CSW Community Test - Round 3: Vote - Who deserve the chance?

• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 134 comments

Who deserves the chance to test and review the CSW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The funny thing is that you just did! Also you got one voter that subscribed here yesterday...

I know Matkap from earlier and trust his experience when it comes to racing and racing gears. I don't believe it's cheating as long as no one votes from the same IP several times!!!

Imo., that should be checked

Yes I did because the voting is unfair. Yes I had one person vote for me that signed up the other day but like I said he couldn't remember his gt planet name. If his vote gets removed I will understand. When a person has 75% of their votes from people that signed up just to vote there is a problem.

Doesn't matter how long you have known somebody and if you trust them or not. I'm not saying you don't trust him, but if we all get old friends to log on and vote for us the voting will get ridiculous. Just for example I have 100 ps3 friends I could message along with 160 people on the iracing league forum I'm on, 20 or so friends on iracing and probably about 50 people I could call on the phone. See where I"m going with this?

Apparently you are un aware how easy it is to make an email address with a proxy server and make new user names just to sign up and vote. That's what I'm saying. There is no way to tell if these people that signup and vote are really these people friends or them just making new names. To make it the fairest is to throw out all votes from people that signed up within the last month which I'm sure will be done.

MadRR,
I see your point. I am a long time visitor here on the planet. I do trust his opinions/experience that is why I (finally) signed up here and voted.

There are some reasons why I don't participate in this "event" either as a tester or as a voter, but...

...as I already said before this is a community test. So the aspirants and as well the voters should be active member of this community IMHO. Actually self-explanatory.

I voted for Mayaman because he's always helpful and posting on here, and he seems to have a lot of stuff setup so he probably has a good idea of what works/doesn't.

The only other person I would've liked to see apply is Mr Latte.

Also I'm glad people aren't doing dumb "campaigning" like on the Iracing forums.

I voted for Pingwhen because he seemed to be the most qualified underdog. Looks like that is still the case... lol. Otherwise, I would have voted Mayaman.

MadRR,
I see your point. I am a long time visitor here on the planet. I do trust his opinions/experience that is why I (finally) signed up here and voted.

Long time visitor that signed up yesterday??

My votes with Mayaman.

MildAshers
Long time visitor that signed up yesterday??

My votes with Mayaman.

Anyone can visit at read the forums without registering, doing so for as long as they wish. So it is possible he has been checking out the forum for a long time. No harm in that I think. ;)

I read the forum for six months before I got round to registering. It took so long because for a while there was an extremely negative attitude floating around. ( not here but other sections)
Once I found this section and felt I had learned enough to participate in conversations here, I registered.
So it is very possible. But under the circumstances, a tough call to make.
Iirc something similar happened during the csr:e polling and some votes were excluded. I know that poll was slightly different, but consistency is key if this type of testing/reviewing is to continue with future products.

Anybody but Obama gets my vote, i have gotten great feedback from illonioum, hoihman, and mayaman so i would be hard pressed to chose one...

G
choose me!
pick-up-lines.jpg

:cheers:

:cheers::)

I'm sure that you will have your chance to pay the full price for the CSW as soon as it is released and you can indeed make a review.

Of course we all do you smart ass.You did not get my point did you. I ment that you might get people interested partly in wrong reasons, not that I was jealous for the money :) . We have already seen people registering just to vote and even for taking part of the competition. But this does not of course matter because we have a good community manager moderating the vote and the community gets to decide.

It is great that Fanatec sends wheels to community for testing. I mean official review sites just would not get the point and just say driving is much more difficult than with PAD :)

No matter who gets people to register today to get more votes the winner will be a guy that deserves it.

The lead is clear now and I believe that he deserves it. If most of the people here trust Mayman then he should be the one making a review.

Mr Latte was mentioned here, I wanted to see him applying as well but since he was a beta tester for CSR Elite wheel he was not able to apply.

Of course we all do you smart ass.You did not get my point did you. I ment that you might get people interested partly in wrong reasons, not that I was jealous for the money :) . We have already seen people registering just to vote and even for taking part of the competition. But this does not of course matter because we have a good community manager moderating the vote and the community gets to decide.

It is great that Fanatec sends wheels to community for testing. I mean official review sites just would not get the point and just say driving is much more difficult than with PAD :)

I hope writing "smart ass" was not intentional but accidental. Calling someone you do not know whatever you want do not require any intelligence. I did understand what you meant earlier but maybe did not make myself clear in my post - it was sarcastic, I guess I had to use a smiley, it would be clearer that way ;)

Anyway, I guess after all we are on a right path with this round.

I hope writing "smart ass" was not intentional but accidental. Calling someone you do not know whatever you want do not require any intelligence. I did understand what you meant earlier but maybe did not make myself clear in my post - it was sarcastic, I guess I had to use a smiley, it would be clearer that way ;)

Anyway, I guess after all we are on a right path with this round.

Ok let's leave it here, you seem to dislike my comment as much I did yours.

I like genuine people who have been around awhile and previously have helped other members regardless of reward.

I'm not keen on people with no history around these forums jumping in.
However without them there would hardly be any participants.

Is this a public poll? Is it possible to see who has voted for who?

I haven't put a vote in yet. I'm on iPhone so maybe it doesn't show who's voted for which person?

Spagetti69
I like genuine people who have been around awhile and previously have helped other members regardless of reward.

I'm not keen on people with no history around these forums jumping in.
However without them there would hardly be any participants.

Is this a public poll? Us it possible to see who has voted for who?

I haven't put a vote in yet. I'm on iPhone so maybe it doesn't show who's voted for which person?

It is possible to see who voted for who. Clicking on the figure of amount of votes will bring this up I think after you clicked "show results".

Wow the management are quick around here.
Cheers guys.

Other than patriot Zero I know no one who has voted for madcap. I'm sure he's a very respected knowledgable individual with lots of followers and supporters. ( just not around here ).

Desperate is a word that comes to mind.
And yes I'm not afraid to put it out there.

Sonac and Logi, you are doing reviews yourselves too, are you not?

Cheers guys.

Other than patriot Zero I know no one who has voted for madcap. I'm sure he's a very respected knowledgable individual with lots of followers and supporters. ( just not around here ).

I hope they are and from what I know they will.

Spagetti69
Cheers guys.

Well, I have a beta wheel currently. So I am still undecided as to whether it would be a good idea to do a review. I think it would give a somewhat distorted picture to the buyers when paired with the community test samples that will be send out to the reviewers.
I promised Thomas I would write one though, so I have an obligation to write something for GTplanet at least (and will be posted on Simology.co as well when I do). However I will have to have to talk to Thomas about it first, as he said that some mistakes were made with the gear send to me.
So I am still undecided.

Last edited:
Raitziger
Yes. Somehow people with just couple of months on the forums and people with zero posts seem to be most active in voting.

Look everyone has a right to vote that has joined this forum. Not everyone is the out spoken type and often likes to read the forum more then write in it. Maybe he or she made an account to vote on polls or whatever other reason. I am fine with having them vote one way or another.
What you are saying is basically that people who don't involve themselves in political discussions aren't allowed to vote at elections. I think that's a bit wrong.
The only thing I want to try to avoid is that we have a wave of people coming in just to make a vote for a friend. After all, this is a community review for GTplanet so you as a community should vote for the reviewer. And a community always exists of silent types and outspoken types, this is nothing new. So I say they are allowed to vote and I won't deduct those votes under any circumstance.

Well, looking at the voters of MATKAP, theres a large number who have joined on the 8th, 9th of April 2012, so meh, go figure. 12 would be a more accurate vote figure for him.

If he wins it there needs to be a recount.

Don't just look at the voters, look at the rules I posted.

Everyone is excluded if the join date is equal or later then the poll started. I will personally deduct these votes at the end of the round and post the corrected results.

LogiForce
Don't just look at the voters, look at the rules I posted.

Everyone is excluded if the join date is equal or later then the poll started. I will personally deduct these votes at the end of the round and post the corrected results.

Good man

Well, looking at the voters of MATKAP, theres a large number who have joined on the 8th, 9th of April 2012, so meh, go figure. 12 would be a more accurate vote figure for him.

If he wins it there needs to be a recount.

👍👍👍

Sorry guys . It's my fault .I just sent it forum posts about voting. Also became a member of friends. Sorry all members. Please vote delete 👍 Sorry my english :)

Back