Daily race C is plagued by cheaters.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 179 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be the single best thread I have ever seen on GTP

sorry if I'm late popcorn line was long.jpg

Not defending OP's actions or attitude, but wouldn't you prefer cheats to be disclosed rather than kept quiet?
Well, how hard would be to give space and do it from the last places(after all the OP don't even play Sport Mode on regular basis or even care about DR nor SR) instead?
Why take victory from another player which apparently raced cleanly?

So... without the chicane cutting, fastest lap should be high 2:16' or low 2:17'?

Think I saw some laps that were around 2:16.5 maybe even .3 done without cheating but then I have not even loaded the game lately, my knowledge is all from :gtplanet: so I could be wrong.

A quick look at the boards would suggest the above is likely accurate though, as I wouldn't think a few of the guys around 2:16.5 (or even a few tenths lower) have cut, as they'd surely be way quicker than this if they had. ;)

Yeah, I can see what you're getting at here, but as he has already completely ignored or dismissed those various well structured and reasoned posts in this thread attempting to debate/explain the scumbaggery of his actions to him, I don't think it's too low a blow.

Plus, he is clearly not too worried about letting his poor etiquette hang out for all to see. I don't feel bad about using his statistics, but I am not really in the habit of searching people up on Kudos for whatever reason. A poster above mentioned his stats and I got curious and just couldn't help but comment on that SR curve.
I can see that and it's definitely been a fun thread to read. Just feel it has been used poorly by some and that it's a bit much to use information players don't choose to go public with to attack.

I feel we should be able to opt out of such websites as Sony/PD aren't involved. A privacy feature added. I'll see if I can ask about that elsewhere though of course. Sorry.

I can see that and it's definitely been a fun thread to read. Just feel it has been used poorly by some and that it's a bit much to use information players don't choose to go public with to attack.

I feel we should be able to opt out of such websites as Sony/PD aren't involved. A privacy feature added. I'll see if I can ask about that elsewhere though of course. Sorry.
No need to apologise mate, you have a valid point here :)

So is info from the official GT website okay?
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/5266696/overview
"About Me
An Xbox and Forza fanboy who literally hates Playstation and Gran Turismo."
The OP has actively chosen to publish that statement.
All and any information Sony/PD make us aware of as public or anything a person chooses to offer is naturally all fine of course.

I'm not defending the original poster, he cheated and highlighted it himself. But to know anyone can be shamed this way is just poor.

Hahahaha, this thread is GOLD. A couple of points, though...

That depends on how good you cut the corner. I got penalties between 4-5 sec.

So you are also admitting to running this corner cut SEVERAL TIMES to get penalties over and over? That's even worse than just doing it once "to test" - which is, of course a load of old rubbish.

Nobody asked for your advice.

Well, actually, you posted in a public forum where people post their opinions. Yours is that you did nothing wrong (hilarious) and his is that you did very much wrong...

I am also saddened by this forum for not posting a single Shocked Pikachu meme to this thread as yet. So here you go:

TalhaONE.png

Also, just to add, credit to GTP for creating the article but not embedding the video - don't give the cheater anymore YouTube hits. Bravo.

Well, how hard would be to give space and do it from the last places(after all the OP don't even play Sport Mode on regular basis or even care about DR nor SR) instead?
Why take victory from another player which apparently raced cleanly?

Well yeah, but that's not what I was talking about.

All and any information Sony/PD make us aware of as public or anything a person chooses to offer is naturally all fine of course.

I'm not defending the original poster, he cheated and highlighted it himself. But to know anyone can be shamed this way is just poor.
I haven't been on this site long, but I haven't seen people randomly get bashed for their KP stats. This is a much different circumstance.

And sites like KP are really just keeping a historical record of what PD is making available.
Not defending OP's actions or attitude, but wouldn't you prefer cheats to be disclosed rather than kept quiet?
I don't wanna speak for anyone else, but I knew about this since Monday afternoon. This thread didn't show me anything new, apart from one of the greatest self-owns of all time.

I dont remember you in any of my race. I barely play sport mode.

My PSN name is different to my GTP name, cos I made my PSN name when I was like 13 and I hate it now, but also don't want to go through the hassle of changing it... But I know for certain 100% I have competed against you, sometimes multiple times in a row on the same day, several days in a row, until my time available to play slimmed down a lot a couple of months back so I'm therefore not in sport mode as much. I recognise names that I'm against often, and even more so the usernames that've done me dirty, punted me off, got me an unfair penalty, or have cheated their way up the board. I stand by what I said. Anyway, clearly you're mostly trolling at this point, and I'm not quite sure what you get out of it.

So is info from the official GT website okay?
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/5266696/overview
"About Me
The OP has actively chosen to publish that statement.
Weird flex, "literally hating" GT and PS and yet spending hours at a time on GTS on a PS4...

Outside of this: hopefully whatever PD do to fix it won't involve the giant ugly barriers again! Perhaps there's a way the game can work out a reset to before the corner when appropriate - for example if you cut it spinning backwards and hit the wall, maybe no need to reset cos that's a lost cause anyway, or if another driver pushes you into cutting it but you gain nothing from it and you don't then get double penalised and shunted back before the corner? Wishful thinking maybe.

It‘s just not handlebar. It‘ll require heaps of people to look into things not even worth reporting because some people are so easily triggered by just an overtake or whatever reason. Reporting on such levels will always be abused and there cannot be enough humans to look into all the cases
It‘s just not handlebar. It‘ll require heaps of people to look into things not even worth reporting because some people are so easily triggered by just an overtake or whatever reason. Reporting on such levels will always be abused and there cannot be enough humans to look into all the cases

Yeesssh except no, it is amazingly easy to sort out who needs to be looked at and who doesn't and i really don't care if it's a tough job, then they just have to buy the needed resources. Rules are useless when losers and low esteem players misuse them unpunished to gain much needed self esteem and false sense of greatness.

I am literally dying right now oh my god :lol:
This is brilliant
I’m gonna show this thread to my future children and tell them “This is why daddy says don’t be a hypocrite”

"About Me
This guy has more than 63.000 miles driven, level 47. And thats cause he hates GT.
Now imagine if he literally loved it!

I have more than 3x times less miles, I always considered myself a fan of Gran Turismo but now Im starting to wonder if I hate Gran Turismo too. Because if this guy literally hates the game, me and 90% of others players hate this game too! You know, we drive 10.000 miles, 20.000, 63.000 because this game sucks! We hate so much it that we cant wait to drive it tomorrow!

Yeesssh except no, it is amazingly easy to sort out who needs to be looked at and who doesn't and i really don't care if it's a tough job, then they just have to buy the needed resources. Rules are useless when losers and low esteem players misuse them unpunished to gain much needed self esteem and false sense of greatness.
How is it easy to differentiate incidents that need to be looked at vs ones that don't?

Any idea of an incident reporting system in Sport Mode is ridiculous. If there's one incident per Sport Mode race, were talking thousands of incidents a week. It's not really realistic to ask PD to hire people just to look at Sport Mode incidents.

I'm not 100% surprised, given that it's a newly-added course, and may have needed some additional testing. But I also have faith that it'll be fixed soon enough, if Goodwood Circuit's fix indicates anything. I personally would've waited a little longer after the update, before formally introducing Spa into a Daily Race lineup, but I can understand why PD would want to have it in the lineup so soon, too, for promotional purposes.

How is it easy to differentiate incidents that need to be looked at vs ones that don't?

Any idea of an incident reporting system in Sport Mode is ridiculous. If there's one incident per Sport Mode race, were talking thousands of incidents a week. It's not really realistic to ask PD to hire people just to look at Sport Mode incidents.

When a player gets enough bad flags he is investigated and banned if he turns out to be a bad apple. And just as it is with the real traffic laws, those that are enforced are rarely broken. Do the same in GT and behaviors will change. PD could start with a much better penalty system just to reduce the number of abuses that are let through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back