"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Dogwolf77, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

Next week (in 6 hours), B is looking good!

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout
    4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR3 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard

oldphart and Pigems like this.
  2. oldphart

oldphart

The C race settings for next week ?
    Custom race settings, just a 9 lap race

3. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Looking forward to tomorrow, I decided to do some testing over the last few days. I predict the R8 to be dominant again, but I was surprised by the pace of the 458!! FYI, The top half of that list hit those times fairly easily. The bottom half was a definitely more work to hit 47's for me (maybe obviously). The 650 was the first car I tested and the 458 was second. The Beetle and R8 were the last two.

[​IMG]

Brake balance I used:

R8 +1
    Beetle -1
    458 0
    4C -2
    650 -3

I didn't test the Lexus, Mustang, Ford GT, Jaguar, or Citroen. Given the way things were going, I didn't think they'd challenge for the top.

4. 05XR8

05XR8

Any ideas on the Gr.4 car for this week's Race A?

TTTtothetop and Pigems like this.
  5. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

About to hit the catalunya circuit experience real quick to refresh myself before the races reset in a couple hours. Hopefully be ready to qualify right away.

Pigems likes this.
  6. seadog777

seadog777

If I race this week I think I'll skip qualifying..... my time usually put me near or at the back (which for me is fine) but lately there have been lots of players that don't post a time that start behind me. This can put me near the middle with a lot of faster racers behind, which very often ends up with me being punted off the track. Then it's a lonely dawdle around the track until I cross the line or the race finishes!

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  7. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

Fuji International Speedway
    9 Laps 20 Players Car(s): N200 / ONE MAKE | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard

The 458 does really well for race B. I agree with you. Manual transmission a must!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
    Voodoovaj and Pigems like this.
  8. watto79

watto79

Race A is the Audi TT.
    Race C is the Toyota 86.

Bit disappointed with both car choices but at least it's not the Scirocco again :tup:

9. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Me: Sweet, time to set some new times!

/sees that race C is on Fuji Speedway

Me: :grumpy:

10. NosOsH

NosOsH

Whhyyyy PD why.....
    Why are gr4 one makes ALWAYS a fwd car always...
    AND why do you reuse the SAME cars over and over again on the SAME tracks over and over again..........
    Why can we not have some variety for once, how about using the 458 in a gr4 one make instead. The car rarely gets used so that might be fun.
    Or maybe use some of the cool dlc cars that have been added like a Porche 356 instead of a 65' mini OVER and OVER and OVER.....
    Or some faster street cars that never come out of hiding

11. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I hope senpai notices me. :bowdown:

Edit: Finally got a 1:27 time. Jesus, that was so stressful.

IMG_20190408_004822.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

No Qualy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got bumped side by side at T1 exit. Gave them room on the inside, as I out dragged them on the outside, after the start. The other player got 4 seconds for that.

People weren't crashing, but noticed many using 2nd gear. I only used 2nd gear at T1. Used 3rd and kept momentum at all other turns. Even at the hairpins in the middle, esses and last corner. Good stuff.

Caught up to 1st and 2nd. 2nd should have been just a bit more patient. 2nd was tailgating 1st until the exit of 130R. I hung back and 2nd decided to move on the outside. 1st late braked on the inside, went wide and scraped 2nd wide. I swooped on the inside line and bolted. Think from Lap 5 to the finish. I'm done for the week at the Race C Snooze Fest.

Race B. No Qualy. Started in the Audi, 14/15. Finished 13/15. Lost a Clean bonus due to 15th, in another R8, skidding out of control. Just nicked it and I got an orange arrow. I'll be using all the "official" GT3 cars only. Love the track. Should be a fun week learning each car.

TT Cup next.

Edit: Race A. No Qualy. STarted 9 or10. I like this track and race overall. Love the downhill ess under the walkway. Got a 0.5 penalty for too much curb after being unsettled by another player.
    Got 3 seconds on the final sequence of turns, due to the player I was following braking in the middle of the track. I went right and the player was there. I went left to try and avoid contact, the player was there. Wound up bumping them before the apex and they spun off. Didn't lose my place.

[​IMG]
    Didn't know who I hit, but I typed "I tried to brake".

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  13. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

These race choices are steamed ass

14. Lazybike

Lazybike

I know we moan about it every week...but come on PD, you have a great game, your choice of daily races rarely does it justice.

15. watto79

watto79

I'm going to jump in and defend the daily race choice. I know that recently we've seen very little variety but the question of this was put directly to Kaz at the recent Paris event. This week we have a layout for Lago Maggiore that I haven't ever seen in the Daily Races and Catalunya that people have been screaming out for. Catalunya I think has been used once since it was released, and that was back when people were cutting the last chicane making the whole thing pretty pointless.

We can't know but I'd like to think that Kaz being asked has thrown a light on this internally at PD.

Yes Race C this week is something we have seen before and not that long ago.

I do see this weeks Races A and B as a step in the right direction. They do represent some variety we have not seen for what feels like a long time and I hope this sets a new trend. If these particular combinations are not to your personal tastes then that's fine, and shows a weakness of having these as weekly events. Personally the Gr.4 Audi TT is one of my least favourite cars to drive but I'll still give it a go as the one make races tend to be really close racing.

I actually think the three races shouldn't have more than one 'one make' race as it feels like there is little variety in the racing.

There's lots to be improved, but I am hopeful that this week is a step down the road for variety in the daily/weekly races.

Just my opinion!

16. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

The one thing that bugs me about this week's Race C is that yes, the Toyota 86 GT is the car they've opted to choose, but you can't participate if you have its identical alternate version, the Subaru BRZ. It's a similar problem to last week's Race C as well; the Toyota and Honda Super Formulas are identical but you were basically barred access from the race if you didn't have the Honda version.

They clearly have the capability to make it so that both the Toyota/Honda SF cars are able to race together as seen in the FIA Nations Cup Race 4 at Autopolis, so why couldn't they have done the same thing with last week's Race C and now this week's Race C, but with both the Toyota 86 GT and Subaru BRZ?

17. ASH32

ASH32

Race A will be ruined as soon as people put ASM on and I wish Race C was Race B's combo, I guess I'm not the only one. Might just be daily workout for me this week, we'll see.

Dairyworker and Pigems like this.
  18. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

Does this have any impact on your DR?

Pigems likes this.
  19. ASH32

ASH32

If you don't gain positions it does. Depends on your rank and your opponents rank just how many you'd need to gain.

Pigems and tariklehaine like this.
  20. Ramzacom

Ramzacom

i'm forgetting tracks such as alsace , alsace II, yamagiwa, st croix .... quite fed up with real tracks on daylies.....

Doglove likes this.
  21. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Dogwolf77 likes this.
  22. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17

+ is for rear - is front.
    So plus +4 is heavy rear bias :)

Dairyworker, Voodoovaj and Pigems like this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

I think Yamagiwa is in an upcoming FIA event. MAy get it in a Daily soon enough.
    Just ran short of time.
    I

Pigems likes this.
  24. Lazybike

Lazybike

Part of the problem for me is that the daily races are not daily, it doesn't matter which combo it is, I've normally had enough by Thursday.

25. sdi_03

sdi_03

ok, I had those mixed in my mind then. Yes, I had BB+2 then. :)

26. Ubifabbri

Ubifabbri

I raced last time in Catalunya in the Manufacturer series and it was nearly impossible to complete a fast lap without penalties.
    Even worst when you had to deal with other drivers. Since someone already raced this morning, is it the same in the daily race?
    And by the way, while I agree on putting the penalty zone in the daily races as well, in some tracks the zone is positioned in a way that makes you lose way more than the actual penalty...

27. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Thankfully the track limits should be normal...unlike the mess that is Championship track limits (ANYTHING outside the white line is a guaranteed penalty).

WestSideMike, Pigems and Ubifabbri like this.
  28. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

This was supposed to be the week I return to sport mode but after seeing the rinsed and repeated race choices again, I won't bother.

Bring on GT7 already PD. You're obviously busier with that than you are with GTS.:rolleyes:

phil_75, CrimsonKing and Pigems like this.
  29. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

How come? I don't use it and don't miss it, didn't think it had much effect.

Edit: It seems most of the problems with the daily race could be solved by adding another 3 races - more chance of a combo people like, and almost a new race a day for some people who want to do something different each day.

Melbourne Park, QC YALUM and Pigems like this.
  30. aguia

aguia

Daily (weekly) Rally events are welcome.