"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 14, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

dlshearon, Pigems and Dairyworker like this.
  2. sevetyone

sevetyone

Just had a go at race b .
    Two races both times punted off track completely into the dust deffo on purpose.

I'm done .

Shame as I really like this track normally , perhaps later in the week it may be better.

IXON009, Qyn, Stencedaddy and 4 others like this.
  3. Pigems

Pigems Premium

It’s Monday morning, there’s no way to say it was on purpose for sure. That’s the risk of racing early Monday’s, people are still learning the combos and making big mistakes.

Qyn, Mistah_MCA, Redneckchef and 5 others like this.
  4. Jason885

Jason885

Think it will be race B for me this week, had a go of A and B on arcade and couldn't keep the porsche on the track lol.

Qyn, DarkSideNet, dlshearon and 3 others like this.
  5. MroczMR

MroczMR

Oh god. This Group C race is awesome. I wish I could create this kind of racing in Custom Race.

6. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Why? Racing against real people is a million times better than AI. :tup:

Qyn, barak181, Redneckchef and 5 others like this.
  7. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

It depends on the people :lol:

8. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

I know I said that I've more or less retired from "Daily" Races but...:lol:

That race C combo of Group C cars at Fuji looks appetizing, similar to the fun had for @Drex124's Fuji Group C event a while back. Just unfortunate it's on the Full GT course and not the "Short" track this time, the latter flows nicely in Group 1/C. A bit of a bummer it's specially provided, so no custom liveries, but hey ho. 787B will be good round here, if my last performance with it at Fuji's anything to go by, so I might, just might, give dailies another go this week (Famous last words...).

Qyn, Redneckchef, DarkSideNet and 5 others like this.
  9. MIE1992

MIE1992

What Group C cars seem to be popular for Race C? Or were they all relatively balanced in terms of usage? Might check this one out, after taking a bit of a break from GTS...

Pigems and Dairyworker like this.
  10. Jason885

Jason885

Man race B is quick, it's over before you get to grips with it :D

11. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Mazda and Porsche should be good for racing, Nissan for Q. :)

MIE1992 and dlshearon like this.
  12. MroczMR

MroczMR

I like it both ;)

Pigems likes this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

Everything but the Jag and 787B.

Did one Race A. Me and one other 993. No TCS at the start. I keep revs just below redline and rocket start. Started 7/12. Got up to P2 on the last lap. 993 has the top end and with the short wheelbase, tight cornering. Just kept reeling in the 997s and pulling away.

Come out the corkscrew on the last lap. Head down the hill and my wife had the timer set to some daggone cooking show! I go off and had to fiddle with the remote. Fell to 6th. Booooo.

One Race B. Qualified with the 650S. Then, went faster in the Atenza. Then, tried the Viper. Went another .4 faster for a low 5 second lap.
    The FF cars just mess up the corner exit speeds. Anyway, synchronised pulls from the final turn, with me and P1 pipping the TTs at the line. Similar gap. Good stuff!
    IMG_20200914_222254.jpg IMG_20200914_222221.jpg

14. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

I. am. STOKED for Race C this week. I just wish we could use our own cars so I could race with my own liveries. I'm gonna do my usual tactic of not qualifying for the first day or so to get a feel for the antics at T1, Lap 1. Unfortunately this race might push my DR even further into A+, and I'll have to race with the aliens this Wednesday for the Nations race. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    barak181, 05XR8, Redneckchef and 10 others like this.
  15. jnm23

jnm23

Race C is great

I haven't seen any XJR on the grids - but I find it handles better than the Sauber or 787, which did you guys prefer?

16. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Cool. :cheers: I could never go back to AI after racing real people, you can’t actually race them, there’s absolutely nothing you can do to alter their lines or races at all. If you hit reset, they will run the exactly same race over and over again, down to the .1, they never change anything.

05XR8, Redneckchef, 6BK and 3 others like this.
  17. MroczMR

MroczMR

I like it to train or test a new car/track something. Sometimes if I am too tired it isn't good to race online to mess others racing with my mistakes ;) Having option is always better :)

05XR8, Redneckchef, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  18. Jason885

Jason885

Lol, yes I also do this, I tend to run an arcade race set on Pro and start at the back :cheers:

05XR8, Pigems, Andy_EVO432 and 2 others like this.
  19. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

It depends on the game, GTS happens to have terrible AI so isn't the best example. In ACC, the AI is pretty good and difficulty level is adjustable by means of skill and aggressiveness.

Some days, I prefer a change of pace from racing online (let's face it, many out there aren't clean nor respectable) and run time trials or AI races instead but each to their own.

05XR8, 6BK, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  20. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I have been running the 787b because I love it. Gained positions every time, I'm not very good at qualfying but has ok race pace in these cars.
    So far I have seen 1, one, jaguar. It was run off by a Nissan in T3, and quitted after that.

There is an overwhelmingly amount of Sauber Mercedes in the race. Because people doing guides on YouTube has declared it the best car for the race.
    Now I am in low B and there is also an overwhelmingly amount of drivers who can't control the Sauber Mercedes in section 3. And in T1....

05XR8, KiepeYai, Redneckchef and 8 others like this.
  21. 6BK

6BK

I don’t get much play tome and rarely have time to commit to Rave C so I live in the B lobbies. Late last year they took 1 lap off Race B. Previously you’d only have a couple of minutes after a race to get into the next lobby, perhaps do 1 hot lap. Then it changed around October like so many other PD changes, not asked for, not wanted and not welcome. I think the logic was that by giving more time to finish one race and start the next encouraged facilitated players having time to enter more of them.

Pigems likes this.
  22. DK

DK Premium

The Porsche just feels horrendous in the final sector. I dragged it home in 14th, or 2nd in the non-Mercedes class.

05XR8, Dairyworker, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  23. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

Tried some laps in each Race. C is definitely a no-go for me. Cars are nice but Fuji...
    Race A didn't look so fun, more like I was dragging myself there. Race B was cool but fast, lots of RCZ too.

Dairyworker, Pigems and Jason885 like this.
  24. kungtotte_

kungtotte_

Yeah I'm not a fan of Fuji or Maggiore, or road cars, so I don't think I'll do much daily racing this week. I'll give race C a go at some point, but that's about it.

Dairyworker, crusselz and Pigems like this.
  25. DK

DK Premium

I think I've had my fill for the week. I switched to the Merc for my second attempt and dragged it to 7th despite all of the divebombers in the final sector. Screw this, I'll save my SR for the FIA races later this week.

Sean YZF, crusselz and Pigems like this.
  26. djidane57

djidane57

special group C race for possibly the 1st first time but it had to be Fuji -_-

27. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I don't get the wide spread disdain for Fuji? It's a great fast track

05XR8, 6BK, Timm Sheehan and 5 others like this.
  28. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

Climbing the last sector kills it for me :indiff:

DK, Sean YZF and Pigems like this.
  29. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

I just don't like "stop-start" tracks. I prefer circuits like Spa or fantasy tracks like Yamagiwa (or Midfield or Deep Forest...)

I like Group C (and Gr. 1 in general) way more than I hate Fuji, so I'll still try this one out.

DK, 05XR8, Dairyworker and 3 others like this.
  30. jad866

jad866

I am with you. I like Fuji always have. Probably in my top 3 ( Lemans and SPA other 2)

05XR8, Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.