Crispy's CSR Elite Thread: Review Final--Writeup--FAQ

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 214 comments
How about calling it a "sneak preview of the review". Just take your time then Crispy, no rush. Just wondering about everyone's plans that's all. ;)

Just got shipping conformation yesterday. It'll arrive today at about 10:30 AM. Sense it was sent yesterday, Thomas sent me a birthday present! :lol:

Just got shipping conformation yesterday. It'll arrive today at about 10:30 AM. Sense it was sent yesterday, Thomas sent me a birthday present! :lol:

Happy Burpday then. ;)
Now can you give us a piece of the "cake"? :sly:

Once I get back from school I'll give everyone a big slice of cake. I'm very anxious to get to have a go on this wheel. Very anxious indeed.

Once I get back from school I'll give everyone a big slice of cake. I'm very anxious to get to have a go on this wheel. Very anxious indeed.

Haha, you must curse at school at times like these. Enjoy mate. Winter holidays are coming up soon... soooo much time to spare. ghehe ;)

Oh yeah! Hahaha, I'll have quite a lot of time to spare during the break. It'll help quite a lot!

Awesome! I hope you have been a good boy so the box doesn't contain a big lump of coal!:sly:

please let us know when you have the box(es) in your hands!

Well, I am almost 26... I doubt I fall into the category of a kid. *scratches his head*
Still, anticipating for something like a kid is still fun. ;)

Ah well, I see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. So I've got to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Well, I am almost 26... I doubt I fall into the category of a kid. *scratches his head*
Still, anticipating for something like a kid is still fun. ;)

Ah well, I see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. So I've got to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

you are doing an absolutely right thing, and "kid" is not a bad word, I'm a "kid" myself so are all members here and always will be as long as you feel that way. Only kids can get so excited when they get a sim wheel and I can't wait to get mine.

you are doing an absolutely right thing, and "kid" is not a bad word, I'm a "kid" myself so are all members here and always will be as long as you feel that way. Only kids can get so excited when they get a sim wheel and I can't wait to get mine.

Yeah I agree I call myself a kid. I actually look at it as a sign that you're no longer fun when I no longer think of you as a kid. On another note it is pretty cool to be a part of this process.

ilonioum

I agree. When you loose sight of the child inside then you no longer can enjoy the world around you. An adult tends to over think every action and act of emotion, yet a child is straight forward and is able to show its true self without a second thought. In other words losing the child in you is like losing your emotional freedom.
At least that's how I see it myself.

37 here and definately a BIG KID

As I've always said, you don't stop gaming because you've got old ... you get old because you've stopped gaming

I'm 40 and have zero shame in admitting that I enjoy gaming as much or more now than I did when I was younger. I play quite a lot online with the Call Of Duty series and take pride in the fact that as an "old dude" I can still hand some smack talking kid his butt.

I'm 40 and have zero shame in admitting that I enjoy gaming as much or more now than I did when I was younger. I play quite a lot online with the Call Of Duty series and take pride in the fact that as an "old dude" I can still hand some smack talking kid his butt.

well, it is great to have "old dudes" like you around :)

Never admitted this before but the Christmas spirit is all around and I like it :sly:

Crispy, Happy Birthday!!! Mine is 6 days from now...

I'm pretty sure he's not the oldest around here though. ;)

I am sure (at least some) will play this song (original: Chris Rea - Driving home for Christmas) when we get free from work or school or whatever you're doing on the last day before Christmas. You will have those memories of your loved ones floating through your head while emptying your head of work and worries, just to enjoy a simple joyful evening with everyone once again, opening presents and eating a delicious home cooked meal which was prepared with a lot of love.
This one's for every that enjoys Christmas...

(ps. I feel sorry for this guy though, no family waiting for him. All he has is just his KFC burger)

41 year old gamer here. I've gaming since the commodore64 (the good old days)

The good thing about being a "old" gamer is that now i afford things like a 55" led tv and a CSR Elite. Hell i might even buy a CSW.

Like a lot old dudes the waiting for this new wheel me feel like 7 year old.

I am sure (at least some) will play this song (original: Chris Rea - Driving home for Christmas)

Not me I managed to land myself night shifts this Christmas. So on the 23rd, 24th, 25th ... I'll be "Driving to work for Christmas" :grumpy:

And on the 29th, 30th and 31st I'll also be Drivin' to work for new year :grumpy:

So BAH-BLEEDIN'-HUMBUG!

That's the joys of being a Full Time Paramedic and part time kid for ya :)

You all talk about "old" hey I am 58 year "young" :), and just feel like HoiHman, counting the hours to all the reviews.

jonboy1066
Not me I managed to land myself night shifts this Christmas. So on the 23rd, 24th, 25th ... I'll be "Driving to work for Christmas" :grumpy:

And on the 29th, 30th and 31st I'll also be Drivin' to work for new year :grumpy:

So BAH-BLEEDIN'-HUMBUG!

That's the joys of being a Full Time Paramedic and part time kid for ya :)

The joys of seeing someone else blow him or herself up during these times. Ugh... Just imagining it makes me admire you guys. Must be tough every year?
Hope you'll make up In between and after those days and return to being a kid. ;)

Aaah, I see we have a youngster in our midst. He's 58 months old. Kidding. My dad is from 30th of the last month of the 50's. So 1959. He loved sim racing as well as MMORPGs and many other games.
Anyhow, I think we are forgetting with everyone their age that the first generation of great IT minds like Steve Jobs and so on are or we're looking towards their pensions as well. What I am getting is that the gaming generation only came shortly after and those are the people now in their late 40's and 50's I reckon. So it's not that weird to see older gamers among us. I am probably one of the last that still knows what an arcade hall looks like as there aren't many anymore, except for in Japan as far as I know. Gaming has surely come a long way since the first Pong and games like Duke nukem 1. Games like Indy 500 and Grand Prix. Or who remembers Stunts?
I even played a 3D racer on the Amiga 2000 in the 80's called Hard Drivin' which was my first race game. Plus you had other games like Outrun or Fire&Forget.
I doubt many of you know what I am yapping about like an old fool, hence I'll stop this rant here. Also I think I lost my point anyway. lol

Hard Divin' What a game!!!! Probably the first ever real sim! I wasted hours and loads of 50p pieces trimng to get around that loop-the-loop on the stunt course in the Arcade Hall.

Hard Divin' What a game!!!! Probably the first ever real sim! I wasted hours and loads of 50p pieces trimng to get around that loop-the-loop on the stunt course in the Arcade Hall.

God... someone actually remembers it? I thought I was the only one. I doubt anyone here knows it. I'll get a vid.

This is such an awesome game... here's a longplay on the Amiga. 👍
Be sure to listen to the awesome intro of those days! :drool:

The Arcade version:

Last edited:
^ I kind of just teared. I used to play the demo for hours on end on my dad's monochrome AST laptop. I almost didn't recognize it in color...or with sound. haha

^ I kind of just teared. I used to play the demo for hours on end on my dad's monochrome AST laptop. I almost didn't recognize it in color...or with sound. haha

Another one for you then:

Stunts (aka. 4D Sports Driving)

And another. The first ever... Test Drive

Also to show the awesomeness of the Amiga soundchips in those days...

Jaguar XJ220 - Title Theme

Jaguar XJ220 - Repair Menu song

Jaguar XJ220 - Race Results

Indy 500 (first Papyrus game (iRacing is by the former Papyrus team))

ps. I'll stop now as I am taking over Crispy's thread. :(

Last edited:
Loved hard drivin. Also spent manh many quarters on that dam loop!

Happy birthday crispy!!!

Will be 33 on 29th of this month. I started gaming with a game called CIRCUS in activision. Still have my original NES from when they came out! Super nes, n64, ps1, ps2, original game boy, dslite, 3ds, wii and ps3 all still functioning.

Caz
Loved hard drivin. Also spent manh many quarters on that dam loop!

Happy birthday crispy!!!

Will be 33 on 29th of this month. I started gaming with a game called CIRCUS in activision. Still have my original NES from when they came out! Super nes, n64, ps1, ps2, original game boy, dslite, 3ds, wii and ps3 all still functioning.

Damn Caz, you have more stuff then I have. I'm jealous. Every use any of the old stuff still? If I was you i'd dust them off once in a while. ghehe

I got a Commodore Amiga 2000, SNES, Gameboy Pocket, DS-lite, PSP, PS2, PS3, XBOX, XBOX 360.
I know the Amiga is a computer, but it still kicked ass as a gaming 'console' in the day. The diskettes with games on them were my cardridges, and when I started the thing it asked me to give it the diskette. Like feeding cookies to cookie monster. :dopey:

Well, I probably won't be able to use my wheel tonight. It's very very difficult to get the CSR Elite onto the Clubsport Table Clamp. Does anyone have any tricks they know of to get the wheel on the easiest?

Back