"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 3, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Happy new dailies day everyone! No pace for me at Monza/Gardens atm, gonna run a few laps in all the dailies, try to see what I feel best at for my first attempt!

Predicting a massive DR/SR nose dive! Lol if I see you out there today, let just race and have some fun! Goodluck!!!!!

3. 05XR8

05XR8

All good. It was the flag of Japan in 13th.
    IMG_20200803_195059.jpg

4. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

This was dumb, but fun.

I had saved the mediums for the end so was annoyed when I lost P2 with dirty tyres avoiding his spin, then he was annoyed that I ran him off the road at Parabolica. I think this is about as dirty as two people can race each other without penalties being thrown out or somebody ending up facing the wrong way:

5. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Minutes 3:30 and 6:10... what a bellend.
    Subtle, but I think he knew what he was doing...

6. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

The last time Monza Gr3 came around I got my only DR reset. I'll be staying far away this time. Starting on pole every race is the worst place to be!

7. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

Got my Q down to 1:47’s at Gardens after a bunch a laps around 1:50 :), thinking that enough pace to not DNF, here we go!

edit - finish p4 first race, I’ll take it!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  8. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

It was obvious but so was 1:05 so I can't complain too loud :lol:

9. golfer07840

golfer07840

The very first daily race I participated in was a 1 make around DTS with the Ford truck.

PD's obsession with Hards continues...

10. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

No stopping on hards may be the way to go? Easy enough to stay with guys on Mediums if you can stay in the slipstream.

11. MarsManu

MarsManu

What's the best strategy for race c? Start with mediums and pit after lap 5?

Pigems, cosme and dlshearon like this.
  12. O604

O604

13. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

What does the leaderboards look like for race B? FF fiesta or what?

Pigems likes this.
  14. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

First race on Monza, jumped in without any practice before coffee, 4th place finish from 12th with clean race bonus.
    Second race, started 3rd before last, punted off at T1 and disconnected due to data loss in lap 4 :banghead:

15. viper al

viper al

PD since the penalty system is constantly an issue ,I suggest turning penalties off for a week for a Daily Race at Blue Moon .We all could get out a lot of frustration ......just a thought :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  16. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

EMEA is TT Cups (no surprise) and a few Vipers. Other regions are probably similar.

Pigems, x5abotagex86 and Jwptexas like this.
  17. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

They need to add Daily race D for dirty, penalties off.

Thank you. I'll have to give it a go with the Viper.

18. NoStopN

NoStopN

I was already planning to.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  19. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

Sounds like a job for either me Huracán or me Sirotkin (Scirocco).

To be fair I do like how the TT handles, especially the first corner. But I feel like anything that I can do with the TT, I can do, and better, with the Sirotkin. Guess it's a placebo or something, but I tend to lap quicker in the VW than any other FF. :cheers:

20. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

We already have A B and C for dirty. Need a daily D with full damage and no ghosting. Use credits to fix the car in the pits, not enough credits can't finish the race.

21. x5abotagex86

x5abotagex86

YES

22. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

I'd just like an option that is risk free of SR.... too many players letting their kids play on the main account it seems. People wouldn't have to create alternate accounts just to stay active on the game.

Pigems, Natalie_GT and dlshearon like this.
  23. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Simply stop caring about SR, it's broken and meaningless and has turned DR into a meaningless statistic as well. Lobbies are risk free of SR but good luck finding a clean one at random. I'm down to SR.B now after three races on Monza. Get rammed, get a penalty, whatever. 10 laps and you still finish well before the crash kiddies, SR/DR be damned.

Cost of playing so far, 2.8K DR (got disconnected one race) and 50 SR, down to 49. I'm a super dirty crash kiddie :lol:

24. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Exactly why a risk free option would work...

Imagine letting your friends that come over actually being able to play the game :lol:

Currently when people ask if they can play I tell them to gtfo :lol:

25. Jason885

Jason885

What is the score with the K time, some tracks I struggle to get anywhere close to it and on others I totally smash it and then some :indiff:

Pigems likes this.
  26. Natalie_GT

Natalie_GT

I guess the other option is to race hard and check K' or the GTS app after every race, if your SR is teethering on a reset then just drive from the back for a few races to get it up.

Sure you'll bleed a few thousand DR points but it's better than getting stupidly reset right?

27. Jason885

Jason885

The constant ramming, dive bombing and so on is starting to put me off the game now, I play to have fun and enjoy my free time, it's just a pity that some take grate pleasure in ruining the enjoyment of others.
    I thought the whole idea was to build skills, gain points and move up the rankings, but from what I have seen and experiance so far is far from that goal.

05XR8, Sean YZF, Sven Jurgens and 5 others like this.
  28. Pigems

Pigems Premium

@Milouse Could explain it best, but basically, it shows you in a %, how close to the top time you got each week, for each race. Then tells you how close % wise, you need to get to improve your score. :)

C9BB7E57-4272-4ABF-B4B4-2B802EA7BCB8.jpeg
    A78E7995-69B0-4E54-9A81-C0A65DFBB470.jpeg

crusselz and Jason885 like this.
  29. Jason885

Jason885

Thanks, I understand that but how can it be that it's a struggle for one track but kill it on the next without braking a sweat.

Pigems likes this.
  30. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Because more people are putting down times for certain tracks so the gap will be bigger/easier to reach and vice versa.

cosme, Pigems and Jason885 like this.