Daily Race C week 10 (Autopolis): question about 4C

• Thread starter dvdj
  • 10 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hi,

Fastest lap is now 1:48. I qualified with an Alfa 4C 1:51,6 which is pretty good for myself. I'm DR 'B' and SR 'S'.

I participated in a race but it was a disaster. The 4C was undrivable on sport tires after 2 laps and I went off track several times. Medium tires lasted 3 laps. I'm doing the daily races almost every week. I'm used to tire degradation but not in this way like the car becoming undrivable instead of just having less grip.

I'm looking for an explanation or a conclusion, something to learn from.
  • The Alfa 4C is a good qualifier but you shouldn't race it?
  • 4C and Autopolis don't go well together?
  • I'm too harsh on the tires and I just can't race a 4C?
Has anyone the same experience with 4C (hopefully...)?

Thanks!

Hi,

Fastest lap is now 1:48. I qualified with an Alfa 4C 1:51,6 which is pretty good for myself. I'm DR 'B' and SR 'S'.

I participated in a race but it was a disaster. The 4C was undrivable on sport tires after 2 laps and I went off track several times. Medium tires lasted 3 laps. I'm doing the daily races almost every week. I'm used to tire degradation but not in this way like the car becoming undrivable instead of just having less grip.

I'm looking for an explanation or a conclusion, something to learn from.
  • The Alfa 4C is a good qualifier but you shouldn't race it?
  • 4C and Autopolis don't go well together?
  • I'm too harsh on the tires and I just can't race a 4C?
Has anyone the same experience with 4C (hopefully...)?

Thanks!

I ran GR.4 4C in a league race at BMB and got around 10-11 laps on RM. Looking back at my practice notes I averaged 10-11 on RM and 15-16 on RH. I love driving this car so I can run some practice sessions on Autopolis and report the results. I like racing the 4C (GR.3 is even a better racer).

Why not post in the Daily Race forum? Many more people might respond and assist.

Enjoy your racing!

I ran GR.4 4C in a league race at BMB and got around 10-11 laps on RM. Looking back at my practice notes I averaged 10-11 on RM and 15-16 on RH. I love driving this car so I can run some practice sessions on Autopolis and report the results. I like racing the 4C (GR.3 is even a better racer).

Why not post in the Daily Race forum? Many more people might respond and assist.

Enjoy your racing!

It's GR.4 this week in Race C. I like driving the 4C as well, though I never experienced this cliff after just a few laps.

Which forum do you mean exactly? A folder or a thread? My message has already been moved apparently, thanks for that.

It's GR.4 this week in Race C. I like driving the 4C as well, though I never experienced this cliff after just a few laps.

Which forum do you mean exactly? A folder or a thread? My message has already been moved apparently, thanks for that.

This thread, it’s specifically for every to do with daily races. You should have better luck finding info there. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daily-race-discussion.373268/

Also, the Gr.4 4C is one of the worst Gr.4 cars now under BoP, it got nerfed really bad a while back, and now it’s not worth the time it takes to drive it. :)

Last edited:
The mediums should last longer than 3 laps.
How were you going off track? Was it through understeer or simply spinning off. As an MR car the 4C appreciates smoothness.
Can you show us a video of your issues and I'm sure the knowledgable people here can point you in the right direction.

Yes don't drive this car, it's so hard to drive quickly, some will manage it (and put the time in to learn) most won't. It hates cars being where it wants to go and also hates lots of steering, lifting or braking to avoid said cars and you spend all your time trying not to spin and that's before people start hitting you. 👎

Use the 86, SLS or Genesis if you don't want to use the Trophy, they are far easier and less trouble. 👍

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
The 4C is not undrivable and it's not eating through tyres. The problem with it is that since last summer it got a very "Gr3 Lambo" slide when off power or during braking. You have to get use to have almost always the throttle pressed a bit if you are braking and turning. In those cases, what for other cars would be 0 % throttle, for the Alfa should be 10-15%...

The car can be fast when you don't have long straights, but you have to learn to drive it...

The 4C is not undrivable and it's not eating through tyres. The problem with it is that since last summer it got a very "Gr3 Lambo" slide when off power or during braking. You have to get use to have almost always the throttle pressed a bit if you are braking and turning. In those cases, what for other cars would be 0 % throttle, for the Alfa should be 10-15%...

The car can be fast when you don't have long straights, but you have to learn to drive it...

Agree, not the fastest or easiest to drive (just like the GR.3 Lambo) AND will take time to learn how to control it BUT is a good car IF you put in the time and learn to drive it (again just like the GR.3 Lambo).

I second the Genesis. Start on RM for six laps. Cars that start on RS, are running heavy fuel and wear the tyres quicker. Don't worry about trying to fight. An RS behind you, if they are troublesome, let them go. They'll stay within reach and have to pit sooner. This will leave you with a clear track until you pit.
Switch to the RS at pit stop. You're carrying less fuel and have a faster tyre to fight(no need to defend) til the finish.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback all!

Yesterday I practiced and raced the Megane and finished second. I could use the softs for about 5 laps without any problems. So back to 'normal' fortunately.

I really like driving the 4C in qualifying, but in a race the tires are gone after 2 laps. As described above: almost immediately lift-off oversteer. I've enjoyed racing the 4C before but I guess that was in Race A or B where there is no tire wear. My conclusion is that with my level of driving, I'm better off with the Megane because it's more forgiving.

I chose Alfa in thr manufacturers for 4 or 5 seasons and found that the Gr4 C4 on some tracks in a handful, I tried it in one race this week and I was lapped by half the field as I couldn't believe how it behaved especially as I have driven it so much in the past. I love the Gr3 as in some of the FIA races it great on fuel and tyres. What it's sometimes where you have the fuel options is tolower the mix to reduce the power, I found this worked great at the wet race Spa as an example but can also work on worn tyres too.

Last edited:
Back