CSW Community Test - Round 3: Vote - Who deserve the chance?

• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 134 comments

Who deserves the chance to test and review the CSW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MATKAP
👍👍👍

Sorry guys . It's my fault .I just sent it forum posts about voting. Also became a member of friends. Sorry all members. Please vote delete 👍 Sorry my english :)

It is all okay. That is why I am here to manage things and keep an eye. ;)
I wish I could put more restrictions on the poll, as to prevent this. Now I just have to do it manually. No big deal, just takes a bit of time.

Hmmm, without checking validity of the votes it is a tie as it stands. Interesting turn of events.

I've checked the validity yesterday....it's not close......something like 10 voters are April 8th signups or later.

Thanks for checking. Haven't gotten around to it yet testing the CSW. Maybe I should check it later today myself and write down the names. Saves time checking it all this weekend.

Well I checked one of the new members who signed up. He has no posts at all. His visitors page has been visited 20 times so someone's keeping a beady eye out.

I'll vote right at the end. I suspect a bit of EBAY bidding at the death lol.

Can I be honest with you guys? I never expected there to be so little interest in the CSW. Hardly anyone signed up. Just a few people of the total GTP member count voted. Plus to top it all off, where the hell did the discussion go? Compared to the CSR Elite hype this in my eyes is as boring as hell. I guess everyone bought a CSR Elite already because they got tired of waiting or something and thus completely lost interest.

Can I be honest with you guys? I never expected there to be so little interest in the CSW. Hardly anyone signed up. Just a few people of the total GTP member count voted. Plus to top it all off, where the hell did the discussion go? Compared to the CSR Elite hype this in my eyes is as boring as hell. I guess everyone bought a CSR Elite already because they got tired of waiting or something and thus completely lost interest.

Yeah, me too Christiaan. Only 80 votes so far.

At sonacs website there's a shocking only 19 votes so far.

On codemasters website only 15 votes ?

The only website that has a fairly decent turn up is iracing.com with 659 votes. With that kind of number of votes the race could still be fully open.

Could it be the recession maybe? Still strange to see this 'lack of intrest' in the mother of all wheels:tdown:

The only website that has a fairly decent turn up is iracing.com with 659 votes. With that kind of number of votes the race could still be fully open.

Could it be the recession maybe? Still strange to see this 'lack of intrest' in the mother of all wheels:tdown:

im so hyped for the wheel its just a lot of money. shame i wont be testing it. i think we have all just talked about it till we were blue in the face, and in reality we still have no info on the wheel. yes we have SEEN it, but really their is a big mystery around what the wheel now has for internals and what not.

Well I'm struggling to save for this wheel! And one of my TV's broke this week too!

The reason for the. Lack of sign ups etc on the CM forums is its in the off. Topic section. The main sections are dirt and f1 2011/12 so hardly any traffic is seeing the process.

But I too am shocked by the lack of interest!

Logiforce, wouldn't it be nice if Thomas gave you a CSW at half price for organising all of this? *turns to look at Thomas*

I think it's because of the lack of info about the CSW that people have lost interest..

EDIT: About this whole MATKAP thing, did he make new members to vote for himself or something?, because I voted for him because he has been here since like 2006 and I like the idea of an 'oldy' testing the wheel.

HoiHman

I am running the test on the US Playstation forums and we only got 6 candidates. My thread got viewed over 700 times but that is all I got. Just like here, there are plenty of members.

I think it has to do with a number of factors. Price being the biggest and most obvious. It may also be due to the CSW being more geared towards pc sim racers. Like you said the launch of fm4 and the lack 360 compatibility also probably played a role. The fact that, besides the rim, which let's be honest is mostly for looks and immersion, the csre is practically the same as the CSW was probably a factor as well.

Gdog96
Logiforce, wouldn't it be nice if Thomas gave you a CSW at half price for organising all of this? *turns to look at Thomas*

That's already part of the deal for CTM's

I believe it isn't fully lack of interest. As been said already in Thea last few posts and a handful of pages back, I think it is lack of any new info. I think the info and hype all was way to early. We had all the info for the CSW back in what October? Made sense if it was going to be released in December like originally planned but we are now almost a full quarter past that with no real new info.
What does the direct data port (not USB) do, or plans for it. It has been said that there will be more features andctuning options.... like what? Any tidbits that we get would spark some conversation.
Smart phone holder? How's the wheel going to communicate, via USB or blue tooth? What kind of info can be streamed over? Will it just be a display? Or would it act as a touch screen button box tied directly to the wheel?
Speaking of boxes? A fanatec made button box utilizing the direct data port of the csw allowing 1 USB out to gaming device?

We can speculate all day? But we have done that already.

As fa as polling goes? What did we have forgthe csr:e vote totals. These numbers seem to be right around where those were. And IIRC we only had about 13 applicants for that one?
Someone said it here and i said it pages ago, no big game release , 1/3 less target audience ( more or less) and upfront costs are most likely major factors in the seemingly low turnout here.

I didn't apply for this for a couple reasons. No PC in the house. Limited racing games available to me and lack of funds to buy the necessary games to test properly with.

Just voted for Mayaman.

Wow.. looked at the results for the poll. Is this vote for MatKap even close to real. I recognize only a few of those names, and the majority look to be just made up for the vote. Now look at Mayaman's votes.

I don't know about you guys, but I want someone who legitimately cares about the community to make the review for GTP. This isn't a contest to see who can create the most new users. This is a contest to see who the members of this community want to test the wheel.

redreevos
Just voted for Mayaman.

Wow.. looked at the results for the poll. Is this vote for MatKap even close to real. I recognize only a few of those names, and the majority look to be just made up for the vote. Now look at Mayaman's votes.

I don't know about you guys, but I want someone who legitimately cares about the community to make the review for GTP. This isn't a contest to see who can create the most new users. This is a contest to see who the members of this community want to test the wheel.

Read the rules I posted before screaming off of the roof mate. It's already taken care of. ;)

I was tempted to vote for MATKAP (hes an awesome iRacer) but I went with MAdRR since he asked nicely (plus he's an iRacer so gotta lookout for my own you know). MATKAP has a review but I think it's in another language. So I am concerned if he will write a nice English review. Sorry if this sounds kind of bad just trying to keep this on the level

Mayaman looked really strong too me. Wrote a nice, clear review. Looks clever. Has lots of equipment in his bat cave (reminds me of a certain someone from Project R)

Pingwhen is also an iRacer so was tempted to vote for him but his bio wasn't written very clearly too me (Logiforce I think he updated his bio maybe you should try to paste that into the main post if you have time)

Sorry guys I wish I had 3 votes. But Logiforce wisely choose to stick to just 1 vote.

This sucks :yuck:

Thank you Logiforce for organizing all of this. I give you mad props man 👍

Last edited:
Maybe the low turnout is because most people are console GT5 racers? I don't know. Maybe it's the deposit? Could be a little of both.

Last edited:
Well a challenging product to review this and kinda difficult, to likely fully understand what it offers until you actually get hold of one. For me it caters for the true sim enthusiast but also for the high end quality conscious Gamer who just has to have the best of things so not entirely for the sim nuts. The question is will some people be happy enough with a CSRE and perhaps an additional rim in the future or consider the CSW? The CSW rim quality is bound to make the experience more realistic feeling but the curious thing is what else does the CSW bring in surprises and features?

Maybe more excitement would be doing the rounds if we knew more on the features and the uncertainty on CSRE rims at present is if anything confusing potential buyers not sure yet what to do? No doubt going to be a fantastic wheel which is either expensive or surprisingly cheap depending to what your comparing it too. Will T500 owners, migrate or upgrade but maybe it's similar to comparing a DF-GT to a T500 and getting such an upgrade again in quality, build and performance.

Good luck to the winner but and no easy task putting across in words convincing the consumer how superior it feels which really is the "real deal" this will offer over past and competing products.

I'm just surprised that so few have taken the minute to vote, especially given the mysterious and ongoing tie here between Mayaman and MATKAP. I just looking forward to hear about direct comparisons to the T500, because these 2 wheels will likely be the only high-end wheels for consoles for several years now, I'm sure Logitech isn't gonna drop in with an all new design, they've still got a very solid market for their DFGT and G27.

It's not tied....Maya has a healthy cushion. Slightly less than half of Matkaps votes are newbie registers. At this moment 10 votes will be cancelled for Matkap. He's lucky there isn't a rule that voters must be active members of GTPlanet and have had some participation in the forums because most of his voters have zero post counts.

Last edited:
Current stats minus illegal voters:

Username | Votes | Illegal votes | legal votes | usernames of voters deducted
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HoiHman: 9 - 0 = 9
Mannix: 1 - 0 = 1
JoepW: 0 - 0 = 0
Gcr driver: 0 - 0 = 0
Pingwhen: 4 - 0 = 4
Mayaman: 32 - 0 = 32
MATKAP: 31 - 10 = 21 (votes deducted: aderanc, berker, bonbreka, crosspow, EfkanBirkiye, emaxe1, kemalyuk, sdfsd, Sentinus, TurkishKing)
GORDATA2NICE: 2 - 0 = 2
MadRR: 5 - 1 = 4 (votes deducted: arcturian)
Ilonioum: 6 - 0 = 6
R3N3G4D: 2 - 0 = 2

I was tempted to vote for MATKAP (hes an awesome iRacer) but I went with MAdRR since he asked nicely (plus he's an iRacer so gotta lookout for my own you know). MATKAP has a review but I think it's in another language. So I am concerned if he will write a nice English review. Sorry if this sounds kind of bad just trying to keep this on the level

Mayaman looked really strong too me. Wrote a nice, clear review. Looks clever. Has lots of equipment in his bat cave (reminds me of a certain someone from Project R)

Pingwhen is also an iRacer so was tempted to vote for him but his bio wasn't written very clearly too me (Logiforce I think he updated his bio maybe you should try to paste that into the main post if you have time)

Sorry guys I wish I had 3 votes. But Logiforce wisely choose to stick to just 1 vote.

This sucks :yuck:

Thank you Logiforce for organizing all of this. I give you mad props man 👍

Well first of all if you read the man's siggy that works on a certain project R, then you know where to find it. :P

Will check Pingwhen's bio. If anyone updates their info, please PM me so I can update your info as well in the OP on round 3. ;)

I stuck to one vote because we can only have one winner anyway. So you really have to figure out who you think would deserve the wheel the most. Although I know it's a hard decision.
Go figure how many people I would have to disappoint if there was a huge turn up. ;)

I think Sonac deserves most of the praise though as he did a lot of prep work already for us CTMs by putting down on paper the main guidelines and writing down all the other info for us. But thanks... I am glad it's going as smooth as it is going. I remember still the big discussions we had on the CSR Elite round. heh

Edit: Figured what you meant with updating his bio. I don't know if you read it, but he basically says there is no material. I edited this in the OP just now though so you don't get confused anymore. ;)

Last edited:
I saw he edited his application on april 5th so I wondered if you got his edit. You have it though it appears

Grats to mayaman for the current lead

Too bad poll is so long now he has to be kept in suspense like I was haha!

I was tempted to vote for MATKAP (hes an awesome iRacer) but I went with MAdRR since he asked nicely (plus he's an iRacer so gotta lookout for my own you know)

Thanks for your vote sandbox! I knew going into this it was going to be a big long shot for me to win since I don't have many post up here on the forums and haven't been a member as long as some of the others, but I appreciate every vote I have gotten. I wish my one friend that signed up and voted could have remembered his gt planet name, but he couldn't remember since it's been so long, oh well. He didn't know you couldn't sign up and vote till after he did then I told him the rules. Might have worked out anyway for me since I found a used elite I'm going to try and get to hold me over till the CSW comes out. Just would have been really nice to get the CSW half off.

sandboxgod
I saw he edited his application on april 5th so I wondered if you got his edit. You have it though it appears

Grats to mayaman for the current lead

Too bad poll is so long now he has to be kept in suspense like I was haha!

I made the OP from scratch on April 7th though, at the moment round 2 came to an end and I had to start the poll. So unless it was from after the seventh then it will be up to date.

Didn't vote, sorry guys and should of stated why earlier. Was off for two days over easter but when I seen the list of names I seen their was going to be a clear winner and anticipated the way this would of went.

Hope Mayaman can get access to a T500 to help give feedback to those curious that already have that rim. However I'm sure we are all in safe hands and look forward to reading future reports.

Mayaman definitely deserves it - he's a long time poster and didn't just register to make the application post, other applicants rarely post or did just that.

Good luck dude. :)

Back