CRAP pCARS ClubPS4 

Do you prefer racing in CRAP pCARS with Penalties on or off?

• Penalties On

Votes: 57 75.0%
  • Penalties Off

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ty2
Pretty **** patch in my opinion

Sure ace, obviously the bugs in the game are deep in the programming, now way they can fix them until Pcars 2 comes along. At least they've fixed the pit bug at Silverstone Classic, now we can race there more. :)

Let's just see how many more things that get broken/changed in the next patch! :lol::lol:

We will just get bug fixes for now. At least that major bug should be fixed now. Also fixing handling problems and rebalancing performance/tyres is good stuff. Not introducing new features but making the most of what the game does.

Software updates often cause other unforseen problems. It's just the nature of software development.

Also @Zakspeed_TV it doesn't really matter to us online CRAPpers whether we have a separate class for GTE as we can just set a GT3 room up and tell people to only choose the GTE cars. We're an honest bunch.

Penalties - discuss please

On that matter I'd like to hear your thoughts on whether we should consider turning penalties off. No CRAP members seek to take an advantage when they are off. Pens on in public rooms is normally a necessity but all of us know what is expected when we drive together in Private CRAP lobbies. I thoroughly enjoyed my few races on controller last night but there were a couple of mistakes that were punished by silly penalties. It is much easier to self regulate on penalties than use the penalty system in game. No games get it right and although Project Cars has a better system than most it's still fallible. Automatically easing off of the throttle to negate advantages made by a cut corner is better than a few over harsh Penalties applied by a computer. Watch my race at Imola and I suspect @RHINO2K/demon's at Oulton Park. Is there anything that we'd miss by not having them on?

Let's continue making the most of what we've got in the game as it is. I suspect CRAP pCARS may not be the fastest (Zakspeed excluded) but it is probably the busiest and best bunch of Project Cars mates/rivals out there. Even those of you who have ocassional run-ins manage to patch things up. It's credit to the whole lot of you.

We will just get bug fixes for now. At least that major bug should be fixed now. Also fixing handling problems and rebalancing performance/tyres is good stuff. Not introducing new features but making the most of what the game does.

Software updates often cause other unforseen problems. It's just the nature of software development.

Also @Zakspeed_TV it doesn't really matter to us online CRAPpers whether we have a separate class for GTE as we can just set a GT3 room up and tell people to only choose the GTE cars. We're an honest bunch.

Penalties - discuss please

On that matter I'd like to hear your thoughts on whether we should consider turning penalties off. No CRAP members seek to take an advantage when they are off. Pens on in public rooms is normally a necessity but all of us know what is expected when we drive together in Private CRAP lobbies. I thoroughly enjoyed my few races on controller last night but there were a couple of mistakes that were punished by silly penalties. It is much easier to self regulate on penalties than use the penalty system in game. No games get it right and although Project Cars has a better system than most it's still fallible. Automatically easing off of the throttle to negate advantages made by a cut corner is better than a few over harsh Penalties applied by a computer. Watch my race at Imola and I suspect @RHINO2K/demon's at Oulton Park. Is there anything that we'd miss by not having them on?

Let's continue making the most of what we've got in the game as it is. I suspect CRAP pCARS may not be the fastest (Zakspeed excluded) but it is probably the busiest and best bunch of Project Cars mates/rivals out there. Even those of you who have ocassional run-ins manage to patch things up. It's credit to the whole lot of you.

Oh no, not WhiteLineGate again!! :lol::lol: #Deja vu!!

But yes, the penalties can be harsh at times...............

(@Football67611) ? By chance lol
I have 10 min quially followed by 10min races which is and hour of races so if we start 7 at latest gives use 30 mins to play with be there or be square
Yeah man ours will only take an hour so we will be fine mate! Allstyles was saying he isn't going to me your races in case you missed that mate.

Thank you guys for being so helpful. I am not trying to be a premadonna, should be good to go. I was thinking Moo's event was later. :cheers:

@admoo will you announce the cars a little before so we can setup the FFB or will we know when we are in the lobby? Either way all good!

Guys my wheel went bye, bye today. I am waiting to send to a buddy in a few days to see if he can fix it. I plugged my wheel in after it felt funny the last couple of days. It pulled so hard right, something snapped and then continued to center, then violently right. It will not stop, no matter if I try to update it, unplug it, it's done.:indiff:

Bad stuff regarding PSN.

On a brighter note the PCARS Dash app update due soon has a huge load of some great changes coming.

I've been testing it for the developer CJ and it includes some autozoom options for the map option. Also the app will allow us to track best laps for all cars at all tracks (something we can't do in game due to leaderboard limitations on console versions). It won't be limited to time trial mode so will include fastest laps when racing.

Last edited:
image.png
Guys, I sent a message to Thrustmaster on their Facebook page, about my broken wheel. If you would please like and comment on it, I would really appreciate it. Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 20

Latest Posts

Back