Custom Soundtracks in GT5 - What are you listening to?

Now that we know we are getting the ability to create custom soundtrack in GT5 - I am interested to know what everyone plans to listen to while we have the "Drive Of Our Life".

Me personally, I will have a mixture of some of my favorite Trance artists, like Juno Reactor, Above & Beyond and Sunny Lax.

Some soundtracks will be thrown into the mix as well, with a little Transformers 1&2 Steve Jablonsky score action; as well as a bit of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Rocky, The Running Man, Escape From New York and Krull.

So, what will all of you be listening to?

Im not going to be "that guy" who post a thread link in this thread to the GT5 music wishlist thread, lol.

Schwayze and Audioslave is all I need, again lol.

So can we upload music from CD's?

Amon Tobin, Kid606, Wipeout soundtracks and 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' (the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey) whenever I'm either doing time attacks at Tsukuba or driving at the Nürburgring.

Also Dolby Anol, Exile, Mr. Scruff... Although so far on most racing sims/games I just turn the music off, though that might be because I don't like any of it. Except for Wipeout HD, of course.

I'd probably do just about every (good) track there is that ever appeared in a GT game. (i.e. just about all of Feeder's songs)

Now that we know we are getting the ability to create custom soundtrack in GT5 - I am interested to know what everyone plans to listen to while we have the "Drive Of Our Life".

Me personally, I will have a mixture of some of my favorite Trance artists,

You basically just listed alot of my playlist ;)

Of course I've also got some drum & bass and other Electronica as well, but thats what I have in mind. First song would be this one:

Stavesacre, Project 86, HEAD (Brian "Head" Welch), Demon Hunter, RED, The Beatles, The Myriad, Rush (Red Barchetta :P ), Relient K, and (hopefully) Thundering V8's!!!

Was this confirmed by PD?

As far as I know Sony is'nt allowed to do this with any game beccause Microsoft has a patent on this for the Xbox360. There is only one game I know of that allows this on the PS3 which was released, can't remember the name of it now but every, not sure what the outcome was vs Microsoft but no other game has implemented this feature.

Last I heard Sony was trying to find a loophole.

As far as I know Sony is'nt allowed to do this with any game beccause Microsoft has a patent on this for the Xbox360. There is only one game I know of that allows this on the PS3 which was released, can't remember the name of it now but every, not sure what the outcome was vs Microsoft but no other game has implemented this feature.

Forza Motorsport 3 is the Xbox's GT I say.

Last edited:
You basically just listed alot of my playlist ;)

Of course I've also got some drum & bass and other Electronica as well, but thats what I have in mind. First song would be this one:

We have the same taste in music! 👍

That song is awesome, BTW! Who is it?

LOL!

That's like saying that you can't put music on your iPod because Microsoft says you can't. :D

J/K :sly:

MS has a patent on any 'system of delivery' software or hardware which allows custom soundtracks to be played while playing a game on consoles.

This was a big thing for PS3 users when fight night round 4 was released, xbox's could use custom ring music while noone else could. The thread with the link to the patent/license was pretty large, its on the EA sports world forums for FN4. I can't direct link to it at the minute because im in work and its blocked by the firewall :grumpy:

Best I can do right now > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=custom+game+music+-+ps3&meta=&aq=f&oq=

2nd link down discusses it, I can't even access it because its blocked 'Reason: Games'

All I can say is thank God GTplanet is no longer bocked :D

Last edited:

Pro evolution soccer 2009 on the ps3 allows you to use your own music tracks, which helps distract you from the cheap looking menus the game has.

although not while your actually playing the game

MS has a patent on any 'system of delivery' software or hardware which allows custom soundtracks to be played while playing a game on consoles.

This was a big thing for PS3 users when fight night round 4 was released, xbox's could use custom ring music while noone else could. The thread with the link to the patent/license was pretty large, its on the EA sports world forums for FN4. I can't direct link to it at the minute because im in work and its blocked by the firewall :grumpy:
that's true, I got fnr4 and I'm very pissed off... custom music feature only for x360 version. Now I understand why

Any song performed by the group "rage against the machine"..

that song in the video is in Motorstorm: PR ;) (the first video)

Back