"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. I need ask you something

Can rear medium tires resist 8 laps?

A brazilian made his pit stop in lap 2 (Hards to Mediums) and at the end finished with almost 30% of tire wear. He used the AMG GT3

I reach that % with 5 laps driving the NSX.

Very weird

Hello guys. I need ask you something

Can rear medium tires resist 8 laps?

A brazilian made his pit stop in lap 2 (Hards to Mediums) and at the end finished with almost 30% of tire wear. He used the AMG GT3

I reach that % with 5 laps driving the NSX.

Very weird
They'll last, but the pace will drop off. An AMG in my race, pitted on Lap 2.

It is of course easier to do that way round as the lower fuel load helps reduce tyre wear late race.

If you see a “theres a new sheriff in town” greeting in b race tonight from a Mustang driver please identify yourself or you might get contacted. That is all.
Thank you.
Oh, how my thinking has changed! I was totally against alts as it allows you to mitigate the ups and downs in the game thereby losing the full experience. Then I got my alt for Asia so that I could experiment more broadly. That does not help me for the Americas where now I think I need a police car with a push bar. Aarg!

I know some of the veterans here have expressed disinterest in Gr3 at Suzuka but I'm newer to the online and have always loved Suzuka. This was a dream race for me but I was hesitant to try it out after a disastrous weekend playing online.

Thanks to @Jim_bilzerian and GTBlade, I realized that I had a good qualify time and jumped in. After a miserable couple of races in which I shot myself in the foot twice, I finally warmed up and started going places. Three podiums, one of which would have been a win if I had only pitted a lap earlier.

I may have had great luck today because most of the races were clean and close. People gave space, mistakes were apologized for, and signals of thanks were afforded to those who followed etiquette.

I really wanted to do a few more races tomorrow but it's a long weekend and I have made clear in a previous post of mine that I don't ever want to do a daily race on a weekend. It's too bad.

. That does not help me for the Americas where now I think I need a police car with a push bar. Aarg!

Eh. I qualify and play according to the rules.
Let the ump call the balls and strikes.

xpressed disinterest in Gr3 at Suzuka but I'm newer to the online and have always loved Suzuka. This was a dream race for me

It’s a fantastic track and class. I have raced there a LOT.
Earlier in game it seemed like they chose Suzuka way too much in everything from n200 to gr2.
As much as I love it, they finally burned me out.
Made it 10-3 last race after about four cars ahead went off on the B.

Edit: Earlier as I was unwinding I entered about six B races, looking for trouble. I developed a pattern of getting myself offed to last every race just about lol. Man karma really nailed me!

Last edited:
Had a much better night at NGP. Started poorly with very fast RCZ pushing and shoving constantly in my first race, I tore into him after the race and before the next one said "are we racing or being crazy mate". We then had a jolly good battle that I won as he ran off track. The guy qualified with a 2.03.6, he isnfaster than most A drivers but was causing bedlam. I'm in a WRX, you're in a pug, passing is easy dilgenberry.

Speaking of which, the REX is outstanding, dropped my qualy time to a 2.03.9 and I found near 4 more tenths on sector one before binning it sobthere is potentially a 2.03.5 in me but I doubt I can actually do it.

Its a weird car to drive, got to take high lines and get on the gas super, super early, before the apex, but it is rock solid, great over bumps and for me, faster than the Lancer.

Had a much better night at NGP. Started poorly with very fast RCZ pushing and shoving constantly in my first race, I tore into him after the race and before the next one said "are we racing or being crazy mate". We then had a jolly good battle that I won as he ran off track. The guy qualified with a 2.03.6, he isnfaster than most A drivers but was causing bedlam. I'm in a WRX, you're in a pug, passing is easy dilgenberry.

Speaking of which, the REX is outstanding, dropped my qualy time to a 2.03.9 and I found near 4 more tenths on sector one before binning it sobthere is potentially a 2.03.5 in me but I doubt I can actually do it.

Its a weird car to drive, got to take high lines and get on the gas super, super early, before the apex, but it is rock solid, great over bumps and for me, faster than the Lancer.
I'm a big fan of the WRX here too, but can't get under 2:05 at the moment! I find it massively predictable and very reliable through the twisty stuff and the hairpins. Mash the throttle and go for gold.

Speaking of dirty driving at NGP. Beware of drivers that ask/wish for a clean race. This Canadian driver in the chrome RCZ(another warning sign) wrote "No bumper cars, please!" Just before the race begin.
My first interaction with them is when I come up behind at the back straight leading to the chicane he moves to block. I have to go all four wheel off track to not have an accident.
But, it could be a mistake so I give room. And they directly try to push me off to the left after the chicane. I undercut and they try to put me in the pit wall.
Enough is enough.
Next time they catch up (clearly faster than me) I see what is going to happen and overslow on entry to chicane,they miss me and gets 1.5 Penalty for track limits....
Long video, but it is from outside then both perspectives...

Speaking of dirty driving at NGP. Beware of drivers that ask/wish for a clean race. This Canadian driver in the chrome RCZ(another warning sign) wrote "No bumper cars, please!" Just before the race begin.
My first interaction with them is when I come up behind at the back straight leading to the chicane he moves to block. I have to go all four wheel off track to not have an accident.
But, it could be a mistake so I give room. And they directly try to push me off to the left after the chicane. I undercut and they try to put me in the pit wall.
Enough is enough.
Next time they catch up (clearly faster than me) I see what is going to happen and overslow on entry to chicane,they miss me and gets 1.5 Penalty for track limits....

TBH, it looks more like they just don't know how to use their radar, expecting you to give them more space on the inside on the final bend onto the home straight and didn't expect you there on the inside through the high speed bend where you took the scenic path. Not sure if they were being intentionally dirty.

Enough is enough.

Well, no post race message, but the RCZ that was in front of me, was giving no room on corner exits. The FFs are so slow and they try to maximise the way out out out line and come in to the apex. That can't happen in race, It slows and is slowing everyone down. The AWD cars can stop, cut the corner and punch out. I have to wait, wait, wait in the Mustang, for an FF to slow way down, make the corner an arc and then wait for it to accelerate on exit.

TBH, it looks more like they just don't know how to use their radar, expecting you to give them more space on the inside on the final bend onto the home straight and didn't expect you there on the inside through the high speed bend where you took the scenic path. Not sure if they were being intentionally dirty.
Well. I said in post race chat " if you don't like bumper cars then why do you drive as one?" And his reply was "you hit me first"..
So the first "block" was probably a mistake. The rest was on purpose for sure

Enough is enough.

It's amazing what perspective can do. From both it appears the other party is playing dirty. However he is showing a huge lack of awareness and racecraft. His constant cutting of the NGK shows that. I can see why he may have gotten annoyed with you and thought you were dirty. The collision with the Lambo probably didn't help. (I assume he cut across you and spun himself.) Honestly looks like they can't play very well and hopfully you won't meet soon.

Well. I said in post race chat " if you don't like bumper cars then why do you drive as one?" And his reply was "you hit me first"..
So the first "block" was probably a mistake. The rest was on purpose for sure
The only times you guys came into close contact was when you guys went around that final bend and you hit him because he turned in on you not giving you room, and then he looks like he dived (avoiding collision?) at the chicane when you over-slowed. It's hard to tell if he was planning on dive bombing you or if he just got caught out and ended up off the racing line and running through the chicane at the speed he would have taken the racing line. Either way, you got the result in the end and hopefully he'll use his radar in the future and maybe give other cars more room on the inside when he doesn't want to get spun out!
It's amazing what perspective can do. From both it appears the other party is playing dirty. However he is showing a huge lack of awareness and racecraft. His constant cutting of the NGK shows that. I can see why he may have gotten annoyed with you and thought you were dirty. The collision with the Lambo probably didn't help. (I assume he cut across you and spun himself.) Honestly looks like they can't play very well and hopfully you won't meet soon.
Agree, it's a definite case of perspective. Or lack thereof by Mr Chrome RCZ where he cut @RacingGrandpa off at the last turn and paid the price for it...

Am I the only person who finds entertainment in a yellow Mustang sandwiched between a chrome Huracan and a chrome RCZ? :confused: :D

Last edited:
Yes, I was right behind that Hurracan when he ran wide and then got on the gas still with the rear on the curb, spun and crossed the track right in front of me. I did tap him when he flew by, unfortunately.
Maybe lag was part of it and from his perspective (his own replay) I was involved? I'll never know.
But when it happened I thought "too bad for him and too bad for me because now the RCZ surely see me as dirty.".
And he did...
The chicane where he dove there is no touching of the brake pedal before he realised I didn't turn in as he expected. Only when he sees he will go off he brakes.

Edit: he tries to steer me off before that final corner, just after the chicane he pushed me hard towards the left edge. When I avoid he swerves to the right to push me to the pit wall. I am ahead when he does it so he knew alright

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the WRX here too, but can't get under 2:05 at the moment! I find it massively predictable and very reliable through the twisty stuff and the hairpins. Mash the throttle and go for gold.

However early you are getting on the gas, you can do it earlier. Car is a slug so need to be on it early. At the mid lap hairpin, take a slightly high line to square off the corner and punch out hard, you will carry a good deal more speed through the esses.

Bit sloppy in this race but go tot he last lap, definitely worth a viewing, my closest ever finish.

Last edited:
I started an alt account last night, so I'm looking forward to some interesting low-lobby racing when I've got through a few more of the mission challenges and circuit experience tasks to build my garage up a bit. It'll be good to test out different cars that I wouldn't normally try race with for fear of poor results...

That's some tight racing there @NevilleNobody! I'll try take your advice on the hairpins and see if I can find some more time. I think turn 3/4 and turn 12 are my biggest time-losers at the moment.

Last edited:
Urgggggh 3 and 4. As someone else said, tricky thing there is keeping your minimum speed up. As I said above i ran a 2.03.9 then on next lap was 4 tenths up after sector 1, NFI what I did differently :crazy:

I decided to try a few minutes this morning to improve my time.
I used the Hyundai. Ended up improving it to 203.6 optimal 03.3.
I like the Mustang in race though.
Last night I was wondering how I got spun a couple times in the Stang by contact from Lancers and my pace was a bit off. Lol my dang tcs was off. Set it back to 3 this morning, much better.
I might need to qual in the lancer because there’s guys with low 03 but they run like 05 in race? Wth. Annoying.

Last edited:
I like the Mustang in race though.
Last night I was wondering how I got spun a couple times in the Stang by contact from Lancers and my pace was a bit off. Lol my dang tcs was off. Set it back to 3 this morning, much better.
I might need to qual in the lancer because there’s guys with low 03 but they run like 05 in race? Wth. Annoying.
I'm a fan of the Genesis. Maybe I'll take that for a blat round the track and see if I can get a better qualy time. Mine has been with the WRX so far (but also tried the Megane, Atenza and Scirocco).

If you look at my clip up above that's the Stang with TCS 0.

I was running qual last night tcs 0 without realizing it. Didn’t help my times. Negative is makes it easy to get spun out if they hit you.
Medium tire always takes me too long to get used to.

Last edited:

Yeah I am strong at NGP, I am never that close to you, ever. I am DR-B and my time is better than all but 5% of fellow B rated folks. I'll take it after bleeding some 6,000 DR points at LM last week!

Hmmm.... so PD will let you backtrack onto the main Autopolis course before starting your lap. It's sporatic, though, because it will reset your car about half of the time. When it works, I can reach the starting line at @ 107 mph, instead of the normal 100 mph. You can gain about .2 seconds before reaching the first turn, but I think it makes your tires dirty, because there seems to be a lot less grip when you get to the first turn (even with early braking).
My ghost, which didn't use the cheat, just flies right by me. :lol:

*I did not use this method for qualifying. I'm just messing around. :D
You would know if anyone used the cheat for qualifying if their lap replay shows them starting the lap at more than about 101 mph (162 kph).

Last edited:
It’s a thinking persons track, definitely. Smart drivers do well here.

HA!

It suits my style. Nail the braking point, wide line, square the corner a bit, nail the exit. Repeat. Repeat again. And ...repeat one more time. It's not super flowy and doesn't have ambiguous lines like say Suzuka where I get lost. It's weird, I can go really well at Spa but Suzuka, no dice, absolutely none, I am USELESS.

My stats suggest RBR > NGP > Bathurst as my best tracks pace wise and Bathurst likely because I have been watching laps there since 1981.

HA!

It suits my style. Nail the braking point, wide line, square the corner a bit, nail the exit. Repeat. Repeat again. And ...repeat one more time. It's not super flowy and doesn't have ambiguous lines like say Suzuka where I get lost. It's weird, I can go really well at Spa but Suzuka, no dice, absolutely none, I am USELESS.

My stats suggest RBR > NGP > Bathurst as my best tracks pace wise and Bathurst likely because I have been watching laps there since 1981.
That's funny. I do well at RBR, I hate NGP, and I've always sucked at Bathurst, though I am getting better. Raced one race there in FIA, and was up to 6th before pit stops, from 12th on the grid. Then I got pushed off at the end of Conrod, hit the grass, then sand, and ended up in 14th battling with a guy who punted me again when I didn't let him pass at the chase. He tried outside, I gave him room, side by side into the right, and he drove me off into the grass for a P16 finish. BUT, I was moving up and holding my own at the start, so there is hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back