"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 7, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

QC YALUM, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  2. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

yes VisionGT... had no problem dealing with the Ford's on the straights even without the draft.

doblocruiser and Pigems like this.
  3. bone_tone

bone_tone

I ran the Citroën too, went very well on the wet track, easier to keep out of the wall than some cars - I only saw one other the whole week though!

It could get past the Ford on the main straight with a tow, and was definitely faster through the twisty bits. I finished in the top 6 every race, highest position was a 2nd - didn't see anything win other than the Ford in any of my races...

4. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

welcome to GTP.. regardless of the inevitable head banging moments you'll encounter whilst racing online... you can be sure that you always find an answer and help to improve on here.
    The penalty system is flawed and there are people who will take advantage of that, whilst in the main we're all out there to try and get round the track without causing havoc and enjoy racing. So, you can imagine with the amount of people in each region racing you're going to come across every possible version of what people interpret as racing - hence we have this forum and it's great. My school of thought is in the main... don't have any expectations of what might happen in a race and whatever happens... draw a line under it and move to the next one.
    With regard to the matchmaking system, it is overall pretty good, but there will be times when there aren't enough people entered in a race to have all racers at the same DR/SR level... so it will always go for the SR matching before the DR.. hence the mixture of abilities. You also have people who have created 2nd accounts, so even though they are D/S they may have another account where they are A+ and so their racing ability is far higher than their DR suggests.
    Anyway.. back to work for me... enjoy this place, it's great :gtpflag:

5. 6BK

6BK

Welcome to The Planet and to GT in general.

Don't worry about being matched with faster drivers. If you hang around long enough eventually you'll be a faster driver yourself. Then you'll be matched with even faster drivers.:rolleyes:

As for the penalty system, you are absolutely correct in saying that it's faulty but you have to do at least 500 online races and see at least 5 updateds "fixing" the system before you earn a rant.:gtpflag:

6. Pigems

Pigems

The GTR is good for race B, I did a 9.1 the other day in lobby practice with it. :)

7. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

yes you did you maniac! :lol:

8. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Trying to shave off those few tenths get insanely frustrating real fast.

B race was especially the case tonight haha. That Supra is one fast sucker, but it sure loves to understeer! I'll try out C race later, I'm pooped out for the night. Good night! :D

9. Pigems

Pigems

You’re just going to bed and I’m just getting to work! :lol: :D

10. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I do stupid things, like going to bed at nearly 4AM. :lol: I should have been asleep looooong ago, but nope. New daily races, and I continue my quest to get senpai to notice my lap times. :lol:
    He probably has, but at this point, it'a a running gag

11. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Chasing my optimal at St. Croix :banghead: Down to a 2:08.3 in the NSX but optimal says I can do a 07.8. I think the Huracan might be a challenge for the GTR around here.

12. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Give up! He will *never* notice you. He's more interested in the new girl.... you know...the popular one with glasses :p.

Mistah_MCA, 6BK, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  13. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

I think I spotted 6" of wall that you haven't hit yet.... :p

I did a few offline endurance races (custom races) at the mount in GT6 'coz it's the only AU circuit in game, got to know it fairly well. It has stood me in good stead both times it's appeared in dailies since I started doing them, despite the differences between GT6 and GTS.

And here's me thinking I'm doing well to get down from 21.x to 13.175. I'm thinking I've got a few more laps to do before I jump out of QT and go for a race.
    Edit: the 13.175 was an R8 which (at the time) was one of the cars being used by top ten drivers in Oceania. It has since disappeared. I have subsequently posted a 2:13.4xx in an AMG Merc (one of my go to cars) which is so much more satisfying :D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  14. 6BK

6BK

Have you considered what I do yet? I have a % of region best cut off that I have to reach before being "good enough" to race. As I've improved my racing so too the % has increased so a few months back 4 or 5% of region pole was OK. Then it was sub 4%. Currently it's between 1.5 and 3% with an optimum of 2.5%. Basically I can see what all the crazy folk who stay up 'till 4 am are getting (@Mistah_MCA :D) but I can only really judge by Q times with my own previous races. So, if your last 4 races you were at +2% of region best you'll know (+/- .5%) when you are ready to race St Croix.

15. pantherjag

pantherjag

I just seen your time in the top 10 with the NSX and thought that was impressive for that car....good job

2.08.8 in the Ford gt at the moment. Only did about 7 laps but did have a practise last night on the track all be it with fuel and tyres at x1.

It's a fantastic track. Great flow

16. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

Same here going 2 work , this week is 2 brand new tracks 4 me so i need time to learn those layout A and B , i know Fuji but GR1 i usually suk lollll , this week is my last week of work after that i dont work before end of March so U guys should see me in daily's 4 a couples month

17. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

Senpai loosely translated means 'use brake warning message'

18. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

Great advice and this is also what I do. When I'm consistently lapping around 2.5/3% I know I'm good to go racing.

Pigems and 6BK like this.
  19. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

Who are you people, aliens?! :lol:

20. ASH32

ASH32

Nice time that, could only get a 1'23.8 myself. I'm running the newer Toyota because everyone will probably run that in the race so I'm just trying to get used to it, I've not done much Gr1 racing and certainly none for a good while before today.

Sliding the car around all race is not the way to go though, I'm so sloppy with it. :lol: Luckily my GTP account is still DR B (did get high A only racing from the back before I got reset thanks to low SR due to the usual Monza driving) so I'll progress even driving all over the place.

:gtplanet::cheers:

Qyn, GT5Power, 6BK and 2 others like this.
  21. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I would never be racing then...
    I am between 12 and 4% depending on track, but I am D/A so I race anyway :)

Edit: my all time lowest is 2.785% on Autopolis last it was daily.

Qyn, JoeyLeonine, Gogga and 4 others like this.
  22. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

I don't (yet) use a percentage target, at the moment I consider myself ready to race when I consistently lap within about three tenths of my best time. Looking at kudos, my percentages vary wildy from track to track. My all time best (Autopolis last time it came up) was 2.932 (edit: 2.813 at Lago Maggiore Centre back in January) but I'm usually around 4-5 and have been a lot worse at tracks I'm not comfortable with.

As well as Q times, I also still need some racecraft development so I'll spend time in races even when Q time sucks. It would help if RL allowed time for more than 2 - 4 races a day ;)

Thanks for the interest though, I'll keep slogging away at it and slowly, slowly I'm seeing improvement.

Qyn, Gogga, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  23. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

Love the combos this week, had a go at B and was massively squeezed to the inside of the bridge lap 2 by some idiot for 3rd, managed to keep the position but I think they did the old tap the back of my car to give me a penalty trick and then got another when someone tried to go up the inside at the esses when they had no room. All with an SR 99.

Edit: was probably one of those drivers if they get overtaken gets very angry and wants to send you to the Shadowrelm

Qyn, S A Debre, 6BK and 1 other person like this.
  24. 05XR8

05XR8

Did two races on my alt account.

Atenza(11.1) Started 3rd behind an M6. I finished 2nd behind a Mustang. Got FL at the line(10.7) but got pipped by someone else.

Atenza(10.9) Started 2nd behind a Huracan(it started behind me the previous race and improved its qualy). Close battle all race, but Atenza was handling better. Race win and FL at the line. 10.992.

Qyn, larrybr07n, 6BK and 2 others like this.
  25. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Good thing about St Croix B is being able to go side by side. Had a good duel this evening.

Mc_Yavel, Qyn, Illum_Concept and 7 others like this.
  26. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

High 2:09s are possible, but haaard to get

Qyn, Mistah_MCA and Pigems like this.
  27. aguia

aguia

No rally eventos?

Qyn and Tea_Leaves like this.
  28. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

I'm with you on that. I was quite content to be within 4-5%!!!

Qyn, GT5Power, larrybr07n and 3 others like this.
  29. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

No, never has been, unless you count asphalt. And I think it's a good thing, since the rally in GTS is so bad...

30. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

My record region gap percentage is near 60,000% :lol:
    I let the game qualify for me by tying R2 down, the car got stuck into bouncing back and forth under the bridge, racking up a couple hours in penalties.
    5122 279:37.215 59,979.301 Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop 2018-12-23