"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 8, 2021.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Is it only Honda? I only have the Toyota, so there's my excuse for not entering Race C!

JEverettL, Pigems and Norrin Radd like this.
  3. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Yeah, Honda only.

Edit: Snuck in the back door and didn’t even realize it at first, I love Monday mornings. :lol:

8CF20A1E-23A8-476D-AEA8-8291BAD59106.jpeg

BB+3

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  4. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Since it's on topic, is there even any difference between the two?

meekrab and Pigems like this.
  5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

I asked that before I bought the Toyota for Bathurst and people said no difference. So this time I had to buy a car for really no reason.

MidnightRun85 and NekoPufferPPP like this.
  6. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

PD penalty system programmers: "Is that a challenge?"

Pigems, Groundfish and barak181 like this.
  7. NSP525

NSP525

Aside from having different motors and engine noise I've heard speculation from kie on a stream from a while back that there is subtle differences in power delivery between them but I can't really tell personally. For all intents and purposes they are practically identical imo.

8. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Daily Race C seems like a DR reset waiting to happen, will avoid this week.

Should be great to hotlap though

9. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

I quite like Yamagiwa, not sure how fast I am there but feel it is a good track. Suspect there will not be a META car either so should be good fun. RBR my best track so may poke my nose in there but Suzuka, I am embarrassing.

10. Granadier

Granadier Premium

[​IMG]

C_Raccoon23, crusselz, 05XR8 and 12 others like this.
  11. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

Supra is the META at Yamagiwa.

12. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Still? I thought those days were over.

13. NoStopN

NoStopN

I'm gonna need gallons of coffee tonight. :mischievous:

[​IMG]

RacingGrandpa, Pigems and GTWolverine like this.
  14. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Good I hope everyone goes Supra so I get a full second head start every race

15. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Whachootalkinboutwillis

Norrin Radd and Pigems like this.
  16. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

Yep, unless one of the cars that got buffed in the last BoP update is now quicker and no one's discovered it yet...
    Either way I'll be using the 'Vette for at least 90% of the races I do.

17. OJBrit

OJBrit

Grats.
    I noticed just a general improvement from just playing the game more. Last time GR3 was at Bathurst my Q time was 2:05-6's.
    This time I set a 2:03.0
    Certainly a track I enjoy and I'm glad to see I improved in a big way. Hopefully the trend continues for both of us.

18. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Cars like Supra start off extremely slow on rolling starts I'm guessing has to do with turbo lag or gearing. Similar to RS01 at Brands Hatch... while it was the META it also allowed .8 to 1.00 second gap at the start.

19. Pigems

Pigems Premium

It’s a rolling start. :tup:

Groundfish likes this.
  20. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Exactly. Just imagine if it was grid start :lol:

Brands Hatch was a rolling start as well.

Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  21. GTR Racer 5

GTR Racer 5

Just grinded like crazy to break into the 31’s! Did 8 32:0 an 32:1’s on the bounce with a optimal of a 31:6 so knew it was possible! Can gain stupid amount of time through the chicane at the bottom of the hill! Keeping control of the rear end over the curbs with a DualShock is more about luck than feel though! Half hour later I’ll settle with a 31:8, optimal a low 31:6, but I think I’ll just enjoy the racing now an forget about getting angry with the turbo lag an zero feel! Roll on fanatec in the summer!

Pigems, NSP525 and Groundfish like this.
  22. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends,
    Last time at Yamagiwa I liked the BMW M6.
    I did some q laps on Suzuka and was top ten for I think 2-3 minutes.
    From my 37.0 to say mid 36 is a very big difference. For me that’s be hours, not gonna go there...
    I’m sure I will jump in a race or two there.
    Yamagiwa will be fun.

C_Raccoon23, Pigems, ZiggyS80 and 4 others like this.
  23. meekrab

meekrab

The chassis should be identical, since it's a spec series. If there is any difference I would imagine because the GTS devs are Toyota fanboys that one would be faster. ;)

24. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I believe one of them wears tires a fraction more... But can't remember if it's the Honda or the Toyota.
    Happy it's the Honda though, as my Honda wears my favourite livery.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  25. NSP525

NSP525

Love gr3 at yamagiwa, QT a 1.32.4 so far in the supra. Make sure you harness your inner Jolyon Palmer and remember to "cut the chicken" for that extra lap time.

SF at Suzuka is going to take some practice in qualy first. Was just starting to get in a groove and set a 1.37.8 but switched over to yamagiwa because I honestly think I'll have more fun on that race this week. Been a while since I drove the SF in dailies, can't even remember the last combo I drove when they were up, definitely need to recalibrate to those speeds before jumping in any races in top split.

JEverettL, Pigems, jpine324 and 2 others like this.
  26. sturk0167

sturk0167 Premium

I'm learning more about Red Bull Ring this morning. I haven't really spent much time racing there.
    I finally figured out how to go after turn 1. Apparently, you need to make sure that 2 of your tires stay out of the green areas.
    Here is turn 1, on what is my best lap, so far. The final turn is pretty easy, but I'm still not good at any of the other turns.

*Don't think you have to use rear brake bias just because it's front-wheel drive.
    In this clip, I was at BB 0, and the car rotated just fine.

27. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Looking bac at past efforts, seems I had one of my worst and best wins at Yamagima in a Group 3.

Mandatory penalty for BEING HIT by the guy spinning off but then I mess up the esses to allow 2nd place to pass me on the last lap, well that and the Supra is so fast through there. I redeem myself with the perfect pass later in the lap., clean as a whistle.

28. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Another Integra one make similar to Tokyo couple months ago?

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  29. GTR Racer 5

GTR Racer 5

Feels that way, I tried to stay true to my own car (have an FK2), an go with the Civic in a race earlier an just got mullered down the straights by the integra’s. Find the civic makes up it’s time with better corner speed, but the gearing works better round here with the Integra an it’s just got that extra 3/4mph on it on the 3 main straights! Good fun though.

Race B after spending time on my Qualifying all morning an most the afternoon, how fricken hard is it to overtake?! Places you can make a good run on somebody tends to make you go to the outside of a bend which by then you’ve lost your pace for the inside at the next braking point! Very frustrating unless someone gets a pen or goes on the grass.

30. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Yeah looking at past videos, T1 is the obvious place but it messes up your line for a critical turn.

i find getting a good run and passing after the chicane is as good a place as any, see the Shaguar vid above.

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.