"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was a Brands Hatch marathon day. It went quite well until my concentration finally let go at the end.
I took some podiums but no wins.
The quality of racing was excellent. In my most memorable race in the Mustang, I had a superb driver in an 86 on my bumper for ten laps then a last to first streamer (one who is really cool) caught up as we exited the pits…
No dirty play ensued-no contact just fair racing.
It was a really fun day overall.

Last edited:
I wound up in a few A+, A, B (me) lobbies that were a blast last night!

same thing. Super clean driving. The same lobby seemed to carry over from race to race the pre/post race banter was actually somewhat personal instead of the cut and paste stuff people use. Real refreshing.

my 1:27.8 qually time was usually only good enough for p6-8 in those lobbies, so it was fun to have to work on a strategy besides start on softs, and run like hell until lap 11. I figured out that starting on mediums and pitting at the end of lap 3 was a pretty good audible. It would land me in the back with clean air after the pit, then I would undercut a lot of people throughout the race. Not to mention my tires would still have enough life left in them on the final 2 laps if I found myself in a position where I had to defend, or attack.

there were a few guys in scirroco’s last night that pitted for softs later than me, and I could just see them in my rear view mirror gaining a few tenths every lap. I really should give a FF a go here, but right now the Slophy is my security blanket and I’m only 700 pts shy of 30000. I’ll stay the course on this one

In my continued effort to ovoid using the FF Gr4 cars ( mostly because I suck at driving FF cars) I have been having decent success and lots of fun giving the Porsche Cayman a go. Brands is one of my favorites and the racing has been close, action packed and clean. The quality of racing has been excellent, I like these Gr4 race C combos we have been getting as of late. Will upload a replay a little later.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210606115517.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday was a Brands Hatch marathon day. It went quite well until my concentration finally let go at the end.
I took some podiums but no wins.
The quality of racing was excellent. In my most memorable race in the Mustang, I had a superb driver in an 86 on my bumper for ten laps then a last to first streamer (one who is really cool) caught up as we exited the pits…
No dirty play ensued-no contact just fair racing.
It was a really fun day overall.

The quality of racing at Brands this week has been great. Clean and fast, I have had a similar experience to yours. Having long battles for laps with other drivers, its been lots of fun

...except for when you punted that guy for having a livery you mistook for something you disagree with right. RIGHT?

:D:lol:;)

OMG LOL.
I thought it was something else ENTIRELY!
I even mistakenly trash talked him. Still feel dumb about it after the next race getting close and seeing what it was-actually a concept I support hugely.
End of night I did a poor one on another guy-car A went for the move car B got pushed off but lost the spot.
I was in hot pursuit and could have passed both but car A went defensive——I uh punted him.
So then I lift to let car B go, LOL he POUNDS me into the sand!
A and B were friends!
Still though considering I put in like 10-11 hours it was ALMOST all clean :)
You got me.

Jumped in race B right now. I typed, Oh look. SCIROCCOS.

Edit: Started 14/15, no qualy, in the Atenza. Last place Scirocco passes me before T1. Mayhem from then on. I sit back and watch the last four SCIROCCOS try to fit in every apex at nearly every corner.
Outbraking, shunting, blocking, trying to squeeze in and there's no gap to squeeze into. Atenza just cruises along. I'm in the battle, but I give room everywhere and let the Sciroccos clear me a path. Finished 3 spots up.

Like Cap says, "I can do this all day."

Last edited:
Had a run at Brands late last night, again in the Viper. Q3 with my 1:29:013 Q time, with a Slophy and GT-R in front of me, then a bunch of much slower opponents behind me. First lap, no idea what happened, but the GT-R spun out in front of me after Sheene Curve and the Slophy spun after Stirlings, completely opening up the circuit for me! So there I was, in first, for the next 8 laps until the guy in the Slophy finally caught up to me and passed me (fairly, I must add, very civilized race craft!). He was lapping nearly 2s quicker, so the guy was rapid, and I was struggling to get my lap times under 1:31 in race trim, preferring to keep the laps clean than push for outright lap time. We both ducked into the pits on lap 9, and both came out on the RM tyres - at least that's what I thought. One lap later, he jumps back into the pits roughly 5s ahead of me, and emerges 7s behind me at the start of lap 11. I'm thinking he's running a 2-stop because he's so quick and just wanted to burn off the RM's and jump back on the softs. Turns out he didn't have quite enough pace to make up the time loss and I ended up winning the race by over 2s. Messaged him afterwards and he'd put the wrong tyres on at the pit stop so had to double-stop! So, that gifted me a win in my final race of the week - I was still pretty blown away at how many didn't read the rules (by the end of Sunday!) and were getting 1min penalties, because 3 of 8 cars all had 1 min added to their race times!

Laguna should be fun this week. Looking forward to that one! EDIT: Just remembered that's the FIA race... Nurburgring will be alright, but I'll probably spend more time practicing for the Manufacturers race.

Last edited:
So a new week and new races. Going to try A first and the cars look the same!! Are they the same car? So 5 secs behind the fast guys in quali from 2 laps I'll take that. Probably 8 or so by end of the day. But Q9, strange that time in B/S isn't better. Well some idiot dive bombs at 1st so I get up to 6th, then get punted at 30R, 3 guys so no idea who did it, but no pens so just great. I make it from 10th to 8th, but no chance of catching up here it's just people making mistakes. Pointless race since punting someone might not be penalised and if it is the PZ is a joke here anyway.
Did a few quali laps for race C and am I the only one who totally hates the first sector? Basically just the bit we don't use for N24.

So a new week and new races. Going to try A first and the cars look the same!! Are they the same car? So 5 secs behind the fast guys in quali from 2 laps I'll take that. Probably 8 or so by end of the day. But Q9, strange that time in B/S isn't better. Well some idiot dive bombs at 1st so I get up to 6th, then get punted at 30R, 3 guys so no idea who did it, but no pens so just great. I make it from 10th to 8th, but no chance of catching up here it's just people making mistakes. Pointless race since punting someone might not be penalised and if it is the PZ is a joke here anyway.
Did a few quali laps for race C and am I the only one who totally hates the first sector? Basically just the bit we don't use for N24.
Sector 1 is very much go slow to be fast. Slow cornerspeed while you hug the curb in T1, out wide for T2, hug it again then out wide for T3 then hug again, then out wide for T4 and cut on exit

Last edited:
Decided to test the water in race C in NA. See if tire wear spiced anything up. Not amazing, but people are really struggling with the rate of wear. Especially since you need to really push the curbs in some places to keep the speed up. Smooth is king there this week.

That and the inevitable turn 1 dive bombs. Climbed positions in both races just by keeping it smooth and steady while staying on track. People pushing to death on lap 1 are usually struggling at the end of lap 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back