"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 676 comments
Australia
The Bronx
SpacedustDaddy
Got a win in the alt. Qualified the C7 on RM. 29.xxx. Enough for P2 behind a 4C and ahead of a TT.

C7 just pulls up to the 4C no problem. I follow it for the first lap. Beginning of second lap, it goes wide T3. Gives room to let me by. From there, J pretty much checked on the RM.

4Cpits Lap 6. It was on RS! Me and the no second place TT, pit Lap 7 for RS. A Scirocco joins the party, passing the TT. A Viper passes the 4C for 4th. The 4C pits again. Switch chef from the RM back to RS.

I cross the line in 20 minutes flat. Scirocco crosses and gets the 1 minute penalty. They were 20 seconds behind.

An 86 had passed the Viper and 4C. Viper 5th, a Mustang 7th.

Pretty mixed field with 458s, GT-Rs, WRX, British Bulldogs.

Next race in the Atenza, a bit messy with this crew. A Scirocco just moving people off track. Seriously, rubbing them off mid-corner and exits.

I say qualify as high up as you can, with whatever car. 7RM/6RS is working for me and others. It's more about keeping your own pace.

United States
Tennessee
NoStopN
Looking at practice on Race 2 for tomorrow, any recommendations for Gr3 at Lake M?

Sadly, I can't. I've been able to win in multiple different cars. I guess that means that you need to learn the track. But my favorites include the Viper, Ford GT, & Corvette.

If you only like Sport Mode, I can understand deleting. If you just like cars, keep the game and just collect the ones you really like. Stay up!

Personally, I only like Sort Mode. The knuckleheads do ruin it for me & it takes a favorite combo to help me put up with those shenanigans. Race B & C look favorable to me.

I say qualify as high up as you can, with whatever car. 7RM/6RS is working for me and others. It's more about keeping your own pace.

This. One of the last times race C was at Brands GP, the tire choices were the same. I was able to get a couple of victories in the 86 Gr. 4. It's just easy to drive there. Similar cars (Mustang, Viper, Jag, AM) would likely drive similar. But a good qualifying time will be the biggest benefit.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Out came the trusted Beetle on Race B, quali 3rd in the late 57s. Survived the first 4 corners and then downhill into the tightening right hander, tagged on the back end, spun me round - ended up 15th. Dragged by backside back to 8th

Not amused

Australia
The Bronx
SpacedustDaddy
Well, thos FFs are kinda fast. Even the FF Megane towards the end of the rac. I was in RS in the C7. A WRX is about to get smashed. It bumped me last race and just offed two or three cars. That FF Megane got knocked on the last lap and finished behind me.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
did 3 race c this morning in the Trophy, that thing is hella fast round here!

first run started 10th finished 9th, one Audi driver who insisted i should visit the grass which led to a spin on lap 2, otherwise a quiet race.
second run was a disaster of my own making. started 5th, finished 15th.
Third run started 3rd, had a great race and was leading when i pitted on lap 10 for med tyres, came out in third, second binned it next lap I took their place but the driver behind was carching fast, he lined me up through lap 12 and took the place out of Graham Hill really cleanly and pulled away until... he touched the grass on the final corner and fishtailed all the way down the main straight before hitting the wall about a yard form the line! I felt so much for him (Let's face it, we've all been there)

Generally good clean racing this morning 🙂

Australia
The Bronx
SpacedustDaddy
Aww, man. Back to the rock 'em sock 'em smashfest. Wish the physics were like ACC. People can't get away with the stuff being pulled using GTS physics. I'm on the alt and I think I'm going to skip this stuff.

Last edited:
Australia
Sydney, Australia
Tried all 3 dailies:
- Race A - Lots or fun flinging the Mazda around, just try to stay at the front and avoid bumper cars.
- Race B - I like the track, but couldn’t quite hook things up in the Beetle on RM.
- Race C - Tried the slophy, potential for some good racing but being punted/spun and getting penalties ruined it. I might have a go tomorrow with an FF & try again.

MikeV27

Premium
Canada
Ontario
MikeV27
For the sake of my own mental health I’ve uninstalled...

That’s a shame. I’d say give the lobbies a chance, there’s always some good races going on in that part of the game. That’s where I do most of my racing these days.

Last edited:
Netherlands
Netherlands
HELP!

My son got F1 2020 yesterday. Somehow he managed to switch the gad pedal with the shift pedal. This is now also the default setting in GT Sport. I couldn't find a way to change that in options since it only displays steering wheel setting. Any idea how to solve this for both games?

Greece
Athens
VQS_Ntinoskonsta
HELP!

My son got F1 2020 yesterday. Somehow he managed to switch the gad pedal with the shift pedal. This is now also the default setting in GT Sport. I couldn't find a way to change that in options since it only displays steering wheel setting. Any idea how to solve this for both games?
I have a T300 and the way I did that (having been told it would do something else 😂) was by pressing the Mode + PS buttons simultaneously. Just do it again to revert it 🙂

United States
San Jose, CA
Little_Guppy_72
Race C summary. I ran a few on my alt. Brands Hatch Group 4.
  • Need to use both tires in the races - RS/RM.
  • The pit delta is 8 or 9 seconds though I did not pay close attention.
  • The Megane Trophy (MR), aka Slophy, is the choice. Good on tires and some are running 10 or 11 laps on RS. There are some drivers who are laying down top qual times in it so it is also fast in the right hands, not mine though. The Ferrari and the 4C are also doing well.
  • I have opted for the VW Scirocco (BB+5) until I can find another 1.5 seconds of pace in the Slophy.
  • Starting with RS, 7 or 8 laps on RS is the crossover point. By that time the RMs are faster than the worn RS and will comfortably last until the end of the race.
  • The tire wear is worst on the Left Front as would be expected at clockwise circuit
  • Overall, tire saving is not much of an issue given that everyone must stop. If you must save brake sooner and gentler into the right hand turns and save your aggression for the left handers as the right front will have less wear.
  • There are some guys running consistent 1:28 and 1:29 laps in race trim (Slophy). I have been able to manage consistent 1:30s with some 1:31s.
  • Few are using the FF cars but the tire wear fear is overstated. I managed a P3 in an Asia with DR.A and DR.B drivers. I think it was top split as it was middle-of-the-night.
  • A 1:27:* time will get a high start position - Monday.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Got the Beetle down to 57.0, there's another half a second for me if I can find the talent to get it.

Still quali in top half of the grid full of B/A and B/B drivers.

Off the back of this I had a go at LH challenge at Lake M, remembered quickly how much I despise the Merc, I'm a full 2 seconds slower

United States
United States
Me and my wife got the first jab a few weeks ago. I had a knot in my shoulder and my wife had a very rare side effect of the covid shot... :censored:ness.

I was fortunate to get mine just as they became available for use in the US. Out of the guys at work, none of us had really anything but a sore arm after the first one (maderna). The second one knocked pretty much everyone down.

personally I got sick after about 30 hours....stayed sick for 3 days. And randomly got chills for a week. My parents on the other hand, didn’t really feel anything. Tougher generation I suppose

Canada
Canada
I did it guys! Could leave work earlier than expected and squeeze 4 races Sunday evening.

Consistant pace with good people and there I go, A+ 52 700 at the end of the week.

It will not last long, already lose 1 000 today on race A. Will try to stop the bleed tomorrow on Race C.

Wish me luck.

PS: I will not be the jerk doing everything to keep the rating. I'm just glad I could get there. :gtpflag:

United States
United States
Had a good go at Brands early Monday morning here in the Americas. Ran the Scooby. Started P2 in a B/S lobby. Got a good clean get away, just ran smooth, avoided fighting. The Slophy in front ran all the way off at Surtees and rage quit. I started on the RM, did 6 goodish laps, swapped to the RS and did a few fast laps (though, just behind fastest lap). Over all, got the win, felt good about it. Think I'll keep working on the C race this week.

Canada
Canada
Ahhhhh Brands, why do I keep coming back? I guess because ibhave no choice, my pace at LM is just not good enough.

I try thr Megan and the scirocco, the vw is made for my driving stay and I pump in a 27.9, good enough I reakon.

I start 12th, wearing big 18 in a TOUGH room. A couple guys go off, lots guys pit etc to get off the medium but my tyres fade bad laps 5 through 7 and I come out on lap 8 in 10th with fast guys approaching. Lead guy catches me, gets past then he messes up and as I go to repass he pushes me off on purpose, absolute psyche despite the A+ rating. Finish 15th, not happy but room sontough I barely lose 100 points.

Australia
Australia
Brands Hatch is such a great circuit. I'm not particularly good at it, but I really enjoy it as a challenge. There are some aspects that I am noticing in my 4 races this week though.

1. The Slophy can brake really late. If you're not in a Slophy, don't try and outbrake it. You'll only ruin your own race and maybe the Slophy's as well.
2. Pit etiquette is sadly lacking. People need to put their indicator on along Clearways and then stay tight to the right. Swinging wide out of Clark Curve and then back across to the pit entry is disastrous for everyone.
3. Like the pits, rejoin etiquette is lacking. Diving straight back onto the racing line from the sand/grass is almost certain to cause carnage.
4. There is a special place in hell reserved for the small patch of grass on the outside of the exit to Sheene's