Quality of life features that should be in Forza Motorsport (2023) in future updates

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 43 comments
Post all these on the official suggestions hub where they may get enough votes to be considered.
Reminder about this, greater chance of suggestions getting implemented if they rack up enough votes in the official place :)

I threw a few in over the weekend, mostly around the livery editor.

- Different homespaces like they showed in the trailers. And also different tod for the homepsaces like GT7. The homespace lighting is soo bad, and we can't even change the car possition.

- Better driver customisation like changable the glover and helmets.

- Reving the car in the upgrade menu to hear the sounds after upgrades.

- Shifting animations, they are soo bad in FM. They need to fix this.

- Bring back the pre downgraded graphics on pc. Things like grass and trees are downgraded heavily and they are all there in there own menu, pre release footage, achievment list and stream pictures.

- Remove the white vignet at night, or make it a option. Its anoying playing on my oled with white corners, it breaks the illusion.

- Ai cars need to be more detailed because they look worse than FM7. I don't expect them to use lod1 like the player car but they are sometimes really bad even 2m in front of you.

- Some ligths on the cars don't work like the nr on the side of the lmp cars.

- Add the option to have sunny fog weather for custom races lile the one in the builders cup.

- More replay angles like a passenger seat one with 360 camera movement.

- Motion blur in cockpit view, how is this still not a option.

- More settings to adjust the image profile like sharpness, saturation, black level,... sliders.

Replays would be much more useful with an optional overlay showing map position and race position, I feel. Or at least tell us which lap we're on.
Is there a way to pick the cockpit camera viewpoint? Because I cycled through the camera positions and they were all external.

Restarting practice shouldn't require that I go through the opening cutscenes again.
I agree this shouldn't be a thing but at least it gives me a chance to readjust fuel load if I forgot it the first time around, although there's an option to do this while practising. I haven't tested it to see whether it actually works on the fly, though.

Of course there's an intermittent bug where it gives you a 100% fuel load and reducing it doesn't tell you how many laps it'll last.

I agree this shouldn't be a thing but at least it gives me a chance to readjust fuel load if I forgot it the first time around, although there's an option to do this while practising. I haven't tested it to see whether it actually works on the fly, though.

Of course there's an intermittent bug where it gives you a 100% fuel load and reducing it doesn't tell you how many laps it'll last.
It should take you back to the menu, not the cutscenes.

FM8 just received an update which improved the car progression quite significantly, but still needs more work. You get to access a majority of upgrades much earlier, and when I say that, I mean after completing one tour of the Builders Cup on average (roughly up to car level 15 if you work through the practice sessions as well). And also, conversion upgrades are now accessible by car level 25.

But because upgrades are unlocked much earlier, there is the burden of the prices of certain items becoming too expensive with the use of car points. Here's two suggestions for that:
  • Remove the Car Points system entirely and have the upgrades available for purchase with credits.
  • Retain the Car Points system, but reduce prices of all upgrades by half the original value (e.g. race tires would originally cost 1,700 car points, but with this idea it would be 850 car points).
That way, this would make even conversion upgrades much more easily manageable before reaching car level 50.

Lastly, I'm still hoping for the car progression system to have the following, so that it's much fairer and more reasonable:
  • Duplicate cars do not need to be leveled up again.
  • Even if you sell all examples of that particular car, the car level will still remain there, so that it's more permanent.

The mirror should be wider and available in all views, I don’t know why the likes of Turn 10 and PD don’t do this.

Also the car points system should be completely scrapped. It’s the worst part about this game.

Last edited:
Making the difficulty settings discrete options rather rhan the current three 'presets'.

Specifically, it should be possible to disable rewind without having the most strict penalties.

Apologies if I missed this, but when downloading a tune, show upfront how many CPx you're going to need for it, rather than only after having to select the tune and download it.

And inevitably be told you don't have enough haha

I tried downloading one, suggested car level required was 13 (mine was 19) but I only had 3300-something and the tune required over 5000.

Also the car points system should be completely scrapped. It’s the worst part about this game.
I'm thinking maybe a compromise could be to remove the link between car level and building/tuning, but to keep the manufacturer discount, and maybe change the manufacturer discount so you get 1% every 10 levels instead of all at level 50, so you at least get some benefit from using cars in the tour series, which causes you to level up many cars partially rather than a smaller number to level 50. I'd have no objection if they also wanted to retain the building/tuning limitations as an opt-in feature for those who like it, just like only those who like livery editing and photograph taking have to use those features.

Another QoL feature it has only just struck me is absent from the game is longer individual single player races like GT7 has, with significant strategy options. What they should NOT copy from GT7 is the fact that there is no payout for many of the best races in the game after the first time you get gold (the 1 hour mission races).

Last edited:
Back