"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
First day report from daily race B. Lost spots in every race, penalties seemingly everywhere, SR wrecked on main account. But at least I have a good reason. The wheel is helping me be smooth, but I still have to get atune to braking points (they seem to work better) & turn in (seems quicker). But, it didn't stop lower ranked drivers driving like complete morons.

But, I did get another example of not giving up until you cross the line.

Just had my last 2 races of the week at Spa, a 2nd and a 3rd in the Hamster VWagen! And I got another tenth of my qualy time, a 2:18.659 in the end. A bit rough and tumble in both races, some people wanting to be last day heroes I think, and driving like hooligans to try and win something on the last night of Spa, a pity.

I'm quite sad to see Spa end, and I hope it's back soon..... Thanks for the week of fun all you fellas here too! :)

Last edited:
Not bad.

urQeJel.jpg

Ah, much better.

tSxdHMF.jpg

Time for a smoke and two more races.

I've never been a massive fan of Spa. I just don't get the hype. Nothing has changed. But, this has been a decent week of racing.

Some silver lining to my drop in SR. 4 races later, I'm back to SR S and 3 wins. In the SR B lobby, I was expecting total carnage but thankfully my qualy time was good enough for P2 so all the carnage was behind me....plus just about everyone in the lobby dived into the pits. I got 2 of my wins with a 10 secs gap to P2 :lol:. Last race was in DR A and SR S lobby, went from P8 to P4....I'd say it's best to end it on a high note so I'm calling it a day. My to-do list for the weekend is still full of errands to take care of because I spent the whole weekend racing at Spa :lol:. Bought the Citroen GT last night and I already put a 1000 miles on it :lol:....It's been months since I played GTS that much and I'm so glad Spa is as much fun as I thought it would be. I do have to say though that when it gets bad, it gets really bad, after all my SR did go from an S to a B in just one race, but let's not dwell on that.

@Sven Jurgens Thanks for all the races today. I think I managed to overtake you just once. After that, every time we got close to racing each other, I could not keep it clean enough to make it stick and you just pulled away. Good stuff, good stuff!!! 👍

2 last races in the Citroen at Spa, finished 3rd and 4th. Mostly gained places from pit stoppers. I echo other comments about the Citroen, it's really good. The fastest I've no stopped with too: consistent low 2:22s with a few high 2:21s.

I had to be more conservative with fuel by comparison to the 4C or Porsche. FM 2 - 3 while behind a pack or when I had comfortable distance from a car behind and FM6 a few times on the straight.

Podium goal achieved and a nice way to end the week before Spa's gone.

And don't worry, I'm sure Spa will return soon... for Race A in the Mazda Demio. /s

Last edited:
Hey fellas, just in case anyone may be interested, I’m going to be running a new series of longer races starting this week using GTP’s WRS weekly combos in much the same way as we do the Friday Night Daily Races. Races will be in the 50 minutes range with varying multipliers aiming for 1/2 stop races. So if you like race C, then you will love these races, and you’ll never have to worry about running into those random jerks like Sport Mode can sometimes throw at you, the races will be clean and friendly just like Friday Nights. For anyone interested in participating, here is the link to the sign up page. I hope to see some of you out there on Thursday, Gr1 Audi R18 at Spa for 24 Laps is gonna be a blast! :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wrs-oe-online-events-are-back.390771/

507452C9-9B6D-44B0-9294-EE044EBA4E2F.jpeg

Last race at SPA this week for me. @Granadier and I was starting from the back with some really competitive drivers up front with 2.17 & 2:18
This time I ended up doing some fuel savings and its not my strong suit, but I was able to do a no stopper in the Porsche.
Fun race !

That was a really tough race! I nearly finished a place behind you but spun through Pouhon on the last lap. So many people quit out. Porsche served me well this week although it’s a slow dog when no-stopping.

Number 18 + finish 14th = -300 dr
Number 14 + finish 14th = -400 dr

I give up. A rank is just showing that I need to put a lot more time into quali.

This, for real. The week has been so enjoyable racing at Spa. :(

Yes the lobbies are super fast right now. I'm flying, at least that's what it feels to me. I just did 2:21.482 lap without any draft trying to catch up to the next car while already low on fuel due to a half lap side by side battle with another Citroen. And so far, after 5 races, -140 DR as result. After a week I seem to be maxed out just below 33K DR while racing from last.

I'm still enjoying Spa, couple more!

A rank isn't all that though. Car spins out in front of me, can't avoid, instant 4 sec penalty. While I was DR.B that would have been 2 sec at most. 4 sec costs me 6 sec on my lap time plus fuel plus time lost from the spin out hitting me.

Yes the lobbies are super fast right now. I'm flying, at least that's what it feels to me. I just did 2:21.482 lap without any draft trying to catch up to the next car while already low on fuel due to a half lap side by side battle with another Citroen. And so far, after 5 races, -140 DR as result. After a week I seem to be maxed out just below 33K DR while racing from last.

I'm still enjoying Spa, couple more!

A rank isn't all that though. Car spins out in front of me, can't avoid, instant 4 sec penalty. While I was DR.B that would have been 2 sec at most. 4 sec costs me 6 sec on my lap time plus fuel plus time lost from the spin out hitting me.
Wait, penalties scale with DR rank?

You know I was just reskimming over ultimate speed secrets by Ross Bentley, what he writes in that book holds true for GTS so massively. I just think it’s great. I just did my final little qual sesh to try to see if I could move up a bit and I did. I even did it with the evil speed sucking tcs 3 lol.
Every once in a while I revisit it, like before bed or something. I reccomend it to anyone who wants to do well in GTS.
To form a solid fundamental understanding of what you are trying to do ina racing car, or any car it’s pure gold.
People misread about one aspect of what he says about late apex, but I’m more talking about how he says tires work and how to move the controls,

Wah it's over! Best week in GTS right after last weeks N24. I finished with the CRB, 10th place finish in a very fast room. So many clean contact free battles this week with all kinds of different cars. After resetting my DR last Monday I finished at 33.3K My benchmark to beat next time Spa is on. Oh I forgot to qualify, too late now, the races have changed :lol: No time for qualifying!

I didn't win a single race but ended on an average position gain of 8.2 per race. Avg start 17.7, avg finish 9.5. Those 99 SR rooms were fast this week. Still a few podiums and a bunch of top 5 finishes, victory will come next time.

A lot of people came back to the dailies this week for Spa. Matchmaking has been working very well for a change. I wonder if it will show on KP (stats only run to oct 26 as of now) but it was already showing an upward trend, thanks to the rain maybe.

Next week looks meh, good I can use a break after these 2 weeks. Good times! Thanks for all the great races everyone!

Hadn't raced Spa this week in Sport Mode, but made up for it tonight. So I did my best @Sven Jurgens imitation. 10 consecutive no stop races in the Citroen GT. Started the evening from the back without qualifying. The first race I actually saved too much fuel as I didn't know how much to conserve. I finished 10th gaining 9 positions. Overall I had a best finish of 6th twice from the back in 5 races. The last one got a little dirty so I decided to qualify to start closer to the front. A 2:21 time had me starting around 9-10th. Best finish of 3rd twice. One of these I got the CRB. DR gain of 4K.

I averaged a gain of 10 positions from the back and 5 from mid pack. I really enjoyed racing from the back. A lot of times you get in a race and everyone is so close in times that it's hard to pass. You wind just running parade laps. I wish I could have set some time aside this week so I could have tried some different cars. But sometimes life doesn't cooperate. I did see @dlshearon, @williams_v_r, & @Redsea666 in the races. Always fun racing with some familiar names. So below are my results for the night in typical Sven format. :D

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191110212431.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191110215425.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191110222517.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191110225433.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191110232458.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191110235435.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191111002435.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191111005428.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191111012439.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191111015441.jpg

Iv taken a leaf out of PD's book and regurgitated this video regarding daily race C all be it with a new cover

Given it's the exact same settings this week as in september(and march)when I made the video its still relevant to this weeks race

Most folk will know the strategy for this race but video may be useful to any knewer players out there

Cheers.

Spa started out rough, been a while since the last time i raced there in any game. First few races i did the no stopper, that was very unsatisfying. Went through a few different cars, quit a few races as well not exactly having fun, but something kept me going.

And i ended up doing 1 stop races with my BMW M6 and having just as much fun as i did with my GR2 on Dragontrail.

There is something about the tracks with very few full stop corners, the tracks that flows constantly plays to my style, and they tend to be less filled with stupid moves/bad drivers. And the fuel strategy plays a major part even if you stop to refuel, i messed up the calculations and only after my third try i got it right :-)

Another week on this track and i might have been into B again (not an ambition at all)

Only managed 1 race in Spa last week. Didn't qualify, started 19th. Went in the pits after lap 4, no new tyres, but fueled up. Managed 11th in the end, with 2 cars passing me in the final lap, one of them in the final chicane - I guess because my tires were done at that point. Did a qualy session afterwards with a 2:23.

The track is hella fun though.

Just looked at entering Autopolis, realised I only have four Gr.2 cars and three of those are Meta candidates :banghead: Xanavi Nismo GT-R, Motul Autech GT-R and Raybrig NSX. Asia region top ten qualifiers is alread eight NSX and one each of the GT-R's.
I don't like driving the metas (regardless of philosophical and ethical concerns, I suck in them), looks like it'll be the RC-F for me.

Also tried a few Q laps at Maggiore, eight seconds off the Asia lead time and no consistency, need practice or I'll be a hazard in race.

Just looked at entering Autopolis, realised I only have four Gr.2 cars and three of those are Meta candidates :banghead: Xanavi Nismo GT-R, Motul Autech GT-R and Raybrig NSX. Asia region top ten qualifiers is alread eight NSX and one each of the GT-R's.
I don't like driving the metas (regardless of philosophical and ethical concerns, I suck in them), looks like it'll be the RC-F for me.

Also tried a few Q laps at Maggiore, eight seconds off the Asia lead time and no consistency, need practice or I'll be a hazard in race.

Doood! Get a grip!!! It's only Monday.... Not enough time to establish what will be the "META" for the week. Just drive whatever :dopey:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back