Daily race C is plagued by cheaters.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 179 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey
Turkey
talhaONE
Daily race C is plagued by cheaters again. You can cut the last chicane and penalty will be written on the next lap so it doesnt affect the lap you just complete.

Edit: Cheat is working at last lap of the race. You almost gain 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Yes, saw the post earlier and wasn't surprised. Such a shame and why I have not yet raced here even though I know it'll be a lot of fun. I had enough of this when Catalunya was added will all the those who had cheated starting in front of me. At least this "trick" is not much use in the race, unlike the Catalunya one where some cheaters did it every lap.

Is that just in qualifying or does it apply to the last lap of the race too?
I didn't see anyone doing it today in the races.

Why they can't just say if all 4 tyres leave the black stuff then you're outside track limits

Last edited:
Is that just in qualifying or does it apply to the last lap of the race too?
I didn't see anyone doing it today in the races.

Why they can't just say if you're inside tyres hit the white line, you're outside track limits
Qualifiying yes. I dont know for the last lap didnt tried.

Unfortunately I don't play GT Sport on weekdays, so I don't know if this cheat is happening in the 3 world regions

So what can happen is Polyphony resetting times and adding a barrier where cheaters cheat, and maybe after the Honda Civic Type R `98 on Willow Springs online Time Trial controversy, some accounts will probably be suspended, or banned.

Yeah it's annoying isn't it @talhaONE What would you suggest PD does to such cheaters?

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191105104342.jpg

I haven't had much of a go at Spa so far but I'm wondering, if/when they throw in some barriers here will it ruin the field of view as you approach and try to line up the chicane?

Just one possibility, PD might not bother getting off their backsides until it gets to the point where every single top 10 time is held by a cutter.
Maybe everyone needs to cut in order to force some expediency of response to this situation?

Please tell me he didn’t start a thread about dirty times AFTER setting a dirty time? :lol:

He did, 6 minutes after. :lol:

Not that it changes his point about it being plagued with cheaters, if anything it actually enforces it. There are probably 100+ cheaters by now, who will likely just block and barge as they can't race as fast as their leaderboard position. So yes I'm avoiding Spa until this is sorted, I'm not cutting just to get an accurate (and fair) grid slot. :banghead::(:mad:

So yes I'm avoiding Spa until this is sorted, I'm not cutting just to get an accurate (and fair) grid slot. :banghead::(:mad:
I did a couple of races before this emerged, but like you, I'm not contemplating racing again, or trying to improve my honest QT, until it's fixed, as there's no point when the leaderboard will probably be wiped.

Personally, I think the PSN rule about unintended game mechanics does more harm than good for things like this. If it didn't exist, I'd happily just take that fastest line, and it would be a level playing field. Yes, we'd still want them to fix it, but while waiting for that to happen, everyone would be starting in the correct grid order because everyone would be able to take that line without breaking the rules. This was always the approach Forza took for the bounty hunter monthly rivals. There was one track where you could demolish some objects to clear the way for a faster line on a later lap, and it was deemed legal, the rule was if the game lets you do it, it's legal.

I haven't had much of a go at Spa so far but I'm wondering, if/when they throw in some barriers here will it ruin the field of view as you approach and try to line up the chicane?

PD could simply add a reset point there. Hopefully not those big blocks that can be moved and end up in the middle of the chicane :lol:

To be fair how would anyone be able to report an available cheat without actually trying it themselves and posting evidence ? It's not like you can cheat then erase your time after taking Screenshots and then set another fair one. At least you could quit after qualifying instead of going ahead with the actual race with a corrupt grid place. That would be the sportsmanlike thing to do after posting proof of the cheat.

To be fair how would anyone be able to report an available cheat without actually trying it themselves and posting evidence ? It's not like you can cheat then erase your time after taking Screenshots and then set another fair one. At least you could quit after qualifying instead of going ahead with the actual race with a corrupt grid place. That would be the sportsmanlike thing to do after posting proof of the cheat.

When this was a problem with Goodwood I wanted to see and understand how it worked (because it involved placing the car very specifically to make sure the penalty didn't trigger until after crossing the finish line). To do this I drove the lap slowly before attempting the cheat, to make sure I didn't set a qualifying time faster than I actually had the ability for.

That's not what the current top times are doing.

I wasnt trying to not getting busted tho.

That's a very robust argument. The defence rests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back