Custom parts from real manufacturers (bodykits, etc)

• Thread starter kowreck
  • 33 comments
My thought is that the RM system could return as a way to convert various road cars into their racing variants, or at least have it apply to the cars with made-for-game racing versions, like the Hyundai Genesis Coupe or the Subaru WRX STI Gr.3 racecars in GT Sport. I also think it'd help slim down the dealership menus if those made-for-game racers were only available via this revived RM mechanic, and if a car has multiple racing versions (e.g. Hyundai Genesis Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B) you could pick between them, though they'll vary in price. You'd also have to obtain the made-for-game homologation specials for those respective race cars, like the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 or the Mitsubishi Lander Evolution Final Edition Gr.B.

A successor/revival of the RM system could also be a way to obtain made-for-game tuners, like the Mazda Roadster Touring Car, even if they're in the N-Series and not the "main" racing groups like Gr.4 or Gr.3.

Otherwise, I definitely agree real-world bodykits would be great, but at the same time, why not just have the "whole package" and include the tuned version of the car? So for example, why offer the TRD 3000GT bodykit for the Supra A80 when you could just offer the TRD 3000GT itself as a tuner you could buy from TRD in the dealerships? It'd be complete with all the parts TRD had modified or added to the Supra A80, instead of the alternative of a Supra A80 that only looks like a 3000GT but has entirely stock internals.

Last edited:
Back