only fun factor and the company matters...
👍

Some good ideas & suggestions here guys. I've a few in M & email too & a couple are lengthy so will take a bit of time to get to, leave it with me for a day or two & I'll write something up in reply & we can go from there.

Spa - 50 laps
RH or RM tyres

Thoughts?

To add to this, I just did a bit of quick testing at Spa, and found very quickly three cars which with stock settings are capable of sub 2:20 lap times on RM tyres. So if this is the way we go for the Spa enduro, it will be a sub two hour race. There are also many more cars available at this level.

tris_73
To add to this, I just did a bit of quick testing at Spa, and found very quickly three cars which with stock settings are capable of sub 2:20 lap times on RM tyres. So if this is the way we go for the Spa enduro, it will be a sub two hour race. There are also many more cars available at this level.

GT500 cars are always enjoyable.
or maybe it's just me... :lol:

Yes, GT500 fits these regs pretty perfectly, as do the DTMs. None of the three I tested quickly were either of these though. ;)

tris_73

Great work mate keep it up!

I was actually thinking that at some point, Spa if you it's a good idea, to all have the exact same cars. Only oil change and RM tyres fitted... What you guys think?

On another note I tried my hand at a public room and farq me it was awful for the first half hour til I got host status. A room labelled "fair racers" that was full of hacks & chumps for the most part :( there were some clean racers but only 2-3, very disappointing.

Took the room occupants on two shuffle races at Oaklands (Ken appeared at this point & then left?) and it went well. First corner was nuts & I anticipated that & hung back and rolled in 6th or 7th in race one in a Viper ( FYI, NEVER use one on that track) & I won the second by 4-5 seconds, can't recall the car but it was unwieldly at best!

Hopefully next time the C.R.A.P rooms are occupied because I'd rather race you lot any day compared to most of the drivers I met tonight!!

Double posting but I gotta share this: Cheers to the total tosser driving the wrong way on Coté and ruining what felt like a pole position lap... some people are total oxygen thieves!

That's the difference between C.R.A.P and a lot of others; that stuff just doesn't happen on a track full of C.R.A.P !

I was actually thinking that at some point, Spa if you it's a good idea, to all have the exact same cars. Only oil change and RM tyres fitted... What you guys think?

I'm all for one make races, but how about this? In the lead up to a scheduled enduro, there are a few scheduled shorter races, say 15 laps, of the track the long race is to be on. These could be the one make races with tuning restrictions turned on. Everyone could then get more experience on the track (especially if it's to be a custom job). Then when the full race happens, it's restricted only by PP and tyres so everyone can choose a car they are more comfortable driving for a long period of time.

If I could add my $0.02CDN...

Don't forget about the lower PP levels. Some of the best, closest, most exciting racing I've had is in the Cappuccino Cup at 479pp and in the 450ppSportSoft Street Tuners Club. No you won't be blasting down the straight at 350 km/h but you should have closer,tighter racing and it is a little more relaxed, although at lower PP levels, just as much or more precision is still needed to get good lap times. It's not as easy as you might think. Racing at 600 pp is fun, but even that gets boring after a while. I like GT500 as much as the next guy and running Ferrari's and Lambo's and other supercars, but I also enjoy my RGT at 450pp, my S2000 at 500pp, my Lambo Countach at 550pp etc. Let's mix it up a bit, and drive a wide variety of the 1000+ cars available.

You guys seem to be all for the Enduro format and that's fine, but I'd like to suggest some shorter races as well. Hard to get 3 straight hours free to begin with to play the game, and I'm sure it would scare some guys off to have to commit to that length of time. Running a series of 10 lap sprints for example, give you the opportunity to have time to work your way around a field if necessary and it's long enough for tire wear to come into play on some tire/car combinations. Guys might make 1 or 2 or 3 races and still enjoy it. Or 15 laps or 20 laps, depends on the track. Reverse grid means you don't need to qualify between races, the new guys start in front, and the faster guys have to work their way through the field, with plenty of time to do it, works for everyone.

The one make/stock race theme is great, just make sure you pick a car/tire combination that is fun to drive with reasonably good handling out of the box. I signed up for the Spec Miata Series recently on SS tires and the car was a slow, understeering boring slug, that was definitely not fun to drive and after thinking about committing to driving that thing for a few weeks, I decided to pass. Not all cars are fun to drive stock. And remember, once you do chassis reinforcement, engine upgrading or weight reduction, you can no longer get into "no tuning" races with that car. No permanent upgrades or changes are allowed. Sure wish PD had either allowed the upgrades to be reversed or taken them off the car for "no tuning" races and then I wouldn't have a garage full of cars I can't use in Spec racing!!!

I'm not a fan of heavy damage. You can get hit hard from behind and your car is destroyed through no fault of your own. Get squeezed off into the guardrail, the squeezer just drives on, your car is destroyed. Yes people drive more carefully, but incidents do happen, we have various driving and tuning skill levels here, and all to often, the person getting hit suffers as much or more damage as the hitter. If we need to worry about people crashing and banging in this whole private lobby set up, then we might as well scrap this idea and go back to open lobbies...lol.

Last edited:
Johnnypenso
If I could add my $0.02CDN...

Don't forget about the lower PP levels. Some of the best, closest, most exciting racing I've had is in the Cappuccino Cup at 479pp and in the 450ppSportSoft Street Tuners Club. No you won't be blasting down the straight at 350 km/h but you should have closer,tighter racing and it is a little more relaxed, although at lower PP levels, just as much or more precision is still needed to get good lap times. It's not as easy as you might think. Racing at 600 pp is fun, but even that gets boring after a while. I like GT500 as much as the next guy and running Ferrari's and Lambo's and other supercars, but I also enjoy my RGT at 450pp, my S2000 at 500pp, my Lambo Countach at 550pp etc. Let's mix it up a bit, and drive a wide variety of the 1000+ cars available.

You guys seem to be all for the Enduro format and that's fine, but I'd like to suggest some shorter races as well. Hard to get 3 straight hours free to begin with to play the game, and I'm sure it would scare some guys off to have to commit to that length of time. Running a series of 10 lap sprints for example, give you the opportunity to have time to work your way around a field if necessary and it's long enough for tire wear to come into play on some tire/car combinations. Guys might make 1 or 2 or 3 races and still enjoy it. Or 15 laps or 20 laps, depends on the track. Reverse grid means you don't need to qualify between races, the new guys start in front, and the faster guys have to work their way through the field, with plenty of time to do it, works for everyone.

The one make/stock race theme is great, just make sure you pick a car/tire combination that is fun to drive with reasonably good handling out of the box. I signed up for the Spec Miata Series recently on SS tires and the car was a slow, understeering boring slug, that was definitely not fun to drive and after thinking about committing to driving that thing for a few weeks, I decided to pass. Not all cars are fun to drive stock. And remember, once you do chassis reinforcement, engine upgrading or weight reduction, you can no longer get into "no tuning" races with that car. No permanent upgrades or changes are allowed. Sure wish PD had either allowed the upgrades to be reversed or taken them off the car for "no tuning" races and then I wouldn't have a garage full of cars I can't use in Spec racing!!!

I'm not a fan of heavy damage. You can get hit hard from behind and your car is destroyed through no fault of your own. Get squeezed off into the guardrail, the squeezer just drives on, your car is destroyed. Yes people drive more carefully, but incidents do happen, we have various driving and tuning skill levels here, and all to often, the person getting hit suffers as much or more damage as the hitter. If we need to worry about people crashing and banging in this whole private lobby set up, then we might as well scrap this idea and go back to open lobbies...lol.

wow... :lol:

I too agree that we need to figure out a way to all race in similar type's of cars. Having a speed8 downtuned to 550bhp didn't seem to be in the 'spirit' of the race to me. most guys were practicing on gt500 and similar cars. in the future make sure to cap the % engine downtune allowed.

gt500 (or gt300 are great for racing) on suzuka or Fuji
touring cars on Nurburgring
F1 or LMP or TC's on Spa would all be fun setups and similar to actual races.
and dont forget those Carts. that new track could be fun for racing. they may be slow, but they feel like 700hp cars on the right track :) certainly gets my adrenaline pumping when i drive it. stupid game needs a mirror in cockpit view though :banghead:

and i like the idea of sub 400 HP classes/races (or sub 300) . those seem like they'd be very competitive races.
if you want to bring guys from all skill levels together, try some basic cars on some of the city circuits. like the stock arcade golf's on london. had some fun amateur races like that.

The Mazda TC that came with the DLC pack could make for a fun race for a variety of skill levels.
anyway, just my thoughts.
i hate that i missed the enduro because i had to go to a kiddy birthday/dinner party argh!:grumpy:
I was turning sub 2:35 laps on oakland park with Psycho-Tuber last night. he found a nice 548bhp car for that track.

we also need to figure out how to get the casual race lounge filled up. it's always empty, but maybe it's just my time zone. hope to see you guys out there 👍

Last edited:
Having a speed8 downtuned to 550bhp didn't seem to be in the 'spirit' of the race to me. most guys were practicing on gt500 and similar cars.

Some people just don't get it, here's a conversation that happened in a lounge.
"what are you guys running?"
"Lotus Europas @450pp"
"Oh.. I don't have one"
"Get something comparable then"
"OK"
Next thing you know there's a freakin detuned NASCAR on the track.............
"GET OUT"
BLOCK is the answer

Sorry for the lengthy silence there - some interesting discussion to keep abreast of here, I see.

Shame I couldn't make the fun after all - my chosen car would have dominated last place without a doubt :)

Back