Customizeable HUD

• Thread starter Paolosev91
  • 33 comments
I would actually use cockpit view more with my HUD disabled if I could adjust my field of view and reposition the camera. At the moment in almost every car, the field of view is just way too narrow to be playable and the camera locks me into a position where I can barely see the track or other cars.
The FOV is the biggest problem. In GT5 with the secret menu, I had the beautiful-est FOV you can imagine. I was drooling whenever I play. It was basically how I taught myself to always use the cockpit view. But then when GT6 came out, I completely forgot how bad it was. I almost cried b

I really like being able to turn everything off, but it would be fantastic if we could also have the option to remove the rear view mirror in bumper-cam.

They should add MPG counter (which you could turn off if you don't like but it's a really interesting addition).

take your favourite car, take it to Nurburgring or to another track with day/night cycle and rain and remove the hud. I think that it is a fantastic experience. Without the hud you can see more and appreciate the little details such as reflections on parts of the cockpit, raindrops reflecting the colour of the lights surrounding the circuits at night and so on.
I did this a few times and honestly, it was a really boring and dull experience, probably because of all the blackness from the night and cockpit. It didn't feel like real thing at all and the sounds were only making it worse.

Also bring back the odometer!

Last edited:
I think that one of the features that spoils the gameplay and immersion is the hud.
Have you ever tried removing it? The cockpit view is fantastic. If only it was possible to see the car's dashboard in all conditions, I would play many races without the hud.
However, it would be nice to have more option:
for example: what about the possibility of removing/adding the names/cars of the opponents list, as well as other parts of the HUD? It is an easy update, it would take polyphony 1 day to add this feature.

What do you think?
If you have doubts: take your favourite car, take it to Nurburgring or to another track with day/night cycle and rain and remove the hud. I think that it is a fantastic experience. Without the hud you can see more and appreciate the little details such as reflections on parts of the cockpit, raindrops reflecting the colour of the lights surrounding the circuits at night and so on.
I used to do that with Forza 4 all the time cause I had the wheel. Volume up! What a buzz lol

Back