Create an "LM Race Car"

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by iluvgt4, Sep 7, 2010.

1. iluvgt4

iluvgt4

So, GT4 has quite a bunch of "LM Race Cars", which are only fantasy race cars made to GT regulations. There are quite a bunch of them (Jag XJ220, Mazda RX7, RX8, and others). Why not create your own GT4 LM Racer? I saw some making their own LMs in my other create-a-thread (Tankuroded to name one) It will be a fantasy car anyways, so just make it illogical [within reason] as you want.

Here's mine:

Dodge Ram LM Race Truck

Specs:
    Regular Cab
    850kg weight
    MR drivetrain

Engine: Same on as in GT4's Ram 1500, but with twin turbos and 800 hp (Stage 4 turbo ups it up to 1200)

Colors: Plum Crazy, Hemi Orange, and some other classics.

And it retains the 200 points glitch.

No, the engine would be under the bed.

Sounds like a fun one. But I never saw A CX-7 in GT4. I saw the MX-Crossport, which I believe is the precursor of the CX-7, but no real CX-7.
    And there's no LM label. Still sounds like an LM to me. Nice choice of livery too. I like that livery. But why not also offer the orange and green livery of the 787B? It's seen on the RX8 LM too, so why not spread the livery?

Sounds awesome. What to drive if you can't get an FGT.

A real wolf in sheep's clothing?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    MrWaflz55 and BJahalt88 like this.
  2. tankuroded

tankuroded

Engine on the cab? :drool:

Anyway, thanks for crediting me for the original idea! :gtpflag:

And here we go:

Mazda MX-Crossport GT Rally Raid Car

Spec: Just a stronger engine (550hp :drool:), better suspension, meaner grip, lighter (1024kg :sly:). Everything else is kept but interior (obiviously).

Livery: Either from the Familia/323/Protege Rally Car (which was featured in GT2 with white/purple-green-blue lines as the color) or the infamous 787B (orange/green color).

:):tup:

EDIT:

Oh. I see. I really confusing cab and bed. :dunce: :ouch:

:dunce: Yeah, I must be noobed-out. This has since edited through my phone. :ouch:

About livery issue, I have updated the post again. :) I decided to use Familia livery because it's displaying Mazda's little-known rallying spirit. ;):tup:

BJahalt88 likes this.
  3. White & Nerdy

White & Nerdy

Dodge SRT4 LM Edition. FR drivetrain. About 400-500 HP or whatever is typical for an LM Edition of that weight.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  4. Akmuq

Akmuq

Mini cooper s lm. 3 litre engine with supercharger generating 400hp and weight reduction to 500 kg. That's 800hp a ton and it's light so it will handle. Actually I think I'll put on some brakes and better suspension. This will be better than an ariel atom.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  5. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

I've actually had a few of these in my head for a while now. I hope no one minds if i list them all...
    ====

Cizeta-Moroder V16 LM Race Car.

Specs: The Moroder V16 LM would use the same chassis as the road car (Per the GT rules), but with improved an suspension and drivetrain, not to mention prodigous amounts of downforce from the rather-wild aerodynamics package. The weight was also reduced to 1100 Kgs thanks to liberal use of Carbon Fibre throught out the car.

Engine: A specially modified version of the already-potent 6.0 Litre V16, producing around 630 HP and with improved throttle response throughout the rev-range.

Colors: The V16 LM would be available for purchase in Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, Black or White with each car carrying a different number. There would also be a secret seventh racing livery done up in the same colors as Cizeta's Badge, but would only be available if you win a certain race series...

====

W12 Nardo Concept LM Race Car

Spec: The W12 Nardo Concept LM would feature a slightly upgraded engine, A full aerodynamics package (Including a rear wing, front splitter and rear diffuser) and drivetrain improvements. The car would weigh in at 1120 Kgs.

Engine: The Nardo Concept LM's signature 6.0, Normally-Aspirated W12 would get re-worked to produce 672 HP and 520 Lb/Ft of Torque and is driven through a 6-speed transmission.

Colors: The Nardo Concept LM is not for sale, but has been shown in Orange, Matte-Black, Silver-With Green Accents, Yellow-With Black Accents, White-with Red Stripes and Blue-With-White Stripes.

====

I'll post some more soon...

BJahalt88 likes this.
  6. tankuroded

tankuroded

:idea: I got some idea now.

Dome Zero LM Race Car

Spec: 700hp+ and 962kg with stiffy suspension.
    Livery: Normal silver with few orange accents.

:)

BJahalt88 likes this.
  7. DK

DK Premium

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R KPGC10 LM
    Basically a Skyline GT-R JGTC in a KPGC10's body, with all parts sourced from the JGTC Skyline, excluding the engine, which would be the naturally-aspirated V8 from the current JGTC GT-R R35, and it would have a mock-Group 5-style bodykit.

Edit: Forgot the paint job. The paint job would be white, grey and red, matching the colours worn by Nissan mechanics in GT5 Prologue.

Suzuki Cappuccino LM
    Sporting the 200hp engine from a Hayabusa, as well as a stratospheric redline, you have to wonder, "Why not?"

Edit: The paintjob would be like that of the Suzuki Escudo, and it would have some sort of fantasy Super GT bodykit.

Honda Life Step Van LM
    Built to the same specifications as the famous "Armageddon Van," capable of wiping out entire armies. Useful if you want to depose Kim Jong-il.

Edit: The paintjob would be the normal boring shade of blue that the normal vehicle has, so the authorities can't spot you. :sly:

BJahalt88 likes this.
  8. Snake55wildcat

Snake55wildcat

Callaway C12 LM Race Car
    With an all american livery and two super chargers ramping this beast up to 700+ HP, you'll have no worries taking over the competition with its brute force and magnificent growl of its engine, with a lightweight carbon-fibre body, highly-improved suspension and MR drivetrain conversion, it'll be the ultimate in american awesomeness.

[Disclaimer: I am not american in anyway, i just thought this would be a cool idea :dopey:]

Doomotron and BJahalt88 like this.
  9. Prince.M5

Prince.M5

BMW M5 LM

Chassis:
    The M5 will use the same chassis as the normal E60 M5's steel monocoque but it has been enhanced into GT rules. The car will use an extensive use of Carbon Fibre and aluminium parts all throughout the car and is expected to weight around 1400KG. The aerodynamics has been desinged and engineered by BMW Motorsport to ensure better aero efficiency and better downforce. The suspension also has been redesigned to ensure reliability, stability and stiffness for endurance racing.

Engine:
    The BMW M5 LM is powered by a Bi-Supercharged Naturally Aspirated V10 producing around 800 horsepower and 800 Nm of torque with over 10k RPM available. The engine also has been retuned further for better efficiency and to ensure better reliability in able to last the whole race distance.

Colour and Livery:
    As usual per BMW Motorsport's White base, with Blue and Red stripe.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  10. GeeTeeR

GeeTeeR

Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren LM Race Car

Same engine, perhaps tuned very slightly.
    Weight of about 1050-1100kg.
    I'd like some big spoiler and widebody kit (Not too ricey though)
    And make it matte black, with a racing number at the side with the Gran Turismo logo.Nothing else.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  11. tankuroded

tankuroded

Honda City Turbo II GT Rally Car

Spec: Closest to Group A regulations.
    Livery: White with Honda decals almost everywere. ;)

Hyundai Clix LM Race Car

Spec: 440hp, 962kg, many aero parts, larger tire.
    Livery: Blue and silver with Hyundai logos on hood, side and back.

:mischievous::sly:

BJahalt88 likes this.
  12. fbccars924

fbccars924

71 Chevelle ss 454 Prostreet Dragster
    A slightly extended Frame making the nose longer
    C5R(race tuned 427) engine replaces the 454 as it would also be swapped to a twin turbo set up producing roughly 1300hp tuned.
    Livery will be a two stages choices First is you can choose stock style or racing. Stock will allow for the choice of all the available paint colors and racing will be the same plus it adds stickers and the window writing seen on most Drag racing cars.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  13. Akmuq

Akmuq

Fiat 500f lm. A Fiat 500f with an enzo engine in it.

But seriously I think we should make a competition out of this. Like at the end of the week we vote on who's is the best and next week we have a different style of car to make. It would be like the picture caption competition for f1.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  14. notsofast

notsofast

Great thread idea!

Nissan 300ZX (Fairlady Z) LM racer. 1000kg weight with Xanavi Nismo Z engine (with more power though apprix 650hp) and widebody kit. Inspired by the IMSA 300ZX that Steve Millen used to race but looking more modern. Downforces levels similar to if not more then the Xanavi Nismo Z.

Paint Scheme close to 350Z LM racer.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  15. Andy GT

Andy GT

Ralli-Art Strikedown Eclipse (D1GP, Limited Edition) '99

Engine is slightly tuned (to 378bhp) and the car was given a RWD layout. The car is a drift-style car based on the '99 Eclipse GSX.

Livery: Red with white accents and black roof. Available for purchase @ Cr. 62,810

RUF RGT LM Race Car '03

RUF RGT with 500+ bhp engine.

Livery: Some FIA GT3 Liveries. This car is not for sale. To win it, beat the Nurburgring 24 Hours with 10 DIFFERENT European Road Cars.

Mini Cooper S LM Race Car

Take a Mini Cooper S, and give it a Lister Storm engine (Road Car from GT2, 591HP V12) and you have this car's performance.

Livery: Black with White Stripes, White with Red Stripes, British Racing Green with White Stripes, Red with White Stripes. Available for Purchase @ Cr. 1,000,000.

Special Livery: Black with Red Stripes. After you buy this car with one of the colors above, a new championship is unlocked: Limited Mini World Cup (Mini Manufacturer event). Win it to get a Mini Cooper S LM Edition in Black with Red Stripes.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  16. iluvgt4

iluvgt4

Ford RS600 LM Edition

Mid-engine, 4WD like the regular RS200

Engine: Still a 1.8 liter turbo four, but heavily modded to make 600 horsepower

Weight: Around the weight of the Del Sol LM from GT1 and 2

Liveries: BP (hopefully without the oil spill), Mazda 787B-style livery, but in red and black, and the Gulf livery from the GT40 Race Car.

And yes, you can rally it.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  17. RVDNuT374

RVDNuT374

Cadillac Cien LM Edition

Engine: slightly tuned to 850 hp
    Transmission: stolen from the Nissan GT-R LM (no more shift lag)
    Drivetrain: stock MR layout
    Livery: 3 variations of the Cadillac LMP scheme, including a black version
    Availability: Purchase for 1,200,000 or win at Dream Car Championship
    Misc.: has full 63/88 downforce

18. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Some more LM's...

====

Honda Odessey LM Edition

Engine: A 3.0 Litre, Normally-Aspirated F1-Based V10producing AT LEAST 800 HP at a positively giddy 20,000 RPM. :drool:

Drivetrain: The Odessey LM would be Mid-Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive with the engine sitting where the rear seats would normally be and is driven through a 7-Speed Lifted right out of the back of a Formula GT.

Livery: The BAR-Honda 006 F1 Car's "Tobacco-Free" livery modified to fit the line of the Odessey's body (The Lucky Strike/555 logos replaced with "Luckies").

Availability: Not for sale...The car can only be won by winning the Super GT Championship in a Honda or Acura-badged car.

Misc.: The Odessey LM isn't really a "Race" car, more of a demo car to draw attention on Honda's (Now-Defunct) F1 effort (Ala The Renault Espace F1). However, there's no rules saying the car CAN'T be raced...

====

Lancia Stratos Evolution LM Race Car

Engine: An Alfa Romeo-sourced 2.5 Litre V6 (Rumored to be from an old Alfa DTM Racer) Turbocharged to produce 560 HP.

Drivetrain: Mid Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive with a 6-speed transmission.

Livery: The Iconic "Alitallia" Red, White & Green with Yellow or Red Wheels & Mirrors (And different Numbers!) or a "Malboro" Red & White with White Wheels (Without the Malboro Decals of course!).

Special Livery: An all-Carbon-Fibre-bodied car with a Black Roof, Wing and Front Splitter along with White Lancia branding.

Availability: You can Purchase it for 1,500,000 Cr. or win it in a Special Livery at the Dream Car Championship.

Misc.: The Stratos Evolution LM was built to honor the original Sratos Gr 5 Silhouette that raced briefly in the 70's. As a result, the Stratos Evo shares more in common with a Lemans Prototype than a Regular Stratos: It has a longer wheelbase to help cure the Stratos's "hyper" handling habits and has a wild-but-modern Aerodynamics package.

====

BJahalt88 likes this.
  19. tankuroded

tankuroded

Like GT1/GT2 Eclipse RM? :scared:

20. Stiggy

Stiggy

Alfa Romeo 156 LM

Power: 280-290hp

Drivetrain: FF

Livery: Choice of two liveries; the livery from the 155 Touring Car (DTM) and the livery from the 156 WTCC car.

Comments: Touring car similar to the Mazda 6 LM and Honda Integra LM.

Mercedes E55 AMG LM

Power: Approx 600hp

Drivetrain: FR

Livery: The livery from the 190E EvoII touring car.

Comments: This car would show what DTM cars could have been like if they didn't go to a silhouette formula.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  21. DK

DK Premium

In other words, you have to throw out all the seats to fit in the engine. :sly: :lol:

On-topic:
    Honda Beat LM
    Engine: A B16B, producing around 186hp and 118ft-lb of torque.
    Transmission: Also from a Honda Civic Type R.
    Weight: Around 550kg excluding fuel and passengers.
    Bodykit: Let's just say it looks like someone shrunk a NSX.
    Paintjob: Inspired by the Autobacs NSX.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  22. C-ZETA

C-ZETA

Toyota MA70 Supra LM Race Car '88

Power: 375hp
    Weight: 1,300kg
    Drivetrain: FR
    Livery: Both RM liveries from GT1 as options.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  23. Akmuq

Akmuq

You have to sit on the engine.

24. Dan360

Dan360

Nissan 350Z race car. I know that there was a concept, but mine will be better: Engine, 5.0 litre V6, twin turbo and producing 700+ bhp and 650 ft/lb. Bodykit, small grills on the hood, big bumper and big grills, large air intake on the wheelarches, two 2-inch exhausts and touring car-like spoiler. Making it look good is another challenge. Paint: Gloss white with big, red circle on the hood. This is to resemble the japanese flag. I will try to make the car using a racing game.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  25. tankuroded

tankuroded

It will be hot to sit down in the engine! :yuck: :scared: :lol:

26. fbccars924

fbccars924

^ it would be sorta like riding a hoss fly barstool. 305cubic inches of barstool fun

27. iluvgt4

iluvgt4

Subaru 360 LM Race Car '59

MR (make more room for the engine somehow so it's in front of the rear axle)

Engine: Impreza WRC engine (whichever one has the most torque), souped up to 360 horsepower.

Weight: 150 kg

Make it handle even better than an FGT, so fast that it can take a hairpin at 150+.

Colors: Blue like the Special Color Subaru 360 won from the 360 Race.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    BJahalt88 likes this.
  28. tankuroded

tankuroded

So, who's left this slept? :grumpy:

Subaru Legacy Wagon Touring Car '99

Spec: 310hp, 1022kg, better suspension and gearing.
    Livery: Blue with Subaru and Gran Turismo logos almost everywhere.

:)

BJahalt88 likes this.
  29. fbccars924

fbccars924

Dodge Ram Rally Raid Truck.
    Viper V10 from the team oreca
    livery: USHRA raminator monster truck.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  30. iluvgt4

iluvgt4

Haven't I made you before?