"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 10, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. beegentoo

beegentoo

I‘ve got a week off since my car is in regular check, mandatory 2-yearly technical certification and I‘m also getting a new windshield. Enough time for the dailies.

I tried one race B with the Ford-GT and no Qualification. Started 16th, Race was okay with not too much bumping going on. The game gave me door number 4 but I just advanced to 10th.

Then two C‘s with no Qualification, one with the M4, one with the Cayman. Races were generally more dirty. I started both in 14th. With the M4 I advanced to 11th (2s penalty included, had door number 7), with the Cayman I finished in 4th (door number 1:odd:).

Unsurprisingly the Cayman is smoother to drive, has adequate speed while still being quite economic on fuel and tires.

There was again an army of Mégane Trophy‘s but this car definitely loses all its magic once it consumes fuel and rubber.:mischievous:

Seems it‘s going to be a fun week. :)

3. Schalkehelmi

Schalkehelmi Premium

I will do some Race C this afternoon for aiming DR A!

Redsea666, ktsbence and Pigems like this.
  4. ktsbence

ktsbence

Thank you, do you only pit for fuel or tires as well?

Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  5. MDJCM

MDJCM

Just tried the new Race C and went backwards quickly on one of my favourite circuits, not sure what that is about.

EDIT: I was on Intermediate tyres, didn't think to check pre-race, I rarely do qualifying

6. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Hmm... just did a new livery for race C. I would have gone with my Bathurst livery, but I didn't have one for the 4C. With the lighting the way it is , my usual matt black would just give them an excuse for ramming me and saying it was because they couldn't see me. Think I'll have to grab some other custom colours from millage points when they roll around :crazy:. I think they will see this coming:

20200210233932.jpg

7. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Is it a thing that they aren't? It was one of those fellows who took me out in my first FIA attempt last night. I'll have to upload the video later, he did quite a nice job.

No time for racing today, unfortunately, as I have a Brewer's Guild meeting after work today. This may be a tight week in general, honestly.

Edit:

My best time for this combo at Goodwood was 1:31.598. That was the first week I had the game. Hopefully, I can crush that time now, haha.

I'll also probably use this week to test out other Manufacturers at Race B and Race C. My Jags have probably 3-4 times the amount of miles on them as my other cars, but I'm curious if there is something else that might work for me too.

8. golfer07840

golfer07840

The weeklies this week are :tup:

9. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Ring! Ring! Ring! Why don't you give me a caaaall? Yes wolks, Monday Madness at The Ring. Had no idea what a good time was. Had a peek at what the top 10 were doing and figured 5s off that should be about right. As already posted with the livery, first cab off the rank this week was the 4C. It's a cute little thing the way it skitters around the track. Very nicely balanced with just the right amount of tyre slip for my driving style. Not a good way to conserve tyres I know :p. I was slated to start P11, but someone left and I was bumped up to P10/18 on a mostly DR/C grid with a few stray Bs. I was surprised to be that far up, cause I know I'm not particularly fast around NGP.

No epic race report this time, just short and sweet. There were a number of trophies on the grid. I reckon on NGP, the C4 erm 4C would be deadly in the right hands. I was fuel saving by short shifting and picking taller gears when I could get away with it. I was still able to keep up with the trophies, except in certain spots, but if I wasn't conserving fuel, I reckon it would be a match for the trophies.

Surprisingly the race was pretty clean..probably due to the lack of DR/Bs ;). To be honest, I didn't notice the tyre wear, lap 1 felt the same as lap 9. I wasn't just rolling over for anyone, but if they managed to get along side me coming into a corner, I'd brake a little earlier and let them through, especially at the chicane. Sometimes they weren't expecting this and would overshoot because they thought I would defend... I'd rather stay on the track, and my fuel saving might have been holding them up :eek:.

People were pitting. I managed a no stopper with not much tyre wear despite me using the throttle to steer on most of the tight corners. I crossed the line in P5, with 0.7 laps of fuel left. Was almost P4, but the trophy passed me, but nearly lost it again :scared:.

SR blue, DR went up 700+ . Once again I can see the boarder gates for DR/B, but tomorrow is another day. People will have better qualifying times, and I will probably get matched with DR/Bs as the only token DR/C :crazy:. Another day on the DR/C journey :eek:.

10. Winnie847

Winnie847

I’m not sure if it’s actually a thing, I haven’t seen any of them being dirty myself, but the name suggests that they at least might be. SuperGT is the guy who spawned all these “Ram 4 Money” minions as a joke, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they are dirty, could just be fanboys. They were very clean with me.

11. SmokeyMR2

SmokeyMR2

R4M drivers (not always) tend to be high rated drivers who are using a 2nd account so most will race clean & fair as they want to have a good race like yourself but of course just like any group there will be the odd dirty ones. I don't think the R4M thing is an indicator of them going to be dirty as had plenty of good racing with some of these racers.

12. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Never had a problem with R4M players, I assume they are all just fans of Super GT and not out to get anyone.

13. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

Loll i have a R4M account it mean Racing 4 Money not Rammers ? Before calling out someone dirty look at is kudos profile , someone call me dirty last week at the mountain and this guy never made is to SR S before the penalty system bug last month lolll , im rated S on all my account since the beta :lol:

Mc_Yavel, Dairyworker, BenRod and 6 others like this.
  14. 250Cal

250Cal

OK, so the Huracan is not a good car for Race C! Way too juicy.

Pigems and Redsea666 like this.
  15. sturk0167

sturk0167

Clio at Goodwood is one of those rare A races where I get better lap times with A/T than with M/T. :odd:
    Maybe it's just me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  16. 250Cal

250Cal

Race C. People no stopping in the RC F and Megane with laptimes in the 2:06s. WTF.

Just written off 2500 DR trying to figure out strategy here. Not easy thus far.

Cherryturbo, Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  17. bone_tone

bone_tone

No, it's not just you - me too!

I found the same thing at the Laguna Seca event the week before last - 1 second slower with manual gears :drool:

Dairyworker, Pigems, watto79 and 2 others like this.
  18. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

I just no stopped in the rcf but my times were nowhere near that lol.

Pigems and Redsea666 like this.
  19. 05XR8

05XR8

In the Supra, just fuel. Again, that was flat out, with METAs all around me. I'd have to see how much I can save with short shifting, if I start close to the front. There's a benefit not having to travel as far, when the race begins.

Pigems, ktsbence and Redsea666 like this.
  20. beegentoo

beegentoo

Just had another Race C with the F-Type. The dancing cars bug stroke again. I was in fourth on the grid and after 12 cars left (including the blocking leader) we went our merry way. When entering Lap 1 as 1st I already had 7s lead to second. It was more like getting the job done instead of racing. Finished first with FL and CR Bonus.

Leftcurl, Pigems and Redsea666 like this.
  21. Redsea666

Redsea666

Sigh.... I guess I'll finally break down and use a FF for Race C this week. The silver lining is I'll be able make a new livery. I'll probably use the RCZ. Just really despise the Megane.....

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  22. GT5Power

GT5Power

Nah it actually means Ram 4 Money :p

I don't ram for money on my R4M account though. I do it for free.

Redsea666, Pigems, NoStopN and 3 others like this.
  23. 250Cal

250Cal

I'm close to giving up on this. I've just lost 33 SR (and 2k+ DR) in one race because one guy kept hitting me and every time he hit me, I got a penalty! There was, of course, the one time when I eliminated him but that's beside the point.

24. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Quite a bit of ramming at the NGP, mainly Meganes. I've been trying a few different cars on the slow slide to DR C, set a slow QT so I can get an idea of pace, plus I'm terrible at the series of corners after T1. Ended up mid pack in one race due to others shenanigans, quite a few missiles went screaming past me to take out the car ahead, I assume there was a bit history between them :lol:
    Keeping SR isn't a problem so think I'll spend the week alternating between B & C races.

Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  25. 250Cal

250Cal

I think it's either balls out in something really quick with a one stop, or fuel save and hope people ahead pit.

I've just had the ABS issues. Don't forget to go out in the warmup people.

Dairyworker, Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  26. sturk0167

sturk0167

I gained 9 spots at race B, even though I was slowest driver in the race.

Initially, I had the #16 starting spot because I didn't qualify. Before the start, 7 people got disconnected.
    So then I ended up beginning in the 9th spot. I should've practiced, because I was braking late everywhere.
    I had a couple of solo crashes, and started the final lap about 8 or 9 seconds behind the 8th place car.
    On the last lap someone quit, then another car drove into the pits before the finish line. I ended up barely beating him to the line.

So, I got from 16th to 7th while performing terribly. I guess, just keep racing. You never know what might happen.

*By the way, don't take the Pug VGT to that race. :yuck: :lol:

27. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Race C is very good but you have always to keep an eye on your gas consumption and modulate the liniter to finish the 9 laps.
    The main problem is that i drive roof cam and i don't have any rear miror to check the cars on my back . Also no radar because of gas map always on.

Why do mister PD put a rear view mirror only for bumper view ?? I hate this view , i only can drive seeing something of my car in front of me.

I feel like this.
    images (2).jpeg

But i like better this way.
    images (3).jpeg

28. 250Cal

250Cal

I'm heading for a DR reset here. The penalty system rewards divebombers. You've literally got to drive off the track if you want to avoid collision penalties. Gone from DR A SR S to DR B SR C in three races.

Redsea666, Pigems and williams_v_r like this.
  29. Winnie847

Winnie847

New team name: R4F (Ram 4 Free)

30. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Penalty system also highly rewards being rammed off at hairpins and/or chicanes on Race B.

Redsea666, Pigems and williams_v_r like this.