"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 28, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. D_Dragline

D_Dragline

The penalties are absolutely unbelievable on N24. I got 6 seconds and lost 20 SR in a single lap for clipping cars that had already bounced off walls. I will not be driving it again.

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Finished the RBR night with two more races. A red AMG GT3 did me and four other cars dirty. It started 5th, I started 7th.
    From T1, the AMG was slowing way down, let's the car behind get alongside and then runs it off in exit. I didn't see that until the replay. Next, I made up a space and at T3, the AMG pulled far right, I was gaining and figured it was going to hold the inside around the turn. Nope, ran me wide off track. I drop to 9th.

Seeing red, I was trying to hunt it down with six cars ahead of me(yeah, right).
    A couple other cars tried to run it off, but they failed. I made up three places to finish 6th.

Last race. Started 2nd, with a lower time of 1:30.315. The RX-V is good, but still two seconds slower than the top 10 Vantages.
    Anyway, had a fast battle with the Pole FT-1. Evenly matched cars. Lost a bit of ground in Lap2. I set FL on Lap 3 and nearly won as P1 got .5 on the final turn. I set another FL and finished 2nd by .088.

Edit:
    It's a VW. ;) I made a Skodarocco, Skoda Beetle GR.3 and had a 962C Skoda livery. ;)

Skodas sell very well here.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  4. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I tapped a TT that slid in front of me, literally no place to go so a slight tap inspite of me braking as hard as I could. It gave me 3 seconds. This was just after the GP penalty zone so carried it all the way to the straight after the ring. Kept my position though and finished as P2. SR still 99.

5. OJBrit

OJBrit

Popped on this morning and it was 2 podiums and a case of what could have been.

Qualified 3rd for Willow. Everyone got a good start and it was essentially as you were. Managed to pass 2nd at the final corner of lap 1.
    I wasn't as quick as first but managed to gap those behind for a great 2nd to start the week off.

Red Bull ring. I tried a couple of cars out in the practice. But with the race looming I settled on the Corvette.
    4th on the Grid this time. I got the run out of turn 1 and threaded through the middle of the previously battling 2nd and 3rd. They decided to keep it clean or just broke too early. I had 2nd cleanly. First was able to gap me and a stupid understeer moment at Rindt on lap 2 brought a .5 second penalty. This enabled 3rd to pass me. However what really did for me was lap 3. Coming out of turn 4 the car decided to see what the inside barrier looked like up close. I lost it. Even though I was facing the correct way the car still said hello to the barrier again and spun me. (I really hate that. What's the best way to get out of the grass quickly and safely?) This put me down to 12th where I stayed. It turns out 1st must have had a moment as the guy who passed me after my penalty won. (He did appear slower than me beforehand) So definitely a podium thrown away but I also think a win was on the cards. :banghead:

Nurburgring. I didn't have enough time to set a lap. So I hopped in the Jag and still was top of the non qualifiers. (Door #1 may have something to do with it.) Despite getting a run on a Viper into turn 1 and making a few positions in the chaos ahead I got tapped wide in turn 2 and went back to 7th. From then on it was a case of waiting for people ahead to fall off which they did. My only mistake by not braking correctly for the Hohe Acht complex didn't lose me much time or any positions. By the start of the Dottinger Hohe I was 4th in an 8 second sandwich. I had a fairly clean lap 2 and by Wipperman I had caught 2nd and 3rd. One must have had an accident and delayed 3rd. I followed them until the righthander after the first Pflanzgarten jump. The Spainard in 3rd must have forgot he was in the dirty air and went wide. This allowed me into 3rd and I couldn't catch 2nd. So a 3rd to round out the day alongside the fastest lap :mischievous:. This is definitely a fun race week.

6. Stephan

Stephan Premium

So I did Race C and I had to qualify for a time first because I think I won't be able to do much if I start at the back of the grid. Managed to do a 8:51 but it was enough for me to be in third for the race for today at least.

Chose the GR Supra N24 just for one race in order to complete my bucket list goal of winning a Gr.4 daily race with the GR Supra and I managed to win one.

It was a race of attrition way I see it but a fun race nevertheless.

upload_2020-12-28_21-43-49.png

7. 05XR8

05XR8

Felt safe to use the main at RBR in A/S.
    [​IMG]

Next race.... Once we cleared T1, I didn't look back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

The works Skoda livery is the best in motorsport too.

05XR8, Pigems and AfraidRacer like this.
  9. baygencos

baygencos

I raced with Tidgney at Race A. Started 5th went up to p3 but spinned myself at last turn going wide. Racing with A+ and A drivers are much fun.

10. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Set a sub 9 min ( just ) QT for the N 24, enough for pole in the three races I have entered so far, managed to convert all 3 into wins. Moved up the rankings so that is probably the end of my winning streak, was fun while it lasted :lol:

11. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends,

Yesterday I tanked alt to C B. Now it’s time to get crazy with these mean races...

12. baygencos

baygencos

I "raced" with the most disgusting creature on gt sport. Disgrace to humanity. This is maybe the fifth time he ruined my race. These creatures should be banned! I will post video.

13. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

It depends on the A+ driver, @Tidgney is one of the good ones :tup:

14. baygencos

baygencos

Here are the videos of the disgusting cheater. He pulls of with no penalty! How can he satisfy himself with this i do not understand.

( race starts at 1:05 sorry i should have trim that, disgusting move at the end)

( here he pushes another player to the sand, not seen clearly in first vid)

15. adam46

adam46

It's a rare week of me actually liking all three combinations, though I think RBR is enjoyed more in theory than in practice sometimes. Those braking zones feel like hostile negotiation.

I'll be giving all three a first shot on stream, as always:

Pigems, dlshearon and deviln3 like this.
  16. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Very kind, just do my best :cheers:!

17. jnm23

jnm23

N24 in the dark feels less like GT sport and more like Resident Evil.
    Strange zombies trying to stab me in the dark from all directions and a sense of not knowing where I am going.

Pigems, tttao, Little_Guppy and 9 others like this.
  18. Little_Guppy

Little_Guppy

Definitely, pick another region.

I have considered the pros and cons of the Alt and for the most part I like the single account so that I can bear all the good and the bad vs gaming the game.

Playing in a different region is the best rationale for the Alt account - my opinion.

You can definitely use the same pressure technique that you used at last week's C Race. There are lots of mistakes at the N24. If you cannot pass just get on their tail as it increases the chance of a mistake as they will need to press even harder.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
    Sean YZF, Pigems, Dave_H_87 and 5 others like this.
  19. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

The last one of 2020!! At least the week counter was right haha!

cactus0, Pigems, soc123_au and 4 others like this.
  20. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Now this is going to play every time I turn from the GP track onto the Nordschleife...
    "This is home, this is mean street. The only home I know"...
    Edit: might bring my Eddie Van Halen livery...

Pigems and Groundfish like this.
  21. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Yes, but the problem here is if they make a mistake that gives me a penalty I lose far more than sitting behind them (unless they're really slow) so it's a balancing act. I do try and pressure them, but it's riskier to be right on their bumper here, luckily loads use mirrors so making fake moves does work. Maybe if I can get back to C/S it will settle a bit and I can push even more.

Pigems and Little_Guppy like this.
  22. Tea_Leaves

Tea_Leaves

RBR was quite the adventure as it turned out. I qualified 7th 1:29.7 in the Vantage. It started out clean until I was pushed aside at Schlossgold. I defended the corner but the pusher had other ideas by literally driving onto the grass at the tiniest gaps to my inside and sideswipes. Luckily I didn't visit the beach. He doesn't get a penalty.

Since I was shown no respect, I dived him at Remus but not enough to send him off the track. I landed at his door and pushed him aside and got no penalty. I expected him to divebomb at the next corner (which of course happened) so I switched to TCS 5 and that was enough to keep my car planted while he got a 3 sec penalty, lol. Finished 6th. I did get 1 SR down for a feint tap when a car slid across my path exiting Schlossgold. This system needs to check its standards.

Calls me dirty in the lobby after despite himself dropping to SR B. I know I should be the 'bigger guy' but giving them a taste of their own medicine might make them change their ways. It's not a wonder these races can be messy with all the win at all costs drivers and big egos out there. Although a broken penalty system isn't exactly helping either.

NoStopN, Pigems and baygencos like this.
  23. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Took 3 rounds out on the N24 last night. Bit messy from where I was. First race I have s very impatient driver push me out in turn 2 allowing another through. I end up following them onto the Nord. They are a total mess there. Get to Arenburg and they take each other out. One TT bounces back across and I think I am going slow enough to avoid as it slides from the outside in. Nope, it then bounces back to the outside and I get it. 4 seconds.

Next race I was just too close to @Raptor013 when he got a touch loose, whacked his bumper and got 2 seconds. Then spun myself out trying to get back onto track. Stuck behind a driver who simply ignored all other cars. Third race was pretty much by myself. All told still 99 SR but had to qualify a better time. Will race a bit there but man is it messy.

And yeah, the whole first half of lap 1 is very sketchy on tires.

As much as I love Big Willow I have serious trouble with those death beetles. Probably a qualify and walk away combo for me this week.

24. Raptor013

Raptor013

@Redneckchef shame you got a penalty for that contact. Sure it was a fair whack, but you had no where to go as I was recovering.

Timm Sheehan, Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  25. barak181

barak181

My trying Race C with the alt:

"Wow, it's dark. Everything looks totally different."

"Huh...that sign kind of looked like my braking point..."

"Oh, crap!"

Sean YZF, baygencos, Pigems and 5 others like this.
  26. fisheye

fisheye

I couldn't resist Big Willow, I'll go back into retirement next week. Did I mention I hate driving a Porsche?

sturk0167, Pigems, Groundfish and 3 others like this.
  27. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

This was from one of tonight's race C's, BasicOllie had started at the back and I'd spun off early so we had a good fight with each other whilst passing one of the backmarkers:

Dave_H_87, Sjaak, Pigems and 4 others like this.
  28. barak181

barak181

The backmarker was Rory Alexander's alt account. Either he hasn't been playing GTS much lately or he's as good at this combo as I am.

29. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

You can't fight PD penalty logic. But the penalty was fair enough as I slammed you. But that wasn't nearly as bad as me spinning out twice trying to straighten the car. Once there and once in the karusell. :boggled::D

That one is certainly challenging race.

30. afc5150

afc5150

Rocking the 'Ring in the dark has been my jam on my day off today. Did a 8:54.xxx in the RCZ, which has put me in the top 7 for the 4 races I did today. Managed a 2nd, 2 - 6th places and a 7th. 4 clean race bonuses and around 3,000 DR.

Not going to tempt fate any more today. Maybe on the alt. :D