Criss' Photography

• Thread starter V8Loverrr
  • 97 comments
Nice shots fellow Luxemburger.
Why did I never saw that you come from Luxemburg is beyond me!

O.M.G. Some Most of the photos are amazing :crazy:. Lying In The Grass hit me right off the bat, that one is amazing, great job 👍!

Great shot again, Criss. 👍

I've been thinking doing a bit of astrophotography, too. Any suggestions you'd care to offer?

Thanks TB!:)
Well ..:
-Use the lowest Aperture possible
-ISO about 1600-3200 (if you camera allows you)
-Tripod!
-Shutter release to avoid that the camera shackes when you hit the release button
-Devide the number 400 with your focal lenght, to see what max. exposure you can use before the stars start to do trails. (For example a lense with a focal length of 10mm, 400 devided by 10, means you can use an exposure of 40 seconds)

If you have any more question, ask:)

Use the lowest Aperture possible
Which do you think is more important - a wider shot (18mm) but at the expense of aperture (f/3.5) or a tighter shot (50mm) and more light gathering (f/1.8)?
-Tripod!
-Shutter release to avoid that the camera shackes when you hit the release button
Check, check and check. :)
Devide the number 400 with your focal lenght, to see what max. exposure you can use before the stars start to do trails. (For example a lense with a focal length of 10mm, 400 devided by 10, means you can use an exposure of 40 seconds)
This will be answered a bit by your opinion on the lens to use but going with my 18-55 at 18mm, that's a 22 second exposure and using my 50 it's an 8 second. Seems like it should be longer than that, but I suppose you want them to move as little as possible.

Thanks for the tips! :cheers:

Thanks also for the tips. Need also to try that out.

Really great shots 👍

TB
Which do you think is more important - a wider shot (18mm) but at the expense of aperture (f/3.5) or a tighter shot (50mm) and more light gathering (f/1.8)?

Check, check and check. :)

This will be answered a bit by your opinion on the lens to use but going with my 18-55 at 18mm, that's a 22 second exposure and using my 50 it's an 8 second. Seems like it should be longer than that, but I suppose you want them to move as little as possible.

Thanks for the tips! :cheers:

You are welcome!:)
Well, i'd go for a even wider lense if you prefer landscapes, I use my 10mm Fisheye most of the time. 50mm is nice for portraits.. Wide lenses are always best for landscape/sky photos:tup:

Thanks S3 Racer!:D

Thanks TB!:)
Well ..:
-Use the lowest Aperture possible
-Tripod!
-Devide the number 400 with your focal lenght, to see what max. exposure you can use before the stars start to do trails. (For example a lense with a focal length of 10mm, 400 devided by 10, means you can use an exposure of 40 seconds)
If you have any more question, ask:)

Great shot as usual... :) We have a lot of those windmills in Holland too ;) I have a slightly n00b question here... Does crop factor play a role in these calculations at all? Or is it just the focal length of the lens (not taking into account crop factor) which you use to divide 400 by?

Thanks guys!:D

Great shot as usual... :) We have a lot of those windmills in Holland too ;) I have a slightly n00b question here... Does crop factor play a role in these calculations at all? Or is it just the focal length of the lens (not taking into account crop factor) which you use to divide 400 by?

Well yes, for most cameras it is the number 400, for cameras like the 1D without the crop factor it is the number 600, since I guess most of you guys got cameras with crop sensor:)

Thanks guys!:D

Well yes, for most cameras it is the number 400, for cameras like the 1D without the crop factor it is the number 600, since I guess most of you guys got cameras with crop sensor:)

Ah thanks for the clarification... You already accounted for crop factor in your advice. 👍 Nice one... Will keep this in mind to try it out one time :D

^^ Doors Up is an awesome picture.. Really like that one and the location is perfect for those shots! 👍 Wow!

Back