Quality of life features that should be in Forza Motorsport (2023) in future updates

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 43 comments
Philippines
Philippines
GBalao888
GBalao888
Given that Forza Motorsport 8 is missing a lot of features seen in past games, it's rather shocking to see that these have been left out somehow for launch. Don't get me wrong, it is an amazing game, but still far from being the best Forza Motorsport title ever released. Below are some quality of life features that should be in the game in future updates, and let me know which features should be implemented later on. New cars, tracks and career mode events will eventually get added down the line, but there are bigger issues that need to be spoken of.

(Do NOT ask for car models to be re-scanned/remodeled).

Free Play:
  • The ability to select manufacturer-based car-specific colors on rental cars, and to tune the default setup on a rental car. (Link to Forza suggestion will be placed below)
  • The ability to handpick our opponents' cars for a custom grid in Advanced Event Setup (similar to Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo 7).
  • Custom championships.
  • Added options for practice and qualifying.
  • AI opponents are not just limited to using the same cars over and over again, especially in Quick Event setup. (choose between "Same Class", "Same Division" or "One-Make Race").
  • The return of drift mode.
  • If ever drag races return, use FM7's "Experimental Drag" as the foundation.
Career:
  • Ability to adjust race length.
Car Progression:
  • Progress tied to a car should carry over to duplicate examples of that particular car, and even if you sell all examples of that car, their progress will remain the same instead of having to go through leveling it up again.
Garage:
  • Ability to label a car as a "favorite".
Community:
  • The return of the Auction House. But enforce it in a way where there is no form of scalping cars, or at least have it toned down, so auctions are fairer.
  • Ability to share and save custom Free Play races and custom championships (akin to EventLab in Forza Horizon 5).
Customization:
  • Wheel offset upgrades.
  • Anti-lag for turbocharged cars (make it a separate option).
  • Wheel profile (for certain cars).
  • Horsepower and torque graphs on the car upgrading menu.
  • Freer camera movements in the livery editor.
  • Using other players' decals will no longer mean that you cannot share your livery.
  • Decal uploader (similar to Gran Turismo 7) for more accurate decals.
  • Ability to listen to the car's sound as its engine is being upgraded.
Photo Mode:
  • New photo mode features from Forza Horizon 5 implemented in the game's photo mode.
Online/Multiplayer:
  • Split-screen multiplayer. (Xbox Series consoles only)
  • The ability to spectate online.
  • The ability to race with the AI in private multiplayer lobbies, and to hand-pick their cars.
  • "Public" private lobbies.
  • Options for practice and qualifying on private multiplayer lobbies.
  • "Tag (Virus)" if ever open spaces return (Private multiplayer only).
Liveries on certain race cars:
  • Liveries on the following race cars to be fully fixed and implemented, such as:
  1. 2017 Aston Martin #7 Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  2. 2018 Audi #44 Audi R8 LMS GT3
  3. 2017 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima
  4. 1999 Nissan #23 NISMO Clarion R391
  5. 1984 Nissan #20 Coca-Cola Bluebird Super Silhouette
  6. 2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID
  7. 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI

Other:
  • Ability to select between preferred individual units for power, weight, torque and speed.
  • Reward cars, especially time-limited rewards, should be available for purchase in the car dealer and available as a rental car in Free Play whether the player has completed their respective featured tour/showcase event in advance, or immediately after the event expires. (Link will be placed below)
  • Eventually, the removal of the always-online requirement for any progression and access to majority of game modes.

Any other features you might want to suggest?

Last edited:
choose between "Same Class", "Same Division" or "One-Make Race".
This is already on free play, just go to advanced option, Also it not just it that you can do but has other options you can do such select the IP of the opponent cars and even the "Same Brand" if you want

• Reward cars, especially time-limited rewards, should be available for purchase in the car dealer and available as a rental car in Free Play whether the player has completed their respective featured tour/showcase event in advance, or immediately after the event expires. (Link will be placed below)
I had sent a reply for you in Forza Forums, but since it seems you had not saw my post there, so let me take the chance and repeat it here:
They already confirmed that that Spotlight cars in updates will go straight to Autoshop and will stay there as long the game exists, not just it, but IT IS CONFIRMED THAT IS A BUG that is causing the update cars from not showing from free play, IT IS NOT PROPOSITAL

Last edited:
Number 1 for me is proper frame rate limiting as is already present in FH4 and FH5. I refunded the game on Steam because it doesn't run smoothly on PC due to the lack of proper frame rate limiting. External frame rate limiters will never do as good a job as proper frame rate limiting in the game itself (I just experimented with the RTSS frame rate limiter on Rocket League, and the game runs 100% smoothly with in-game frame rate limiting, but the RTSS frame rate limiter gives occasional stutters). Until they fix that, I'm not buying the game again.

Number 1 for me is proper frame rate limiting as is already present in FH4 and FH5. I refunded the game on Steam because it doesn't run smoothly on PC due to the lack of proper frame rate limiting. External frame rate limiters will never do as good a job as proper frame rate limiting in the game itself (I just experimented with the RTSS frame rate limiter on Rocket League, and the game runs 100% smoothly with in-game frame rate limiting, but the RTSS frame rate limiter gives occasional stutters). Until they fix that, I'm not buying the game again.
I honestly find Steam to be a very terrible platform to get the game on. I'm not sure if buying it on the Microsoft Store on PC makes any difference, but at least I was able to run both Motorsport 7 and Horizon 5 through that platform.

Then again, FM8 requires a very beefy PC, and to be honest, I'm no expert when it comes to PC specs and configuration.

Last edited:
I honestly find Steam to be a very terrible platform to get the game on. I'm not sure if buying it on the Microsoft Store on PC makes any difference, but at least I was able to run both Motorsport 7 and Horizon 5 through that platform.

Then again, FM8 requires a very beefy PC, and to be honest, I'm no expert when it comes to PC specs and configuration.
I doubt if the store makes any significant difference to performance. Daniel Owen also found the new FM to have loads of performance problems and to be nowhere near FH5:

I personally won't buy anything on the MS Store any more because it automatically downloads updates even if you have auto updates turned off, and I don't want it randomly consuming my bandwidth without my permission like that.

Replays would be much more useful with an optional overlay showing map position and race position, I feel. Or at least tell us which lap we're on.

For me, it urgently needs a better steering wheel support.

The steering wheel in the cockpit needs to turn the same as the steering wheel at the wheel base.

If a car (race car for example) has a smaller steering angle than the standard 900 in the game, the game should automatically adjust it.

In general the FFB should be improved. In no other racer with some ambition it is so hard to find a setting that fits to some extent (maybe it's me).
Would be great if the game, the steering wheel accurately recognizes and possibly already offers a suitable mapping (oh a t300 so setting xy)

The camera in the cockpit views should also be adjustable in height

It would be great if the RPM and speed can be displayed centrally.

The driving physics in general could use some improvement. It is a bit too slippery

A sideways and backwards view in the car including everything that is in there.

Car Progression:
  • Progress tied to a car should carry over to duplicate examples of that particular car, and even if you sell all examples of that car, their progress will remain the same instead of having to go through leveling it up again.
Why would you buy another example of a car?

Why would you buy another example of a car?
It'd be easier to have multiple tunes and liveries available for a car. A good QoL feature would be to make these easier to switch between, especially in multiplayer races where time is shorter.

It'd be easier to have multiple tunes and liveries available for a car. A good QoL feature would be to make these easier to switch between, especially in multiplayer races where time is shorter.
I thought you could access your tunes from the menu before racing?

I thought you could access your tunes from the menu before racing?
Even better. I was just guessing wildly as I'm too busy with the Builders Cup to try out the multiplayer.

Can you have multiple instances of your car as multiplayer opponents with different liveries?

Last edited:
Even better. I was just guessing wildly as I'm too busy with the Builders Cup to try out the multiplayer.

Can you have multiple instances of your car as multiplayer opponents with different liveries?
Don't know. I'm busy in the Builders Cup.

The ability to change size & colours of the proximity "radar" arrows so they are easier to pick out on the screen.

Dream QoL rip out the arrow system and replace it with an ACC style radar. That way I could turn off the horrible rear view mirror too.

Car Progression:
While I absolutely enjoy the car progression in Builder's Cup, I think we might need a method to skip the leveling all together in the future.

- Maybe, we should have the option to buy any car at lvl 50, but disqualifying it from Builder's Cup?

- I could also see a system, in which you can buy or earn tokens to level a car to 50.
Photo Mode:
  • New photo mode features from Forza Horizon 5 implemented in the game's photo mode.
I totally agree, but I also would like T10 to have a look at GT7's photo mode options, especially the "mini photoshop" it has built in. Functions as levels and curves can make photos so much better. Brightness and contrast just don't allow the level of control, you get with the proper tools.

Last edited:
There’s no “restart race” button when you have rewind active, not sure about if you don’t have rewind but there’s times when you need to restart from the beginning and not to mention the first 30 seconds or so when you can’t rewind so if you get rammed off the track at the start you’re basically screwed.

There’s no “restart race” button when you have rewind active, not sure about if you don’t have rewind but there’s times when you need to restart from the beginning and not to mention the first 30 seconds or so when you can’t rewind so if you get rammed off the track at the start you’re basically screwed.
I just hit "quit" and "restart race". Is this not working for you?

You can also skip practice sessions as well. Turns out that not a lot of players know where to look.
Yep, although it's a pretty odd and nonintuitive place to put the option. Adding a restart option straight on the top menu could possibly be a quality of life improvement.

Last edited:
One I’ve found interesting in regards to customization, is the lack of ability to hear the car with new parts added.

They promoted the audio improvements in FH5 and have this option to hear the car when adding upgrades. Strange how it is not carried over to FM2023 where the sound has also been nicely improved.

Last edited:
It would be nice to be able to test a build during builders cup. At the moment, AFAICT, you get one shot at a new build before each race, and are then stuck with it for practice and race. It's often clear after one lap of practice that you need a different build, but you're stuck with it. It would be good to either be able to change the build during practice, or have a test session where you can change the build before the practice session.

It would be nice to be able to test a build during builders cup. At the moment, AFAICT, you get one shot at a new build before each race, and are then stuck with it for practice and race. It's often clear after one lap of practice that you need a different build, but you're stuck with it. It would be good to either be able to change the build during practice, or have a test session where you can change the build before the practice session.
I think, you can quit the cup, rework your build and enter again. It would be much better to rework your build in the cup, though.

I've yet to pit in during practice. Does it give you an option to tweak your build there?

I think, you can quit the cup, rework your build and enter again. It would be much better to rework your build in the cup, though.
From practice you can exit back to the menu then enter the race again, and you get another chance to change the build. I've also discovered that from the Exit menu, you can skip practice, so it's not actually that bad when you get used to how to do it.

On the QoL features, now I've played the game quite a bit, I've concluded that if the level up system is going to remain, it should at least give more car points per level, maybe as much as 50% more points per level. At the moment, you're consistently limited by car points rather than access to upgrades. You get to 11 and put race tyres on and have barely any car points for anything else. Level 20 you weight reduce and have no car points for anything else. Level 40 you swap the engine and have no car points for anything else. When you finally get to level 50, it gives you a huge number of points for that final level increase. But according to Steam achievements, only 7% of players have got even 1 car to level 50 so far, so the majority of players are yet to enjoy the ability to freely experiment with the build of even a single car.

The other consequence of being starved of car points is it eliminates tuning because all the upgrades that let you tune but don't cost much PI, such as diff and anti roll bars, aren't viable due to the car point cost, unless it's a car that starts with a PI near a class limit.

The game has been very badly received on Steam, it has a terrible positive review % (way worse than FH4, FH5, and AoE4 to name some other MS games), and the reviews are criticising the same elements that have been criticised on this forum, such as the poor performance and the level system. The player count is also terrible, peaking around 4k so far, vs 80k for FH5 when it released. I hope they listen to the feedback and make the changes the game needs.

Another couple of suggestions:

1. Rivals should default to soft tyres and min fuel, as there is no reason to use anything else. Having to dig into the menus to activate a "make my car faster" option is just silly. Also, it resets every time you change the build, and it's time consuming when you forget to change it again, notice your tyres are mediums and have go out to change it and back in.

The tour events should also default to soft for dry races, and 1 lap more fuel than the min needed, as again this is what you want almost all the time. I say 1 lap more fuel than needed because I have run out if I set it to the absolute min the game predicts is needed.

2. It would be good to be able to re-run individual races from the tour series. E.g. I've just done the Road America race in the wet in the "Built to race" series, and it was a great graphical showcase, so it would be nice to be able to run just that race again to record it.

Back