"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 6, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I figured I should do a couple of laps just to get a feel for things ready for Friday (read Saturday morning). Didn't do any laps yet for race A. Race B seems business as usual for Gr3. Later tonight I'll do Race B with the M6. After doing a lap and a half at the ring, it's obvious the team deciding what combination to run were listening to Simon and Garfunkel at the time :crazy:.

3. 05XR8

05XR8

This player in the R8 messed up my first race. Did the same in this second race. Too much placing the car in a spot when there's no way for anyone to back off. These cars don't maneuver on a dime. The GT-R was trying to seize an opportunity, but no need to predict a collision IS inevitable.

Don't know how I got a CRB after that
    [​IMG]

4. zavisic_

zavisic_

First top 10 lap is already here. 5th place in the world, enjoy

5. 250Cal

250Cal

How can it have less grip?

6. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Maggiore GP in GR3 is so damm fun

Managed a 1:56:6 up till now.

7. TomBrady

TomBrady

I'm honestly so sick of them doing this stupid gr.4 thing where we gotta use only front wheel drive cars, all of which I cannot stand. Especially when it's at a track I LOVE like autopolis. If they don't want to give us a free choice, limiting it to fwd cars is by far the worst option for me. I drive the 4C, the opposite of these lil crap boxes.

At least I can do the 4C in the gr. 3 race. Alfa romeo FOR THE WIN!!!!!

8. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

Nice driving. It's funny how you have to fake drive like a maniac and feint a fake dive bomb until they start over protecting the inside line and ruining their lap. The funny part was when you passed him, and then they sincerely tried to dive bomb you but only ended up trashing their own lap instead.

9. golfer07840

golfer07840

Race A - Eh, ok. I'll do it once in awhile. At least we have choices of cars.

Race B - One of my favorite combos

Race C - Love the Nord and when I bought that Porsche from the last update, I ran it on this track and I thought it was a fantastic car for it. So I'm really happy to see it used here.

zorrofox, NosOsH, DelboyD and 5 others like this.
  10. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I'm a very unhappy bunny. I entered Race B. Did my qualifying with the M6, which as it turns out is a bit of a rocket ship for me. According to PD I set my personal best for the track. That started me P3/16 on an all DR/D grid. I was happy with this, as I was expecting a mixed grid of DR/D and C.

The race starts, and no dramas through T1/2 3 or 4. Then we get to the big corner before the esses. For some reason which still escapes me, I kept over to the left, got 2 wheels on the grass before turn in, and spun out. I was royally PO'd with myself, cause it looked to be a good race. I fell back to last place. I was obviously a bit quicker than some of the field not just in qualy. I managed to bite and scratch and claw my way up to P6 by the vinegar strokes of the final lap. I had 1 corner to go... and I was :censored::censored::censored: disconnected :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:! Since i didn't even finish the race, I'll run the M6 again tomorrow.

So far KP is not registering a loss of SR, but the DR I gained from my win has evaporated with interest :irked:. Another day above DR 1 :mad:.

11. ToddSalad

ToddSalad

Amen! I am so sick of this pairing. Bring back Blue Moon Speedway and Alsace.

12. 250Cal

250Cal

13. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

Looking at leaderboards is so disheartening. 1:57.9 in the Italia at Maggiore and I thought that was pretty good. My previous saved time (one thing repeated combos is useful for) was 1:59.5 in the same car. Lo and behold, they're clocking 1:55s.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time there was an oval circuit in rotation. I enjoyed those. Blue Moon would be better now that there's no SR down for bump drafts. I remember dropping from SR S to B in 1 race. I'd like to see it return or better yet, the Infield circuit.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  14. benjoi84

benjoi84

Exactly. I often find myself internally talking to my pursuer saying "ok you're faster than me but you still need to perform the overtake, that's part of the skill"

Usually they bottle it

15. Winnie847

Winnie847

haha, thanks! that's a move I use all the time, fake move to the inside just to make them protect that line, then they often outbrake themselves and I get the cutback. If they don't move to protect the inside, sometimes I just take it, but racing from the backfield I've learned that a lot of the time even if I have the inside line and overlap they will just turn in on me anyway then drive off track to induce the penalty...so I almost never actually take the inside unless I have a whole car of overlap or if I'm racing against people I know. He did come very close to taking me out in the following few corners, probably missed me by a millimeter, but immediately after that I was 2s ahead, lol.

BallPtPenTheif, Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  16. Granadier

Granadier

Happy to see that they didn't go with the Lancer again for Race C. The 911 should be fun. On my alt. I predict a bloodbath.

Is Race A the pick of FF car again?

17. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

I will not touch race A, nor likely B. I will however be doing a lot of miles at the nord. It took a while to remember how to drive a porsche, but once i did, oh baby. This car feels great on this track. Only had time to complete a few laps after getting it under control. 8.01 something. I can definitely get under an 8, but not sure how much. I might be able to get a 7.55 i tend to underestimate how much faster I'll get through the week, but it was a decent lap so i don't see my self taking more than 5 or 6 seconds off.

18. DriftShock

DriftShock (Banned)

Jimmy Broadbent: Murder is illegal
    Daily Race C: How about no?

19. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Just done a sighting lap of race C around the Ring, wanted to keep the Porsche on track so kept it a easy, lazy 9 min. Going to try and clock a few fast laps then enter the mayhem.
    This is going to be a nightmare at full race pace. :eek: ha

20. TLA_nickdanbu

TLA_nickdanbu

For those that are unhappy with this weeks choice of races here is one from my first few days of PS4 ownership when I was a complete noob. I have since got to SR S and kept it despite the recent penalty chaos. Plenty of other vids on my channel and a few more to be uploaded soon.

21. Redsea666

Redsea666

He's playing Death Stranding. It's my "other" game right now as I usually play two at a time.

I do love Maggiore- the overruns on the esses are so fun to rip through. I'm, going to try the NSX, but I cannot seem to master MR still. Maybe I should try the 650s?

No more one-make races for me, at least not for now. Too much dirty work in the QT I match with. Last time at the Ring with the 86 was miserable. Consistently. No fun. At all. Nope. :mad:

Pigems, Tea_Leaves and Dairyworker like this.
  22. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Got my lap down to 8.11 at the Ring. Made a few mistakes, nothing catastrophic, will stick with this time for a few days.
    1st race went ok started 4th finished 2nd, swapped places with 3rd & 4th a couple of times. 2nd race, not so good, started 2nd finished 8th, mainly unforced errors on my part & being too cautious, just need to build my confidence in the Porsche.

23. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

After my grumble last night about the Porsche having no grip I have to change my statement. It has some sketchy grip. Did a few more laps and ran a race or 2. Much like with the 86 this thing rewards smoothness and straight lines. And will kill you if you hit a curb or the grass. :sick:

I still maintain that it drives like a death machine, I have to maneuver between hard power and the slightest smooth steering input possible. It is definitely a challenge and can be rewarding. Didn't have any problems last night other than me running off track in both races, except for 1 driver all over the place and spinning out down the track but not ghosting.:crazy:. I ended up spinning myself out as I slowed and tried to take a line around him but clipped the curb and started doing donuts myself:D.

Might have to just do QT and play a random Race A like I planned.

24. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

Maggiore looks to be the one this week.

25. koshmare

koshmare

This week hot laps

26. 05XR8

05XR8

If we had official or close to real TCR cars, it'd be different.

BaareCZ, DelboyD and Redsea666 like this.
  27. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

After my first race, I'm inclined to agree. I find it difficult to not upset the Porsche, prevent sudden oversteer and slide into a barrier with the wheel. I hit a Green Hell personal best at 20 seconds of barrier penalties. Finished last, and didn't cross the finish line. :O

I aim to practice more but it's not a very fun drive when I'm constantly needing to be mindful of steering input and treating it like a princess.

28. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Yeah, I was having to really push to he super gentle with the steering. With the lobbies I have been matching into lately I am mainly in a spot to ruin other people's races so that is my main reason for backing out. I have strung together some fast (for me) laps and kept smooth but have also trashed 2 other people's races because they couldn't avoid me when I lost it.

I can accept screwing my race, I get annoyed when I ruin someone else's because I know how :censored: it is on the other end. And even if I pull over they have simply lost the pack ahead, so :yuck:. But at least I found I actually still knew the track for once.

Am thinking of taking the time to really learn maggiore since it keeps showing up so much.

29. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

My QT is 1:57.0XX with Italia.
    BB -1 and practice is required

McLarensFinest and Redsea666 like this.
  30. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

I tried the Porsche this morning before work. Thought I would get a lap in, but ended up with 3 starts and not getting even 2 minutes in on any of them. I much preferred the 86 since you could get it sideways and stay in control. The Porsche is a pushy beast that seemed to go straight from bad understeer to terminal oversteer like a light switch. I'll have to get used to it and see if I can have any fun with it. If not, it will be B for me. I have no interest in front drivers (again)