Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,582 comments
Ah, she was fired like I was fired from my last contract job, in that my contract was not renewed.

So in the national divorce, we’re getting Taylor Swift, the NFL, beer, and M&Ms? And they’re getting Kid Rock, catturd, Chick-fil-A, and Hobby Lobby?
You get all the cool actors from Star Trek, Mark Hamill, the Fonz and Richie Cunningham. They get James Woods and Jon Voight.

The judge did the dog test to see who gets Arnie and he went to you.

Ah, she was fired like I was fired from my last contract job, in that my contract was not renewed.
In addition, Favreau reportedly went to bat for her & saved her once before.

She fumbled the bag, plain & simple. I can only assume she’s decided to sue now bc she realized why Ben Shapiro is a failed Hollywood writer & $804 isn’t paying anyone’s bills.
One of the biggest box office failures of 2022 was “Terror on the Prairie,” the Ben Shapiro-produced Western starring Gina Carano. It marked Carano’s first major role since being fired from “The Mandalorian” over a series of social media posts that many viewed as antisemitic. The film only grossed $804 during its one-day theatrical run despite any star power that the actress might have on the political right.

Last edited:
Austin will be renamed New Alamo.
The only proper city in Texas with Republican leadership is Fort Worth. In fact Fort Worth is the largest city (13th largest overall) in the USA with Republican leadership. It's an outlier though*, because the next nearest is Oklahoma City at 20th largest overall. What's telling is that Fort Worth, while having a large population in an absolute sense (~960,000), is the 211th most dense city in the USA because it includes very large amounts of rural and suburban areas. (OKC is even further down the list at 320th, below absolute metropolises like...uh...Amarillo and Toledo?) Having lived in FTW for a number of years, I would say Fort Worth is definitely on the moderate end of the spectrum, overall, with a pretty liberal urban core counteracted by the rural areas. I've said it before, but the current Republican identity/worldview simply doesn't work above a certain density threshold because they rely on a rejection of cooperation and general awareness/empathy for other humans on a fundamental level. WHY CAN'T I SHOOT MY GUN OR BURN THIS BIGASS PILE OF TIRES IN MY BACKYARD?! ITS MY YARD DAMN IT. And yes, I've been to burn pile parties.

I don't have an exhaustive list, but I bet there isn't a single city in the USA that has all three of these:
Population over 250,000
Density over 3,000/Sq Mile
Republican Leadership

It makes me think that, based on current party alignment, the conservative American worldview is just the default point of view until you literally bump into enough people that it doesn't work anymore because it's mostly just the absence of a meaningful framework for cooperation or collaboration. When groups of people meet those thresholds above, they have to set more rules and gradually drift to the left. If you have a neighbor 2 miles away shooting cans with a 12 gauge shotgun in his backyard, you're probably not going to be too bothered. At 1 mile, it might be a little annoying. At 1/4 mile, it would be pretty disruptive. At 500ft its going to nearly unbearable. At 15ft its going to be physically dangerous.

*Only 2 out of the top 30 largest cities in the USA have Republican leadership

edit: We need some kind of student exchange program in the USA. And by that I don't mean having a Swedish person come stay in Minneapolis or whatever. We need kids from Corsicana Texas switching with people from Boulder, CO...or whatever. Might do some good in the long run.

Last edited:
What'll happen when they realise that they're an oil-rich nation on the US's doorstep? :lol:
Ron Swanson America GIF

The only proper city in Texas with Republican leadership is Fort Worth. In fact Fort Worth is the largest city (13th largest overall) in the USA with Republican leadership. It's an outlier though*, because the next nearest is Oklahoma City at 20th largest overall. What's telling is that Fort Worth, while having a large population in an absolute sense (~960,000), is the 211th most dense city in the USA because it includes very large amounts of rural and suburban areas. (OKC is even further down the list at 320th, below absolute metropolises like...uh...Amarillo and Toledo?) Having lived in FTW for a number of years, I would say Fort Worth is definitely on the moderate end of the spectrum, overall, with a pretty liberal urban core counteracted by the rural areas. I've said it before, but the current Republican identity/worldview simply doesn't work above a certain density threshold because they rely on a rejection of cooperation and general awareness/empathy for other humans on a fundamental level. WHY CAN'T I SHOOT MY GUN OR BURN THIS BIGASS PILE OF TIRES IN MY BACKYARD?! ITS MY YARD DAMN IT. And yes, I've been to burn pile parties.

I don't have an exhaustive list, but I bet there isn't a single city in the USA that has all three of these:
Population over 250,000
Density over 3,000/Sq Mile
Republican Leadership

It makes me think that, based on current party alignment, the conservative American worldview is just the default point of view until you literally bump into enough people that it doesn't work anymore because it's mostly just the absence of a meaningful framework for cooperation or collaboration. When groups of people meet those thresholds above, they have to set more rules and gradually drift to the left. If you have a neighbor 2 miles away shooting cans with a 12 gauge shotgun in his backyard, you're probably not going to be too bothered. At 1 mile, it might be a little annoying. At 1/4 mile, it would be pretty disruptive. At 500ft its going to nearly unbearable. At 15ft its going to be physically dangerous.

*Only 2 out of the top 30 largest cities in the USA have Republican leadership

edit: We need some kind of student exchange program in the USA. And by that I don't mean having a Swedish person come stay in Minneapolis or whatever. We need kids from Corsicana Texas switching with people from Boulder, CO...or whatever. Might do some good in the long run.
Does Dallas count? Our Mayor decided to switch to the Republican Party (which is going to cost him re-election for sure) & our city council is nonpartisan.

Last edited:
Does Dallas count? Our Mayor decided to switch to the Republican Party (which is going to cost him re-election for sure) & our city council is nonpartisan.
Dallas is not a Republican city.

Screenshot-20240207-133108-Samsung-Internet.jpg

At this point it's weird when they don't.

These people are gonna be soooo pissed when they figure out where "Aryan" comes from. Also, who are the two black guys in Greenland?

Last edited:

These people are gonna be soooo pissed when they figure out where "Aryan" comes from. Also, who are the two black guys in Greenland?
I'd say they are Inuit but they leave all of Nunavut empty so it is probably more wise to call the poster stupid.

I must have misunderstood your post then. I know we're not a Republican city, but you were referring to a proper city in Texas with Republican leadership & our mayor switched parties to the glee of the outer counties.

I must have misunderstood your post then. I know we're not a Republican city, but you were referring to a proper city in Texas with Republican leadership & our mayor switched parties to the glee of the outer counties.
I guess I mean that Dallas has Republican leadership on a fluke, not because voters voted for a Republican. I would be genuinely shocked if he won re-election, if he even runs. Fort Worth has had Republican leadership for as long as I can remember.

Second one also includes Trump's age.
Mr Healy's newspaper recites a litany of excuses for this blatant double standard such as Trump dyeing his hair (and face lol) and his unpredictability being attractive to his voting base. Guess they want to watch the world burn.

Last edited:
Mr Healy's newspaper recites a litany of excuses for this blatant double standard such as Trump dyeing his hair (and face lol) and his unpredictability being attractive to his voting base. Guess they want to watch the world burn.
The Times has really gone downhill of late, while on fire.

Back