Cricket: The Official Thread

• Thread starter Casio
  • 297 comments
India are completely pathetic. Weather barring, 4-0 and series whitewash.

I agree, their attitude in this series has been shocking, they just don't look interested at all and have performed badly with the bat, ball and in the field.👎
England on the other hand have been great, although it's hard to judge just how good they are at the moment without any pressure being put on them. After the Sri Lanka series, I was looking forward to Engand getting a good test from India, if anything they have played worse than Sri Lanka.:yuck:

And they have dropped Kumar, who probably has been the pick of the bowlers. For a team that started the series as number 1, they seem a right clueless bunch.

So a little thing called the Ashes start tomorrow, perfect reason for a thread revival! :dopey:

I cant wait for it to start, there's been so much build up!...

Great stuff by Agar, the highest ever score by a #11 batman ever!, Hugely impressive!

But you get the feeling he wont be #11 for the rest of the series...

But you get the feeling he wont be #11 for the rest of the series...

Well, he was bumped up to #8 for the second innings. But the way our batting line-up is going :indiff:, wouldn't be surprised if he is promoted up the order again for the second test. :lol:

Great stuff by Agar, the highest ever score by a #11 batman ever!, Hugely impressive!

Could've been the first ever #11 to reach a century but you know, s:censored: happens...

Overall, match 1 was s:censored:, and if this is a continuing trend throughout the ashes then I see no point in watching it: poor decision-making and overreliance of the review system :rolleyes:. The fact that Broad didn't walk-when clearly out fair and square (more so than the last wicket beforehand) shows complete dishonesty and disrespect to the game: an insult.

It's amazing how two weeks ago we were in disarray as the coach was replaced; now we lost by 15 runs due to a dishonest opponent-if anything their team is just as weak as ours.

The one thing I would like to see next match is new umpires-ones that can actually PAY ATTENTION :dunce: and make the RIGHT DECISIONS :dunce: (without the review system of course :dunce:)

So...Australia regains The Ashes :D

I knew they would, England have been coasting for a while now and that was never going to be good enough in Australia. The team has been in decline ever since Andy Flower decided he felt like being a part time coach.

I knew they would, England have been coasting for a while now and that was never going to be good enough in Australia. The team has been in decline ever since Andy Flower decided he felt like being a part time coach.

Australia showed potential in the England series but did not capitalise because they would throw it all away over a single session. I think they have more or less finalised their batting order now, which gives much needed stability.

England at the moment are too defensive - they try not to lose before they try to win. Clarke is more aggressive and tactically astute than Alastair Cook, which I think has contributed significantly to this series.

Never even noticed Ashes were on. Anyway England in classic form are failing. 23-5 right now. Wow.

What an incredible Ashes series. I'm glad to have been able to witness it. Nothing compares to Mitch rippin them in with the crowd behind him!

So the Twenty20 World Cup starts on Sunday and I was thinking of starting a thread for it or do you want to talk about it here?

WOW!!

A bit disappointed to miss the game that just happened. After ZIM beat UAE earlier, the equation in the IRL v NED game was that Ireland had to win to make the main draw, while the Netherlands had to win BIG.
Ireland scored 190, and to make it through, Netherlands had to get the runs in a little over 14 overs. After breaking a record for most runs in the first 6 overs (91), they pulled it off. The Dutch scorecard looks a bit like a video game - 31 off 15 balls, 63 off 23, 40 off 22, 45 off 15...

England lose their first game to New Zealand by nine runs via the Duckworth/Lewis method after the NZ innings was rained off by a ferocious thunderstorm!

I think this defines the term unlucky dismissal

And after their heroics to beat Ireland, Netherlands have just been bowled out for 39, comfortably the lowest ever T20I score.

ENGLAND HAVE JUST BEATEN SRI LANKA!!!! :cheers:

Brilliant performance and terrific by Hales who hit 116!

Where the holy hell did that come from?!, we were rubbish before today and now we have beaten one of the favourites by 6 wickets!

@acjy1985 In response to your post in the other (now closed) thread, I dont know that there would be any specific products like toe cap inserts, but I am pretty sure you can buy cricket shoes with pretty solid toe caps built in.

@acjy1985 In response to your post in the other (now closed) thread, I dont know that there would be any specific products like toe cap inserts, but I am pretty sure you can buy cricket shoes with pretty solid toe caps built in.
Thanks. It is just in the short term whilst I have a sore toe (yorker related) so not worth buying another pair. I couldn't remember if I had seen a moulded rubber outer you could add. Anyway, I think it should be better by the time the season here starts.

Back