cruzthemaster's Gallery 1/3: Update

That's pretty cool! a couple of tips:

For the lens flare, there is a simple technique to make them look nice and less 'loud'
1. create a new layer, and fill it with black (edit, fill, black)
2. hide the layer, then place a lense flare on the original layer where you want it.
3. press Ctrl z to remove the flare, the unhide the black layer, open the filter tab, and click the very first option, which is the last used filter, and it should place the flare in parallel to where you placed it on the original picture.
then click this button:
View attachment 220476
and select 'screen from the drop down menu
that should remove all of the black form the flare.
4. now on the flare layer, go filter, blur, gaussian blur, and set the value to about 1.0, and then you should have a nice flare!

Hope that makes sense!
Thanks man, I always have problems placing flares because they seem too harsh all the time.

GPR
I quite like some of the Scud shots. And as for the RX7 edit, it's good to see you attempt some editing. 👍 It's not too bad, it kind of has a retro feel to it, which seems a little odd as a match for that car. If you know what I mean.

But it isn't badly done. I don't think it really needed the flare to be honest. It seems a bit out of place considering the middle of the day light. Overall its perhaps a little washy looking. Mainly the background. It could perhaps use a bit more dark contast for the background, I think it came out that way mainly because of the exposure, it may have been just a touch too high.

Anyway that's only my opinion. Do I think it's better than the unedited shot? Yes, I do. ;)
Thanks for your advisement. I pulled some strings here and there and here is the result.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_Edit_2.png

Welcome here Cruz :cheers:
That's an interesting start with some good shots, original angles. The F430 on SSRX set is good 👍
Nice start also in the editing world :) Maybe a little bit too much yellow in your last edit but the car looks great with this contrast and the faded colors 👍 Nice license plates adding also, maybe you should reduce a little bit the luminosity of the plate to make it more realistic.

Welcome here Cruz :cheers:
That's an interesting start with some good shots, original angles. The F430 on SSRX set is good 👍
Nice start also in the editing world :) Maybe a little bit too much yellow in your last edit but the car looks great with this contrast and the faded colors 👍 Nice license plates adding also, maybe you should reduce a little bit the luminosity of the plate to make it more realistic.
Thank you for your wise words Kodje :cheers:. I actually tried to blend the licence plate as you can see in 2 and 3, but in the rest of the photos the sun was hitting the front of the car directly, so i just dropped the opacity a bit.

That's not bad at all for a first rain edit.

I like the way you've edited the sky, and the mist on the tree, it creates a good atmosphere in the scenery. The toning, the luminosity are also good and fit perfectly a rain edit. The rendering of the bodycar is also good.

The "projections" are not bad but they could be improved with some spray in addition to the "smoke".

The rain is not bad, maybe a little bit too much thin and regular.

The main "problem" is the lack of the car reflection on the road.

Maybe the original pic needs a little bit more speed effect also.

But great first try mate :cheers:

That's not bad at all for a first rain edit.

I like the way you've edited the sky, and the mist on the tree, it creates a good atmosphere in the scenery. The toning, the luminosity are also good and fit perfectly a rain edit. The rendering of the bodycar is also good.

The "projections" are not bad but they could be improved with some spray in addition to the "smoke".

The rain is not bad, maybe a little bit too much thin and regular.

The main "problem" is the lack of the car reflection on the road.

Maybe the original pic needs a little bit more speed effect also.

But great first try mate :cheers:
Thanks man, I just don't see how am I going to place the car reflection. I though about that while I was editing it but the car is in movement. My photoshop skills are not that good I think, but I'll definitely try to work on it.:cheers:

Silvia photos...wow man..I like it..its so clear . There is page on facebook VIRTUAL DRIFT COMMUNITY. Go and show them your photos because they are amazing.
Clear perfect..love it..

Rain photos - I like but this is not my type...maybe to early but I like them.
I like your ideas and angle..
every photo in your gallery have this something..
keep it up

Silvia photos...wow man..I like it..its so clear . There is page on facebook VIRTUAL DRIFT COMMUNITY. Go and show them your photos because they are amazing.
Clear perfect..love it..

Rain photos - I like but this is not my type...maybe to early but I like them.
I like your ideas and angle..
every photo in your gallery have this something..
keep it up
Thank you man.:cheers: I'm really happy that you like my photos :embarrassed:. I can go and check that facebook page.

Here is my newest set. It's about Goodwood Festival. I was doing the races again and i just thought: why not to make some type of series? So i'll be posting 3 photos of each car from Goodwood festival. Here are the first 3. I'll start with the Ferrari Dino.

1​

Goodwood Hillclimb 2014 edit.png

Goodwood Hillclimb 2014_1 edit.png

Goodwood Hillclimb 2014_4 edit.png

Hope you guys like this series!:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Here is my newest set. It's about Goodwood Festival. I was doing the races again and i just thought: why not to make some type of series? So i'll be posting 3 photos of each car from Goodwood festival. Here are the first 3. I'll start with the Ferrari Dino.

1​

View attachment 221843

View attachment 221844

View attachment 221845
Hope you guys like this series!:gtpflag:
I really like that last one! even with a lower res than at first, its still ridiculously high-detailed!

Nice work again mate :)

The trueno edit is fun :) I like the Dino set, the first one is well edited, I like the toning of the second one but maybe there is a little bit too much sharpness (or it's a special effect which give this look maybe). the last one is perfect : great composition, beautiful bokeh, nice use of the b&w and a subtle edit.

Maybe you should post your photo in bigger size to allow us see them better, why don't open a flickr (or other) account ?

For the rain edit have a look here : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/extreme-weather-edits.257791/

The trueno edit is fun :) I like the Dino set, the first one is well edited, I like the toning of the second one but maybe there is a little bit too much sharpness (or it's a special effect which give this look maybe). the last one is perfect : great composition, beautiful bokeh, nice use of the b&w and a subtle edit.

Maybe you should post your photo in bigger size to allow us see them better, why don't open a flickr (or other) account ?

For the rain edit have a look here : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/extreme-weather-edits.257791/
Hey, Kojde, what are the benefits of having a flickr account? Im not sure myself weather or not to open one, because it requires a yahoo account. are there good reasons to use flickr?

Thank you man! I actually have a Flickr account, I just don't use it too often. I might go and take a look at the extreme weather edit thread. But i really struggle to find decent textures, that's one of the problem. I agree with you, that second image is too sharp (too much high pass), only noticed that now. Thanks man:cheers:

Hey, Kojde, what are the benefits of having a flickr account? Im not sure myself weather or not to open one, because it requires a yahoo account. are there good reasons to use flickr?

I'm not paid by Yahoo ;) but flickr has many advantages in my opinion (maybe others have a lot of also) :

- free up to 200 pics and not very expensive* to be unlimited (25$ a year I think)
- the image quality is good
- you can upload .jpg or .png pic (png is better to keep the quality)
- it's easy to use (my opinion)

And most of all there is a large GTP community on flickr with lot of comments & even discussions sometimes.

* Not for everyone I know. Some have more income than others...

Back