Crysis 3

Before I'm searching around: is there a decent "ultra HD" mod? If so, link? :D

Also, which settings did you use for the cvar editor, Terronium?

Last edited:
You shouldn't measure Crysis 3 based on the (much) inferior console version, in my opinion. You can't really expect the game to leaps ahead of Far Cry 2 on consoles, given the hardware.

Have you figured out a way to get the AA working well. The only thing I have seen is where people reinstalled windows. I'm not going to do that.

Have you figured out a way to get the AA working well. The only thing I have seen is where people reinstalled windows. I'm not going to do that.
I never noticed it not working, to be honest... Then again, I'm forcing multi sampling through my drivers, that might be the cause of it. There's at least not any aliasing going on :lol:

I never noticed it not working, to be honest... Then again, I'm forcing multi sampling through my drivers, that might be the cause of it. There's at least not any aliasing going on :lol:

I tried that but it didn't help me any. It seems some are lucky and not having a problem with it. What driver settings are you using?

You shouldn't measure Crysis 3 based on the (much) inferior console version, in my opinion. You can't really expect the game to leaps ahead of Far Cry 2 on consoles, given the hardware.
You mentioned Far Cry 2 but I think you meant Crysis 2?
I think you missed the point. The very original point I made a long time ago was that the Crysis 3 mp on the 360 actually looked worse than the Crysis 2 mp. The MP in Crysis 3 went backwards. Thats the only point I was making. Yes obviously the pc will be inferior and always has. No argument there. 👍 Now show some more PC pics! :sly:

I plan to play some more of the campaign tonight in 3d. I have the rental until Saturday. I forgot to mention Crysis 3 does NOT have a season pass. That truly shocked me! Or if it does, it didnt say anything about it yet.

You mentioned Far Cry 2 but I think you meant Crysis 2?
I think you missed the point. The very original point I made a long time ago was that the Crysis 3 mp on the 360 actually looked worse than the Crysis 2 mp. The MP in Crysis 3 went backwards. Thats the only point I was making. Yes obviously the pc will be inferior and always has. No argument there. 👍 Now show some more PC pics! :sly:

I plan to play some more of the campaign tonight in 3d. I have the rental until Saturday. I forgot to mention Crysis 3 does NOT have a season pass. That truly shocked me! Or if it does, it didnt say anything about it yet.
Yeah, I meant Crysis 2, sorry :lol:

I just think that, with the unchanging hardware, they've got to compromise somewhere to cram everything into the game - hence, multiplayer lookign worse. Then again, the PS3 version is supposedly a lot better than the 360 one. Dunno much about that, though :lol:

I tried that but it didn't help me any. It seems some are lucky and not having a problem with it. What driver settings are you using?
I've got my global seetings set to 16x anysotropic filtering, FXAA enabled/forced, 2x. The gamma-thingy is set to on and to enhance the given aplkication. SUpersampling set to 4x. Tripple buffering is enabled, non-adaptiv energy management. Everything else is set for maximun quality over performance.

Dunno how helpful that actually is :lol:

Before I'm searching around: is there a decent "ultra HD" mod? If so, link? :D

Also, which settings did you use for the cvar editor, Terronium?

iQjmVfU.png

OKuq0YW.png

I originally allotted 1024MB to the texture pool but it didn't seem to make any difference, positive or negative.

gJ6zcFu.png

You've got quite the great journey ahead.

I don't wanna post the last part as it's a major spoiler, for the most part.

I've seen a lot of negative comments about this game, a few trollers and whiners calling it a "console port". I fail to see how the company can really ever please these people. I've played probably near to the end now of Crysis 3 and for me it has been an amazing game, the ammount of attention to detail and work that has put into it is clearly incredible.

When you see this kind of reaction to a game that is quite possibly a masterpiece it's hard to see how the developers get the motivation to go on. I know a lot of players these days base their opinion on the multiplayer which may not be the strongsuite of Crysis, but as I've previously said I think the game is more about its single player campaign than the multiplayer and when It comes to single player I've not played a single shooter franchise in the last few years that comes close.

Anyway, hopefully will finally finish it this evening.

360 version
Anyone else having major audio glitches with campaign? This is beyond annoying and happens from the beginning of the game. They seriously must not have tested this game at all to miss this. Almost the entire first level is this frustrating audio glitch. Most of it is cleared up in the 2nd level when you get outside but still, how did this slip through the testing department? I just recently cleared the cache so I dont think thats going to help my situation. The 360 port of this game is just not good at all. Maybe I should have rented it for the PS3 instead.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Its insane how much better the game looks on the PC compared to the 360. Foilage looks amazing on PC. It looks nowhere near that good at all on 360 at all.

I'm playing the PC version, just finished it and didn't really see any bugs. I had a strange "square explosion" graphical bug happen now and again but otherwise it was pretty flawless all the way through, playing on very high settings too.

Such a shame that people have to play it on the current gen consoles because they just can't do it justice, I'd hope they bring it out on the next gen consoles, it's really deserving of that, I loved the single player campaign and the graphics were just simply mind blowing.

CAMAROBOY69
360 version
Anyone else having major audio glitches with campaign? This is beyond annoying and happens from the beginning of the game. They seriously must not have tested this game at all to miss this. Almost the entire first level is this frustrating audio glitch. Most of it is cleared up in the 2nd level when you get outside but still, how did this slip through the testing department? I just recently cleared the cache so I dont think thats going to help my situation. The 360 port of this game is just not good at all. Maybe I should have rented it for the PS3 instead.

I had the same problem, it was terrible.

Looks incredible on PC (as expected).

Yes its official, the 360 version of this game is just pure crap. Crysis 2 never had anywhere near the amount of problems Crysis 3 has. SUch a bummer because I really like Cyrsis 1 and Crysis 2 on the 360. The audio issues are very well known for the 360 and make the game almost unplayable. Oh well I will get through the rental and just chalk this one up as a rushed port to the 360. The PC version looks very good.

I might have to give T12s settings a try and see if they're making it even better. Those shots are "vanilla".

Just realized a couple of shots are ambiguous enough to not spoil anything other than the still itself.

8514217552_c8a309d26d_b.jpg

8505731157_b738ba95a1_b.jpg

8513105857_24cf4452d2_b.jpg

8513105527_981b81836e_b.jpg

I am quite obsessed with water in games and the water effects were really good in this game for sure. Even on the 360. I love when you walk through water and it actually responds and reacts in 3d instead of a "flat" 2d response.

Wow, looks amazing on the PC.
Ps3 version looks good for a Ps3 game in my opinion, but it plays brilliantly. It just really annoys me that the online doesn't get as much attention as it deserves, it's really fun I think.

I fired up the original Crysis the other night to compare back, running it on max settings it's amazing to see how much it has actually aged. The lighting, texture quality, shaders, particles and pretty much everything seems to look unbelievably dated, the quality of the AA is not in the same league and the low settings (of AA) on Crysis 3 look better than the 8x on the original Crysis, though saying that Crysis 3 on minimum settings probably does look better than the original on max settings in general, as C3 still looks great even on low.

The original Crysis is a different game in that Crysis 3 feels more like Half Life 3 with Crysis storyline. The original Crysis levels are absolutely massive and for most of the early part of the game completely non-linear. FPS wise the original Crysis didn't run any better than Crysis 3 either, at 8x AA with max settings it was running slower than Crysis 3 on max settings with x2 AA, so it's crazy to see how badly optimised the original Crysis is.

Comparing the both of them graphically, when you go from Crysis (which after a while playing starts to look good again) to Crysis 3 you quite honestly get your mind completely blown, everything is so much more detailed, so much more crisp and the world around you has much more weight to it, the lighting is just many levels above.

To me it does feel that 2013 is the year where Crysis starts to look really dated.

Back