CSL LC vs Clubsport V3

• Thread starter Devilb0y
  • 65 comments
United States
New York
Devilb0yAce
I'm thinking of getting a loadcell pedal set but can't decide between these two, I've watched various reviews for both, and done some searching but couldn't find anything (Google) so I thought maybe someone here could give me a good comparison between the two. Are the V3 really worth the extra $100?
Thanks in advance.

From what I've gathered, the CSL Pedals have more brake travel. To me, this is as important as anything with respect to pedals. If I were choosing between the two, I'd personally pick the CSL ones if only for that reason.

Guess the CSL elite LC would be a good starting point if u don't want to spend that much otherwise the V3 with all the brake perf. kit is the bemchmark as it seems.

Last edited:
I have recently bought the V3. Here is my take on it. It is so damn good compared to the Thrustmaster T3PA pedal. The feel I get from both brake and pedal is very similar to my real car Lexus IS350 with tuned suspension. The better look on the V3 worth so much. Just looking at it will bring you smile, I mean seriously! It looks better than my real car pedals even. The black and red powder coat looks sick. The clutch has a degressive feel (hard>soft + smooth > stop).

I can adjust the sensitivity of the brake from super soft with 5X gain (18 kg of force) to super stiff (90 kg of force). I don't think anyone will like that super stiff setting. Even standing on it might not give you 100% brake if you use the stiffest settings.

The brake has that hydraulic feel to it. You can also adjust the brake pedal distance. It has a preload of 1 to 5. I find 1 to be most realistic.

Another feature which is unique to V3 is the "vibration". Let me tell you, I like it so much. You can adjust when to vibrate. I set it to be around 80% because in Assetto Corsa, that is right at the threshold braking limit for most cars before the ABS kicks in. Setting around 80% will kind of simulate when ABS is kicking in but not exactly because it doesn't take telemetry data. It simply vibrates at the brake % you set it. I use this feature exclusively to train my left foot to develop braking sensitivity.

Anyways, without further ado, I personally improve 10 seconds on Nurburgring in most of the super cars in Assetto Corsa and I can consistently drive them with ease.

One cons with the V3 is that you can not adjust the pedal horizontally while on the Elite LC, you can adjust it anyways you want. For left foot braking like myself, I would like to have a bigger gap between the brake and the gas pedals. However, by adjusting the pedal face a little bit, I'm pretty fine with the V3.

To sum it up: The vibration feature, the look, the higher build quality, the powder coating of black and red etc will be well worth the extra money. I don't own the Elite LC so I don't know how good the feel is. The V3 feels like my real car and I love it.

I'm not positive, I'd have to look closer at mine, but I think you could potentially change the spacing on the V3 set by pulling the pedals off and swapping around the spacers between them on the rods they hinge on...

I have recently bought the V3. Here is my take on it. It is so damn good compared to the Thrustmaster T3PA pedal. The feel I get from both brake and pedal is very similar to my real car Lexus IS350 with tuned suspension. The better look on the V3 worth so much. Just looking at it will bring you smile, I mean seriously! It looks better than my real car pedals even. The black and red powder coat looks sick. The clutch has a degressive feel (hard>soft + smooth > stop).

I can adjust the sensitivity of the brake from super soft with 5X gain (18 kg of force) to super stiff (90 kg of force). I don't think anyone will like that super stiff setting. Even standing on it might not give you 100% brake if you use the stiffest settings.

The brake has that hydraulic feel to it. You can also adjust the brake pedal distance. It has a preload of 1 to 5. I find 1 to be most realistic.

Another feature which is unique to V3 is the "vibration". Let me tell you, I like it so much. You can adjust when to vibrate. I set it to be around 80% because in Assetto Corsa, that is right at the threshold braking limit for most cars before the ABS kicks in. Setting around 80% will kind of simulate when ABS is kicking in but not exactly because it doesn't take telemetry data. It simply vibrates at the brake % you set it. I use this feature exclusively to train my left foot to develop braking sensitivity.

Anyways, without further ado, I personally improve 10 seconds on Nurburgring in most of the super cars in Assetto Corsa and I can consistently drive them with ease.

One cons with the V3 is that you can not adjust the pedal horizontally while on the Elite LC, you can adjust it anyways you want. For left foot braking like myself, I would like to have a bigger gap between the brake and the gas pedals. However, by adjusting the pedal face a little bit, I'm pretty fine with the V3.

To sum it up: The vibration feature, the look, the higher build quality, the powder coating of black and red etc will be well worth the extra money. I don't own the Elite LC so I don't know how good the feel is. The V3 feels like my real car and I love it.
I eventually got the V3's, and like you I came from a T3PA set and it's way to big a difference. Best sim racing purchase I've ever made. Thank you for your detailed experience.

While I’m waiting for the cpx v3 to come out I am trying to research to which pedal set I should upgrade.

I am only a hobby simracer and just want more immersion in my experience. The CSL elite seems like the obvious choice, because it has the best price/performance. But is the extra € 180,- (incl brake performance kit) worth it for the v3’s? They really look the part and I’m confident they retain value very well, better build and that mainly the clutch pedal is superior. However I’m confused about the brake pedal. Does anyone who used both have their opinion on the brake pedal? Which has the better feel? From the reviews I have seen the travel is better on the csl pedals, so is the travel of the v3 that bad? How many centimeters are we talking about?

Ps: don’t care for the abs motors or dampener kit

While I’m waiting for the cpx v3 to come out I am trying to research to which pedal set I should upgrade.

I am only a hobby simracer and just want more immersion in my experience. The CSL elite seems like the obvious choice, because it has the best price/performance. But is the extra € 180,- (incl brake performance kit) worth it for the v3’s? They really look the part and I’m confident they retain value very well, better build and that mainly the clutch pedal is superior. However I’m confused about the brake pedal. Does anyone who used both have their opinion on the brake pedal? Which has the better feel? From the reviews I have seen the travel is better on the csl pedals, so is the travel of the v3 that bad? How many centimeters are we talking about?

Ps: don’t care for the abs motors or dampener kit
Stock the CSL LC will be better and build quality wise they are both metal, but less bolts to go wrong on the CSL set.

With regards to the clutch mechanism you really can barely feel it so don’t factor that into any decisions nor the rumble motors which are both too weak and barely supported to be of any use. Same with extra springs they really just don’t make much difference.

Then you have to consider the fiddly dismantling of the V3’s to put the elastometers in and change the pedal faces to d-plates if you decided to use those or making adjustments to the brake travel/stiffness all a pita.

Honestly for anybody not serious the CSL pedals are a bargain and the best option. Beyond that the V3’s don’t offer enough to justify the price increase IMO and you should just go straight to high end pedals starting with the Protosimtech PT-2, though on consoles those aren’t an option so stick with the CSL or see what the podium line brings.

Stock the CSL LC will be better and build quality wise they are both metal, but less bolts to go wrong on the CSL set.

With regards to the clutch mechanism you really can barely feel it so don’t factor that into any decisions nor the rumble motors which are both too weak and barely supported to be of any use. Same with extra springs they really just don’t make much difference.

Then you have to consider the fiddly dismantling of the V3’s to put the elastometers in and change the pedal faces to d-plates if you decided to use those or making adjustments to the brake travel/stiffness all a pita.

Honestly for anybody not serious the CSL pedals are a bargain and the best option. Beyond that the V3’s don’t offer enough to justify the price increase IMO and you should just go straight to high end pedals starting with the Protosimtech PT-2, though on consoles those aren’t an option so stick with the CSL or see what the podium line brings.
Thank you! You gave exactly the answers I was looking for! I prefer plug and playability a lot more before customizability. Changing the break feel without tools is much better to me then having to bring out my tools to adjust the feel when I want to.

So I finally bit the bullet and puchased the CSL elite LC. Apparantly there is a new version of the CSL elite pedals. The smooth matte black texture has been replaced with a rougher texture finish. Similar to the handbrake I think. This will obviously prevent fingerprints, but I have no idea if further improvements have been made in this new version.

However the LC brake I received is still the older (smooth finish) version of the pedals. I contacted Fanatec through the website and received an answer that there was a mistake and the brake will be replaced with a new version if I wanted. I replied that I wanted to be sent the new version. However I havent received any details on RMA or further steps.

Does anybody have experience with Fanatec support? Do they expect me to send the pedal back or are they sending me the new one first? I havent used them since receiving, allthough I already assembled them. I almost sold my old T3PA (w/ Loadcell mod) but perhaps I should wait.

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the finish? I'm curious how different to my CSL LC pedals they are.

Last edited:
Huh, hadn't seen it yet. Not sure I prefer it to mine though :P
I use a CPX adapter and have yet to dial in my favorate elastomer setup. I already got used to my T3pGT LC setup, which had a nice hard pedal, but not so much travel. At first I didnt like the Foam at all, but I am going to give it a long term chance to get used to first.

My first impression is that the CSL pedals are very quiet compared to the "plastic" sound the TM pedals made. The gas and clutch are a lot stiffer, have a little more travel, which definately helps with modulation. The pedals feel very solid and an upgrade from the TM ones. All in all the pedals are very nice, but not that far of from the T3PGT with LC Mod. Perhaps I should have gone for the V3, but in my playseat Challenge setup, I was going to get problems because of the extra weight.

I hope this helps some people who are thinking about buying these pedals.

Last edited:
I have V3i but never try CSL E, I think the main different between them is the adjustability. V3i have a wide range of brake adjustment, Travelling distance / stiffness and damper level ,with these adjustment can be tune the brake pedal into hard like a stone Racing brake or soft like a stock light-weight car brake. The feeling is cool of both. I love it so much.

Perhaps I should have gone for the V3, but in my playseat Challenge setup, I was going to get problems because of the extra weight.

Hi, I'm also on a Playseat Challenge due to space issues and choosing between CSL LC and V3's. How did you mount the pedals to the Playseat, do you have any pictures? I would like to not have to hard mount them but maybe that's the only option...

Hi, I'm also on a Playseat Challenge due to space issues and choosing between CSL LC and V3's. How did you mount the pedals to the Playseat, do you have any pictures? I would like to not have to hard mount them but maybe that's the only option...
The CSL LC are quite easy. I will post maybe some pics later. But I ziptied the pedals through the hardmount points to the bars. I was worried before too. But I don't use the outer holes of the pedal plate. So the 3 pedals are a bit closer together. That way they line up better with the zipties and bars. But to be honest haven't tried the outer holes. I read that the V3's can be mounted the same way. But do be careful that the V3 are heavier then the CSL LC. I almost bought the V3's but I liked the toolles design of the brake better and the lighter weight. So it depends if you fold your challenge often. I fold it after every session.

The CSL LC are quite easy. I will post maybe some pics later. But I ziptied the pedals through the hardmount points to the bars. I was worried before too. But I don't use the outer holes of the pedal plate. So the 3 pedals are a bit closer together. That way they line up better with the zipties and bars. But to be honest haven't tried the outer holes. I read that the V3's can be mounted the same way. But do be careful that the V3 are heavier then the CSL LC. I almost bought the V3's but I liked the toolles design of the brake better and the lighter weight. So it depends if you fold your challenge often. I fold it after every session.

Thanks, yeah I fold mine after every session too, but I disconnect and leave the pedals (T3PA) under my TV so I only fold up the rest, because I also have a tight fit in my wardrobe where I store the seat. I like the CSL design more, to me they look more real than the V3's anyway. I'm pretty convinced I'll go for the CSL now thanks to your input.

Do you cut off the zip ties after every session too? Or just leave the pedals zip tied to the stand and fold them? I'm thinking that if I zip tie them (or hardmount) to the bars, I can just unscrew the complete bar and leave it under the TV, which basically takes 2 sec.

Do you experience any lifting of the pedal set when braking, or any other issues?

Thanks, yeah I fold mine after every session too, but I disconnect and leave the pedals (T3PA) under my TV so I only fold up the rest, because I also have a tight fit in my wardrobe where I store the seat. I like the CSL design more, to me they look more real than the V3's anyway. I'm pretty convinced I'll go for the CSL now thanks to your input.

Do you cut off the zip ties after every session too? Or just leave the pedals zip tied to the stand and fold them? I'm thinking that if I zip tie them (or hardmount) to the bars, I can just unscrew the complete bar and leave it under the TV, which basically takes 2 sec.

Do you experience any lifting of the pedal set when braking, or any other issues?
I just leave them on the bar and fold them with the chair. I don't experience lifting of the chair under braking. But you may experience it if you set the brake too stiff I guess. In your situation just leave the pedals on the bar and unscrew them.

Last edited:
When I ordered my V3s I went back and forth between getting those or the CSL+LC. All the reviews say the CSLs are the bargain of the century but what tipped to the V3s was how awesome they look and the build quality/materials. I knew that while I would be happy with the CSLs I would always have the burning question of "should I have purchased the V3s instead?" So I went with the V3s and they really are IMO the best deal out there for pedals. But if the money is tight I would say save up, or don't buy sim racing products if 100 is going to break you, or just go with the CSL+LC.

The second you use them you open them you think "All this for $300? They could probably charge double if they were a real German company."

My main concern is not the price but how they fit on my Playseat. Until I move to a bigger apartment or buy a house, I will have to make compromises with concerns to space, and I really need better pedals asap. When I have room for a permanent rig I will upgrade again. :-)

I just leave them on the bar and fold them with the chair. I don't experience lifting of the chair under braking. But you may experience it if you set the brake too stiff I guess. In your situation just leave the pedals on the bar and unscrew them.

I didn't mean lifting of the chair, but do you get any lifting of the metal plate of the pedals when braking, as in do the complete pedal set tilt forward? Or have you zip tied the pedals at all four corners?

I didn't mean lifting of the chair, but do you get any lifting of the metal plate of the pedals when braking, as in do the complete pedal set tilt forward? Or have you zip tied the pedals at all four corners?
They are ziptied on all four corners. Will try to post a pic tonight.

Had same dillema - LC vs V3. Was on brink of buying V3 - seen some great words about it. Until stumbled upon comparison of V3 vs Proto PT2. Was lucky to get one of The latest batch. If you live in US look no further and wait for new batch of PT2s ;)

I ziptied the pedals using the hardmounting holes of the unit to the bar.

C4E14036-6698-404C-B824-5019DDC5AEB7.jpeg

@PocketZeven You squeezed the ever living daylights out of them Zip-ties, managed the crimp the metal and everything. (I know it's foam padding.:P)

Seriously, that's a good improvisational mount. The pedals aren't going anywhere without the assistance of some snips or a knife. Nice!

@PocketZeven You squeezed the ever living daylights out of them Zip-ties, managed the crimp the metal and everything. (I know it's foam padding.:P)

Seriously, that's a good improvisational mount. The pedals aren't going anywhere without the assistance of some snips or a knife. Nice!

Don't have room for a dedicated simrig... Maybe in a few years I can upgrade to a Rseat or simetek K2.

Back