"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 16, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Important information regarding Race C:

This is allowed within the criteria for the clean race bonus.

3. Baka_Marimo

Baka_Marimo Premium

What is PD's obsession with that stupid Central Loop in Tokyo? The road is not wide enough for racing and makes it way too easy to be a dick. I would rather have Miyabi any time of the day.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  4. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends,

Happy Monday. I finished up my daily race adventures yesterday in the C race. I employed a no stop strategy using the newer Lexus. It was adorned with my Burger King Pink Panther livery.
    I experienced tremendous success. I recovered back my lost sr, and had fun gaining 86 spots over six races.
    F46B56FF-BA2C-4446-8599-072252578DB1.jpeg

Re B race, it was such a great combo, and I did get some great races in. The problem was that it was one race from ten with people on NA behaving badly.
    Back to 99 sr and I shall forge ahead into a new week of dailies!
    Damn the torpedoes!

5. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Oh man, Nürburgring, my time to shine! :lol:

Sean YZF, Pigems and dlshearon like this.
  6. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

Not sure if related to the latest update, but every time I finish a daily race I got disconnected from the network. Same happens to a friend.

7. barak181

barak181

Start with clearing the game's network cache and then powering the system completely off. That has helped me in the past with network issues.

Pigems likes this.
  8. jad866

jad866

YOU MUST HAVE READ MY MIND !!( was thinking somebody should make a video of the guys antics) one of the dirtiest drivers around I was racing last night as well with many of the same players. The guy that knocked you off in 1st race and then took care of the Canadian down the straight was doing it to everybody. This dude will not let you pass no matter what!!!!

Timm Sheehan, Little_Guppy and Pigems like this.
  9. Millerg8jr

Millerg8jr

Looks like I will he skipping all of these.

e1978, Pigems and JEverettL like this.
  10. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

Thanks for your help. Looks like I will need to do the last race.

Pigems likes this.
  11. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Relegated to SR A again, the game said that I ran this car off the road because it was holding me up:

12. JEverettL

JEverettL Premium

I was thinking the same, but... race B is looking fairly appetizing. Might be time to take the Gr4 Supra out of the garage so I can look fantastic while i'm bleeding DR.

Groundfish, NoStopN, O604 and 4 others like this.
  13. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

I did a couple of Race B. Clean and enjoyable so far. I was to go back to DR A after getting a hard reset to Dr points 7k in Tsukuba.

Pigems and barak181 like this.
  14. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

Spent half an hour looking for an extra 0.100 in race B :confused:,, got 0.150 instead, got to recharge before i try to do a 0.55s ,

15. MattDalton

MattDalton

I’m all in on the green hell this week. It’s gonna be messy. I’m probably gonna lose massive DR points, but sod it. I guess it’s just about not making mistakes.....

EDIT: Idiot number one encountered - exiting a penalty on the long straight so he waits to see which side I am going then cuts in front of me at the last second to get a boost. Gets himself a 1 second penalty but the loss of speed means 3 cars go whizzing past me. I hate people like that.

16. bone_tone

bone_tone

I've been getting this too, just started doing it today - automatically reconnects quite quickly, but a bit worrying as I very rarely get disconnects.

Pigems and KiepeYai like this.
  17. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

Thanks to @barak181 I fixed the issue, much appreciated!

Clean network cache and restart the console.

Little_Guppy, Pigems and barak181 like this.
  18. jnm23

jnm23

Surprisingly clean race at C.

Qualified 3rd but pretty obvious the two drivers behind me were faster so let them go and ended up 5th. FL around 8.40 with the car (AMG) being detuned from normal. Winning driver clocked an 8.20.

The penalties are brutal as served at the start of the long run. Driver in front of me got a 5s penalty. It's more like 7-8s in practice with the loss of speed.

19. e1978

e1978

Thought I'd use your Sardegna time as a target, Mr P. Nailed it!

Attached Files:

Mr P, Pigems and KiepeYai like this.
  20. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

And they say you can't overtake on the Nordschleife...

21. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

I'm definitely not a fan of the daily races this week... I mean it feels like there's no racing and you're hoping for people to crash!

22. ASH32

ASH32

I think I've encounted that driver before but I could be wrong but the first thing I thought was that you were not going to pass them easily, I bet you really annoyed them by getting through anyway. :D

:gtplanet::cheers:

23. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I think they just didn't see me, if it was deliberate I doubt they would've braked when I was sideways in front them. They had really good pace too.

24. ASH32

ASH32

Maybe but it looked a bit too violent for an accident but it's possible, could also be a lag thing. I reckon they'd have got a penalty if they hit your car once it was sideways though, that's usually what happens to me anyway.:ouch:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Little_Guppy and Pigems like this.
  25. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I've just watched it again, I think he might've been trying to leave me space and touched the grass, it's one of those that are hard to read without being in his car. It's nice to see a crash without penalties being machine gunned at anybody in the area :lol:

26. jad866

jad866

great save great pass but what is with all the people not wanting to give up spots. Am i missing something ?? this is just a game still right???

27. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

This world is full of idiots. You will find them everywhere.

28. DefInfinity

DefInfinity

Almost a podium. Needed to qualify a bit better, but I don't feel like doing that right now.

All pretty good fun despite the absolute warzone that Sport mode could be at times.

atx_wrekka and Pigems like this.
  29. bone_tone

bone_tone

Done this 3 times tonight, but it's done exactly the same thing after all 4 Race Cs that I've run......

Pigems and Sean YZF like this.
  30. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

Mine is doing this as well. Something weird is going on...