"Crappy Replay" 05/15/2006 Mr Deap Video thread

• Thread starter Mr Deap
  • 87 comments
Mr Deap
New video with Widge. I have some trouble to upload it in Putfile, so download it with sendit.

Very good stuff ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ crazy angle one time in that AE86.
Also great image quality (color accuracy & brightness ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ )

The only thing I loathe about this vid is the soundtrack :crazy:
but one cannot please everybody... :sly:

The video quality was good for an xlink video. The resolution and what seemed like a lag free replay were nice to see. Props for the editting. Did you have to alter the speed any to account for the lag?

Thoughts about your drifting. Nice cars, always nice to see the S2000 in there :). My honest opinion, the drifting was mediocre in comparision to your Enthusia videos, the distance drifted and opposite lock obtained were short.
I've seen your enthusia videos and I think you must still be transistioning over to GT4. ๐Ÿ’ก

Who was who?
I'm guessing here, correct me if I'm wrong, but you must have been the S2000, Silvia, and AE86 :)
I've Drifted with Widge before and I those videos do him no justice because I've xlinked with him before. I think its only fair if you are going to xlink with someone, that at least display some of the other players drifts in there too, share the camera focus ;)

BreakerOhio
The video quality was good for an xlink video. The resolution and what seemed like a lag free replay were nice to see. Props for the editting. Did you have to alter the speed any to account for the lag?

Thoughts about your drifting. Nice cars, always nice to see the S2000 in there :). My honest opinion, the drifting was mediocre in comparision to your Enthusia videos, the distance drifted and opposite lock obtained were short.
I've seen your enthusia videos and I think you must still be transistioning over to GT4. ๐Ÿ’ก

Who was who?
I'm guessing here, correct me if I'm wrong, but you must have been the S2000, Silvia, and AE86 :)
I've Drifted with Widge before and I those videos do him no justice because I've xlinked with him before. I think its only fair if you are going to xlink with someone, that at least display some of the other players drifts in there too, share the camera focus ;)

Yep, you got it all right!๐Ÿ‘

I made new video. I tried to put it unde 25MB, but it came .6MB to big, so I uploaded it rapidshare for those who like my video.

The new video:

The Asian Driving

I wont say the music is weird but it doesn't fit the theme of the video (good to see someone try something different). Good job keep it up!

Nice drifting, man. The first course I ever tried to drift was Tsukuba. I never really, mastered it, and moved on to other courses (obviously), but i'll look back into it this weekend. I noticed that a lot of your drifts were really wide, and you lost power near the end of a few of the corners, but good job nonetheless.

Is there any pun intended in the title of the video "Asian Drifting"...as in Asians can't drive or something?

i'm just joking :lol:

Vid was alright. I think you should try out the 200 degree mode before you do the 900...that WAS 900 degree mode right?

ForcedInduction
Is there any pun intended in the title of the video "Asian Drifting"...as in Asians can't drive or something?

Vid was alright. I think you should try out the 200 degree mode before you do the 900...that WAS 900 degree mode right?

Hahahaha, to both statements, seriously. Its a common stereotype that asians, particularly those of old age, are bad drivers. Im asian myself, so Ive had a fe experiences... But yeah, that was 900, right?

ForcedInduction

Do you have any Asian friends?

You know... when we drive, we listen to that kind of music sometime to cool off the mood.

Edit
The question is.. Why should I change to 200 degree?

Mr Deap
Do you have any Asian friends?

You know... when we drive, we listen to that kind of music sometime to cool off the mood.

Edit
The question is.. Why should I change to 200 degree?

Yea, I'm korean myself. I was just messin with ya.

I'm thinking 200 degrees would be alot easier with less wheel turning. I haven't driven with a DFP yet but when I do, I think the 200 degree mode is a great starting point.

ForcedInduction
Yea, I'm korean myself. I was just messin with ya.

I'm thinking 200 degrees would be alot easier with less wheel turning. I haven't driven with a DFP yet but when I do, I think the 200 degree mode is a great starting point.

In GT4 when you inertia first & after you keep you steering straight at full throttle, the car doesn't take any angle. You have to countersteer to make more angle. Though, once you steerback, the car maintain the line where you slide. Press the brake a bit, the car do more angle during countersteering.

In a real car when you inertia first & after you keep you steering straight at full throttle the car goes 180 degree. You have to countersteer to prevent to go 180 degree & keeping the angle of the car. Though, once you steerback the car turn more. press the brake a bit , the car front tires grip a bit, so you can goes to the other side.

This is why I drift better in Enthusia.

Mr Deap
In GT4 when you inertia first & after you keep you steering straight at full throttle, the car doesn't take any angle. You have to countersteer to make more angle. Though, once you steerback, the car maintain the line where you slide. Press the brake a bit, the car do more angle during countersteering.

In a real car when you inertia first & after you keep you steering straight at full throttle the car goes 180 degree. You have to countersteer to prevent to go 180 degree & keeping the angle of the car. Though, once you steerback the car turn more. press the brake a bit , the car front tires grip a bit, so you can goes to the other side.

This is why I drift better in Enthusia.

Not all FR cars behave that way. If you have the right tuning done, the car will handle like a real car.

N35QU1K
Of course, any car can be tuned in real life to have the same feel as its video game counterpart... But that's beside the point.

Why would you tune a real car in basis to the video game? I'm talking about tuning the car in the video game in basis of real life so it handles like a real car.

ForcedInduction
Why would you tune a real car in basis to the video game? I'm talking about tuning the car in the video game in basis of real life so it handles like a real car.
Well, like I said, its beside the point, so yeah, whatever. And i dunno, maybe if I ever get my own 86, i'll wanna make it feel as close to the way mine does in GT4.

N35QU1K
Well, like I said, its beside the point, so yeah, whatever. And i dunno, maybe if I ever get my own 86, i'll wanna make it feel as close to the way mine does in GT4.

I really doubt it is possible to tune a car that it would handle like GT4 or vice versa. :lol:

Drifting is so weird in GT4.(You can bash me if you want. BUt from what I've written earlier, you cannot change what I said from my experience)

Mr Deap
I really doubt it is possible to tune a car that it would handle like GT4 or vice versa. :lol:

Drifting is so weird in GT4.(You can bash me if you want. BUt from what I've written earlier, you cannot change what I said from my experience)
Yes thats the key to GTP, different people sharing the same ideals in different ways!:)

adding the putfile hosted vids to the Drift Video Directory. Although they aren't necessarily permanent links, it only takes 1 view every 6 months to keep the file alive.

Back