Current PSN outage: Don't abuse or we lose this thread.

• Thread starter BWX
  • 2,574 comments

BWX

United States
NY
BWX232
Ok, I must not see it, but all the threads started about current BIG PSN outage seemed to be getting locked on GTP.

I assume there must be one thread specifically about the current outage that is not locked and that's why all the others are being locked.

EDIT... I don't want to double post so:

New video from Anon.
Anonymous: Message To All PSN Users 4-23-11
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqO4aOMzv8E#

EDIT 6pm EDT Sun., April 24, 2011 - Mod said this thread is OK- let's try to keep it civil, Thanks.

Mod edit: UPDATE: 15/05:
Sony
Sony Computer Entertainment introduces increased security measures ahead of PSN service restoration.

Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will today begin a phased restoration by region of PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. The phased restoration will be on a country by country basis beginning in the Americas, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.

The first phase of restored services for North America and Europe will include:

Sign-in for PlayStation Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords.
Restoration of online gameplay across PlayStation 3 and PSP.
Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Store Video Store on PS3, PSP and Media Go.
Q Music Unlimited, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC.
Access to third party services such as VidZone and MUBI.
'Friends' category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc.
PlayStation Home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every thread that pops up about this results in pointless, childish insulting that has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

The one that was reasonably successful quickly deteriorated into a bunch of people calling names and it was locked for it.

If you wan't current news, and information, I suggest you go to a news website.

EDIT: Just use Google to search for information, that's what it's there for.

BWX
Oh, I didn't see the last post in that thread. Well.. I don't know. Maybe people can post just about the current big outage in this thread or another thread? And not abuse it, and we can have a civil place to talk about it and keep each other updated about it?

I agree, but I don't think the Mods will . . .

Yea, . . . I guess . . .

. . .

Well I changed it. Now I'm nervous, LOL. I'll let it chill for a while. I hardly ever create threads.. I seriously thought I couldn't find the current open thread. I am using PS3 browser and controller to type (slow and hard to search properly).:nervous: If this gets closed I have me answer.

Sony released something on their blog a few minutes ago. Saw it on their Facebook page. Unfortunately it was a very general statement.

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

Last edited:
Contact a Mod before they find it themselves.

Ok, good idea. I have never contacted a mod. I guess I'll PM one..

EDIT-
Sony released something on their blog a few minutes ago. Saw it on facebook, will go find a link and edit this post with it. Unfortunately it was a very general statement.
That site crashes my PS3 browser. Cool if you could.

EDIT 2-
Where's the list of mods? I can't find it. - I found it.. PM sent.

Last edited:
This outage has me rethinking Sony. The issue I have is that it appears like Sony has created so much negative publicity, that it has essentially asked for people act out. I can't say I blame people who are fed up. It is because Sony went to such an extreme to claim it owns all PS3 consoles, that people (granted, idiots) took it upon themselves to inflict damage (allegedly). It is the corporate bullying of the consumer that led, in part, to this.

Once again, it is the consumer that pays the ultimate price. In addition, it may add question marks to whether a developer wants to build a game for PS3 because of the multitude of factors (the hacking, the network problems, the ethical behavior of Sony). It might be time to just jump ship. As much as I love PS3, I love my rights, and the ability to play games without issue more.

edit: It's about time they throw up a new message. If they would make updated statements every couple of hours, people would be at ease. Even if there isn't any new information. Just a quick little sentence or two saying things are going well with the process.

I PM'd a mod like 15 minutes ago.. Hopefully they are cool with it as long as we're cool and don't abuse the forum.

I sent my PM to a ".Moderator Emeritus" before, seeing that they were online in the list. I just sent it to a real Mod.
Looks like Stephen220378 is trying to wreck this one already though, starting stuff.

Hey, I tried.

BWX
I sent my PM to a ".Moderator Emeritus" before, seeing that they were online in the list. I just sent it to a real Mod.
Looks like Stephen220378 is trying to wreck this one already though, starting stuff.

Hey, I tried.

Don't worry about that genius, he's mad.

If your thread does stay open and he keeps going on, just report him. 👍

A staff emeritus is still a moderator, the only difference is that they are not as active as the other moderators/admins.

And Stephen, read the AUP & not double post.

From the sounds of the Anonymous video, they're trying to cover for the unapproved actions of some of their number by suggesting Sony are blaming them for their own shortcomings.

Sony released something on their blog a few minutes ago. Saw it on their Facebook page. Unfortunately it was a very general statement.

I totally missed this thread because I only scanned the first few words of the title, I don't mind at all if a mod closes mine since it's doubling up for no reason. I think this thread should stay open and those serious about replying should report any abuse. That would make it safer.

I also don't know if you guys noticed but earlier on the EU blog the green light for PSN was "on." Could be a good sign.

I wish anonymous would hack their servers and release a PS3 firmware update including cross-game voice chat and a party system.

Hey, one can dream...

And this is why my important files are mirrored periodically, and automatically. Keep a local backup guys.

The cloud can fail. The internet can turn off.

And if all your data is in the cloud, you be somewhat disappointed

gPuSG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The cloud can fail. The internet can turn off.

Which is why I will never trust the cloud. How do you know these data centers will be private, secure and operational forever? I grew up in the era of storing your own stuff in your own house so no thank you Mr Cloud!

If I would estimate when PSN will be back up, I'd say around 1 P.M. EDT or tomorrow.

It's times like this that a part of me wishes that I had a 360.

If I would estimate when PSN will be back up, I'd say around 1 P.M. EDT or tomorrow.

It's times like this that a part of me wishes that I had a 360.

I say another 2 days :( And I am starting to wish I had that 360 as well.

ashes619
I say another 2 days :( And I am starting to wish I had that 360 as well.

I've got something even better. It's called a PC. Great grapics, tons of customizability, almost all the parts have lifetime warranties, and there won't be any PSN or Live outages. Ever.

With all the time I'd been spending on the consoles lately I'd almost forgotten the joys of personal computing.

Guess it's not all bad after all.

Back