cruzthemaster's Gallery 1/3: Update

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
cruz_da_boss
Welcome to my gallery! I'm just a guy who loves cars and photography, even not being a professional photographer (or something close to it). In my gallery you should expect a vast number of drifting pictures, because I love drifting. I thought that joining my 2 favourite things in GT6 would be a good idea, but you will see pictures that are not about drifting aswell. I hope you enjoy my collection of photos and I would appreciate your opinions to make me a better photographer, as long as they are constructive.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Well, welcome. And I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I would say if you can or would like to try to get into editing as soon as you can. Good editing can take time to learn and master, so starting and experiementing as soon as you can will help you build confidence and your skills as you go.

You don't have to post editing efforts if your not confident with them but just experiement along side your unedited shots could help your skills overall. Anyway thats my 2 cents. ;)

GPR
Well, welcome. And I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I would say if you can or would like to try to get into editing as soon as you can. Good editing can take time to learn and master, so starting and experiementing as soon as you can will help you build confidence and your skills as you go.

You don't have to post editing efforts if your not confident with them but just experiement along side your unedited shots could help your skills overall. Anyway thats my 2 cents. ;)

Thanks man, I know some tricks in photoshop but I'm not a pro. I might give it a shot soon. Btw I just found out how to place the photos while I was replying to you. :lol:

These are some good pics for the start. Linking to flickr is pretty straight forward as flickr provides the full url ready for copy and paste.

However, if you use the GTP System I recommend you to use the option to insert the pics in full size. :)

These are some good pics for the start. Linking to flickr is pretty straight forward as flickr provides the full url ready for copy and paste.

However, if you use the GTP System I recommend you to use the option to insert the pics in full size. :)

Yeah that might be the best solution. Thanks for the tip.

And here are they:

1st Part: Warming up

BMW Z4 Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

BMW Z4 Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg

BMW Z4 Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg

BMW Z4 Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

2nd Part: Free the Beast

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_8.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

Hope you enjoy them!:gtpflag:

Willow Springs at night. Had so much fun taking these photos!

1-Getting ready for the challenge...

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_1.jpg

2-I was a bit scared, to be honest

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_2.jpg

3-I see you...

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_3.jpg

4-Sliding in the dark!

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_4.jpg

5-Crap I did not see that!

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_5.jpg

6-Smooth finish

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_6.jpg

I could have done a pano version of the last photo, but I only had that idea now... :guilty:
Hope you like them!:gtpflag:

Well a pretty decent start with your first set. Good exposure levels and variety of angles and framing. Good to see they aren't overexposed. 👍

Set two is not quite as good, hard choice to make night shots. Especially when there's no track lights. Hard to tell where it is. And since they are all rear shots with a fair few being of similar angles it doesn't have the same variety as your first set. Mainly they could use some brightening. Sorry it that seems harsh, not my intention.

GPR
Well a pretty decent start with your first set. Good exposure levels and variety of angles and framing. Good to see they aren't overexposed. 👍

Set two is not quite as good, hard choice to make night shots. Especially when there's no track lights. Hard to tell where it is. And since they are all rear shots with a fair few being of similar angles it doesn't have the same variety as your first set. Mainly they could use some brightening. Sorry it that seems harsh, not my intention.
At all man, but that was my main idea. Maybe I was a bit repetitive in terms of angles (I just think that the rear of that car is vicious XD) and I the exposure is -5 in all photos... that's the reason. Thanks man for good criticism.

GPR
Quite a good set the big one before this night set. I quite like shots 3,12 & the pano is quite decent too. 👍
Thanks man. The pictures from that set were actually taken a while ago. I just have so many photos!

Some Route X and Toscana action for now. I might post another set today, if I have the time.

Special Stage Route X_3.jpg

Special Stage Route X_1.jpg

Special Stage Route X_5.jpg

Special Stage Route X_7.jpg

Special Stage Route X_17.jpg

Special Stage Route X_21.jpg

Toscana.jpg

Toscana_7.jpg

Toscana_5.jpg

All these are untouched, because my photoshop is completely retarded. Crashes when I open it so I'll just reinstall it.

Hope you guys like these ones!:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Great gallery my friend. Your gallery is stunning quality and clear. I like some of your angle and might use this idea. Great man. Really like it.

I quite like some of the Scud shots. And as for the RX7 edit, it's good to see you attempt some editing. 👍 It's not too bad, it kind of has a retro feel to it, which seems a little odd as a match for that car. If you know what I mean.

But it isn't badly done. I don't think it really needed the flare to be honest. It seems a bit out of place considering the middle of the day light. Overall its perhaps a little washy looking. Mainly the background. It could perhaps use a bit more dark contast for the background, I think it came out that way mainly because of the exposure, it may have been just a touch too high.

Anyway that's only my opinion. Do I think it's better than the unedited shot? Yes, I do. ;)

That's pretty cool! a couple of tips:

For the lens flare, there is a simple technique to make them look nice and less 'loud'
1. create a new layer, and fill it with black (edit, fill, black)
2. hide the layer, then place a lense flare on the original layer where you want it.
3. press Ctrl z to remove the flare, the unhide the black layer, open the filter tab, and click the very first option, which is the last used filter, and it should place the flare in parallel to where you placed it on the original picture.
then click this button:
Capture.PNG

and select 'screen from the drop down menu
that should remove all of the black form the flare.
4. now on the flare layer, go filter, blur, gaussian blur, and set the value to about 1.0, and then you should have a nice flare!

Hope that makes sense!

Back