custom race

• Thread starter jwaaa17
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
is it possible to setup a custom race like in gt with cars and track of your choosing against the ai? really meant to put this in the forza motorsport forum. sorry.

Last edited:
You can choose the class of cars but it's pretty wonky with how it works but you cannot choose individual cars like GT7 sadly, this was a very missed opportunity IMO as the GT7 custom races are probably the best i've experienced in any game.

Tracks along with time of day and weather can be chosen aswell.

If racing against road cars then then the cars will be stock except yours or they will just match you with cars that match your PI instead and if there aren't any then the AI will use the same car.

Unfortunately you just pick a class and it provides opponents of similar PI, typically including multiple copies of your car. I would think this is because the free play races pay out decently well so you can’t just pick slower opponents and get the difficulty bonus without the difficulty.

I`m having fun levelling up 60-70`s daily drivers in free play. (hotter cars later)

My basic setup:
Advanced freeplay, racelenght: custom (10 laps?), sports difficulty, max ai drivers, max difficulty, ascending PI grid-order*, weather: variable, car division: any(!!) car class: open or your pick, year min: 1960*, year max: 1980*, weight min: 1500lbs (to filter out 60`s F1 cars),

Open Setting, then "gameplay & hud":
Mini leaderboard: ON, show time.
Names over cars solo: position
Drivatar designs: ON
Race activity feed: ON

Basic tuning: soft(est possible?) springs, start with moderate/low ARB, damper bound +/-5, rebound 9-11+. Play with tyrepressure & ballast to balance the car, differential brake, RWD; start at 55%, tighten up until it starts to understeer. FWD; 30-35%.

Some cars might gain a lot just by changing the gear-ratio, testdrive! Have fun!

* your pick..

Last edited:
Back