Cricket: The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Casio, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Stotty

Stotty Premium

All out for 60. Broad takes a scarcely believable 8 for 15.

I've seen a few embarrassing batting performances by England over the years, but never have I seen a side bat so poorly against us.

This one could be over in 2 days.

S_Bridge and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  2. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

It's hard to believe this is the same Australian team that beat us by an innings at Lords. :odd:

JohnScoonsBeard and S_Bridge like this.
  3. polysmut

polysmut Premium

I have a ticket for Sunday. I might not need it now. :eek:

JohnScoonsBeard and Stotty like this.
  4. Stotty

Stotty Premium

I think there's about 0.00000000000000001% chance this game will make it to day 4!

S_Bridge likes this.
  5. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

This is the worst Australian collapse since Helen Daniels fell down the stairs in 1992.

6. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

England have won the Ashes by an innings on day 3 of the fourth test:bowdown:

7. polysmut

polysmut Premium

England won the fourth test by an innings to secure a series win & win the ashes. :)
    That might seem fussy but fussiness in cricket is important.
    So is beer. :cheers:

England have won the toss and elected to field.
    That's twice in two test matches if I remember correctly?

No Jimmy Anderson again for England.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  8. polysmut

polysmut Premium

Australia win the 5th Test by an innings and 46 runs.
    The consolation win maintains their position of 2nd in the world test rankings above England who are 3rd.

England win the ashes series 3-2

9. PinkKitty13

PinkKitty13

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to another series that is currently going on: New Zealand vs South Africa. It has currently been a back and forth series. In the T20 matches, SA won the first by 6 wickets, before NZ struck back, winning the second match by 32 runs.
    It has been just as even in the ODI matches, with SA winning the first by 20 runs while New Zealand won the second by 8 wickets. The deciding match of the series is today/this morning/evening wherever in the world you are. I'm sure we can expect an equally close and exciting match this time.

Finally, just a side note: did anyone watch New Zealand chase down Zimbabwe's 235/9 in their ODI series? Possibly one of the most intelligent and well-batted chases I've ever watched. The Blackcaps finished 236/0 with almost 8 overs to spare

S_Bridge likes this.
  10. polysmut

polysmut Premium

11. adamp93

adamp93

That is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard of. Some talented 15 year olds playing against inexperienced 13 year olds and deliberately running them into the dirt. Then the coach has the audacity to say he wanted the world to recognise him as a coach.
    Some of those boys will probably never want to play cricket again but at least you satisfied your own selfish needs.

12. polysmut

polysmut Premium

That is bad news. It wasn't mentioned in any of the 3 articles I read on the matter. :(

13. adamp93

adamp93

14. Barra333

Barra333 Premium

I guess you have to do some pretty extreme things to get noticed in a nation of 1 billion. Shame it comes at the expense of the 11 other kids who may never want to play cricket again.
    And since they declared at 3 down, and bowled out the other team for next to nothing, there is a good chance that there are one or two players on his team that didn't bat or bowl in the match. Can't be much fun for them either.

15. adamp93

adamp93

These past few days have had everything I want from cricket. Ben Stokes doing Ben Stokes things, Jos Buttler doing Jos Buttler things, Australia losing badly and a Mankad. What more could you want? :lol:

16. polysmut

polysmut Premium

Who performed the Mankad to whom? I haven't seen any of the games.

17. Barra333

Barra333 Premium

U19 World Cup. Zimbabwe were 9 down and needed 3 to win off 1 over

S_Bridge likes this.
  18. polysmut

polysmut Premium

Winston Anthony Lloyd Cozier, journalist and broadcaster, born 10 July 1940; died 11 May 2016
    1592.jpg

Obituary

19. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Wonderful commentator

S_Bridge likes this.
  20. adamp93

adamp93

I grew up listening to him on all cricket from the West Indies, he always did a fabulous job. I hope there's a tribute to him at the start of the Caribbean premier league.

21. polysmut

polysmut Premium

22. polysmut

polysmut Premium

23. Barra333

Barra333 Premium

Pretty ordinary performance from the Aussies there. Not entirely sure it would top the underarm thing for the darkest day though.

24. Lizard

Lizard Premium

Well we are getting absolutely destroyed right now.

25. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

There are days when I like cricket and then there are days when I love cricket. Chec out @bbctms’s Tweet:

polysmut likes this.
  26. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

cricket doesn't exist in Australia any more!
    First the whole ball tempering now it's changed channels on TV and there not televising the one day games WTF!!!
    :banghead::mad:

27. adamp93

adamp93

Is it not all on Fox? They even chipped in a bit to extend the BBL to full home/away schedule.

28. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

It's on fox, that's the problem its not all on free TV anymore. Foxtel paid them more money so free TV can't play the one day games.
    STUPID FOXTEL

29. adamp93

adamp93

We haven't had England games FTA since the 05 Ashes. We get various T20 leagues (and the T10) and Pakistan games on some free channels. Having said that, Sky coverage is brilliant and has pumped so much money into the game so I'm definitely not going to complain about having to pay for it.

bjl23 likes this.
  30. polysmut

polysmut Premium

I listen to England test matches on the radio and occasionally attend some, and some amateur matches. I've barely seen any televised cricket since Sky took it all.