Custom Grid Tool - Custom Grids for Solo Quick Race

• Thread starter Animera
  • 36 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
GTP_Animera
Bleh
User crowtrobot has created a tool that allows a user to pick their own grid.

Details here.

gridTool.jpg

multiclass.jpg

I think its more SMS 'won't' rather than 'can't'.... i'm sure it will be on the sales pitch for PCars 2 along with Custom championships...

If someone can put this together for multiplayer, I'd be stoked...this is one of PCars biggest failings (simple common sense stuff people want in multiplayer -- butttttt no.)

I think its more SMS 'won't' rather than 'can't'.... i'm sure it will be on the sales pitch for PCars 2 along with Custom championships...
"More variety in cars equals more mesh data equals less performance."
This is a quote from Ian. With a powerful pc this is no problem but with the consoles the performance loss is probably a big problem.
And i'm pretty sure if it was that easy, SMS would have done it.

This is a quote from Ian. With a powerful pc this is no problem but with the consoles the performance loss is probably a big problem.

Sure they will find away for PCARS 2......

OK look i'm going to edit and expand. This annoys me, constant excuse of console/PC power..

SMS decided to make this multi platform, they did that due to knowing from Shift 1-2 the big rewards of that.
Now because of that they can't just rely on "well consoles aren't good enough" "consoles are at max already!!"

No one forced them to go multi platform with this title and you only need look at sales figures to see why they did, but please """" off with the excuses already.
You can't just sell shed loads of games to console players (when you said all was equal) then suggest to 85% of the customers that they should of got a PC to really enjoy the game to its fullest.....
Will they use this excuse for PCars 2 in the forth coming sales pitches? Will they heck!

PC sales what 15%
Xbox 25%
PS4 make up the rest approx.

Think about this (you wont because your blinkered) they say PCars on consoles is at "max" the consoles can barely cope.... so why then are they even bothering to sell us PCars 2 with more features and apparently better physics and tyre model?! Where did they find this extra? Its at max already!!!

EXCUSES EXCUSES...

Last edited:
Sure they will find away for PCARS 2......

OK look i'm going to edit and expand. This annoys me, constant excuse of console/PC power..

SMS decided to make this multi platform, they did that due to knowing from Shift 1-2 the big rewards of that.
Now because of that they can't just rely on "well consoles aren't good enough" "consoles are at max already!!"

No one forced them to go multi platform with this title and you only need look at sales figures to see why they did, but please """" off with the excuses already.
You can't just sell shed loads of games to console players (when you said all was equal) then suggest to 85% of the customers that they should of got a PC to really enjoy the game to its fullest.....
Will they use this excuse for PCars 2 in the forth coming sales pitches? Will they heck!

PC sales what 15%
Xbox 25%
PS4 make up the rest approx.
And what would you do if you where SMS ?

And what would you do if you where SMS ?

I'd make loads of excuses for PCars 1 about console power especially the bandwagon of Xbox 1 only having any issues, realise deep down there were issues though, work harder on PCars 2 to get the best out of consoles as thats where the money is (simple things like why add MORE trees to tracks that don't have many? , erm do we need badly done leaves flying up into the air?) remove bits, cut down on trees in places, work harder to optimise game for ALL platforms...dont out source QA on the cheap....

Then sell PCars 2 to the same people you have been saying are on the wrong platform.

Hang on, i think they did some of this already..

Can i add again, can anyone tell me they like the patch of leaves just randomly sat in the road in a square shape? Look i know not what that takes up in resources, but hell just why?

I'd make loads of excuses for PCars 1 about console power especially the bandwagon of Xbox 1 only having any issues, realise deep down there were issues though, work harder on PCars 2 to get the best out of consoles as thats where the money is (simple things like why add MORE trees to tracks that don't have many? , erm do we need badly done leaves flying up into the air?) remove bits, cut down on trees in places, work harder to optimise game for ALL platforms...dont out source QA on the cheap....

Then sell PCars 2 to the same people you have been saying are on the wrong platform.

Hang on, i think they did some of this already..

Can i add again, can anyone tell me they like the patch of leaves just randomly sat in the road in a square shape? Look i know not what that takes up in resources, but hell just why?
Whatever decision SMS makes, there always will be people complaining.

Whatever decision SMS makes, there always will be people complaining.

Maybe yes, but if your selling 1 million plus and counting copies of a game at between £25-£60 a pop, you do the math (and they got funded by WMD).... you'd better learn to deal with some HOWEVER negative, that's life, get a community manager and keep the 'boss' away from people talking objectively and harshly about his 'baby'.

They made ALOT of money on this game and mainly on consoles, i'd almost say exclusively on consoles, with that you open up to casual gamers, you in effect, for want of better word, you 'sell out'. With that comes a wider audience and a wider scope for clashes and bad feedback.
SMS seem to want to hang on to the "oh we are a small outfit" when it suits but other times bang on about how much experience they have of making racing games over the years right back to SIMBIN etc etc..
If you want it all, clearly SMS do, who wouldn't, you have to take the rest with a bit more class even if some of the people slagging the game off don't have class.
Allowing XBOX to get roasted and right up to saying people have a crap graphics card on PC its all been a bit messy....
I think most would agree it got very messy. I have an XBOX, my choice, i enjoy Pcars, i have TX wheel TA pedals full seat set up etc...i dont like being told i need a PS4 or a PC to be playing the 'real' PCars...
End of the day it is what it is, but the game got used as a political football for PS4 to put the boot inot xbox 1 and PC elitists to put the boot into 'casual console gamers' and it all seemed to be stoked up by SMS to get take the flack away from themselves...clever? yes, very..

So if the PS4 is already at his maximum power performance for Project Car 1 ,than..... why should I bye Pc 2 in your opinion ?

Unfortunately Ian is talking out of its butt then.
Cause if you set up multiclass races now and pick GT or something you get 20 different cars in all shapes and sizes.
It's a total screw up cause people wanna race multiclass but in a proper way and not drive with cars from 1960s to now mixep up

Its like they are convincing themselves PCars 2 is being released on a whole new console.
Fact is us console players, you know the 85% of SMS's customers, got Quality Assurance on this game shipped out to a 3rd party on the cheap with Ian Bell admitting that and saying it won't happen again..... even after that people still defend it and even suggest in some cases that their copy was perfect.....
I'm afraid that pretend race cars latest article just nailed this whole thing...

Its like they are convincing themselves PCars 2 is being released on a whole new console.
Fact is us console players, you know the 85% of SMS's customers, got Quality Assurance on this game shipped out to a 3rd party on the cheap with Ian Bell admitting that and saying it won't happen again..... even after that people still defend it and even suggest in some cases that their copy was perfect.....
I'm afraid that pretend race cars latest article just nailed this whole thing...
How ironic, you talk about pretend race cars,but you bought the game?
Now that's funny!

How ironic, you talk about pretend race cars,but you bought the game?
Now that's funny!

Why? it cost me just over 20 UK quid. The game is flawed and in parts utter garbage, but for 20 quid its well worth it for the good bits.

P.S. That isn't irony, Alanis was wrong.....

Last edited:
Why? it cost me just over 20 UK quid. The game is flawed and in parts utter garbage, but for 20 quid its well worth it for the good bits.

P.S. That isn't irony, Alanis was wrong.....
The irony is a pleathera of posts and money spent. But hey! I guess some people are gluttens for punishment. Considering your up on Pretend Racetards articles,why would you purchase the game! I mean the National Enquirer/ litter box of Sim reporting should have convinced you as well as some blind people not to buy the game. Sorry my apologies to the blind people. But hey its only my opinion.

The irony is a pleathera of posts and money spent. But hey! I guess some people are gluttens for punishment. Considering your up on Pretend Racetards articles,why would you purchase the game! I mean the National Enquirer/ litter box of Sim reporting should have convinced you as well as some blind people not to buy the game. Sorry my apologies to the blind people. But hey its only my opinion.

Honestly i'm lost here with you, what are you saying to me exactly?

I purchased PCars for £25 for ltd edition game 6 months ago. I've played it ALOT, in places its pretty much broken..but there is enough to do like even just drive UK tracks etc etc for me to be happy with the out lay....BUT...i'll be dammed if i'll suggest that everything is rosy because it really isn't.
I have read that pretend race cars thing and i don't sit at home on my 'rig' and believe what i do in PCars is that real beyond me using my arms to steer.
So if someone says "PCars isn't a SIM" i dont cry and feel like my life will end if i dont jump into defend it.
I can read IBMD and not feel like i'll never ever want to watch a film thats less than 8/10 again...why not look at site that are impartial about games??
At the end of the day i pays my money and make up my own mind...
Whether PCars is good or bad is one thing but the fanboys on official forum are delusional to the point of a religious cult.. so Pretend race cars are correct..IMO...

Having great fun right now with this tool, customising my own grids. Just did an one hour WEC race yesterday, with 8 LMP1s, 8 LMP2s and 14 GT3s.

Already have plans for a VLN type grid, consisting of GT3s, GT4s and some Road Cs. Other than that, I am very unimaginative at the moment. Any other ideas from you, guys?

This is the sort of question that the gaming sites should be asking SMS as we approach the release of PC2!
It would be interesting to hear the excuses!

Whats the betting they suddenly find some extra power within the consoles? No doubt down to their personal genius....

They could start by removing trees that don't belong there some tracks are tree heavy yet in real life they aren't.
Remove those awful badly drawn piles of leaves that form in perfect squares on random parts of the track and return next lap despite having had 20 racing cars drive over them.... leaves really don't remain on racing tracks for long if ever...
Remove pointless badly drawn rubber 'marbles' which dont do anything if you drive over them and sometimes in replays they look MASSIVE! Its weird.
Learn to optimise properly for the main customer base, consoles, 85% of us don't want to hear that PCars 2 is best on a 30k gaming PC for people with no life.

Last edited:
Whats the betting they suddenly find some extra power within the consoles? No doubt down to their personal genius....
I don't have high hopes for PCars 2 tbh. Once again they seem to be trying to over deliver and I Suspect it may end in disappointment again. I hope I'm wrong though! One thing is for sure, SMS will not be getting any preorder funds from me. I've said it before but it bears repeating-"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Back