CSR Elite Pedal Vs Club Sport Pedal

  • Thread starter Thread starter wishywish
  • 38 comments
  • 24,512 views
Messages
128
Which of this two would you prefer for now if regardless of price?
 
Last edited:
CSR Elite hands down. More robust construction and the load cell brake puts it over the top.
 
Club Sport Pedal also has a load cell brake.
 
And they're tougher too? Are you sure you know what your talking about.

It depends on what you want. You can do Inversion on both, but it's easier on the CSRE's.
 
I think hawk was think csr vs csre pedals.
 
Clubsport pedals.

There is a bit of a comparison here.

 
Clubsports are the best not only compared to CSRE pedals but to any other pedals in this range.
 
I have plenty of choice but I use ClubSports.
Thomas
 
Caz
I think hawk was think csr vs csre pedals.

You're absolutely right. I could have swore this was a CSR vs CSR E pedal question. Lack of sleep is ruining my reading abilities!:sick:

With that....I still prefer the CSP over the CSR E. The invertible option is the only thing the CSR E have on the CSP. CSP are definitely more robust, more tuneable with the currently included tuning kit (I believe that offer is still on) and have contactless sensors on the gas and clutch.
 
Clubsport pedals would be my recommendation as well 👍
 
Club Sport Pedal also has a load cell brake.

Both have a load cell brake.

I have been very happy with the CSR Elite pedals. My decision was swayed because of the mounting flexibility.
 
I'll qualify this by saying upfront that I've never seen close up or used the CSR Elite pedals. However, I really do like my Clubsport Pedals and can give them a big thumbs up. Too bad I didn't get the tuning kit though. (although I'm happy with how they are so don't know that I'd adjust anything anyways)
 
Now, could it be that you are just a tad bias on this sir? :sly:

Absolutely! But this question was about Fanatec vs Fanatec so being biased is legitimate. I don't mind what pedals we are selling so I answered this question as "Thomas the simracer".
 
Good man mr thomas the sim racer. ;)
 
Absolutely! But this question was about Fanatec vs Fanatec so being biased is legitimate. I don't mind what pedals we are selling so I answered this question as "Thomas the simracer".

Hehe... but, of course. 👍
 
Absolutely! But this question was about Fanatec vs Fanatec so being biased is legitimate. I don't mind what pedals we are selling so I answered this question as "Thomas the simracer".

Interesting 👍

So you still have some spare time to do sim racing?:dopey: May I ask PC/Xbox/Ps3 - what games?
 
Now, could it be that you are just a tad bias on this sir? :sly:

Why does Fanatec/Thomas get scrutiny with EVERY post ? His presence on this forum is clearly a plus. I'd love to see that rebutted ! I know you're kind of joking Stones but, for me. it gets old.:grumpy:

Scotty
 
I could tell stones was joking. Am I right stones?
Edit. I think Thomas found it funny too.

More drama.
 
Last edited:
I could tell stones was joking. Am I right stones?
Edit. I think Thomas found it funny too.

More drama.
Joke?! You can't joke about something as serious as what set of pedals to use....or can we? All in good fun spagetti...all in good fun. :)
 
Dis a mans pedals is like dissing his children. 8^)

Stealth edit eh Scott.

Off to bed. QVC is trying to sell me snow boots.
 
Last edited:
I could tell stones was joking. Am I right stones?
Edit. I think Thomas found it funny too.

More drama.

C'mon guys.:) Of course I was worried about the drama inducing effect of my post. The "grumpy" smiley was supposed to throw cold water on that idea. And like I said, I know Stones was joking.

I don't think I can survive another "makes me sad" thread,lol.

Scotty
 
I bought CSR Elite but I wish I had bought Clubsport. The construction and design of the plastic base on the CSR Elite is very poor, and working with the pedals is a huge hassle. For some reason not all of the positions in the design can be reached by the pedals, its like they put in a range of settings and then blocked off one of them by accident and noticed it too late in the design to change it.... and blocked TWO of them when you look at the brake pedal, because it has the bottom blocked (due to insufficient load cell movement to give you full range of throw) and the top one because the load cell plastic housing is blocked by the bolts holding the brake pedal frontplate. Totally silly design! Here's a picture of what I mean:

1_fan2.jpg


just off shot, above the 5th side hole and behind the pedal, is where the bolts holding the pedal plate are located, making 5th position impossible to mount. You can actually see the plastic load cell bit (the "hump" on top) that is blocked by the pedal bolts which clearly, even in this crappy picture, align perfectly! lol

edit: I also just remembered that the pedals themselves have actually come apart on me multiple times during play the last few days (and I'm not rough in the least on my gear). The bolt assembly that holds the entire pedal unit simply comes apart with pedal use. I've tightened them back up repeatedly as tight as I dare, but they keep coming apart... really wish i could return these...
 
Last edited:
I can see exactly what you mean hotdog.
Does the throttle and clutch adjust ok.
I would imagine they do.
If so the centre strut is just a generic one off the production line and probably not meant to adjust to those holes.
It would look better if those holes wasn't punched in the strut.
Probably just easier to manufacture a one off component.

Maybe Thomas will get in contact will the supplier to leave out those holes during manufacturing to avoid confusion.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
 
I can see exactly what you mean hotdog.
Does the throttle and clutch adjust ok.
I would imagine they do.

No they don't, but in a completely different way. The clutch has this funny misalignment at the lowest bolt hole setting where it goes go to 90% and then "clicks" the last 10% -- I can't explain it any better, but it's wrong and shouldn't be happening because it doesn't happen with settings 2-3, both of which are too stiff for my liking in regards to clutch, so as I cannot use setting 1 the clutch pedal is essentially useless to me.

The sheer amount of brute force you have to use when adjusting these pedals is just wrong, and it is something that affects all 3 pedals. I was afraid I was going to damage it every time I worked on it because trying to set up the pedals for the higher bolt settings was MADNESS (as was moving them left/right on the base, for that matter, and after only FOUR adjustments and a couple hundred hours of usage the base plate is so worn and deformed around the bolt mounting areas that taking the pedals out or putting them back in is nearly impossible). Also, getting the spring/cell brute-force pushed up high enough and STEADY enough to insert/slam the bolt through nearly drove me insane.

I do not like the physical design of these pedals, no sir. The accuracy is great though, and the tactile feeling of resistance is very good, especially the load cell brake. I dread the next time I have to adjust them though... :ouch:
 
Of course I was worried about the drama inducing effect of my post.

All of your posts are negative, give it a rest already scoddee. How about not attacking people all the time and post something of a positive nature?
 
Bit surprised with all the CSP superiority.
Indeed yes they are a better product but are they in all cases and situations better?

The CSP do not allow for all pedal positions to be used neither. Besides you will likely find the the default or one position away is optimium. With pedals inverted using the kit, clutch for me works and will operate in holes 2-5. Only the first hole is non operateable. With the brake only 2&3 are operateable. With throttle again like clutch 2-5 are operatable. As mentioned the problem with hole 5 is that one of the pedal bolts can not be inserted so in effect preventing proper tightening of the pedal plates.

If anyone thinks the CSRE are hard to take apart I question their "tool skills" They clearly have not dismantled the CSP which are a nightmare in comparison.

*edit
The brake on the CSRE is harder/stronger than CSP yet at max sensitivity it feels good.
The eagle eyed of course would of noticed that the "CSRE Brake" unlike the CSP does not use a spring for additional response. One of several improvements I would suggest for Fanatec to consider.

If the CSRE pedals need criticised in any particular way it is a lack of support bracket at the back of the pedal uprights (using the kit) when inverted to prevent any minor osciallation. One of several oversights I see in the product.

Furthermore Fanatec still seem to fail in realising the majority of players want a stiffer spring for throttle. The CSP clutch spring is perfect for throttle being about 20% thicker. Maybe one day they will think it would be good to ship the product with a couple of alternatives? Such a simple and minimal cost improvement.

Additionally nobody yet seems to be looking at some of the major advantages of the CSRE pedals. Take anyone with a G25/G27 and a modified cockpit using hanging pedals. The CSRE are not only a good upgrade over Logitech pedals with the loadcell and metal construction but they allow simple d.i.y installation and replacement.

Even the ISR review video failed to go into much depth on that topic or the fact that if Fanatec had been a bit wiser regards the pedals cable connections and the cable lengths then this would be perfect for owners of cockpits and wheelstands with central bars that in the thousands play with just paddle shifts and no clutch.

Try doing this below easily on CSP!

Wheel Stand or Cockpit with centre bar = no problem!
 
Last edited:
If anyone thinks the CSRE are hard to take apart I question their "tool skills" They clearly have not dismantled the CSP which are a nightmare in comparison.

The CSP were rather simple to take apart IMO, if they were a nightmare for you then we must question your "tool skills"
 
Back