Create a... LM Race Car!

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 37 comments
I've got some more LMs.

Mazda RX-7 FD3S GT1 LM Experimental
Engine: Eunos Cosmo 20B Race Tuned 3-Rotor (N/A Conversion standard; Optional Stage 3 Twin-Turbo system w/ Anti-Lag)
Power: 591hp @9000rpm (N/A) 695hp @8700rpm (Twin-Turbo w/ Anti-Lag)
Redline: 9500rpm (N/A) 8900 (Twin-Turbo)
Weight: 993kg
Appearance: Based on the FD A-Spec w/ normal race car stuff (diffuser, canards, splitter, big GT Wing, etc.); livery similar to the 787B, but with different color options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda NSX-R GT1 Turbo LMP
Engine: Race Tuned C30A Twin-Turbo (displacement-increased to 3.6L)
Power: 699hp @9600rpm (restricted:scared:)
Redline: 10200rpm:crazy:
Weight: 908kg:drool:
Appearance: Exactly the same as the NSX-R GT1 Turbo from GT1 (the game:tup:), but the body style of an LMP car. Almost like a fusion of the NSX-R racer and an LMP like the GT-One.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda NSX-R GT1 Turbo LMP
Engine: Race Tuned C30A Twin-Turbo (displacement-increased to 3.6L)
Power: 699hp @9600rpm (restricted:scared:)
Redline: 10200rpm:crazy:
Weight: 908kg:drool:
Appearance: Exactly the same as the NSX-R GT1 Turbo from GT1 (the game:tup:), but the body style of an LMP car. Almost like a fusion of the NSX-R racer and an LMP like the GT-One.

I like it... I think it would end up looking like the Honda equivalent to the Nissan R390 GT1.

========================================

Name: Chevrolet Corvette C4 LM
Livery: A Black & Silver Livery reminiscent of the "GM Goodwrench" IMSA GTP Corvettes of the 1980's. (As seen here: http://image.vetteweb.com/f/9018129/vemp_0610_09_z+early_corvette_turbos+imsa_gtp_prototype.jpg

Visuals:

SH-JMGatebilB-11.jpg

SH-JMGatebilB-12.jpg

Engine: 7.0 Liter, Normally-Aspirated V8
Drivetrain: Front-Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive
Horsepower: 667
Torque: 603 Lbs-Ft
Weight: 2,579 Lbs

No real description, just a Beefed-Up version of the various C4 Corvette RM's (ZR-1 '95, Coupe '96 & Grand Sport '96) with better handling, lighter weight and MUCH more downforce.

========================================

Base Car: Vauxhall Astra 2.0 16V

Modifications: Lengthen wheelbase between rear arch and doors. Mid-mounted 6.2 V8 from Chevrolet. RWD conversion. Wider front and rear tracks.

Visuals: White, red and blue livery based on simple stripes and colour blocks. Primary sponsorship by PUMA, secondary by BBS, Toyo and Gran Turismo. Curvy wheel arches and modern lighting within the standard units. Subtle roof-mounted air intake. Rear wing designed to compliment the car's original shape, similar to the high model from the 2002 GSi model. Wheels would be BBS aero-discs, similar to the ones from the IMSA Audis.

EDIT: Like this.

Great idea for a thread.

Last edited:
Vector W8 LM Edition

Drivetrain: Lamborghini 6 speed gearbox (Still using original W8 engine but modded)
Power: Around 700-800 bhp to match up to the M12 LM
Weight: 1100 ibs
Livery: The same livery as the M12 LM Edition does

Indeed, raced in DTM. I have a road-going Coupe, which thanks to the car above, I 'recreated' in Forza 4.

Bumping up an old thread, but I have a lot of ideas for this. I used to waste time as a kid drawing made up LM versions of cars from GT2 and GT3, so this thread is a gold mine for me :D. I recently found an old drawing I did of a GC8 Impreza STi of some description with a Raybrig livery - albeit, misspelt as 'Rayberg' :boggled:. So, here are just a few ideas I've concocted:

Toyota Starlet Glanza X LM Race Car

Engine: 2.0 litre 3S-GTE (from the older Supra JGTC cars)
Drivetrain: MR
Power: 540 BHP
Transmission: Sequential 6-speed
Weight: 900 Kg
Body: Similar to the Glanza V's race mod, but much wider with ventilation to accomodate the mid-engine layout and huge tyres.
Livery: Same as the KP61 Turbo S' race mod, but with more sponsorship.

Road car/homologation equivalent
Power: 310 BHP
Weight: 920 Kg
Body: Same as the race car's but more refined, with smoother bumpers. Has 6-spoke Speedline alloys.
Colour: Super White II

Mitsubishi Lancer Super Evolution LM Race Car
Engine: 3.0 litre 6G72 (from the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4/GTO Twin Turbo)
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 615 BHP
Transmission: 6-speed straight-cut dog box
Weight: 1,000 Kg
Body: Based off of the Evo VI. Huge wheel arches, with a roof scoop, massive front splitter, rear diffuser and big rear wing for maximum downforce. Similar to a Time Attack car.
Livery: Same as the Winfield Evo V rally car: http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/383028/DSC01465.jpg

Power: 350 BHP
Weight: 1,100 Kg (interior would be the same as an Evo VI RS)
Body: Taller variant of the regular Evo VI wing, lengthened rear bumper to make up for the lack of an external rear diffuser, and no roof scoop. Has enlarged Evo VI GSR wheels.
Colour: Scotia White

Nissan Silvia Spec-ZTR LM Race Car
Engine: 2.6 litre RB26DETT N1 (from the Nismo Skyline GT-R LM)
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 588 BHP
Weight: 1,050 Kg
Body: Based on the S15 Silvia. Very similar to the Daishin JGTC Silvia, but with a wider track.
Livery: Similar to the Xanavi Hiroto JGTC GT-R: http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/c/c7/Nissan_xanavi_hiroto_gt-r_01.jpg

Power: 312 BHP
Transmission: Regular R34 GT-R 6-speed
Weight: 1,302 Kg (interior is the same as a regular Silvia, but with R34 GT-R seats and an integrated roll cage)
Body: Same as a stock Spec-R Aero, but with wider arches and vents around the rear lights which are not functional. Has R34 GT-R wheels.
Colour: Sparkling Silver Metallic

This last one isn't a Le Mans-spec car, but I can't think of anywhere else to put it.

Peugeot 406 Turbo 16 4x4 Pikes Peak Edition
Engine: Twincharged varaint of the 3.0 litre ES9-J4S (Peugeot's V6 found in the normal 406)
Drivetrain: 4WD (engine is mid-mounted)
Power: 986 BHP
Weight: 890 Kg
Body: Based on the 406 Coupe. Wing and splitter are similar to the 405 Turbo 16. Wide bodied with ventilation.
Livery: Same as the Pioneer livery on the 405 T16.

Subaru SVX (or Alcyone SVX) has always been one of my favourite cars in the first two games. Unfortunately it's maybe a bit too heavy for higher level races, however...

Subaru SVX LM Edition
Engine: 3,3 litre 6-cylinder boxer still at the front, now with two turbochargers. Power: ~600hp
Transmission: 6-speed sequential, fully customizable
Drivetrain: 4wd
Chassis: Now features double wishbones all round. Four wheel steering (some Japanese-market versions had this) is also used.
Body: Based on the Racing Modification, but now with larger and wider wheel arches for larger and wider tires. Also an extra diffuser at the back. Interior is completely stripped for racing use and some body panels and interior parts are made of composite materials. Weight: 1100kg.
Colours: Two liveries. First and more common one is the early 90s Subaru livery with red, green and some purple on a white body. The another one would be an Impreza-like livery with dark blue and yellow with gold wheels. This livery would be rarer than the first one.

Back