Crysis 3

Came across a quite funny bug on the dam demo, my gun was reflected in the water but the reflection was huge lol. Like the size of the actual lake.

So on vanilla crysis 3 (without editing anything), I'm getting 22fps with everything maxed out :lol:

I wonder how many more frames i'll get once i start editing things.

**edit**

QIyDwq1.jpg

lhgAwr3.jpg

zSkp2TX.jpg

W9Ncxm1.jpg

4HjzLmJ.jpg

Last edited:
Can't get enough of this franchise.

Random, but a Halo vs Crysis short vid would be sick. Maybe I could learn some 3DS Max, and make that happen...

lol

A graphic whore's wet dream, right? :lol:

Anyways, what weapons are you guys prefering, so far? Aside from the awesomeness that is the predator bow, of course :lol: I, myself, am quite happy with a SCAR due to its versatility - long range, medium rage, stealth, it just does it all. That and a Typhoon for taking down tough stuff has been nice so far.

Does anyone know how the triple screen support is? Do they have the HUD in the right place and all of that?

Also how does the single player look compared to how the beta multiplayer was? I wasn't to impressed by the looks of the BETA and is why I haven't bought it yet.
The way Luminis Keeps going on about it makes me want to give it a look.

I think you should. It might be short, but I quite like the gameplay. Definitely the kind of game I'll be playing more than once.

What the hell happened to Psycho? he looks like he aged 15 years, got fat and his face changed shape. Doesn't even look like the same bloke.

I'm on the shelf about buying this, I almost bought it earlier and then stopped myself, £31 for digital version, can't really afford it but I do have the money in the bank.. Convince me otherwise?

I have an I7 2600k running at 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX670 Windforce. Will it run decent?

Is there much difference lowering the settings a little?

GTX Titan only gets around 40fps on very high, just wondering what quality my GTX 580 can muster.

I'm on the shelf about buying this, I almost bought it earlier and then stopped myself, £31 for digital version, can't really afford it but I do have the money in the bank.. Convince me otherwise?

Seller on ebay has a bunch of EA codes for £20
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crysis-3-...Edition-/230935308876?clk_rvr_id=453921721559

Last edited:
A graphic whore's wet dream, right? :lol:

Anyways, what weapons are you guys prefering, so far? Aside from the awesomeness that is the predator bow, of course :lol: I, myself, am quite happy with a SCAR due to its versatility - long range, medium rage, stealth, it just does it all. That and a Typhoon for taking down tough stuff has been nice so far.

You are indeed right. :P

Other than the composite bow I quite like the Typhoon and the shotgun... and whatever else I can snag until I've acquired sufficient ammo to go back to my bow.

What the hell happened to Psycho? he looks like he aged 15 years, got fat and his face changed shape. Doesn't even look like the same bloke.

I have an I7 2600k running at 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX670 Windforce. Will it run decent?

That's just what the nanosuit/symbiosis does to a person. And you'll be fine.

Is there much difference lowering the settings a little?

GTX Titan only gets around 40fps on very high, just wondering what quality my GTX 580 can muster.

Not a damming notice, no. You should be fine with a compromise of high to very high with a bit of AA turned on.

I might be msitaken, but Crysis 3 is set 20 years after the original Crysis - which would mean that looking 15 years older is quite the feat :lol:

I might be msitaken, but Crysis 3 is set 20 years after the original Crysis - which would mean that looking 15 years older is quite the feat :lol:

Isnt Crysis 3 set before Crysis 2 though? So when exactly is Crysis 2 set and how has Prophet managed to keep most of his youth?

This is all very confusing, and I still have no idea what happened when they went back to the island!

Nah, it has to be after Crysis 2 because
in some of the logs you'll be finding, Prophet talks about visiting the Ceph intrusion sites after the re-engineered spores took them out. In search of the alpha Ceph, he and Psycho visited these places all over the world.

On Prophet keeping his youth, the "original" Prophet shot himself in the head, right? So, I think that the body that is now part of the entity that we know as prophet originally belonged to Alcatraz. The suit is symbiotic, after all, and contained memories and such of Prophet. I believe that Prophet's mind is now basically residing in (what's left) of Alcatraz' body.

Isnt Crysis 3 set before Crysis 2 though? So when exactly is Crysis 2 set and how has Prophet managed to keep most of his youth?

This is all very confusing, and I still have no idea what happened when they went back to the island!

How can Crysis3 be before Crysis2? :boggled: Crysis2 takes place in 2023. 3 years AFTER Crysis1's events. Crysis 3 is 2047.

What is said, is when the ceph infected Prophet gave the suit to Alcatraz, who was pretty much a mangled dead man walking within' the suit. The suit was still Prophet. The suit pretty much rebuilt using Alcatraz' body into Prophet's. Thus' the reason to why at the end of Crysis 2 after Rasch introduced himself, he said, "They call me Prophet."

This is from the Crysis wiki.
"After the events of Crysis 2 , Prophet's personality stored in Nanosuit assimilates and takes control over Alcatraz's body."

Honestly, it's really all confusing. It makes some sense... sort of.

I have a i7 950 at 3.5 ghz 8gb of ddr3 and same graphic card and it's working really nicely in 1080p.

I used Gefroce experience to make it the best it should and it did the work pretty damn well. I would advise everyone that got a geforce to download it. It's a very nice tool to optimize your game.

The story of Crysis really confuses the crap out of me, I love the franchise though, Warhead was my favourite and came to really like Psychos style and way of doing things, so it confused and slightly disapointed me that he doesn't even look like the same man, his face looks completely different.

I wasnt aware it was 20 years after though, and I'm sure someone told me "It's based before Crysis 2 because Prophet is alive" but now when I think about it and read your explanations it makes sense. Last time I played Crysis 2 was shortly after it was released so I'm a bit rusty.

£20 on ebay is a bit of a bargain so I might have to do that, would have prefered a Digital version simply so I could play it sooner, but I guess saving £11 is a better deal, I might have to grab it.

I just got mine from that seller I linked and it all went fine, downloading crysis 3 right now. Took about 30mins to get the email.

The crysis story isn't all that confusing once one actually plays Crysis 1 and 2..and 3.

Crysis 1:

Prophet's team, who were in prototype nanosuits which were engineered using ceph technology, go to the island to recover a dig team. Nomad and friends subsqeuently disover that aliens were "asleep" in this island for whatever reason. It's implied that the aliens were there for a long time. Towards the end of the game, only Prophet, Psycho and Nomad Survived. Nomad subsequently dies in the crysis comic that takes place after Crysis 1.

Crysis 2:
Prophet, who stole Nanosuit 2 from Crynet before is infected with ceph DNA and doesn't have long until he's turned. He rescues Alkatraz and deems him to be "suitable". Alkatraz awakens to prophet telling him what to do and then kills himself. Throughout the game, it seems prophet is still there by giving messages to alkatraz throughout the whole campaign.

Now this is where it gets fuzzy for me:

By the end of Crysis 2, it's obvious prophet is "alive" somehow. I'm told that I don't need to beat Crysis 3 to understand how but I want to beat Crysis 3 before I attempt to figure out why :lol:

If I was to guess, The nanosuit was imprinted with parts of prophet due to his long term exposure with the nanosuit. After a while, prophet "awakened" and became the Nanosuit 2, took control, and that's where crysis 3 starts. Alkatraz physically still is in the suit but prophet *is* the suit.

Last edited:
I won't be reading the spoiler text until I've played 3 (only 10% downloaded) But I played Crysis 1 + Warhead over so many times I lost count, and Crysis 2 through twice, still confuses the **** out of me.

Pay particular attention to the last cutscene in 2 and everything should fall into place.

Part 2:

8505735541_bf03d5c8fd_b.jpg

8502386362_593ca37344_b.jpg

8502387196_48a3285565_b.jpg

8501281275_5bcd97758c_b.jpg

8502388436_7db15f76da_b.jpg

8501282233_73242e4dc4_b.jpg

8501282819_12ac0d3548_b.jpg

8500922987_352da1daa1_b.jpg

8500923771_52ec0ef0bd_b.jpg

8502031980_7b6232bfbd_b.jpg

8508153539_5896909bb4_h.jpg

8508152239_934f60d4c0_b.jpg

8509260334_6c7c08bbc3_b.jpg

8509259038_3cebe55eef_b.jpg

getting 30fps mostly, 35-40 here and there. Everything veryhigh except motion off and shadows set to high, medium aa. With crytek you get a smooth experience still, slick movement and feel.

Last edited:
I won't be reading the spoiler text until I've played 3 (only 10% downloaded) But I played Crysis 1 + Warhead over so many times I lost count, and Crysis 2 through twice, still confuses the **** out of me.

While vague at times, they do make it clear in the second game Prophet's mind was saved/backed up by the growing/learning suit, and he eventually took over Alcatraz's body.

Alcatraz himself was actually pretty much dead, without the nanosuit. In fact, during the second game the suit starts to grow INTO Alcatraz, replacing damaged organs along the way.

Crysis 3 does in deed take place 20 years AFTER 2. Psycho is possibly close or at 50, in the game.

Umm since the new update my crysis wont start anymore, anyone have that problem ?

problem solved.

Last edited:
Mine runs fine, updated it just a few hours ago and then played it. Enjoying it loads so far, runs like a champ with only 1-2 noticeable slowdowns so far, strange that instead of visible loss of FPS it feels like the walking speed slows down and speeds up.

Game looks absolutely amazing graphically, they did a fine job!

For those that have posted PC screenshots. Just stunning!! Thanks for sharing the campaign eye candy.

Now, understand, I've no ill-will toward any of your complaints whatsoever. It's the wild accusation that it's going to bomb for whatever reason. I haven't played the beta and, quite frankly, I have no intention to do so as I could care less about MP in a game like Crysis.
360 version.

Finally had a chance to rent and play this and as I said a couple weeks ago, this game is not doing well. Even a simple google on metacritic will confirm that. Same with other reviews. Its just not doing as well as Crysis 2. I played the mp and there were maybe 1,000 players on. Which is not good since this game has only been out a week. This game is just not selling or doing as well as Crysis 2. Not a big deal but it was predicted. Moving on.

Campaign graphics look very good especially in 3d. Really loving the new bow! As I said during the demo / beta, the mp graphics in the final version of the game are the same as the demo / beta. So now hopefully people can put the defense to rest "its a demo the final game will look better". No it wont and never has. I am however enjoying the campaign so far. I realize its very short so I am going to try and take my time with it.

For those that have posted PC screenshots. Just stunning!! Thanks for sharing the campaign eye candy.

360 version.

Finally had a chance to rent and play this and as I said a couple weeks ago, this game is not doing well. Even a simple google on metacritic will confirm that. Same with other reviews. Its just not doing as well as Crysis 2. I played the mp and there were maybe 1,000 players on. Which is not good since this game has only been out a week. This game is just not selling or doing as well as Crysis 2. Not a big deal but it was predicted. Moving on.

Campaign graphics look very good especially in 3d. Really loving the new bow! As I said during the demo / beta, the mp graphics in the final version of the game are the same as the demo / beta. So now hopefully people can put the defense to rest "its a demo the final game will look better". No it wont and never has. I am however enjoying the campaign so far. I realize its very short so I am going to try and take my time with it.

I don't know about the 360 version but the PC version does look better. I'm maxing it out with custom AA settings in inspector and it seems to look much better then the BETA. I wasn't impressed at all with the BETA and wasn't going to buy it but Luminus kept going on about it so I downloaded it last night and the first level of thei single player looks really good. I would put it up there with the best looking games made, and I haven't even got to see a level with any color yet.

I don't know that the expectations were all that high on the console versions as far as graphics go. i think we've all seen the best the 360 and ps3 has to offer. I don't know why people would say it would be better then the BETA on console.

I was also kind of surprised it runs as good as it does. I'm staying above 30 withing everything as far as it will go and running the highest AA I could set where I could see a visual difference at 1080p.
With triple screens it's not to bad either. I tried it just for a second and then switched to single screen to see what maxed out looked like and haven't tried triples again yet. I did though run it with FXAA and everything on high and was staying above 30 FPS so seems that's not too hard to run. I'm not really getting maxed out GPU usage either so with some updates and a better driver it could get even better.

So far though I am impressed. The game looks great and plays very smooth. I would though like a little better controller support for single player. I think more people would get into PC gaming if they had smoother aiming for a controller. I know everyone loves their mouse and keyboard, but it just doesn't seem right to me. They are way to bulky and just not comfortable to use unless you are sitting at a computer desk and that's now how I want to play games.

Yes the single player looks way better than the mp by a longshot. But the mp on the 360 looks identical to the mp beta / demo. MP gameplay is the same too. I also dont know why people say a game will look better than the demo / beta. Been saying it for years, what you see in a beta / demo is what you see in the full game. Some day people will realize that. Not worth arguing about.

Looking forward to playing through the 3d campaign some more tonight. Right now the level is dark and rainy so its hard to see how great the game is right now but the campaign does look good as expected. After all it is Crysis. ;) Just not sure what the heck happend with the mp. But oh well.

Now lets see some more screen shots from the PC! :)

Crysis was never about multiplayer for me, the original was more of an awesome graphics and physics demo with a great game and story slapped on top, then Crysis 2 dropped the focus on the physics aspects and closed us in a little bit but focussed heavily on the storyline and Crysis 3 has done the same, though it has learned from Crysis 2 and opened up the world a lot more again.

I think I spent about 5mins playing Crysis multiplayer, about 10 mins playing the Crysis 2 beta multiplayer and havn't bothered with the Crysis 3 beta/multiplayer. For me it is all about the campaign mode, that's the only reason I bought any of the games.

Personally I love them all, so far I think Crysis 3 is definitely in my eyes far great than Crysis 2 was, it's far more ambitious and it really is a work of art. I know you will still have the guys who forever until eternity will argue that the original is the best in every way, and it was a great game but that was never because of multiplayer popularity.

The AA seems to be broken in the game. I've tried every different setting there is and can not see much a difference in them. It effects the performance but really doesn't help get rid of jaggies and shimmering much. Anyone figured out any tricks?

Back