Current PSN outage: Don't abuse or we lose this thread.

• Thread starter BWX
  • 2,574 comments
Is anyone else having issues with PSN?
I can login and play my games and all, but I dont recall my password and when I goto the PSn site to reset(forgot password link at login) it gives me
"Site Maintenance Notice

The server is currently down for maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

Its been like this for 2 bloody weeks for me.

I can't seem to find the exact code but closest I got was this:

80028ea6 - Connection error , Possible Proxy error power cord. Then shut off yourmodem/router, for about 5 mintues, then turn the modem back up firstand let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it sycn.Reconnect your power cable and flip the back swtich up again. Thenmake a new network connnection.

Thanks for support I tried to switch the router off, no luck, I can try to change DNS server adresses and see what happen, if the problem continue I'll report Sony. Do they have a mail for these kind of things?

Edit: seems like it was a OS update issue my PS3 was running 3.65 until yesterday without any problem (usually it notice me when I have to update) but today 3.66 became sort of mandatory for online (without notice) , so I updated the firmware, changed DNS and now it works.

Last edited:
I was browsing around when I read a bunch of complaints saying that the PSN was down again. Went to turn on my PS3 and sure enough, it won't log in.

I was browsing around when I read a bunch of complaints saying that the PSN was down again. Went to turn on my PS3 and sure enough, it won't log in.

It's working fine for me.

Parker

Yep it's down:

"MAINTENANCE: PSN Services will be inaccessible during this today's maintenanceAnswer ID: 2185

The PlayStation Network will be taken offline for maintenance on Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:00 PM PT - 6:00 PM PT. We hope to have these services up as soon as possible.

During this time you may:

Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store
Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network
Not be able to play online games
See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network

Note: When you log into the PlayStation Network, a message may appear which states, "the PlayStation Network has been suspended". This does not mean that your account has been suspended; it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance window has passed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

"

Oh well. A little bit strange that they'd do maintenance a couple of hours after the store's update, but that's life I guess.

Hi folks,

Sorry for this necro thread revival but I tried for more than an hour to log to the PSN but no avail. I get the infamous error message 80710D36, the same one that showed endlessly during the big downtime last year...

Anyone having the same problems? I'm wondering what's going on :nervous:

SmokingCones
Hi folks,

Sorry for this necro thread revival but I tried for more than an hour to log to the PSN but no avail. I get the infamous error message 80710D36, the same one that showed endlessly during the big downtime last year...

Anyone having the same problems? I'm wondering what's going on :nervous:

its maintenance, im still signed in though and so are my whole friends list :P

I'm a little annoyed that I can't use Netflix when the PSN is down. How does my Netflix account, in anyway, have anything to do with the PSN?

I really need to buy a Roku.

I'm a little annoyed that I can't use Netflix when the PSN is down. How does my Netflix account, in anyway, have anything to do with the PSN?

I really need to buy a Roku.

I can still use Netflix just fine. When it asks me to sign in I try, and when it brings the error message up I just hit the circle button and Netflix loads. It worked just like that for the PSN outage too.

Parker

Back