Daiki Kasho is Working on New Music for Gran Turismo

Can’t really get into this artist. It’s part of the reason why I either Spotify my own playlists or shut the race music off completely. Still, it’s good to see that fellow GT fans are pumped over this news.

Last edited:
No. Weird considering GT5/6 are allowed to do this but not in GTSport.
If I had to guess, it's probably because Sport isn't a mainline GT title. I mean, it felt that way before they added the GT League, along with the lack of new Daiki Kasho songs.

I kept on tweeting to Kaz about the lack of a custom playlist a few times, btw, but to no avail. =/

Shame thoes songs by Daiki Kasho in GT Sports early beta were cut... I hope they could be used for GT7.
I think most of the Daiki Kasho songs from GTS beta are in the full game.

I am glad they added Soul Surfer and Break Down to GTS' soundtrack. My favorites in GT4's soundtrack.

Was so hoping for a Daiko Kasho song in GTS but I don't think I ever heard one. The credits song has a bit that sounds like an excerpt of a Daiki Kasho song.

I think most of the Daiki Kasho songs from GTS beta are in the full game.

I am glad they added Soul Surfer and Break Down to GTS' soundtrack. My favorites in GT4's soundtrack.

Nah, I think he means the song from the Subaru VGT trailer, as it was in various convention demos before we got our hands on the beta. Shirrako confirmed a while back that it was him, btw:

Was so hoping for a Daiko Kasho song in GTS but I don't think I ever heard one. The credits song has a bit that sounds like an excerpt of a Daiki Kasho song.
I'm 90% sure that was actually him, as it sounds way too much like his GT6 song, "Place In This World."

I'm also pretty sure these jingles were by him as well:

Last edited:
Nah, I think he means the song from the Subaru VGT trailer, as it was in various convention demos before we got our hands on the beta. Shirrako confirmed a while back that it was him, btw:

Ah I see. Thought he was referring to the songs in game because Day to Live and Place in this World are in the closed beta but made it to the full game.

Played GT1-5 and can't identify any of his songs
He first started in GT3 and Omega Boost as the news post says. I don't think he was in GT1 and 2. Correct me if I'm wrong there, though.

Well, as said, his most notable work include the openings for GT3 (U.S. version), GT5 Spec 2.0, and GT6. "5OUL ON D!SPLAY," GT5's lead theme, is his most popular song, I believe.

Last edited:
Guess the song!

1- “Life is too precious to waste”

2- “Past is what, past is what, will be past you”

3- “When the daylights in my eyes, it wakes me and I feel alive”

These are my Top 3 in no particular order.

Guess the song!

1- “Life is too precious to waste”

2- “Past is what, past is what, will be past you”

3- “When the daylights in my eyes, it wakes me and I feel alive”

These are my Top 3 in no particular order.
When Survive or Soul on Display comes up when I'm driving I remember the good old intros for GT5 Prologue and GT5, almost get distracted every time, back when life was nice and easy, and games were actually fun.

Back